Gabriel Hostel Reviews

Vasile Saftu 41 A, Brasov, Brasov, Romania

A bit out of town but everything was really clean and the staff was nice. Only thing the bathroom need soap

Had a lovely time here and ended up staying longer than intended. The hostel is a bit far from the centre but right next to the bus stop so very easy to find from the train station. Flavia was super helpful with bus routes and getting around, and keeps the place spotless. Gabriel seems to know everyone in Brasov and can sort out any problem. He also took us on a great day tour to beautiful places we would never have reached on our own. The tour was the highlight of Romania.

I had a wonderful stay here. The staff were so wonderful and accommodating. Especially with our sightseeing options and our transport to Bran castle for halloween! The hostel is a bit of a walk from the main square but the bus stop it literally right outside. So no problems there. Thank you Gabriel and Flavia for a wonderful stay!

The hostel was super clean and the staff were really friendly. It was well organized. Since I was the only one there it wasn't much fun A good rest. The walk , 15 min, to the main square is pretty. It is in the oldest part of the lovely old area in Brasov.

• 6th Oct 2015

Thank you !

excellent staff, friendly and with brilliant local info. Very clean. Bathroom facilities clean but shared with no real drying area and strict rules made showering and changing difficult. Lacking a communal area to meet other tourists/travellers. Ok place for a bed for the night.

Very friendly Hostel owners, the hostel is very clean

• 21st Aug 2015
  • Belgium

Thank you !

Awful : hostel without any soul, whithout any facility (oups, I’m lying, you may have some tea at morning), the way the hostess adresses to you is unbearable, she will explain you with an ironic and contemptful smile, all the things you mustn’t do - and if you forget anything, there are many posters in the rooms, in the bathroom, which will remind you everything about it - and all the things you must do. And, as often as possible, she will get sure you bahave like a good soldier, who obeys.

I'm really sorry that it was so awful! I smile polite all the time to tourists and patiently I explain them the rules of this hostel. With no ironic smile :( . The rules in this hostel are simple common sense rules and OOPS you still ignored one of the rule. My dear, even when you drive a car you need to know and respect the rules. I try to please everyone, but I do not always succeed how is your case. Coffee or tea are not facilities.

Basic, but spotless guesthouse, with the lovely manager Flavia going out of her way to make our stay as comfortable as possible.

• 5th Aug 2015

Thank you ! I am glad that I managed to make a pleasant stay for you :)

Very clean and secure with good info but rather spartan, no place to socialize, reading lights, lockers or place to hang your stuff in the shower.

Thank you! In the showers was a hook for hanging clothes, but tourists have recently broken I'm sure you saw the holes in tile. Also I'm sure you saw the holes in tile near sinks, there were boxes with liquid soap that tourists have also broken.

The hostel is a bit far from the center but it is a nice walk and the town is very safe (even as a girl walking alone at night). The staff is AMAZING and can help you with everything you may want to do in Romania. I stayed in the front room which is exactly where the buses start and stop their journey so the idling engines, turning on and off of engines etc got annoying. I suggest requesting the back room.