Gabriel Hostel Reviews

Vasile Saftu 41 A, Brasov, Brasov, Romania

Very friendly Hostel owners, the hostel is very clean

• 21st Aug 2015
  • Belgium

Thank you !

Awful : hostel without any soul, whithout any facility (oups, I’m lying, you may have some tea at morning), the way the hostess adresses to you is unbearable, she will explain you with an ironic and contemptful smile, all the things you mustn’t do - and if you forget anything, there are many posters in the rooms, in the bathroom, which will remind you everything about it - and all the things you must do. And, as often as possible, she will get sure you bahave like a good soldier, who obeys.

I'm really sorry that it was so awful! I smile polite all the time to tourists and patiently I explain them the rules of this hostel. With no ironic smile :( . The rules in this hostel are simple common sense rules and OOPS you still ignored one of the rule. My dear, even when you drive a car you need to know and respect the rules. I try to please everyone, but I do not always succeed how is your case. Coffee or tea are not facilities.

Basic, but spotless guesthouse, with the lovely manager Flavia going out of her way to make our stay as comfortable as possible.

• 5th Aug 2015

Thank you ! I am glad that I managed to make a pleasant stay for you :)

Very clean and secure with good info but rather spartan, no place to socialize, reading lights, lockers or place to hang your stuff in the shower.

Thank you! In the showers was a hook for hanging clothes, but tourists have recently broken I'm sure you saw the holes in tile. Also I'm sure you saw the holes in tile near sinks, there were boxes with liquid soap that tourists have also broken.

The hostel is a bit far from the center but it is a nice walk and the town is very safe (even as a girl walking alone at night). The staff is AMAZING and can help you with everything you may want to do in Romania. I stayed in the front room which is exactly where the buses start and stop their journey so the idling engines, turning on and off of engines etc got annoying. I suggest requesting the back room.

This is an excellent hostel with very friendly, helpful hosts. Before I arrived they emailed me to check my arrival time and advised the best way to get there from Moldova, and they were very welcoming and helpful with all queries. The hostel is directly outside a bus stop at the top of the old town and is about 20 minutes walk to the main square. The hostel was very clean with good facilities. No breakfast or kitchen, but you get a tea or coffee in the morning. Would definitely stay again.