Gagarin Hostel Reviews

11, Pervomaiskoho Leonida Str, Kiev, Ukraine

Stayed in a single room, very clean and comfortable. Handy access to the metro made this a good location. The staff were very helpful and accommodating, letting me use the facilities before and after check in/out. My only negative comment would be that it wasn't great for meeting other travelers , most other guests seemed to be domestic and spoke little English?

Great place. Very clean. Plenty of showers. The rooms had comfy beds and large lockers. The staff were helpful and friendly with basic English spoken. There was plenty of room in the 4-bed dorm room. The six that I moved to would have been a bit small if full but I had it to myself so no issues. There's a large common room with kitchen. It's a five minute walk to the metro and 20+ mins walk to the centre. It's four stops on the metro to the train station with a change.

The Gagarin Hostel staff were truly fabulous. They all spoke excellent English, which was important as I don't speak Ukrainian. I had several special requests and they responded straight away. The directions on their website are accurate. If you're looking for somewhere in Kiev, this is the place to go.

I really liked staying here, the location is excellent (quiet neighbourhood, less than 5 min walk to the metro station) and the facilities are great (plenty of showers, spacious dorms and a great common area/kitchen). Compared to earlier stays in Kiev, this was definitely the best option that I've encountered so far. It was sometimes hard to get in touch with people as many guests didn't speak English, but the hostel can't be blamed for this as only few people travel to Ukraine these days anyway

I've stayed at a few hostels in Kiev and this one has the best facilities, good atmosphere, nice staff and it's close to the metro so it's easy to get to.