Gaius Roma B&B Reviews

Viale Giulio Cesare 78, Rome, Lazio, Italy

We really enjoyed our stay in Gaius Roma B&B. The accomondation is very well located - only 5 min. walk from the Vatican - and it's veryquiet as our room's window was to the backyard. We found a nice, familiar atmosphere at this B&B. Marco and Lina are very kind and they do their best to make your stay as pleasant as it can be. They do their job with a lot of passion. They serve the breakfast in your room every morning and give hints and recommendations that make your visit more valuable.

Location is perfect, at walking distance from Vatican and right next to the metro The rooms are perfect too and the staff is incredibly nice!

Location is amazing (they're not exaggerating about how close it is to the metro station - useful buses from there as well), near Vatican, St Peter's, Castel Sant'Angelo etc. The building it's in doesn't look all that promising to start with but the B&B is lovely, nicely decorated and very clean, comfy beds, good shower, nice breakfast. Owners very friendly and helpful (great restaurant recommendation for the Luma Bistro round the corner). Great value too.

• 21st Feb 2014

I stayed for 3 nights in January and it was really easy to find the B

• 25th Jan 2014

The receptionists are very friendly and kind. The hostel is very close to the subway, El vaticano and there are many restaurants and gelaterias around...!!! the breakfast was great...!!! I love it...!!! =)

• 10th Jan 2014
  • Ecuador

The good news is that Nina & Marco were so sweet. The big thing is the directions do not explain the location well at all! It took 10 Italians(so nice) to help me even with the address #!! It was so frustrating after 13 hrs flying from Seattle. :-0 Turned out it was like a block from the Subway. The room was nice but the smell was not good at all. On 5th floor 10 flights of stairs but they have a tiny old pulley elevator. The location is the best part, would I stay there again, no. Sorry

• 7th Jan 2014

The best B&B I have ever stayed at!! Marco and his wife are amazing. They are so sweet. They make amazing breakfasts in the morning (with huge portions) and she makes the best cappuccinos. They are located directly across from the metro and a 2 minute walk to the Vatican. It is very convenient and safe! The room was nice and warm and the beds were comfortable. The bathroom was great and clean! The elevator is kind of small but it gets the job done. I would recommend this B&B to everyone!

• 23rd Dec 2013

Great place to stay, clean, big rooms and good breakfast. The location is incredible, just a 5 mins walk to the Vatican and St Angels castle for the rest the metro is in front of the building !! Shops, restaurants everything you need. The hosts are great, we forgot a mobile and they will help us out with the shipping back to my place.

I really liked spend my holiday at Gaius Roma!! It was amazing...the staffs, Marco and Lina are very friendly and helpful. the breakfast was very good and satisfactory. It was near the metro station and the Vaticano... I hope return at Gaius one day!!! thank´s a million Marco and Lina... =)

I enjoined the breakfast served in the room. That is classy.

• 11th Dec 2013

nice hostel generally. very good location. the metro is right next to the place. also it's close to the Vantican museum. But the matress is too old, just not comfortable.

Wonderful location, staff, and stay. Grazie Marco!

Thank you for the great stay!

Owners Marco n Lena are nice. Location is good, only minutes from metro. However visitors need to take note to use the right metro exit, caesar/barette (not sure if spelling is correct ), to land up on the right track. Bath n hand towel are provided. Breakfast was sumptious, served personally by Marco n Lena. Cons - shared toilet and toilet was cold

Thanks Marco and Lina for the good hospitality. Very happy and enjoyed the stay in your B&B... Hope to see you all again...ciao

We stayed for 3 nights and loved this place. Our hosts were more than welcoming, very helpful with directions, recommendations on what to see, how to get there, and lesser known areas for great local life at night. There is only one bathroom and shower, shared amongst guests but that was never a problem. Feels very much like a B&B. Our room was very spacious with a bistro set in the room for breakfast. Lift in bldg and metro is 60 seconds from your doorstep. We would definitely stay here again!

The owners were super welcoming and added to the wonder of being in Rome. The room was much larger than we had anticipated and gave us lots of room to spread out and make ourselves comfortable. My major concern is aways how clean a hotel or B&B will be but I did not have to worry, I have never stayed somewhere where cleanliness was clearly such a priority! I loved this place and if you are thinking about booking do it now before someone else snatches it up!

• 28th Oct 2013

The hosts of this B&B were so friendly and welcoming! I would definitely recommend this B&B as it is very close to the vatican and only a couple seconds away from the metro that can take you to the colosseum

Wonderful staff members who are very friendly and accommodating. They gave us some nice tips and we were treated very well. The room was spacious and had a couch, tv, small dining table and chairs, wardrobes, mirrors and high ceilings - very nice to stay in.

View all Rome Bed and Breakfasts