Gaius Roma B&B Reviews

Viale Giulio Cesare 78, Rome, Italy

I have only positive things to say about Gaius Roma B&B. From the nice and friendly hosts, making you feel very welcomed and comfortable, to a convenient location 2 steps from a subway station and 10 min walk from the Vatican city. The breakfast was wonderful and the hole experience was great. I had private bathroom, but a shared one wouldn't be a problem either. When in Rome next time I will definitely stay there again.

• 31st Aug 2014

Location is great, just outside the metro. Gay-friendly. Marco and Linda are very friendly are helpful. Bathroom was clean but old. Great breakfast too!

Great stay, good location, breakfast in bed is great

• 14th Jul 2014
  • New Zealand

Marco and Lina were utterly fantastic! Very friendly and hospitable. The location is super close to the tube station, and 5 mins walk from the Vatican. Staying on this side of the river felt much nicer than near the station. Being a gay couple we sometimes get not so friendly looks from the staff of establishments, but Marco and Lina where just so super dooper! :)

• 11th Jul 2014
  • South Africa

My sister and I went to Italy and Greece for two weeks at the beginning of July. We stayed at Gaius Roma for our first two nights and everything was perfect there. The people who ran it were so cute and so helpful. Our room was great, bathrooms clean, breakfast great. It was definitely the best place we stayed at while in Europe, and I would definitely stay there again if I ever go back to Rome.

LOVE THIS PLACE! Marco and Lina speak decent English and recommend a lot of good, cheap places to eat. They are 5 min from the Vatican and their rooms are huge. They serve such a large breakfast we got snacks and lunch (salami, cheese, and bread) out of it too! It's right by the metro. If I go back to Rome I will only stay here. Not a party place but you can still meet nice people to go out with there. LOVED IT! One down side is no air conditioning, but I'd still stay there again.

We had a great stay at gauis roma. The owners Marco and Lena were very generous and kind. The room was clean and fresh. The B

• 21st Jun 2014
  • Sweden

In simple words, this place is just fantastic! I stayed for 2 nights and I have only positive feedback for this hostel. Location and staff are simply great, Marco e Lina are really nice and helpful people...breakfast is way better than any other hostel I stayed in other cities, really nice stuff!!! :) I stayed in a doble-private room, it was pretty good, nice space ..wifi and cable TV also....just 1 min away from metro stop and 10 mins walking to Vaticano...all clean...it is a 100%! :D

Lina and Marco are wonderful hosts who make your stay easy! The B&B is right by the Ottaviano metro stop and only a few blocks (about 5-10 minutes) from St. Peter's/the Vatican. The room was spacious and clean as was the shared bathroom. Breakfast was included which was nice. Marco even gave us some tips and steered us toward some less touristy churches and monuments that were free to visit. We will definitely be back next time we're in Rome!

• 10th Jun 2014

I cannot wait to return! This place was beautiful. It is a traditional building in Rome and Lina and Marco (the owners) are a lovely italian couple. We booked he private ensuite shower double bed room, and it has everything you need. Just remember this is a B B not a hotel so don't expect complete luxury but still it was perfect for a long weekend. The location was right next to a metro which is 3/4 stops from Termini. The breakfast was fantastic in the mornings also. Thank you from G

The staff was so nice. They really take care of you.

My two travel companions and I stayed in the three person room and it was a great stay. The rooms were very large and comfortable. The owners were very nice and met us at the door with fresh orange juice since we had just arrived after a long flight. The location was perfect: literally two blocks from the entrance to the Vatican museum! The facilities were very clean and the breakfast was wonderful- all delivered right to our room.

Marco was a very pleasant host. Breakfast was lovely and location was superb. Would stay again if we visited Rome again.

• 6th May 2014

Good localization, metro station at 30 meters 5th floor without elevator Cleanless building

• 2nd May 2014
  • Colombia

Hello Mr Tobon tks for your feedback,,,,but we remember you that as descrition we are at 4th floor with lift,,,we hope that you not wrong apprtament ,,,in your stay in Rome

It was very plesaure to meet you Marco and Lina! Gaius Roma is close to the Vatican on foot. We had great breakfasts and feel ourselves like at home. Thanks for everything, Klaudia

• 26th Apr 2014
  • Hungary

Our hosts were very welcoming, helpful and kind. Our room was spacious , clean and the beds were comfortable. My only 2 reservations regarding this property are the location and the bathroom. The location is great for the vatican and getting on the metro system; however, it is a long walk to any other sites; but if you are willing to take pubic transpportation it's not a problem. The bathroom is the main thing that would keep me from returning. The shower door and handle fell off twice.

• 20th Apr 2014

We really enjoyed our stay in Gaius Roma B&B. The accomondation is very well located - only 5 min. walk from the Vatican - and it's veryquiet as our room's window was to the backyard. We found a nice, familiar atmosphere at this B&B. Marco and Lina are very kind and they do their best to make your stay as pleasant as it can be. They do their job with a lot of passion. They serve the breakfast in your room every morning and give hints and recommendations that make your visit more valuable.

View all Rome Bed and Breakfasts