Galata West Reviews

Bereketzade Mah. Okcu Musa Cad, Savcibey Cikmazi Number:3, Galata/ Beyoglu, Istanbul, Turkey

People were great! There are the most friendly receptionists I ever met and they really care that you feel good :) the breakfast ist a buffet in the highest point of the hostel with a view on all mosques :) loved it!

helpful staff, tasty breakfast, amazing view from the terrace. Great place to stay over when you're in Istanbul

• 27th Jan 2015
  • Lithuania

Cons ; room is small / if you don't smoke it would be a torture to use kitchen (smoking is allowed in the kitchen but not in room) /////// Pros ; near to tram and mart (about 5~10 minutes by walk) / staffs are good at English and very willing to help / you can see a nice view at the kitchen(same as terrace) /

the staff is very friendly and helpful, they make sure all your questions and requested are well answered and taken care of, tnx November, and Lukas for everything and hope to see you soon again, the terrace have amazing view of Galata tower and the bridge, amazing breakfast in the morning, great beds and lockers in the dorm, and great clean bathrooms.

• 21st Jan 2015
  • Belarus

This hostel is really well located, the staff is super nice (specially fritz) and has good security! I recommend it to all of you! Plus it has an incredible view from the rooftop :)

Incredible hostel! Adorable staff, especially November and Fritz - they are amazing, remember your name instantly and are always keen to help with anything. Extremely helpful for getting around Istanbul, they know the city well. The hostel is clean and quiet with an awesome roof terrace and good facilities. I met great people here. Location is absolutely perfect, super central. They could do with lockers in the room but that's really the only thing. All in all highly recommended. Thanks Galata!

I would like to highlight excellent approach of staff, they were so helpful and friendly :) also the location is perfect, walking distance both to metro and tramvay.

• 30th Dec 2014
  • Czech Republic

Great location, near tram and metro though it s a bit hard to find the place from the start based on the map provided. Rooms are comfortably heated in winter and rooftop dining area offers great views. Staff are very helpful on all information of interesting places and how to get there. It was very kind of them to let me leave the baggage there on my transit day in istanbul (the day i did not stay) Thank you again for comfy spaces and great hospitality.

We spent an hour to find it, asking people in the night for direction, and fighting on the way with each other, so but the time we reached it we were already tired and angry. Hostel is not bad, but screwlike stairs on the fifth floor killed me. Not a good place if you have heavy luggage. Bathrooms poor - with one bathroom on the floor (for 18 people I suppose). Breakfasts are good, with a nice rooftop view over Sultanahmet and Galata tower. Stuff is kind and helpful. Good value for its price.

normally we don't prefer answer to guests comments but i see you are transmitting false information so our capacity is 42 and there are 9 bathrooms also every floor has own bathroom. if you couldn't find address in 1 hour it's about your capacity. hostel address is clear.

Perfect location, helpful staff, enough warm room. The best for this price! I offer it anybody...I will be back!!!

• 21st Dec 2014
  • Hungary

The hostel is loacted in a very nice spot. It takes you just few minutes, on foot, to be in the old part of the town. The staff is really really nice and the hostel is clean and quite ok. Also the Wifi was very good. Just the WCs of the lower flowers was a bit smelly. Apart from this, and by considering the value of money, the hostel is really a very good place to stay

Great staff

We stayed 5 nights in Galata West and it was fantastic! The staff were amazing, Alper thank you so much for teaching us backgammon, lending us your student card and just generally being a great host. Same goes to November and (sorry forgotten name) the guy who gave Carl some of his homemade snapps when he cracked his tooth! Location was excellent, the roof terrace had an amazing view with lots to do. Lockers were a bit dodgy but atmosphere in the hostel was so good didn't worry about security.

• 15th Nov 2014

Everything is good or better. The terrace/common area is awesome. A decent breakfast is included. Only thing that needs some work is the lockers which at least in my dorm seemed unlockable (you could turn it open despite it being padlocked).

Clean and Cozy. We got locked up in a room in the first night, but the staff was very helpful and did their best to get us out as quickly as possible. In the end they had to break into the room and we got a better one with private bathroom. Thumbs up for the terrace and breakfast.

• 8th Nov 2014
  • Slovakia

EXCELLENT value for money. Cheap and cheerful" Close to Galata tower and all the hotspots in the city. GREAT staff - especially Alper at the front desk. The owner is also very warm and kind, Good breakfast according with the price , Small, but comfy and clean rooms. What really was wonderfull was the fact that in the night it was really quiet...have been in other hostels...but there the music of the pubs was really loud. Nice place that I would definitely return to when I am in Istanbul.

• 30th Oct 2014

I loved my stay. The place is absolutely central. The staff is exceptionally friendly and helpful. Clean and mostly tidy. Better than most hostel i know. Happy to return in the future.

• 30th Oct 2014

If you're looking for a hostel that is centrally located to all the great sites and neighborhoods of Istanbul but don't want to pay an arm and a leg, then Galata tower West is the place to go. I picked this place bc if it's awesome location (within walking distance to the Blue mosque, Galata bridge, Taksim Sq, etc) and affordability. It's super close to metro's and busses. Also it's near Taksim Sq, which has a lot of great restaurants (go in the alleys for hidden gems)

• 28th Oct 2014

Our first night at the double private room was awful. It was a very small room with a ceiling right above our heads and a window looking at a firewall. It was dark and suffocating.We only had one blanket and when i went down asking for another one, they said they make sure we get another...i am still waiting for it... We switched rooms the next day and we got a room with 3 windows overlooking the streets and bunkbeds. The roof terrace is amazing also we got breakfast every morning.

• 21st Oct 2014
  • Hungary

Staff were lovely. Really helped me sort out my bus ticket out of turkey. Galata is a very easy place to stay in. Reccomended.