Galata West Reviews

Bereketzade Mah. Okcu Musa Cad, Savcibey Cikmazi Number:3, Galata/ Beyoglu, Istanbul, Turkey

I would like to highlight excellent approach of staff, they were so helpful and friendly :) also the location is perfect, walking distance both to metro and tramvay.

• 30th Dec 2014
  • Czech Republic

Great location, near tram and metro though it s a bit hard to find the place from the start based on the map provided. Rooms are comfortably heated in winter and rooftop dining area offers great views. Staff are very helpful on all information of interesting places and how to get there. It was very kind of them to let me leave the baggage there on my transit day in istanbul (the day i did not stay) Thank you again for comfy spaces and great hospitality.

We spent an hour to find it, asking people in the night for direction, and fighting on the way with each other, so but the time we reached it we were already tired and angry. Hostel is not bad, but screwlike stairs on the fifth floor killed me. Not a good place if you have heavy luggage. Bathrooms poor - with one bathroom on the floor (for 18 people I suppose). Breakfasts are good, with a nice rooftop view over Sultanahmet and Galata tower. Stuff is kind and helpful. Good value for its price.

normally we don't prefer answer to guests comments but i see you are transmitting false information so our capacity is 42 and there are 9 bathrooms also every floor has own bathroom. if you couldn't find address in 1 hour it's about your capacity. hostel address is clear.

Perfect location, helpful staff, enough warm room. The best for this price! I offer it anybody...I will be back!!!

• 21st Dec 2014
  • Hungary

The hostel is loacted in a very nice spot. It takes you just few minutes, on foot, to be in the old part of the town. The staff is really really nice and the hostel is clean and quite ok. Also the Wifi was very good. Just the WCs of the lower flowers was a bit smelly. Apart from this, and by considering the value of money, the hostel is really a very good place to stay

Great staff