Galata West Reviews

Bereketzade Mah. Okcu Musa Cad, Savcibey Cikmazi Number:3, Galata/ Beyoglu, Istanbul, Turkey

I think the staff was attentive and extended a hospitality to me. When I was trying to work out how to lock my room's door, a member of staff who was passing by noticed my struggle and showed me how to lock the door, which was great. Generally, I got effective answers to my questions about how to get to the airport using the tram and train, where the nearest supermarket is, and whatever I needed to know I found people helpful. Nobody tried to treat me in questionable ways. So it was convenient.

The hostel is very well located, close to Galata tower and Istikkal, but also very near to the bridge, Eminönü, Bazaar and Sultanahmet quarters. Although the room had no natural light (the window was looking to a very narrow space), it was comfortable and we really appreciated the nice breakfast at the very top of the house, with a great view to Galata tower and the Golden Horn!!!! The Staff is also very friendly and helpfull! We managed to come back with a turkish carpet with their help! :-)

• 20th Apr 2014

excellent service.. Great location and kindness!!

• 15th Apr 2014
  • Ecuador

Really nice and helpful staff, rooms were ok , many stairs but for that you have a great view on the terrace, breakfast was also good, it is close by the area for going out -- that was really cool many bars and clubs, there are already some sights (istikla street, taksim, galata tower), if you walk down to galata bridge (10 min) there is the spice market -- from there with the tram, or with the new metro line close by the hostel you are very fast in the old city (by other main attractions)!!

Der hostel war einfach toll, der privates Doppelzimmer war perfekt, sauberkeit super, die Terasse mit blick auf die Galata Tower war toll, und es gab jeden morgen Türkisches Frühstück dank eine der netten Mitarbeiter The Hostel was just great, our private double room was clean and comfy, on the last floor the wiew of the Galata towedr from the terrace was just great, and thanks to one of the crew members, there was turkisch breakfast every morning.

Perfect location close to Galata Bridge, so it is close to all important place in the city. Staff is very positive, friendly and helpful. Very good atmosphere. Hostel very clean, hot water all time, breakfast was good too. One of the best hostel where I have been. I would definitely recommend.

• 11th Mar 2014