Galata West Reviews

Bereketzade Mah. Okcu Musa Cad, Savcibey Cikmazi Number:3, Galata/ Beyoglu, Istanbul, Turkey

All in all I would say is's a good budget accommodation. There are a few things that are annoying and I don't think it would be much of a hassle to change them. The toilet seats were very unstable thus hard to sit on (at least for 3-5th floor), the showers need to be sealed because the whole room is always flooded after a shower and they need a description that is easier to follow. It's really hard to find the first time. but besides that, breakfast was good, staff nice. would come again.

Great hostel. Really nice staff. Clean. Location isn't ideal, but it's only about a twenty minute walk to the main tourist square. Or you could take the metro, which is right nearby. Breakfast is good, and there is a kitchen. Really reasonably priced. Definitely recommended.

Rooms do not all have windows so it can be really warm. Rooms are not very good equipied, only a bed, no table, no chair... bathroom could be cleaner. But even though nice place to stay, staff is friendly and will help you if you need something. Location is very good, you can walk evrrywhere but it is not too lood. I can recommend!

the hostel is fine. i would go there again defenitly. because the staff are super friendly. its clean. it has a fantastic terrace with view to the city. great atmosphere. its all very good. and the location is very central . if you want to save some money this is the best place to stay.

Loved the Galata West. Great location, clean, awesome staff!

• 14th May 2014

Best 2 aspects of Galata West hostel are: 1) location in Beyoglu (hip bars, cafes, restaurants), and 2) top floor roof terrace with its beautiful views, WiFi access is perfect for chilling out and meeting other travellers. There is a free basic breakfast from 8.30-9.30am, you have access to a fridge, and staff will give you a free Istanbul map. Staff are friendly, and you can walk down the hill to Sultanahmet (the old city) for sightseeing during the day, and walk back afterwards.

Excellent staff and good location, great view from the roof, close to galata tower and istkali street, also the neighborhood is very quiet.

great hospitality thanks to everyone ;)

• 26th Apr 2014
  • Turkey

I think the staff was attentive and extended a hospitality to me. When I was trying to work out how to lock my room's door, a member of staff who was passing by noticed my struggle and showed me how to lock the door, which was great. Generally, I got effective answers to my questions about how to get to the airport using the tram and train, where the nearest supermarket is, and whatever I needed to know I found people helpful. Nobody tried to treat me in questionable ways. So it was convenient.

The hostel is very well located, close to Galata tower and Istikkal, but also very near to the bridge, Eminönü, Bazaar and Sultanahmet quarters. Although the room had no natural light (the window was looking to a very narrow space), it was comfortable and we really appreciated the nice breakfast at the very top of the house, with a great view to Galata tower and the Golden Horn!!!! The Staff is also very friendly and helpfull! We managed to come back with a turkish carpet with their help! :-)

• 20th Apr 2014

excellent service.. Great location and kindness!!

• 15th Apr 2014
  • Ecuador

Really nice and helpful staff, rooms were ok , many stairs but for that you have a great view on the terrace, breakfast was also good, it is close by the area for going out -- that was really cool many bars and clubs, there are already some sights (istikla street, taksim, galata tower), if you walk down to galata bridge (10 min) there is the spice market -- from there with the tram, or with the new metro line close by the hostel you are very fast in the old city (by other main attractions)!!

Der hostel war einfach toll, der privates Doppelzimmer war perfekt, sauberkeit super, die Terasse mit blick auf die Galata Tower war toll, und es gab jeden morgen Türkisches Frühstück dank eine der netten Mitarbeiter The Hostel was just great, our private double room was clean and comfy, on the last floor the wiew of the Galata towedr from the terrace was just great, and thanks to one of the crew members, there was turkisch breakfast every morning.

Perfect location close to Galata Bridge, so it is close to all important place in the city. Staff is very positive, friendly and helpful. Very good atmosphere. Hostel very clean, hot water all time, breakfast was good too. One of the best hostel where I have been. I would definitely recommend.

• 11th Mar 2014
  • Poland

Good location. It is close to Galata Bridge, Istiklal Street and Galata Tower. Friendly and helpful staff. The terrace has a view of top of Galata Tower and very small view of sea. The shared toilets were generally dirty. The shower was cleaner than toilets but water was so cold or so warm it was hard to get a good temperature.The breakfast was poor. All foods (cheese, jam, honey, etc.) are from an unknown brand, cheese taste and look really bad.

• 30th Dec 2013

Dear Guest, Thank you so much for your review also your opinions and suggestions are so important for us so we have developed breakfast and now we have tea, coffee, fresh bread, egg, tomato, cucumber, olives, strawberry jam, chocolate, cheese, butter and honey. And we hope it is enough for every taste.I am wondering if you could distinguish between different Turkish brands:) because the ones we provide to our customers are products from a famous company and just so you know the brand is Lokman

Rooms are a bit too small for four people and the lockers should be repaired but otherwise good value for money and friendly staff.

nice staff. nice view from the kitchen/lounge.

great location, comfortable bed, luxury bathroom, friendly staff and the best thing is that terrace with it's awesome atmosphere. breakfast and cleaning could be a little bit better but it worth the stay there with these good prices.

• 31st Oct 2013

Great location, very friendly and helpful staff and absolute value for money. Everything seemed new to me especially bathrooms and terrace. And also all the walls painted in warm colors which was really nice. I heard that they just had renovation done. The breakfast was okay too. The only problem I faced was the stairs since there is no elavator at hostel. Apart from this everything was nice.

• 29th Oct 2013

Hostel is quite basic, just to spend a night there. We spent there 4 nights, 2 of them were very noisy and staff doesnt care about noise. Very thin walls, you hear everything. If you expect hot shower after long day, notice that water pressure for hot water is very poor, as well as drain. Breakfast is very basic, just bread, butter, very sweet jam/nutella and honey and not always served on time. No table or chairs in rooms, just very small rack for your stuff. Good location and nice terrace.

Dear guest thank you so much for your comment . Absolutely we care our guest stay also you didnt say anything about noise in your staying time and we offered for breakfast are jam, nutella , cheese, honey, butter i think this enough for prices also always breakfast start at 8:30 am on time also what did you mean ''very sweet jam '' :) jam should be sweet and you could see our room pictures before made a reservation we dont have table in dorms just we have tables in private rooms