Galata West Reviews

Bereketzade Mah. Okcu Musa Cad, Savcibey Cikmazi Number:3, Galata/ Beyoglu, Istanbul, Turkey

We stayed 5 nights in Galata West and it was fantastic! The staff were amazing, Alper thank you so much for teaching us backgammon, lending us your student card and just generally being a great host. Same goes to November and (sorry forgotten name) the guy who gave Carl some of his homemade snapps when he cracked his tooth! Location was excellent, the roof terrace had an amazing view with lots to do. Lockers were a bit dodgy but atmosphere in the hostel was so good didn't worry about security.

• 15th Nov 2014

Everything is good or better. The terrace/common area is awesome. A decent breakfast is included. Only thing that needs some work is the lockers which at least in my dorm seemed unlockable (you could turn it open despite it being padlocked).

Clean and Cozy. We got locked up in a room in the first night, but the staff was very helpful and did their best to get us out as quickly as possible. In the end they had to break into the room and we got a better one with private bathroom. Thumbs up for the terrace and breakfast.

• 8th Nov 2014
  • Slovakia

EXCELLENT value for money. Cheap and cheerful" Close to Galata tower and all the hotspots in the city. GREAT staff - especially Alper at the front desk. The owner is also very warm and kind, Good breakfast according with the price , Small, but comfy and clean rooms. What really was wonderfull was the fact that in the night it was really quiet...have been in other hostels...but there the music of the pubs was really loud. Nice place that I would definitely return to when I am in Istanbul.

• 30th Oct 2014

I loved my stay. The place is absolutely central. The staff is exceptionally friendly and helpful. Clean and mostly tidy. Better than most hostel i know. Happy to return in the future.

• 30th Oct 2014

If you're looking for a hostel that is centrally located to all the great sites and neighborhoods of Istanbul but don't want to pay an arm and a leg, then Galata tower West is the place to go. I picked this place bc if it's awesome location (within walking distance to the Blue mosque, Galata bridge, Taksim Sq, etc) and affordability. It's super close to metro's and busses. Also it's near Taksim Sq, which has a lot of great restaurants (go in the alleys for hidden gems)

• 28th Oct 2014

Our first night at the double private room was awful. It was a very small room with a ceiling right above our heads and a window looking at a firewall. It was dark and suffocating.We only had one blanket and when i went down asking for another one, they said they make sure we get another...i am still waiting for it... We switched rooms the next day and we got a room with 3 windows overlooking the streets and bunkbeds. The roof terrace is amazing also we got breakfast every morning.

• 21st Oct 2014
  • Hungary

Staff were lovely. Really helped me sort out my bus ticket out of turkey. Galata is a very easy place to stay in. Reccomended.

I like this place a lot, very nice and clean rooms, the terrace is very good becuse have beautiful view for the tower, the breakfast is fresh, kitchen with everything to cook too, the workers help me a lot with information about places to visit., my only problem was the street in no easy to find, but I will back this place again for sure.

• 24th Sep 2014
  • Armenia

Value for money hostel in good location near Galata tower. I liked the free breakfast of salads, bread and Tea/coffee. The rooftop terrace was a cool place to hangout and enjoy the views over Istanbul. The building is narrow and hence requires walking up and down a lot of stairs but it was not a problem for me. Tea/coffee available all day and shisha, PS3, aircon, luggage storage, free map and info. 10 euro for 6 bed dorm with breakfast included is a good deal. All in all a very enjoyable stay

Very nice hostel with a beautiful view from the rooftop. It is not far from the main touristy spots so you can get everywhere by foot. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Everything is clean, even the toilets and showers. Nothing to complain here and for this cheap price the service and facilities unbeatable

• 21st Sep 2014

No power plugs in the room but nice airconed room nice staff and good breakfast decent hostel all round

greathostel, loved it. private rooms could have been a bit bigger (an extra table/chair, a window) would have been handy and nice, but good valuefor the money! recommended.

Basic hostel...rooms small but clean.

It was right near the Galata Tower which was neat. It was in a bit of a rough area, had a rooftop terrace that was fun to hang out in with a open kitchen to use. Lockers were a little flimsy, I wore shoes in the shower they were dirty. Overall a good place to stay. If I go back I would stay in a different hostel.

This place was ok. It was nice to be in the Galata area but the streets outside the hostel were full of garbage and hard to navigate. The bathrooms were constantly occupied, with only one per floor there clearly weren't enough for all guests, and the floors would flood with water after people showered. You had to walk up and down the winding staircase, five floors, looking for a free bathroom. At one point, there was no running water at all, hot or cold!! Patio is nice though, free breakfast.

Simple but in a very good location. Good staff and good breakfast.

We had a really good time in this hostel. The staff was friendly, we felt like we were in family.

• 15th Aug 2014

Hostel staff is really helpfull. The terass is nice with the view on the Galata Tower...

Everything is great, especially they have a very nice terrace place which you can enjoy your breakfast or simply just chill there. The staffs are friendly as well except sometimes they give some wrong information, which is not awesome.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7