Galata West

• Bereketzade Mah. Okcu Musa Cad, Savcibey Cikmazi Number:3, Galata/ Beyoglu, Istanbul, Turkey
8.7
Fabulous 579 Total Reviews
8.7
Fabulous 579 Total Reviews
Galata West Located at Bereketzade Mah. Okcu Musa Cad, Savcibey Cikmazi Number:3, Galata/ Beyoglu, Istanbul.
Turkey
Istanbul Bereketzade Mah. Okcu Musa Cad, Savcibey Cikmazi Number:3, Galata/ Beyoglu
87% 579
41.0263006 28.9719557
    Rooms available

• Ukraine, Couple, 18-24
22nd Jun 2016
6.9

You get what you paid for, which isn't much! Fine for students and backpackers. You will have to climb at least 2 floors of steep steps with luggage , but If unlucky could end up going all the way to the 6th floor ! They provide towels and bedding , fairly clean, but remember to bring your own shower gels etc. Bathroom not quite clean and water pressure could be better. Good kitchen facilities and amazing view from the rooftop terrace!!

• Australia, Couple, 18-24
19th Jun 2016
7.7

Great location - we loved the neighborhood. The stairs are a workout (terrace is on the 6th floor) The light switch for our room was out in the hallway, so other guests turned our light on while we were sleeping. We stayed 3 nights and no matter the time of day there was NO hot water. Furthermore, one toilet per level is not sufficient, we had to go to other floors on multiple occasions to find a vacant bathroom. WiFi was average. Air-con was a lifesaver though!

14th Jun 2016

Had an incredible stay at Galata West. Not only do they have a cozy and communal top floor terrace, but the beds are comfortable and it's in an advantageous location right next to the Galata tower. The staff was also very hospitable, and the types of people that stay there are just as kind. I left my ipod there the morning I left and one of the hostel mates found and returned it to the front desk. Great people, good location, can't beat the price. You won't be dis-satisfied here.

• Argentina, All Female Group, 18-24
10th Jun 2016
5.7

Location was great, the staff very nice and the atmosphere was pretty cool. Nonetheless, toilets were really dirty and rooms were not too proper either. We felt a bit unsafe, as the entrance door was always open, even when nobody was at the reception. Also, bring your earplugs if you decide to go: you will hear every single noise of what happens around the hostel

• China, Female, 18-24
6th Jun 2016

Great place, easy to find! The terrace is perfect, I met a lot of people here, felt like home! And people work here, they were so kind! It's really cheap, it deserve more! I would like to come back one day!

• England, Male, 25-30
4th Jun 2016
7.4

Enjoyed our stay in Istanbul, the hostel is in a decent location for all the restaurants, bars and cafes of Beyoglu, really handy in the evenings. Also, very reasonably priced. The breakfast was fairly generous. Hotel staff weren't particularly welcoming, which sometimes gave the impression that you were interrupting them if you asked anything. Floors were a bit dirty. A good budget option without being anything special.

3rd Jun 2016

Clean place, staff very friendly. Very close to galata Tower. WiFi was fine, and there is a really nice view from the top floor, where you find an interesting common area to listen to music and talk to people. There are Lockers in the room (bring your own lock). At first I found it a little bit hard to find it because it is in a small street next to the one my GPS was showing, but there is a hostel sign.

31st May 2016
7.4

All the people working here are very kind and helpful. The place is clean. No complaints there. The location is convenient. I had no problem keeping my things secure, but I have a lock on my suitcase, so I didn't bother asking about other options. There are lockers in the room. If you carry your own lock (which you should), you'll be set. It is a tiny, cramped hostel with MANY STAIRS TO CLIMB, both to your room and to the common area. That was hard on me after the long days of walking.

• Ukraine, Female, 18-24
21st May 2016
8.0

I liked staying at Galata West. The owner was very nice to me, and he was very flexible. I had no problem leaving my backpack there before check-in and after check-out. I liked how quickly issues were resolved there. I could see how much the owner of Galata West cares about his hostel. The rest of the staff were very nice and helpful, too. Some even offered to show me around.

• New Zealand, Male, 18-24
7th May 2016

Great staff great hostel great location