Galata West Reviews

Bereketzade Mah. Okcu Musa Cad, Savcibey Cikmazi Number:3, Galata/ Beyoglu, Istanbul, Turkey

Perfect! Everyone was so nice, the atmosphere was great, we loved the terrace and its views and the staff was incredibly nice and helpful. Will for sure come back.

• 30th Dec 2015
  • Spain

This was a great place to stay in Istanbul. With an awesome view from the terrace, a friendly and knowledgable staff, and a free breakfast it was the perfect set up. I would definitely go back and stay there again. My only complaint was the showers were a little finicky, I could never get the water to stay warm and it often turned cold. But with everything else so nice it wasn't a big deterrent.

I was at the hostel for the second time and again I really enjoyed my stay. Everyone from the stuff is helpful and friendly. Loved the free breakfast and the great terrace on the top floor. Will definitely come back again.

• 6th Nov 2015
  • Bulgaria

Place is near Galata bridge, its new and clean. Zone is safe, you can walk at night without problem. Its a 6 floor building , with kitchen and terrace up in the last floor. Bathroom was ok, and no problem with hot water. Breakfast is included and was fine, you can use kitchen anytime and its not crowded. Staff is helpful. I really liked the hostel.

I really liked my stay, however I didn't like how the downstairs door was always open. Even really late at night it was wide open. I appreciated how the second door had a password system, but I think that should be on the outside door.

The BEST and PERFECT stay !!

Great location and great staff. Breakfast is underwhelming but besides that it's a fantastic place. Nice to be able to use kitchen for other meals too!

Gracias Fritz y a todo el personal por una estadia genial! El atardecer desde el balcon con vista a la Mezquita Azul y Aya Sofia, es realmente algo magico... 100% RECOMENDABLE

• 20th Oct 2015

The location is good,near to galata tower and bridge. The view from the terrace is beautiful and the hostel is clean and comfortable. The staff during the day time on our arrival is very helpful and give lots of information but the staff during night shift is very unfriendly.

Für das geld ist das total in Ordnung,5min Gehweg vom galataturm .eine gemütliche Terrasse oben,wo man rauchen kann,eine schöne Aussicht , dort kommt man in mit anderen Reisenden in Kontakt und Dort bekommt man auch das Frühstück welches von einer türkischen Frau vorbereitet wird.also ich kann es empfehlen

I arrived late at night and had to wait a while to get in as the reception area is upstairs from the security door. I had traveled long and far and had no cash left and the staff at the desk had no problem allowing me to check in and pay in the morning which I felt was a huge help. Full kitchen provided which was clean and accommodating. The terrace is by the best part of the hostel. The view is amazing. It's comfy, warm and welcoming for all fellow hostelers. Room had no outlets though.

• 29th Sep 2015

Nice hostel for the price. Helpful staff and nice roof terrace with great views of the city. Wifi is ok and the beds are just terrible. Stayed in two different rooms over 3 nights and the beds in all of them were very uncomfortable. Still not a bad option

Love the terrace and the view! Staff and maps of the area were very helpful.

La posizione è ottima, in una strada tranquilla, ma a pochi passi da zone piú vivaci (torre di galata, istiklal caddesi). È vicino anche alle fermate di metro/tram e dai moli da dove partono i traghetti. La terrazza sul tetto è molto carina, c'è un ottima vista sulla cittá con tutte le sue moschee e si trova sempre qualche altro viaggiatore con cui fare due chiacchiere.

• 2nd Sep 2015

The location could not be better between Istiklal, Taksim and the old city plus Galata tower is within 5 minutes walk. The breakfast is really tasty with fresh veggies, an egg and usually a pancake. And the best part of this hostel is the terrace that has a comfortable common space. It makes meeting people super easy.

I stayed in Galata West a couple days. I really enjoyed there. Atmosphere is relaxed, it is located close the popular places for sightseeing. Staff is very friendly. The breakfast is very delicious. I can recommend the hostel and I would like to visit it again.

This is a very good hostel, where u will experience such a nice hospitality. You are getting the best service for the price U pay for staying in there. The terrace they have is another topic to discuss! The view u can see from there is stunning. This is a wonderful place to enjoy the view and relax after a productive day in the hostel. The breakfast was also delicious, simple but nutritious. Hostel is located on the walking distance from the main points of sightseeing! Bravo guys! Will be back!

• 14th Aug 2015
  • Russia

Kleines Hostel nahe dem Galata-Turm. Das Hostel ist in einer engen, unscheinbaren Seitenstraße, deswegen leicht zu übersehen. Dachterasse mit schönem Ausblick im 5. Stock (dort gibt es auch das ausreichende, aber nicht unbedingt üppige Frühstück). Zimmer ohne Fenster (dafür mit Klimaanlage) und mit fleckigen Laken. Toiletten immer mal unbrauchbar weil Klobrille defekt/ab oder Toilettenpapier alle. Für schmales Budget zu empfehlen.

• 13th Aug 2015

We only stayed here 1 night but we enjoyed our stay. It was really helpful to have a computer to use. Staff were very helpful. There is potential for a better atmosphere but it was quite dull when we were there.