Galiani Hostel Reviews

70, bul. Hristo Botev, Sofia, Bulgaria

Horrible place, the room which I at, is full of wall mold. I pain in my ear and thought. There's no kitchen. The administration to cheat you in every way.

This is FAKE! We arrived at 21 and we were supposed to do the check in, no one was in the reception. We called and no one answered. After 30 minutes, we saw a guy approaching us in the street, him. We booked a private 3-bedroom but this room didn't exist in the hostel, so the guy "offered us" to sleep in a shared room, dirty without lights, where all beds were occupied except one. We said no and the guy didn't want to give us the money back. We finally had to find a new place at 22.00.Shameless!

This place is basically a scam. The owners are entirely unreachable, the bathroom is a shower head rigged over a toilet and the security is so bad the police strongly suggested I'd move elsewhere when they heard where I stayed. DO NOT GO THERE. In addition to that, there was a police raid for criminals that they suspected living in the hostel, the raid was in an utterly unacceptable way for a European country. AVOID THIS PLACE AT ALL COSTS. This place should be closed down for everyone's safety.

The pictures posted are a lie, firstly. The room I was staying in was two streets away from the actual hostel. Perhaps the worst of all was that the "shower" was just a shower head stuck on the wall of the toilet. You basically shower on the toilet. I didn't ever get to find out if I could get a towel because I would have to walk back to the main building and ask someone that is either a)rude or b) can't speak English. A baby was wailing all night in the next room.

We arived late, and the receptionist was tired, but very polite and very nice to us although i think we might have wke him up. The room we booked was clean, spacious and all in all very good. The bathroom was a bit far away from the room, but i was ok with it.

Awful stay. Made me feel very uncomfortable. I booked a private twin with shared bathroom because I'm travelling with a male friend, but did not receive this. If I wanted separate beds I had to stay in a room with 'many gypsies', the owner said this to almost scare us. Didn't sleep well as I felt very unsafe in the room. Unclean. Situated in a very spooky place. Avoid at all cost. Had to pay €4 extra because they didn't have our room, we didn't want to argue because the man who le

Great hostel in a perfect downtown location. Ivo is a very friendly guy who runs a great hostel. Speaks great english too!

• 19th May 2015