Galina's Flat Reviews

Chaplygina Str 8 -35, Moscow, Russia

I arrived too early. At 5:30 in the morning. The owner, Galina, was so mad and she yelled at me. It was raining and otherwise, I would have stayed out. I couldn't figure out why she was so mad, and she treated me really bad during the whole day. Why?! Because she wanted to ask me for more money, because she opened the door for me. All she wanted was money for an ''early check in''. If not, she wanted me to leave the following day at 6 am (same time I had checked in the previous night). Terrible

Galina's Flat is worth it because of the price and localization. So cheap and very in the center, but the cleaning is totally absent. The wc is separate from the bath but has a window in common, both very dirty so that is better you to don't touch anything. The beds are comfortable for sleep, the house is hot, not noise and the wifi works well. The woman is nice and she gives you keys for you. You can use the kitchen, but it's kind of untidy and messy. In summary it's a good place to save money.

• 18th Oct 2014
  • Spain

There were 3 free cats going around.

If you want to stay in an international, all-party, standard hostel, this is NOT the place to go, because Galina's place is more about intimacy, nice conversations and friendship in a real Moscow apartment where you will feel as visiting a friend or a relative... a Russian one :) Galina is extremely welcoming and nice, and so are her guests (and her cats) . Flat is located in a nice central area. I will definitely stay again here whenever I come back to Moscow. (Ricardo, Colombia)

Free wifi and Galina is a lovely woman. It is not "unclean" I would say but it is just very dated. But that is the attraction of the place - it is very Soviet. Well worth the money and I will be staying again.

• 25th Aug 2014

My 2nd stay on the way back before the return flight. Staff is excellent and its location is somehow ok. Room charge is affordable, less than cost of living in Moscow.

Though not quite competent in English, the host Galina is quite friendly giving useful and plentiful advice on how to get around. It s a fair walk to the place but not too far from the railway station. The only down side is that it s located on the 5th floor without elevator and you can smell kitten's excrement quite strong. And thanks again for understanding and allowing me to take a shower amid hot summer after I had already checked out.

View all Moscow Bed and Breakfasts