Galina's Flat Reviews

Chaplygina Str 8 -35, Moscow, Russia

You get what you pay for basically and is made very clear that this is a flat and not a hostel as such. Was interesting to stay here. The kitchen was not very clean but if you wash everything before you use it then no issues. Galina is very nice and speaks good English. Always helpful. If you don't like cats then definitely do not stay as she has cats and with cats comes the smell of cats.

We are very thankful to Galina because her help was very usefull to find our lost luggage. The hostel is in a good position, close to metro station and about 20 minute walking from the Red Square. It's an interesting experience staying in a russian home. Unfortunately the stairs are terribly smelly

It's a cheap hostel where u can sleep for few hours,and staff is nice.if u don't like cats and its smell,it would be better u don't go this hostel.but it's near city centre.and beds are not to bad,but dirty.

Very nice place, good location and very relaxed.

Galina and Sergey were extremely welcoming and helpful in directions and advice, and transportation from the airport. The flat was v traditional soviet with a separate toilet and washroom. The decor and furnishings were old but clean(ish), unfortunately the main facilities were not hygenic. Only a 20 minute walk from the Red Square, very close to bars and the metro. Worth noting, although no fault of Galinas, the building stairway to the flat is extremely smelly and filthy-we were heaving.

Galina is a very friendly lady who speaks English as well and who is ready to help. I felt very safe in her house. If I go back I'll visit her again.

Galina´s flat is OK, Galina is friendly and helpful. It is an old flat with old furniture, but everything worked well and it was clean. It is a chance to experience how common people of Moscow live. Not for people searching party atmosphere. I would stay again and recommend. Location is very good - only 20min pleasant walk from Red Square. Few minutes walk - several local restaurants, supermarket, big shopping mall in Kurksaya train station. I would stay again and recommend.

I arrived too early. At 5:30 in the morning. The owner, Galina, was so mad and she yelled at me. It was raining and otherwise, I would have stayed out. I couldn't figure out why she was so mad, and she treated me really bad during the whole day. Why?! Because she wanted to ask me for more money, because she opened the door for me. All she wanted was money for an ''early check in''. If not, she wanted me to leave the following day at 6 am (same time I had checked in the previous night). Terrible

Galina's Flat is worth it because of the price and localization. So cheap and very in the center, but the cleaning is totally absent. The wc is separate from the bath but has a window in common, both very dirty so that is better you to don't touch anything. The beds are comfortable for sleep, the house is hot, not noise and the wifi works well. The woman is nice and she gives you keys for you. You can use the kitchen, but it's kind of untidy and messy. In summary it's a good place to save money.

• 18th Oct 2014
  • Spain

There were 3 free cats going around.

If you want to stay in an international, all-party, standard hostel, this is NOT the place to go, because Galina's place is more about intimacy, nice conversations and friendship in a real Moscow apartment where you will feel as visiting a friend or a relative... a Russian one :) Galina is extremely welcoming and nice, and so are her guests (and her cats) . Flat is located in a nice central area. I will definitely stay again here whenever I come back to Moscow. (Ricardo, Colombia)

Free wifi and Galina is a lovely woman. It is not "unclean" I would say but it is just very dated. But that is the attraction of the place - it is very Soviet. Well worth the money and I will be staying again.

• 25th Aug 2014

My 2nd stay on the way back before the return flight. Staff is excellent and its location is somehow ok. Room charge is affordable, less than cost of living in Moscow.

Though not quite competent in English, the host Galina is quite friendly giving useful and plentiful advice on how to get around. It s a fair walk to the place but not too far from the railway station. The only down side is that it s located on the 5th floor without elevator and you can smell kitten's excrement quite strong. And thanks again for understanding and allowing me to take a shower amid hot summer after I had already checked out.

galinas description is very honest. it's just a old flat, in which she rent out two rooms. but the flat is clean, there is wifi, you can use the kitchen. so it's everything there, you need. and galina helps you, when you have a question ir problems. if you want to look in a really russian old flat, galinas flat is a really good chance for a good price!

The accommodations are quite acceptable, but what makes the place special is Galina herself. She goes all out to help you with any problems you may have. The place is well located, in walking distance from Red Square.and quite close to a Metro station

• 30th Jun 2014
  • Couple, 41+

If you need a place to sleep in Moscow at the end of a long and exciting day, this is the place. This is not a hostel but a flat that a woman rents out to tourists. Not the best place to stay during the day but enough just to sleep. Looks a bit like a flat from the 70´s!

I have stayed in hostels throughout Europe and Galina's flat is the best. It's homely, brilliantly located, and Galina is friendly and a great host. I won't consider staying anywhere else next time I'm in Moscow. Would highly recommend. Thomas, Scotland

Once you accept that you will be staying at a kind woman's Soviet-era flat, you'll very much enjoy your stay. This isn't a five-star hotel, but it is perfectly comfortable, very genial, and a great price and location. Also, if you're a cat-lover, her cats are awesome!

It very cheap