Gallery Hostel Porto Reviews

Rua Miguel Bombarda, 222, Porto, Portugal

It was EXCELLENT! I felt cozy in this beautiful hostel. I regret that I had only 1 night at this great hostel. It felt like home. And every staffs were nice and helpful. Free walking tour was also wonderful.

Best. Hostel. Ever !

Wonderful staff and wonderful location, everything about the hostel is just so artistic, I love it!

• 31st Dec 2014
  • Vietnam

We regretted that we were only able to spend one night in this hostel: the staff were wonderful and helpful, the common areas were very cosy, the decorations were beautiful and the room was amazing. This is definitely one of the best hostels we've stayed at so far! Lots of character and right in the middle of the cultural area of Porto.

Best Hostel you can ever experienced! Perfect central location, from where you can walk to any spot in Porto easily; Nice and big room, with a big bed and air conditioner, which gets to be cleaned each day. (It's usually not a 100% sure for living in a hostel); Nice breakfast included; Artistic atmosphere and multi-media facilities are just perfect; Best staff ever. Thank your for the wonderful experience you gave us in Porto!

Amazing stay with a wonderful atmosphere. Super friendly and informative staff and the location is just perfect. Recommended for sure!!!

perfect hostel!!

• 15th Nov 2014
  • South Korea

Best hostel I have ever stayed!!! Completely renovated in an old town house in the art district of Porto. Great facilities with an amazing kitchen. The hostel is run by a family and the "mother" cooks amazing dinner for a fair price. Apéritif, several starters, main dish, desert, degestif and lots of wine. I had a great time and can recommend this hostel to everyone who is looking for a high class hostel and is willing to pay 20 Euro for a bed in a dormitory. Still, absolutely worth the mone.

Amazing hostel. I will definitly be back.

• 4th Nov 2014

the best hostel i ve been! better than many hotels!

• 3rd Nov 2014
  • Portugal

This is a premium hostel which doubles as an art gallery. Highly recommended especially for couples on a romantic holiday. I have mixed feelings about the staff eating with the guests at the paid dinner. It gives it a homely feel but when you go to a restaurant the waiter doesn't come and eat with you, does he? This practice seems to be a Portuguese thing, not unique to Gallery hostel. If you want a party vibe, this is not the hostel for you, it's pretty quiet.

This hostel was beautiful and the facilities were great. We loved the movie room and library, and the hostel dinners (though expensive) were great. We especially loved chatting with all the staff, who were locals. The atmosphere is pretty quiet most of the time, so maybe not the best place to go if you're looking to meet people, but it was a great stay regardless.

Gorgeous hostel, probably one of the best I have ever stayed in. Easy to find, close to the attractions of Porto, staff are very helpful and the hostel serves as a gallery itself! Has all the amenities one desires when backpacking! They take pride in art and artists from Portugal (which is nice to see). Would definitely stay here again!

Brilliant place and location, friendly, helpful and informed staff and a unique environment in the hostel

The best hostel I've ever been to! Clean room and clean bathroom. The staff was very friendly and could help you with your questions. Breakfast was in included and they have a (quiet) bar to relax before you go to sleep. It's not the closest to the subway (although 1 km is not that long of a walk), but in Porto you actually don't need the subway. The hostel is located in a nice neighbourhoud. I've already recommended this hostel to my friends if they ever go to Porto! :-)

• 11th Sep 2014
  • Belgium

Had a great stay at this Hostel. We stayed in a private double with our own ensuite, the room was massive

One of the bests I've stayed in. Willing and friendly staff, excellent atmosphere (amazing ambient sound), great breakfast with fresh fruits and scrambled eggs (besides everything else), wide rooms, and cultural events. I really recommend it!

One of the best hostels I've stayed in!

This is by far the best hostel I stayed at. At first you will easily walk pass this hidden gem. But once you go inside, it is amazing. They have a nice little garden, where you can sit, and relax; a small movie/ activity room where you can relax if you feel like staying in. The staffs are amazingly friendly, the rooms and bathrooms are fantastic. The best part is the dinner, for 12 Euros, you can have a home cooked 3 course meal (starters with tapas, main course, and dessert). Good location

One of the best hostels I have stayed at. I would classify it as a "poshtel". A cross between a hotel and hostel. Cute family & social vibe. Staff are fantastic and really go out of their way for you to enjoy your stay and make you feel welcome. Great to meet people especially over their night meals which are fantastic. They were a bit disorganised with beds e.g. they said bottom bunk wasn't available but clearly it was. But otherwise STAY HERE. they are famous for being the best hostel ever!

• 24th Aug 2014