Gallery Hostel Porto Reviews

Rua Miguel Bombarda, 222, Porto, Portugal

Super chilled hostel with really accommodating staff! It's definitely more chilled out than other hostels but I had the best nights sleep.. It's in a sweet location too (especially if you like art galleries etc). Porto itself is rad. I'll be back! Thanks guys xx kiwi chica

This is one of the nicest hostels I've ever stayed in. It's more like a hotel and the staff go out of their way to make your stay wonderful. The location is great and Porto's art gallery district and the facilities are all in excellent condition as well as very clean. I highly recommend the 10 Euro dinner at the hostel as well as taking the walking tour. Overall an amazing stay.

The hostel is super clean and there is a lot and plenty of space in each room, plus the bathroom per room! The staff is nice and helpful but there is no real hostel atmosphere.. It feels like staying in a hotel as there aren't plenty of activities offered to get to know the other travelers. For the rest I do recommend it:)

Great stay, perfect hostel, lovely Porto!

• 20th Aug 2015
  • Ukraine

Definitely felt like more of a hotel than a hostel. Not the best place to meet people as a solo traveller, but the perfect place to get a really good nights sleep and have a very satisfactory breakfast in the morning (fruit bowl, scrambled eggs, fresh buns, brownies/cake). The hostel itself is really nice - a renovated turn of the century house - filled with natural light and has many places to sit and relax. The rooms are super spacious and have lockers with their own keys.

Absolutely loved The Gallery. So far the best hostel I've stayed in and I've already recommended it to everyone who is going to Porto. Staff - you were wonderful, again the best in my experience. Your induction during check-in is invaluable and I wish more hostels would do this The breakfast - incredible and facilities in general are great. I love the little shelves on the sides of the beds and that there are powerpoints there. Thank you, I did not want to leave!

Cleanest and best facilities of any hostels (and honestly some hotels) I've stayed in. 10 euro dinner is delicious and a great way to meet people to go out with at night. Staff friendly and have lots of recommendations of things to do. Definitely best or second best hostel I've stayed in

great place great people, thanks guys!

Great hostel! Nice location in the art nouveau district of Porto (but keep in mind it's an upward climb from the riverfront, for those with mobility problems). Friendly staff and just a stunningly decorated and thought of hostel. Just one thing - during my stay, the internet on the top floor was wonky. Apparently this was just when I was there, so my roomies and I were a bit unlucky :( Would still stay here next time, though!

Nice welcome from staff, they were very kind, also option to eat dinner in hostel and meet people. Wi-Fi did not work for some reason.

Best hostel ever. Bravo!

Best hostel I've stayed at ! Staff were amazing and very helpful . Beds were so comfortable and clean . Homecooked dinner was amazing definitely would stay here if you are in Porto no question

• 5th Aug 2015

Awesome. definitively going to repeat!

• 4th Aug 2015
  • Spain

Great stay, beautiful and stylish place, lovely food, very nice people!

• 28th Jul 2015

Great stay at Gallery Hostel, I would definitely recommend. Beautiful building with excellent facilities, rooms are super nice and they give you towels. This is not a super social/party hostel however it is still a friendly vibe and met some cool people at the dinner and the walking tour. The dinner is a MUST, so delicious and amazing value. The walking tour was not the best I have done but staff still very friendly and helpful. Would stay here again.

One of her best hostels I've ever stayed in. Felt like I was living in an Art Gallery it was so beautifully decorated. Incredibly friendly and helpful staff

• 28th Jul 2015

This hostel was excellent. I usually am not fond of staying at hostels but entering this hostel felt like I was entering home. Staff was nice and the facilities are wonderful. The bathrooms were so clean, the kitchen was a great space to meet people and the lounge was a great place to chill. I would recommend this to anyone! It is also a great plus that they are also near the center as well :)

Staff were friendly and spent time with us during check in to show us a map of Porto, show us the sights to see, places to eat etc. The hostel is beautifully decorated and clean. Our room was also lovely - best shower! The 10 euro dinner was a fun way to meet other travelers, eat an awesome "home-cooked" meal and relax. Great stay, would definitely return and recommend. The included breakfast was a great way to start the day!

• 25th Jul 2015

I had a fantastic stay at the Gallery Hostel. Beautifully maintained, great staff, wonderfully creative theme, and a fantastic location. I'd definitely stay here again when returning to Porto.

• 21st Jul 2015

The Gallery Hostel is absolutely wonderful in terms of its friendly and knowledge service and off course its interior design. The lines between outdoor and interior space are beautifully blurred in order to create a modern and relaxing ambiance. It must be said that the hostel's quality far exceeds the price you pay. I met the couple that owns the hostel and they were a delight to converse with. Fellow guests in hostel were fascinating people to talk and learn from as well.

• 18th Jul 2015