Gallery Hostel Porto Reviews

Rua Miguel Bombarda, 222, Porto, Portugal

Galleria Hostel is known among other hostel receptionists as the best hostel in Porto. And it sure is. Very lovely hostel, good personnel and great value for money. Big spacious rooms and separate shower and toilet per room, also had a balcony. Offers many entertainment possibilities like movie room, bar area etc... Location wise also great. If I come back to Porto, this is where I would wanna stay and will recommend to other friends.

O hostel é lindo! Os funcionários excelentes, a comida deliciosa! Ótima experiência...

• 12th Jun 2015

I've been traveling for almost one year and I can tell for sure that Gallery Hostel was the best hostel I've ever stayed... Definitely! That's my first time reviewing a hostel and I think it's important to share with other travelers how awesome this place is! Do not hesitate, because I am pretty sure you'll have a great time there, with a very helpful and friendly staff, a comfortable and practical room, a delicious breakfast (the best!) and portonics! Special thanks to Fred, Paulo and André!

• 12th Jun 2015

I really enjoyed my stay at the Gallery Hostel. I liked the decoration of the rooms and the whole hostel. The staff was always there to help and the free walking tour was also great. Thank you very much!

I have stayed at many hostels during my time abroad and this may be the absolute best I have been to. Very comfortable. Nice staff. Clean. Nice community areas. Wonderful dinners available. If you go to Porto, stay here. You won't regret anything about it.

Wow! This is one of the best hostels I've stayed in yet, and I've been in and out of hostels this entire year. Great check in with a staff member who gave us a map and explained more than everything we needed to know, incredible facilities (kitchen, bar area, library, recreation room, smoke room), and beautiful rooms with private bathrooms and balconies. The hostel breakfast was one of the best hostel breakfasts, also. Definitely book this place to stay!

Happy 4th anniversary! We really enjoyed our stay! Great place, friendly staff, comfortable room. Fred almost explained the whole Porto to us. The hostel itself smells amazing and is like an art gallery itself. Love the common room too much! A pity all the movies are in Portuguese. The room is the biggest dorm I've ever stayed at. They also give you a throw and clean towels. Love the free breakfast too! Wifi doesn't work very well from our room tho. Nonetheless, enjoyed the stay!

Probably the nicest hostel I've ever stayed at. Excellent rooms and huge bar/common areas. Rooftop terrace, smoking lounge, and tv/music room with all football matches on and guitars for you to play. Every night there is an affordable 3 course traditional portuguese meal with wine included. The staff is truly excellent and friendly. Most of them join for dinner every night and will befriend you easily.

The hostel is in a nice neighborhood in Porto with gallerys and street art. It takes about 10 - 15min to the metro stations around. The staff was very friendly. The breakfast was nice. The room was hugh and had nice decor and plastering. It was nice to have 2 toilets and two showers in the room, for only six people.

Loved the place onlt we're guessing the cook is missing? Stayed for dinner twice (once on sunday aka BBQ night and once "Portugese") but both times was home-delivered fries and ribs.

Would recommend for travelers that enjoy art, or those looking for a different type of hostel. The staff were awesome and super helpful. I had trouble getting back to Spain and they assisted and made the relevant calls, thank you! Wifi is weak in the bedrooms, but beds are comfortable and the rooms/bathrooms are clean! Dinners were good and Porto is a must... Thank you for an awesome experience.

Great stay! great staff, great food that they offer at night. It was just amazing. I absolutely loved it.

BEST HOSTEL EVER!!! They pay attention to detail unlike some hostels. Each bed has an outlet to charge your phone. The bathrooms have a separate room for the toilet, a separate room for the shower, and a separate room with two sinks so technically 4 people can be in the bathroom at one time getting ready. The showers have two separate shower heads, one directly above you and another that you can hold in your hand. The beds are amazingly comfortable and the sheets/blanket are high quality...

This is the best hostel I have ever lived. Nice staffs, clean room, and perfect breakfast! The atmosphere surround is totally relax and calm. I highly recommend this hostel!

this is the BEST hostel in Porto and even the best place to stay! I loved everything about this hostel, the people, the location, the decoration, the ambience, the food. Staff is extremely helpful and friendly, they try to make your stay as great and comfortable as possible. You can meet amazing people here. Breakfast is more than anyone can ask for, dinner is a friendly get together with delicious meals and wine.

• 27th Apr 2015
  • Hungary

This is the best hostel in Porto! The overall presentation is stunning, both beautiful and clean, and the art throughout the building is creative and fun. The included breakfast is substantial. The staff, though, are just fantastic! Maria, Fred, and everyone else are helpful and friendly. Upon check-in, they give you a wonderful overview of the city with map directions and restaurant reservations. Be sure to take advantage of the free walking tour to get wonderful insight into the city.

The free walking tours, the breakfast and the everyday dinners are a plus point! Very good ideas.

• 14th Apr 2015
  • Belgium

I had a great stay. Very friendly and helpful staff and very nice facilities. Nice breakfast

Very nice hostel and a really nice street to stay on. Bedroom was spacious and clean. Nice people working there.

Very friendly and helpful staff, spacious rooms, great design of common space (kitchen, bar) and by far the best breakfast I've ever had in a hostely.