Gallery Hostel Porto Reviews

Rua Miguel Bombarda, 222, Porto, Portugal

Such a beautiful and comfortable place and everyone is so nice! A big thank you to all the staff! Joëlle from Brussels!

Amazing hostel with an amazing staff. Great breakfast. Nice rooms (a little bit cold though - in February) and very clean. Nice bar and study room. Thank you a lot for the wonderful stay!!

Great location in the centre of Porto. The staff are wonderful and provide you with lots of information about the area, food and whatever else you need. Breakfast included was a great bonus! Wish I had more than 1 night here.

Super hostel. The breakfast and dinners here are amazing. And the staff are wonderful. Highly recommend.

Clean, new, nice on the eyes, good food, great atmosphere, great location, friendly staff. Stayed in a nice 4-bed dorm that had not only its own (very clean!) bathroom, but also a really cool balcony overlooking the city. Definitely one of the best Hostels I've ever stayed! Would recommend to anyone!

• 30th Jan 2015

We were there during off season so we stayed in a 6 bed dorm just the two of us except one night there was one other guest in the room. When I spoke to the guest he was shocked that my boyfriend and I spoke English (We're Spanish and American). He said that the staff had told him that we were two Italians that couldn't spoke poor English. I felt kind of insulted that they couldn't keep track of the guests in the rooms or maybe he was just insulting my ability to speak my own language.

• 22nd Jan 2015

It was EXCELLENT! I felt cozy in this beautiful hostel. I regret that I had only 1 night at this great hostel. It felt like home. And every staffs were nice and helpful. Free walking tour was also wonderful.

Best. Hostel. Ever !

Wonderful staff and wonderful location, everything about the hostel is just so artistic, I love it!

• 31st Dec 2014
  • Vietnam

We regretted that we were only able to spend one night in this hostel: the staff were wonderful and helpful, the common areas were very cosy, the decorations were beautiful and the room was amazing. This is definitely one of the best hostels we've stayed at so far! Lots of character and right in the middle of the cultural area of Porto.

Best Hostel you can ever experienced! Perfect central location, from where you can walk to any spot in Porto easily; Nice and big room, with a big bed and air conditioner, which gets to be cleaned each day. (It's usually not a 100% sure for living in a hostel); Nice breakfast included; Artistic atmosphere and multi-media facilities are just perfect; Best staff ever. Thank your for the wonderful experience you gave us in Porto!

Amazing stay with a wonderful atmosphere. Super friendly and informative staff and the location is just perfect. Recommended for sure!!!

perfect hostel!!

• 15th Nov 2014
  • South Korea

Best hostel I have ever stayed!!! Completely renovated in an old town house in the art district of Porto. Great facilities with an amazing kitchen. The hostel is run by a family and the "mother" cooks amazing dinner for a fair price. Apéritif, several starters, main dish, desert, degestif and lots of wine. I had a great time and can recommend this hostel to everyone who is looking for a high class hostel and is willing to pay 20 Euro for a bed in a dormitory. Still, absolutely worth the mone.

Amazing hostel. I will definitly be back.

• 4th Nov 2014

the best hostel i ve been! better than many hotels!

• 3rd Nov 2014
  • Portugal

This is a premium hostel which doubles as an art gallery. Highly recommended especially for couples on a romantic holiday. I have mixed feelings about the staff eating with the guests at the paid dinner. It gives it a homely feel but when you go to a restaurant the waiter doesn't come and eat with you, does he? This practice seems to be a Portuguese thing, not unique to Gallery hostel. If you want a party vibe, this is not the hostel for you, it's pretty quiet.

This hostel was beautiful and the facilities were great. We loved the movie room and library, and the hostel dinners (though expensive) were great. We especially loved chatting with all the staff, who were locals. The atmosphere is pretty quiet most of the time, so maybe not the best place to go if you're looking to meet people, but it was a great stay regardless.

Gorgeous hostel, probably one of the best I have ever stayed in. Easy to find, close to the attractions of Porto, staff are very helpful and the hostel serves as a gallery itself! Has all the amenities one desires when backpacking! They take pride in art and artists from Portugal (which is nice to see). Would definitely stay here again!

Brilliant place and location, friendly, helpful and informed staff and a unique environment in the hostel