Gallery Hostel Porto Reviews

Rua Miguel Bombarda, 222, Porto, Portugal

It was a great experience, I will book the same hostel if I come back Oporto

Everything was excellent.. One of the best hostel I have been

Amazing amazing hostel! Cannot recommend enough!!

Besides being one of the most beautiful hostels I ever stayed in, Gallery Hostel staff is the friendliest. They went out of their way to make sure our stay is comfortable and relaxing. They gave great recommendations for things to do in Porto and around. The hostel rooms are spacious, clean and beautiful. It got amazing areas to relax, cinema room, computer room and a great dinning room. It has a very relaxing chilled atmosphere. I loved it and will be back. I loved my stay! Thank you, Aseel.

I planned to stay at Gallery Hostel for one night, but ended at two. After some bad experiences at Spain, Porto hostel was a positive surprise. Quite, clean, perfect location, great staff and very friendly people. You can feel more like at home instead hostel and with it great location close to the main attractions it makes Gallery Hostel a great choice when planning to stay at Porto.

• 20th Sep 2015
  • Poland

It would be great if there was a sign asking guests to be respectful of other guests (perhaps asking them to pack the night before if they are leaving early the next day), etc.

We loved Gallery Hostel Porto - good location, charming staff, and excellent accommodation. The in house dinner was delicious & a great way to meet people - we will be back!

• 18th Sep 2015
  • Couple, 41+

I really appreciate and enjoy the time at the hostel and being with the people there.

• 6th Sep 2015
  • China

Gallery Home is a mix of a hotel and a hostel where you get the benefits of both: rooms are fancy and private, but you can also use all the hostel facilities if you want to use a kitchen or socialize. Much better value than getting a hotel room of the same price and perfect for couples.

This hostel was amazing and made my stay in Porto very special. Great walking tour of the city and advice on places to eat and visit. The staff were so friendly and welcoming, they made Gallery Hostel feel like a home away from home. Clean rooms and facilities, good location, great atmosphere and nice place for socialising whether you're a solo traveller or in a group. I will be back!!

HIGHLY RECOMMEND!! Room was beautiful. Staff were excellent. They provide excellent insights to the city and their own maps that highlight great restaurants and bars away from the big tourist places. Location is perfect, walking distance to all the sights. Walking tour run by the hostel was reallly fun and informative (and free!). Breakfast provided was great.

Gallery Home was beautiful and in a great location. Jasmin was fantastic and spent time to show us around and tell us all about Porto. The new rooms are all painted by local artists making each room unique. Definitely worth a stay!

• 1st Sep 2015

Wonderful place, really friendly staff, useful information!! One of the best hostel that I have been. For sure I ll go again!!

Best Hostel I ever stayed in. Full Breakfast on a long table, so you must be sociopathic to not meet people there, Free Walking tour every day, excellent Dinner for 10 Euro, modern rooms, bar, TV, games room and bikes to rent. And cool staff as well :) Everything located in a renovated ancient building. Try their PortoTonic Happy Hour! ;) Only one dislike for the 900m walk from Trindade Metro Station, but (if you don't like walking) Taxis are also not too expensive in Porto.

Super chilled hostel with really accommodating staff! It's definitely more chilled out than other hostels but I had the best nights sleep.. It's in a sweet location too (especially if you like art galleries etc). Porto itself is rad. I'll be back! Thanks guys xx kiwi chica

Gallery Hostel is the best of the best. It's quite at night. Staff members are all friendly, nice and helpful. Breakfast is fantastic. Dinner is awesome. It's not right in the center, but I liked it better since it's not noisy at all. It's great to drink at the bar inside of the hostel. Rooms are spacious, clean and beds are comfortable. I stayed at this hostel in 2014 and again in 2015. I'll definetely go to Gallery Hostel again. Please be there forever, Gallery Hostel!!

This is one of the nicest hostels I've ever stayed in. It's more like a hotel and the staff go out of their way to make your stay wonderful. The location is great and Porto's art gallery district and the facilities are all in excellent condition as well as very clean. I highly recommend the 10 Euro dinner at the hostel as well as taking the walking tour. Overall an amazing stay.

The hostel is super clean and there is a lot and plenty of space in each room, plus the bathroom per room! The staff is nice and helpful but there is no real hostel atmosphere.. It feels like staying in a hotel as there aren't plenty of activities offered to get to know the other travelers. For the rest I do recommend it:)

Dear Bernice, Thank you very much for your feedback. We hope you've tried our homemade dinners that are quiet popular and it's a way of meeting other travelers :) If not, maybe next time. Kind Regards, Inês Rodrigues

Great stay, perfect hostel, lovely Porto!

• 20th Aug 2015
  • Ukraine

Definitely felt like more of a hotel than a hostel. Not the best place to meet people as a solo traveller, but the perfect place to get a really good nights sleep and have a very satisfactory breakfast in the morning (fruit bowl, scrambled eggs, fresh buns, brownies/cake). The hostel itself is really nice - a renovated turn of the century house - filled with natural light and has many places to sit and relax. The rooms are super spacious and have lockers with their own keys.