Gallery Hostel Porto Reviews

Rua Miguel Bombarda, 222, Porto, Portugal

The Gallery Hostel is absolutely wonderful in terms of its friendly and knowledge service and off course its interior design. The lines between outdoor and interior space are beautifully blurred in order to create a modern and relaxing ambiance. It must be said that the hostel's quality far exceeds the price you pay. I met the couple that owns the hostel and they were a delight to converse with. Fellow guests in hostel were fascinating people to talk and learn from as well.

• 18th Jul 2015

Great facilities and cool hostel. Had the comfort of a private room and it was something I'd have expected in a hotel not a hostel! Helpful and friendly staff- thanks so much.

This is definitely one of the best hostels I've ever stayed at. Everything is super clean, the staff is extremely friendly and helpful, and the facilities themselves are gorgeous. I would absolutely recommend staying here

BEST HOSTEL EVER!!! Excellent location, Amazing decoration, Extremely friendly staff, SUPER cosy bed and bedroom PLUS every room has an ensuite bathroom!!! So you don't have to fight it with 20 over people. AND the hostel is REALLY clean!! It actually feels more like a hotel than a hostel because of its professionalism! The staff were SUPER friendly and SUPER professional too! DEFINITELY recommend anyone to stay there!! You will NOT regret it! Plus point for the theme of the hostel!

Very nice hostel, with superfriendly staff

This is a really nice boutique hostel. Everything seems fresh and new. The location is very good as well, being surrounded by galleries and lots of great restaurants. It is a fairly quiet hostel, good for relaxing. Better than average free breakfast in the morning, and as an added bonus, the staff do your (breakfast) dishes, and make your bed everyday.

Excellent and attentive staff. Gave me a thorough introduction to the city the first day I've arrived. Very clean and offered my soup when I was sick. One of the best hostels I've stayed in. Room for improvement: the walking tour. My guide was not very knowledgeable about the city at all.

Great clean hostel with everything you could need and the most halpful staff ever!!! Location is good with most attractions in walking distance. Would 100% stay again

Galleria Hostel is known among other hostel receptionists as the best hostel in Porto. And it sure is. Very lovely hostel, good personnel and great value for money. Big spacious rooms and separate shower and toilet per room, also had a balcony. Offers many entertainment possibilities like movie room, bar area etc... Location wise also great. If I come back to Porto, this is where I would wanna stay and will recommend to other friends.

Nice and lovelly staff. Excellent breakfast, good location, and a clean lovelly hostel.

O hostel é lindo! Os funcionários excelentes, a comida deliciosa! Ótima experiência...

• 12th Jun 2015

I've been traveling for almost one year and I can tell for sure that Gallery Hostel was the best hostel I've ever stayed... Definitely! That's my first time reviewing a hostel and I think it's important to share with other travelers how awesome this place is! Do not hesitate, because I am pretty sure you'll have a great time there, with a very helpful and friendly staff, a comfortable and practical room, a delicious breakfast (the best!) and portonics! Special thanks to Fred, Paulo and André!

• 12th Jun 2015

Awesome hostel with great staff!! Definitely stay here!

I really enjoyed my stay at the Gallery Hostel. I liked the decoration of the rooms and the whole hostel. The staff was always there to help and the free walking tour was also great. Thank you very much!

I have stayed at many hostels during my time abroad and this may be the absolute best I have been to. Very comfortable. Nice staff. Clean. Nice community areas. Wonderful dinners available. If you go to Porto, stay here. You won't regret anything about it.

Wow! This is one of the best hostels I've stayed in yet, and I've been in and out of hostels this entire year. Great check in with a staff member who gave us a map and explained more than everything we needed to know, incredible facilities (kitchen, bar area, library, recreation room, smoke room), and beautiful rooms with private bathrooms and balconies. The hostel breakfast was one of the best hostel breakfasts, also. Definitely book this place to stay!

Happy 4th anniversary! We really enjoyed our stay! Great place, friendly staff, comfortable room. Fred almost explained the whole Porto to us. The hostel itself smells amazing and is like an art gallery itself. Love the common room too much! A pity all the movies are in Portuguese. The room is the biggest dorm I've ever stayed at. They also give you a throw and clean towels. Love the free breakfast too! Wifi doesn't work very well from our room tho. Nonetheless, enjoyed the stay!

Probably the nicest hostel I've ever stayed at. Excellent rooms and huge bar/common areas. Rooftop terrace, smoking lounge, and tv/music room with all football matches on and guitars for you to play. Every night there is an affordable 3 course traditional portuguese meal with wine included. The staff is truly excellent and friendly. Most of them join for dinner every night and will befriend you easily.

The hostel is in a nice neighborhood in Porto with gallerys and street art. It takes about 10 - 15min to the metro stations around. The staff was very friendly. The breakfast was nice. The room was hugh and had nice decor and plastering. It was nice to have 2 toilets and two showers in the room, for only six people.

Loved the place onlt we're guessing the cook is missing? Stayed for dinner twice (once on sunday aka BBQ night and once "Portugese") but both times was home-delivered fries and ribs.