Gallery Hyde Park Reviews

23 Inverness Terrace, London, England

We liked the hostel very much ! Perfect situated, quiet, friendly staff. Maybe some cheese would be nice with the breakfast ?(but I´m Norwegian)

• 24th Aug 2014
  • Norway

For a hostel in the UK it's actually a great hostel. My biggest complaint is that it's very hard to meet other travellers as there isn't any big group activities where you can meet people. However the location is amazing!

Free basic breakfast with good kitchen facilities. Amazing considering London is too expensive to be eating out all the time! VERY CLEAN place to stay, fresh and great location. Staff are awesome. Bathrooms smell a bit like sewer but I'm pretty sure that is common in big cities. Would definitely stay here again :)

I love you guys! Thanks for an awesome week in London. I miss you already.

• 10th Aug 2014

This hostel was clean, safe and central to absolutely everything in London! The closest tube station is about 50 meters away as are supermarkets, and Hyde park. The city main attractions can all be accessed by the tube, or like we did, via walking which only took us 20 minutes. The staff at the hostel are friendly and after staying there for a week became like family. The hostel offers nights out although I think they would benefit from having these more structured and not planned last minute.

Good hostel in great location. Room was quite small (barely any space to get in around the beds) and the bathroom even smalller, but you get what you pay for. Breakfast was a nice bonus.

• 9th Aug 2014

If you are in London stay here its awesome! Beautiful white old mansion, clean rooms, completely lovely staff, right near the park and portobello rd markets, delicious free breakfast, and a cool kitchen and common areas with fake Banksy artwork!

The staff were friendly. The hostel is located a block off from a vibrant restaurant district and a block from Hyde Park. Easy access by bus lines and underground. Visitors were hanging out in the lounge watching movies, shooting billiards, and playing cards. Cool place. It could upgrade its bathroom/shower on the first floor. But it was clean and worked fine.

I had no issues with my stay. Staff were nice, other women in my dorm were nice and hostel is nice and close to Hyde Park and Underground which is great.

Amazing location , huge kitchen, friendly staff. Beds were very shaky but still comfortable, not enough bathrooms and they were not so clean but bearable.

We had really amazing stay there, people from staff were so kind and helped us a lot. The location is also very good. The only thing that we didn't like was that doors to the bathroom were broken and it was impossible to close them so you got no privacy while having a shower. We solved it with hanging a towel on the door but still it would be useful if they repair it. But everything else was just great! :)

• 26th Jul 2014
  • Czech Republic

Staff were wonderful, very friendly and helpful, atmosphere was good. Had a good pub crawl available, that unfortunately we couldn't get to. The door in our room to the bathroom was broken however, so made it difficult to shower and have privacy, the public toilet seat in the hostel was not there, the other toilet/shower facility was not working and the final shower to shower in was not as clean and the drain was blocked in the shower.

• 26th Jul 2014

Bathrooms are extremely small and ventilation is far away from enough. Bunk beds are really noisy but mattresses are comfortable. The most careful stuff I have ever seen was working here. Breakfast is over average. Rooms are under level and there are two rooms in basement. Shower facility of one of these rooms is broken. Kitchen is also in basement so whenever someone cooks something everywhere smells bad. You can use adapters, locks ect. with deposit so you do not have to buy them.

Excellent location., you can easily go anywhere from there. The staff is wonderful helping to buy tickets and even making flight check-ins. The breakfast is simple, but delicious. My complain is about the price. Since we wanted a ensuite double bed room, we paid almost a price of regular Hotel (days later we got a sale in a good hotel in the neighborhood for the same price). Additionally, there was no chanhe of bed sheets or anyroom cleanness during the 6 nights..

• 22nd Jul 2014

Good location, but no lockers to store valuables in room (lady at the desk said they usually store them in lockers at reception but they ran out and the lockers were all taken) so had to leave them un secured in my room. Other than that no complaints :)

Great location and staff!.. Great experience! Pity about girls that we shared with bringing back people to the hostel room but otherwise an enjoyable trip :)

Front door had electric lock though looked as though it could be (and had been previously) kicked in, room mates left bedroom door cracked open though I woke up with all my belongings, good location right next to Hyde Park, staff were amazing, bathrooms cleaned daily though not enough bathrooms to share, decent price. Would stay again.

great staff working reception, very helpful and nice!

• 15th Jul 2014

the water pressure of my shower was extremely poor, however to wash my hair I simply went to a downstairs communal one instead which was amazing. The staff were very apologetic when I was checking out and assured me it would be fixed asap. lots of stairs, lockers only at reception.

Great location but hot stuffy, small rooms

• 12th Jul 2014