Gallery Hyde Park Reviews

23 Inverness Terrace, London, England

The best hostel in London hands down! Dia, Anna and Miss Garcia are doing an amazing job :) miss you all

• 27th Oct 2014
  • New Zealand

Would reccomend to anyone. Fantastic location, some of the best staff I have met in a hostel, good breakfast and always helpful when asked (so don't hesitate). Have been multiple times and will continue to go back everytime I go to London.

I was staying in London by myself for 6 days and I am glad to have chosen this hostel. The staff were extremely friendly and the atmosphere was very inviting. I walked to all the major attractions from the hostel. The reception area was a comfy cool place to relax and have a chat with other travellers and it was nice to have tea and coffee available. My room, a six-bed mixed dorm, was somewhat stuffy and the bathroom was musty but still cleaned daily. Hot showers too so all in all a good choice.

• 23rd Oct 2014

had a very good experience, loved the building and the atmosphere. bathrooms could be nicer but all in all I would recommend it!

For tourist attractions everything is about 20 minutes away on public transportation which is very nice but there is minimal nightlife around the hostel. The hostel itself was staffed well and the rooms were also nice. The bathrooms needs some renovations

Staff were like family! Such a chill spot. Definitely recommend to others!

Unfortunately, I have kind of bad experience with the hostel. I booked the hostel via Hostelworld.com and looked up the information about hostel, but I overlooked the information about the age limit. When I got in the hostel / 11:15 P.M./ and wanted to check in, the receptionist told me, she clould not check me in. She appologized but could not do any exception for one night. I had to leave the hostel and look for another accommodation and that was quite problematic in the middle of the night.

All three of us woke up with new bug bites every morning. Most of the doors in the hostel, particularly the front door, swing back to close or need to be closed firmly. This leads to slamming doors heard all through the morning and night. Our room was on the main floor, so it was quite an annoyance. Bath mats would be a great addition to the bathrooms so that they aren't constantly wet.

• 20th Oct 2014

only complaint is the very loud annoying people late into the evening when there is a sign that says quite time after 11:00 pm! the receptionist wasn't even inforceing the rules she was joined in with the loud people who were drinking in the common room! although the morning reception lady was amazing and extremely helpful and caring :) and if staying here hope you like lots and lots of stairs.

There was visible water damage to ceiling of my dorm room, which didn't inspire confidence! The bunk beds were very poor quality, with no side bars for safety, and no plug sockets or lights provided for the top bunks (NB. this is often provided in other hostels). The en-suite bathroom door didn't close or lock properly. Overall, the impression was that the owners/managers had spent the absolute minimum of money and effort.

• 20th Oct 2014

Was this a bad hostel? No. Would I stay here again? No. There was barely any wifi in any of the rooms. The connection only worked in the lobby so it kinda killed any potential social vibe. The water pressure was non-existent for the 8 bed female dorm and there was a broken shower knob and no toilet seat. But it was clean. And the location is great for museums and Hyde Park. Everything else you have to use the bus and metro stations which are near. Free breakfast includes cereal and toast.

There were a few things missing in the bathrooms, such as a toilet seat. But otherwise a very recommendable hostel with nice staff and clean rooms, not to mention the beautiful house with the chandeliers and thick carpets. And breakfast is included as well!

Great environment. Nice main room. Perfect breakfast. Maybe the main entrance security could be improved. The bedroom was good and helping people with luggage up the stairs was cool! Not sure how the ensuite shower cleanness can be maintained at an ok standard with so many peeps using it.. But that's part of the experience..

Right near the hyde park. Some strange people are always sitting near the entrance, smoking weed. Staff is helpful, rooms are clean, like really clean. There is a pub and a supermarket in a walking distance

Not so great: stairs (but no problem for young & able-bodied people), creaky bunkbeds, tiny bathrooms, lousy water pressure in the shower Okay: breakfast, cleanliness Good: location, friendliness of the staff, luggage storage room Nothing got stolen, we didn't bring bed bugs with us and we enjoyed our stay, so I wouldn't tell anybody NOT to come here. I felt that the hostel was nothing special but our roommate told us that she'd been to many hostels in London and this was definitely the best.

Hostel was near to 2 underground line. Very accessible and convenient to travel via the underground to various parts of London. Would recommend this for d convenience of underground it has. However there's no lift in this hostel. But great place overall.

• 7th Oct 2014
  • Singapore

Staff and location are good but that's about it. It's dirty and the rooms stink. Our bathroom shower was broken and nothing was done to try and help. We just had to share with the other 8 bed dorm. It's London, so everything is expensive, but this really doesn't equate to value for money.

Get place to stay. Loved the breakfast! And the staff were lovely and happy to help with absolutely anything!! Defiantly do the free walking tour they recommend. The decor was pretty with the beautiful stair case and lights and stickers. I would defiantly stay again

had a great time. inexpensive and did the job.

• 1st Oct 2014

I would recommend this hostel to anyone travelling to London, its in great location and easy to reach. The continental breakfast were above expectations and the free internet is a massive bonus to anyone travelling around. The rooms are clean the cover on the douvet was changed after each person which was great not like other hostels. Thank you for a great stay. However, the people on the street are a little intimidating so I don't recommend people walk around by themselves.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7