Gallery Hyde Park Reviews

23 Inverness Terrace, London, England

Excellent all round!

A very nice hostel, in the center of London! The staff is very kind and polite. I'll be back on my next trip See you soon Giampietro

• 12th Sep 2014

When I booked on your site for this hostel, I did not see any mention that it was exclusively a youth hostel reserved for people under 35. My deposit was taken and there were no questions about my age. When I arrived at the hostel, they refused to check me in because I am over 35. I had to find another hostel at the last minute in the late afternoon!!! I could only find one with a mixed-dorm room available, which would never have been my first choice.

The atmosphere was great, the location is perfect and the staff is incredibly nice and helpful. The rooms were good and the free breakfast was always a good start to the day. There are no lifts, so be prepared to carry your stuff, just see it as an exercise ;) I really enjoyed my stay here and I would stay here again.

• 8th Sep 2014

One of the best hostel I've stayed. Great staff very helpful, I needed to get to Luton airport and they gave me very good information, I could print a ticket for the bus, no trouble at all. Location is great!

Prepare to sweat when having breakfast in the basement.

• 4th Sep 2014

Great location, clean, quiet, friendly staff. Could use a few more toilets and curtains in the front room, but otherwise good.

• 4th Sep 2014

Great place, would recommend to anyone staying in london. Good breakfast, friendly staff, free left luggage, big dorm rooms, absurdly close to hyde park for the price

Great location and good value for money in London. We stayed on the top floor - a decent schlep up many flights of stairs - but this can be the case in most older London buildings. Our 6-bed room was quite small and the bunks creaked and groaned, however, this hostel has a great vibe and even better staff. They are all very friendly, helpful and welcoming. You are also unbelievably close to both Queensway and Bayswater tube stations. Recommended as a good option if you're on a budget.

• 26th Aug 2014

We liked the hostel very much ! Perfect situated, quiet, friendly staff. Maybe some cheese would be nice with the breakfast ?(but I´m Norwegian)

• 24th Aug 2014
  • Norway

Excellent location (just 3 min from Bayswater tube station), close to restaurants, pubs, supermarkets... Friendly staff, clean.. Bedrooms without lockers.

Good location, very nice helpful reception, nice building/atmosphere. The only thing that is really not cool is the instability of the bed-bunks, really instable and cracky, however matrasses are comforable. Shared Bathroom facilities are as well not outstanding. Overall this is good for budget travelling accommodation in London.

• 23rd Aug 2014

My matress had some screwed up springs and I wish they had individual lockers for luggage but other than that it's a great place! Staff was super friendly and helpful, they have Guitar Hero and some other games in the common area and my dorms bathroom even had a tub! It looks really fancy both from the outside and inside (although it could used some work on the walls). Amount of sockets was fine but there isn't one for every bed. Amazing location and nice price for a place in central london.

For a hostel in the UK it's actually a great hostel. My biggest complaint is that it's very hard to meet other travellers as there isn't any big group activities where you can meet people. However the location is amazing!

Free basic breakfast with good kitchen facilities. Amazing considering London is too expensive to be eating out all the time! VERY CLEAN place to stay, fresh and great location. Staff are awesome. Bathrooms smell a bit like sewer but I'm pretty sure that is common in big cities. Would definitely stay here again :)

Really well situated, nice and friendly staff, basic breakfast included, little kitchen you can use to cook, clean rooms. For a cheap hostel, it's a great one!

• 13th Aug 2014
  • Switzerland

I love you guys! Thanks for an awesome week in London. I miss you already.

• 10th Aug 2014

This hostel was clean, safe and central to absolutely everything in London! The closest tube station is about 50 meters away as are supermarkets, and Hyde park. The city main attractions can all be accessed by the tube, or like we did, via walking which only took us 20 minutes. The staff at the hostel are friendly and after staying there for a week became like family. The hostel offers nights out although I think they would benefit from having these more structured and not planned last minute.

Good hostel in great location. Room was quite small (barely any space to get in around the beds) and the bathroom even smalller, but you get what you pay for. Breakfast was a nice bonus.

• 9th Aug 2014

It was definitely woth the money. Staff was nice, and the location made the experience of London so much better. The negative thing about our stay was first that we had to change rooms the first evening due to some stench that arrived from a pipe in the toilet. And sometimes it was a bit too noisy at night. Everything else was OK; food was as expected (very simple and fine in general), the internet access was good, the beds were nice and the experience altogether was good.

• 6th Aug 2014