Gallery Hyde Park Reviews

23 Inverness Terrace, London, England

There was visible water damage to ceiling of my dorm room, which didn't inspire confidence! The bunk beds were very poor quality, with no side bars for safety, and no plug sockets or lights provided for the top bunks (NB. this is often provided in other hostels). The en-suite bathroom door didn't close or lock properly. Overall, the impression was that the owners/managers had spent the absolute minimum of money and effort.

• 20th Oct 2014

There were a few things missing in the bathrooms, such as a toilet seat. But otherwise a very recommendable hostel with nice staff and clean rooms, not to mention the beautiful house with the chandeliers and thick carpets. And breakfast is included as well!

Great environment. Nice main room. Perfect breakfast. Maybe the main entrance security could be improved. The bedroom was good and helping people with luggage up the stairs was cool! Not sure how the ensuite shower cleanness can be maintained at an ok standard with so many peeps using it.. But that's part of the experience..

Right near the hyde park. Some strange people are always sitting near the entrance, smoking weed. Staff is helpful, rooms are clean, like really clean. There is a pub and a supermarket in a walking distance

Not so great: stairs (but no problem for young & able-bodied people), creaky bunkbeds, tiny bathrooms, lousy water pressure in the shower Okay: breakfast, cleanliness Good: location, friendliness of the staff, luggage storage room Nothing got stolen, we didn't bring bed bugs with us and we enjoyed our stay, so I wouldn't tell anybody NOT to come here. I felt that the hostel was nothing special but our roommate told us that she'd been to many hostels in London and this was definitely the best.

Hostel was near to 2 underground line. Very accessible and convenient to travel via the underground to various parts of London. Would recommend this for d convenience of underground it has. However there's no lift in this hostel. But great place overall.

• 7th Oct 2014
  • Singapore

Staff and location are good but that's about it. It's dirty and the rooms stink. Our bathroom shower was broken and nothing was done to try and help. We just had to share with the other 8 bed dorm. It's London, so everything is expensive, but this really doesn't equate to value for money.

Get place to stay. Loved the breakfast! And the staff were lovely and happy to help with absolutely anything!! Defiantly do the free walking tour they recommend. The decor was pretty with the beautiful stair case and lights and stickers. I would defiantly stay again

had a great time. inexpensive and did the job.

• 1st Oct 2014

I would recommend this hostel to anyone travelling to London, its in great location and easy to reach. The continental breakfast were above expectations and the free internet is a massive bonus to anyone travelling around. The rooms are clean the cover on the douvet was changed after each person which was great not like other hostels. Thank you for a great stay. However, the people on the street are a little intimidating so I don't recommend people walk around by themselves.

Very central hostel, nice building. There was no ventilation in the room and this is a huge problem. When I entered the room the smell was really bad. I understand that the room I stayed in was in the basement and for security reasons we cannot open the window. However, I could barely open the upper part of the window (the only movable part of the window). You cannot host 10 people in a room without providing them with oxygen and fresh air. I do not also like the use of air fresheners.

This hostel was very disappointing. Our room was at street level and we didn't sleep a wink plus there was construction outside at 8am. A few other notes: rooms completely run down, paint chips/mold old springy beds, smelly carpet, leaking toilet and cold showers. Kitchen is barely functional it's so small really hard to cook. Top levels have narrow stairs good luck with luggage. Would not recommend this hostel to anyone unless you are out of options (like we were).

I enjoyed that it's a smaller hostel: not overcrowded and you could actually sleep (of course depends on your roommates). Staff is really friendly, helpful and interested in how the could do even better. There are lockers for valuables for free, though I'd appreciate cagelockers for small/medium size luggage under the beds as I know it from other hostels. Nothing happened to my stuff but you'll never know. As well sth. savoury for breakfast would be nice, but range of jam and cereals is wide.

• 22nd Sep 2014

nice kitchen! friendly staff. =================== rats, cold at night, some days at night no hot water.

Very good place and in total - very good value for money. The only thing which could be improved, are better storage facilities - namely the lockers could be bigger.

• 21st Sep 2014
  • Poland

Reviews always reflect people's expectations. If you're used to hotels with 3 stars and above you might not like it, but if you just want a comfortable and clean! place to be for a couple of nights and you're not picky when it comes to a cold shower (just bad luck, the boiler broke that night) or a few stains on the mattress (which is covered with clean sheets anyway) it's right for you. Breakfast was very good, too (normal english, not full or continental ->expectations). Staff was very nice.

• 20th Sep 2014

only spent two nights there for the weekend but it was the best hostel in london that i stayed in so far, clean room and bathroom, basic free breakfast and 24hr reception in a great location - nothing more you can want for a short trip to london.

• 19th Sep 2014

very nice lounge, staff were helpful

A few issues here, mainly the hot water didn't work most of the time I stayed. Cleanliness could have been better, the floors in my room hadn't been vacuumed in a while. Plus the presence of a cockroach was also not particularly appealing. The bathroom tile were also cracked and in very poor condition. The positives - very good location - clean sheets and comfortable beds

• 16th Sep 2014

Well, I arrived in the night, but still...they made me pay £3 more than the internet said without explanation and when I wanted a shower, it was full of water and the shower was cold. But staff was cool and the breakfast nice and the location is easy to find. They have the type of beds where you feel every movement of the other person below or above you.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6