Gallery Hyde Park Reviews

23 Inverness Terrace, London, England

Great location, friendly staff

Fantastic location, short walk to underground and fast food, pubs and restaurants, or a bit of a longer walk to most tourist attractions throughout London. Friendly, helpful staff with a fantastic atmosphere and always something to do! As a single female traveller I always felt safe and secure and would've been happy to ask for help if I needed it. If I'm ever in London again I will choose the Gallery Hyde Park, they gave me an awesome experience for a very reasonable cost. Highly recommended!

Such an awesome place! The staff are great, it has a really friendly atmosphere and is in an amazing location near 2 tube stops and good bus access. Good prices and the included breakfast is pretty solid too! Loved it so much I stayed for a month straight. It has it's flaws - no bag storage in rooms (but small free lockers available for valuables), a few borken things here and there, but the atmosphere more than makes the stay worth it! Highly recommended!

There are a couple things you should know before booking at the Gallery Hyde Park Hostel: -- Most of the staff live in the facility. They "work for trade". Normally this would be fine, but it made us feel like the hostel was for their entertainment, not ours. --If you don't have a bathroom en suite, you are often walking down or up stairs to take a shower. Only one of the public showers worked properly and had proper temperature control --Don't stay here if you hate taking the stairs

• 5th Dec 2014

My friends and I stayed there for one night (6 person ensuite). The staff were really nice and the location was good. It was a pretty old building, with a lot of stairs and narrow corridors. It wasn't amazing but it wasn't bad. The free breakfast was decent, just the usual bread, jam, and cereal. Good place to stay for one night but I wouldn't stay there for a longer period of time. The beds are really close together, and we had a loud snorer in our room so my friend didn't sleep all night.

Stayed in 4 bedroom dorm, easy access and clean. Will come back when Im in London again.

Stayed for one night in a 4 mixed bedroom en suite. Lovely hostel for what you pay, great location and receptionist and other staff friendly and approachable.

• 20th Nov 2014
  • Scotland

Everything was perfect!the only thing that we have problem with was that there was no hot water to take a shower when we return to the hostel at the evening...beside that,we didn't have any other problem.i would definitely recommend it!

• 14th Nov 2014
  • Greece

The location is really good just a few meter from Hyde prak, and it's easy to take the bus (recommend!!) and underground to different parts of London. Sarah at the reception was SUPER! She help us with a lot with what bus to take and other helpful tips! Some of the other staff was quite ignorant. The breakfast was good!

• 13th Nov 2014
  • Sweden

Hi, A nice hostel in an old building, where the staff is very friendly and helps you every time and they keep their hostel realy clean (I haven´t seen dirty corners or full rubbish bins anywhere). I would stay there again!

• 12th Nov 2014
  • Austria

Great location, right next to two very useful tube stops. I walked to most attractions though (about 40mins to Buckingham Palace). Staff were friendly- especially the guy on breakfast duties and the Spanish girl at the desk (I don't know their names). The only downfall of the place was the fact that there was a really large window in my room and no curtain, so when the sun comes up it's really bright in there, also you can smell people smoking on the street, so that's kind of annoying.

- Mice in the kitchen - Leaking smoke alarm... - Crappy, temperamental, slow wifi - 100 stairs up to room - Half of the staff were unhelpful and cold

I booked in a 6 bed room. It was a real nice place with a very nice staff!!! We had a bathroom in our room and it was cleaned everyday! There a 24 hour reception, it can be very useful if there is any problem. The free breakfast is good. I would recommend this hostel!

• 6th Nov 2014
  • Morocco

Great friendly staff and nice clean rooms. It's a huge hostel so the atmosphere is not as social as smaller places, but still quite good. Overall, a pretty good place to stay.

Their double-bunk beds were so horrible. If any one party sleeping on the double bunk bed moves, both beds actually shake a lot. It was so difficult to sleep well and I did not have a single sleep that was great there. Complete nightmare. Their water heater does not work regularly, neither does the heater in the room. Toilets were not very clean either. Considering that I will be returning to London next month, I will definitely not visit this place ever again.

• 5th Nov 2014
  • Singapore

It was my first stay in London and i really enjoyed the location and facilities of the hostel gallery hyde park. There is always someone to help you. I definitevely come back here for a futur stay.

• 3rd Nov 2014

The staff was very friendly. The rooms were small and the bathroom not really clean. The sink and the toilet didn't work properly and the staff needed a few days to fix it. The breakfast was great and the location awesome!

The hostel was so far the best one I've stayed at in London!! The location is perfect, you only need a couple of stations to be in the city center. The staff was really nice and helping! The facilities and the building was pretty and in good condition. We stayed at a 8-bed-female-dorm with ensuite which was really cool! I'd def gonna stay at the hostel again when I come back next time :)

Great staff. Toilet didn't have a seat. Rooms are a bit small. But wonder location for tube and other public transport. Common room was great.

The staff are super lovely!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6