Gallery Hyde Park Reviews

23 Inverness Terrace, London, England

Clean, good kitchen, wifi working, perfect location, good value for ££. Mattresses could be somewhat better and firmer. Also should get at least a couple of cats for the hostel ;)

• 22nd Mar 2015
  • Slovakia

We stayed in room 115. The room window was stuck and the entire night we had to keep our door ajar as there was no ventilation and it was so hot. This was really unsafe for us and we had a sleepless night. Also, the check out time should be at noon. Also, the website should mention that there is no lift in the building. Climbing up what seem to be over 100 steps with our luggage was just painfull.

• 20th Mar 2015
  • India

I really liked the hostel, the location was excellent and it was very easy to go anywhere in the city centre. What I didn't like about how the bathroom door and the beds were extremely squeaky - I'm a light sleeper so if I hadn't had ear plugs I wouldn't have been able to sleep at all. Other than this, I was very happy with my stay at Gallery Hyde Park. The staff were extremely nice and helpful!

Excellent location and helpful staff. Would stay again, but worth mentioning is that the room was not properly cleaned when we checked in. Common room area is very small. I know the kitchen serves as a combined kitchen/common area but still...

Clean sheets, clean toilets, nice staff. Relatively new hostel. Breakfast quite poor - muesli and toast, no juices, no fruits, no cheese, but it seems to be quite common in UK hostels. I would recommend it.

Very nice Victorian style building, but with 4 floors and several separate stairs, it is easy to get lost or go short of breath. We were a bit bummed about our twin bed room, which turned out to have a bunk bed,we didn't expect that. The staff was overall nice, we had no problems with arrival at 2am. Good location, a bus stop, two tube stops and several grocery stores just around the corner. Too bad there are 4 jams for breakfast, but nothing salty.

An overall positive experience. Staying in the northern area of hyde park was super convenient. Up until now this was the warmest greeting I had in a hostel and with a great start this was a great short stay in London.

Good location close the tube and major stations. Staff and guests were friendly and it is a nice, spacious old building, though there were some renovations going on whilst I was there so at the time the reception area was a bit cramped. Doors have keycard locks which is good but there are no lockers in the rooms. The mattress was very uncomfortable, almost like sleeping on top of bare springs.

I cannot connect to the wifi.

• 27th Feb 2015
  • Malaysia

I was stolen my cellphone and money. The bathroom was dirty

• 26th Feb 2015
  • Argentina

Initially I was very impressed with the cleanliness of our room. However, there was a large period blood stain on my mattress and the second day there was no hot water to shower, There was also a mouse in our room that I saw and heard around 4am which kept me awake. I then discovered many mouse traps placed throughout the room so obviously the staff knew about it. One would think that they would put us in a different room until that problem was solved. Overall good hostel--bad experience

• 26th Feb 2015

I didn't get to spend much time here, but I felt safe, warm and welcome

• 25th Feb 2015

My experience was very good! The hostel is quite and very clean, with reception 24/7. Its location is perfect. 1-2 minute walk to two tube stations and bus stops. 2 minute walk to Hyde Park and 10-15 minutes to Kensignton palace. You can actually walk to Nitting Hill as well. Free WiFi available everywhere in the building. The staff was AMAZING, friendly, always very nice and hepful. There's always someone at the reception for anything you need. Thanks to all of you guys and to Ana :)

• 16th Feb 2015

There were mice in every room - the personnel only told us about the problem in the kitchen and living room when we confronted them with a mouse running through our bedroom. I asked several other people that stayed there and they said they had some in their romms as well - up to the 5th floor. I am pretty sure they are very aware of the problem as they did not look very surprised when I told them. That's why I think that the problem will not be solved very soon if ever.

• 16th Feb 2015
  • Austria

I had a wonderful stay and would definitely recommend it! It's located 2 minutes from the Park and right by the hostel there are lots of buses and the tube to get around. To see the museums in Kensington you can even walk! My room was ensuite which is really convienient, but there are also lots of other showers and bathrooms around. The staff is awesome! They made me feel very welcome and organized some really cool events. Free wifi everywhere and good, big bunk-beds! Thanks again to Ana & Dia!

• 12th Feb 2015
  • Switzerland

The hostel was very nice. They were doing lots of renovations im sure it will be even better when they are done! The location is in a nice area right next to Hyde park and an easy 20-30 min underground ride from most major things. Everything was very clean, the only downside was that they don't have individual lockers in the room; the only had one large luggage room downstairs.

• 12th Feb 2015

Location right next to Hyde park and the Queensway tube stop. Staff was great! Had a the bedperson with ensuite, which was actually a bunkbed with a double and single bed. Pretty cramped- but overall good stay.

• 7th Feb 2015

I traveled with one other person, and we stayed in a 6 person mixed room. My bed was mediocre, but her bed was very uncomfortable. The WiFi is absolutely non-existant for residents. Someone said that you could atleast get WiFi on the first floor...not true. My room was on the first floor and I never once could connect. The breakfast is basically just toast and cereal, but that is to be expected. Location is great...but I was pretty unhappy with being lied to about the WiFi and bad beds.

• 5th Feb 2015

Internet did not work for 3 out of our 4 days there. You cant get into the building unless the 24 hour reception buzzes you in. They left my friend stranded out there in the middle of the night for about half an hour one time. The house itself is nice and theres a lot of new things but there aren't quite enough showers and the lockers tiny and they're all the way down in the basement by reception.

Room was very small but lovely staff and facilities

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5