Gallery Hyde Park Reviews

23 Inverness Terrace, London, England

It would be nice if there was hot water in the shower rather than cold one.

Lovely staff, good area, close to underground station. Not many toilets/shower cubiles in top floor

• 20th Jun 2015

A really clean and comfortable hostel at a reasonable price point. Great to be a short walk from the central line and bus stops too. The 20 bed dorm was comfortable and surprisingly quiet, although the door needs a new door closer as if you let it goes it bangs shut. I didn't do it a second time that's for sure! The dorm room could also do with a screen over the window this time of year, as the sun comes up so early. Thanks for the stay!

Hostel was nice, location is central and close to touristic attractions, stuff is friendly and helpful, rooms and bathroom are clean, the only drawback was weak wifi

• 19th Jun 2015
  • Egypt

The location was excellent, right next to Hyde park and two underground stations. The staff was also very friendly and was always available. At times the showers and bathrooms were out of order, but this didn't cause us many problems.

The location is exccellent, two supermarkets and tube stations are just around the corner and Hyde Park is just a few metres away. The hostel itself was a bit unclean, especially the showers. About 24 people had to share a bathroom and the water was sometimes cold. However the staff was very helpful and friendly, the free breakfast was a big plus and considering the overall Hostel situation in London this was a pretty decent stay.

• 19th Jun 2015

I went with my friend just for an overnight stay. We really enjoyed our stay, the hostel was nice & the staff were very friendly & helpful. They made us feel very welcome & nothing was too much trouble. We did have a problem with two inconsiderate people in our dorm making noise & interrupting sleep but this was a minor inconvenience. We would definitely stay again & recommend this hostel to other people.

• 18th Jun 2015

Nice hostal, good for the location, very tiny rooms. Passable, good for the purpose.

On the top floors the water is running really slowly. It's a bit of a challenge to get the shampoo off the hair... Also the doors are closing very loudly and the bathrooms on the top floors were not as clean as those on the ground floor. The breakfast was okay even though there was no offer for people who have hypersensitivities. (milk sugar, gluten...) It's great to have the opportunity to store the luggage after checking out.

• 14th Jun 2015

I had to sleep in an upper bunk bed with no ladder to climb. I requested to change beds but there was nothing available. They finally gave me a refund of my first night, which was a good thing, but I had to push things and send an official email in order to get it. The staff was friendly but they didn't really put any actual effort to improve the general situation (hygiene, smell etc.) +Wifi didn't work properly and water was cold half of the times.

I felt like a princess each day I woke up, not only because of the room but because of the blissful sleep and the friendly smiles I got every time I went down stairs. Whilst the hostel is still under development, the staff are wonderful, friendly and genuine people who really helped make London feel like a home! Would recommend to anyone looking to make friends and have a good stay in London!

• 8th Jun 2015
  • New Zealand

Wifi wasn't working the whole entire night & we struggled like crazy since I am travelling for a month. No elevator so pray hard to check-in at the lower levels. I was initially allocated on the highest level which filled with a lot of houseflies. However, the staff was nice to switch a lower level room for me. On the 1st day, the shower was in good condition. Unfortunately the 2nd day of my stay, I had bad experience with chilly cold water till I checked out the hostel= nvr get my bath.

Thank you, it was a good place to spend a night and the location is excellent. Rather noisy at night due to people chatting loudly on the street, and the breakfast could be more healthy, but the staff was super friendly.

The beds are REALLY noisy (never saw something similar), if someone moves his body during the night everyone in the room wake up. There was NO HOT WATER in the shower, when we complained about, they said it was normal. By the other hand, the staff is great, happy and helpful people.

• 4th Jun 2015

Great location and a very helpful staff. Breakfast was adequate (coffee, tea, cereal, toast, etc.), and the beds were decent. Two notes: the showers were cold during my stay, and there are only a few plugs in the eight person room - we were able to manage with both though - as someone brought a power strip, and I'm sure hot water will be restored soon.

Awesome!!

Great friendly staff, guaranteed a good time

• 30th May 2015

The staff was incredibly friendly and it was located within five minutes of a metro station that connected quickly to all major lines, the rooms were comfortable and it was an overall good stay.

When I arrived to the hostel, I was hungry, tired, and in desperate need of a shower. However, this did not happen right away. I had to wait 20-25 minutes for the guy to open up the reception counter to check me in. All I wanted to do was sleep and he had a series of bad news. First, all the room keys were taken and I had to wait until the next day to get one which meant I couldn't leave the room for fear of being locked out. Second, the internet was not working. I was unhappy and would not reco

Loved the staff! Such a fun group I had trouble telling who was staying there and who was working there

• 28th May 2015