Gallery Hyde Park Reviews

23 Inverness Terrace, London, England

Very central hostel, nice building. There was no ventilation in the room and this is a huge problem. When I entered the room the smell was really bad. I understand that the room I stayed in was in the basement and for security reasons we cannot open the window. However, I could barely open the upper part of the window (the only movable part of the window). You cannot host 10 people in a room without providing them with oxygen and fresh air. I do not also like the use of air fresheners.

This hostel was very disappointing. Our room was at street level and we didn't sleep a wink plus there was construction outside at 8am. A few other notes: rooms completely run down, paint chips/mold old springy beds, smelly carpet, leaking toilet and cold showers. Kitchen is barely functional it's so small really hard to cook. Top levels have narrow stairs good luck with luggage. Would not recommend this hostel to anyone unless you are out of options (like we were).

I enjoyed that it's a smaller hostel: not overcrowded and you could actually sleep (of course depends on your roommates). Staff is really friendly, helpful and interested in how the could do even better. There are lockers for valuables for free, though I'd appreciate cagelockers for small/medium size luggage under the beds as I know it from other hostels. Nothing happened to my stuff but you'll never know. As well sth. savoury for breakfast would be nice, but range of jam and cereals is wide.

• 22nd Sep 2014

Reviews always reflect people's expectations. If you're used to hotels with 3 stars and above you might not like it, but if you just want a comfortable and clean! place to be for a couple of nights and you're not picky when it comes to a cold shower (just bad luck, the boiler broke that night) or a few stains on the mattress (which is covered with clean sheets anyway) it's right for you. Breakfast was very good, too (normal english, not full or continental ->expectations). Staff was very nice.

• 20th Sep 2014

only spent two nights there for the weekend but it was the best hostel in london that i stayed in so far, clean room and bathroom, basic free breakfast and 24hr reception in a great location - nothing more you can want for a short trip to london.

• 19th Sep 2014

A few issues here, mainly the hot water didn't work most of the time I stayed. Cleanliness could have been better, the floors in my room hadn't been vacuumed in a while. Plus the presence of a cockroach was also not particularly appealing. The bathroom tile were also cracked and in very poor condition. The positives - very good location - clean sheets and comfortable beds

• 16th Sep 2014

Well, I arrived in the night, but still...they made me pay £3 more than the internet said without explanation and when I wanted a shower, it was full of water and the shower was cold. But staff was cool and the breakfast nice and the location is easy to find. They have the type of beds where you feel every movement of the other person below or above you.

The hostel is in a great location, lots of bus routes nearby and two tube stations just blocks away. I was staying in an 8-bed female room and it happened to be on the top floor (there are a lot of stairs in this hostel). My room had a toilet and shower ensuite which was great, except the hot water did not work. A few of my roommates had already complained and the staff said that it was because we were on the top floor. Also, there are no lockers in the room. Besides that, the hostel was great.

Excellent all round!

A very nice hostel, in the center of London! The staff is very kind and polite. I'll be back on my next trip See you soon Giampietro

• 12th Sep 2014

The atmosphere was great, the location is perfect and the staff is incredibly nice and helpful. The rooms were good and the free breakfast was always a good start to the day. There are no lifts, so be prepared to carry your stuff, just see it as an exercise ;) I really enjoyed my stay here and I would stay here again.

• 8th Sep 2014

One of the best hostel I've stayed. Great staff very helpful, I needed to get to Luton airport and they gave me very good information, I could print a ticket for the bus, no trouble at all. Location is great!

Prepare to sweat when having breakfast in the basement.

• 4th Sep 2014

Great location, clean, quiet, friendly staff. Could use a few more toilets and curtains in the front room, but otherwise good.

• 4th Sep 2014

Overall ok, staff were the problem, saw guests as an imposition. Generally they were really unprofessional/immature, it was impossible to use the common room as it was dominated by staff and extremely loud music, all day, you would usually be greeted with hostility when you walked in. Every night they would get stoned and drunk, order excessive amounts of takeaway. We resorted to sitting in extremely hot kitchen, kicked out at 11pm by rude staff. Loud rock music at 10am kitchen cleaning F*** OFF

You're going to spend a week in london? If i were in you, I'd choose Gallery Hyde Park!!!

• 2nd Sep 2014

Great place, would recommend to anyone staying in london. Good breakfast, friendly staff, free left luggage, big dorm rooms, absurdly close to hyde park for the price

Great location and good value for money in London. We stayed on the top floor - a decent schlep up many flights of stairs - but this can be the case in most older London buildings. Our 6-bed room was quite small and the bunks creaked and groaned, however, this hostel has a great vibe and even better staff. They are all very friendly, helpful and welcoming. You are also unbelievably close to both Queensway and Bayswater tube stations. Recommended as a good option if you're on a budget.

• 26th Aug 2014

We liked the hostel very much ! Perfect situated, quiet, friendly staff. Maybe some cheese would be nice with the breakfast ?(but I´m Norwegian)

• 24th Aug 2014
  • Norway

Excellent location (just 3 min from Bayswater tube station), close to restaurants, pubs, supermarkets... Friendly staff, clean.. Bedrooms without lockers.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6