Gallery Hyde Park Reviews

23 Inverness Terrace, London, England

Great staff, comfy clean beds and bathrooms, friendly communal areas. Would recommend

The Hostel was great for the value. It has a good location right by two stations for the tube. There may be a slight rat problem but didn't notice. Clean sheets and overall good stay. Luggage store after checking out was excelllent.

• 25th Mar 2015

Nice hostel. I spend 6 nights there. Very good location. Two tube stations nearby. Toilets were fine. Always clean. The breakfast was very good. I would come back for sure.

Clean, good kitchen, wifi working, perfect location, good value for ££. Mattresses could be somewhat better and firmer. Also should get at least a couple of cats for the hostel ;)

• 22nd Mar 2015
  • Slovakia

We stayed in room 115. The room window was stuck and the entire night we had to keep our door ajar as there was no ventilation and it was so hot. This was really unsafe for us and we had a sleepless night. Also, the check out time should be at noon. Also, the website should mention that there is no lift in the building. Climbing up what seem to be over 100 steps with our luggage was just painfull.

• 20th Mar 2015
  • India

I really liked the hostel, the location was excellent and it was very easy to go anywhere in the city centre. What I didn't like about how the bathroom door and the beds were extremely squeaky - I'm a light sleeper so if I hadn't had ear plugs I wouldn't have been able to sleep at all. Other than this, I was very happy with my stay at Gallery Hyde Park. The staff were extremely nice and helpful!

Excellent location and helpful staff. Would stay again, but worth mentioning is that the room was not properly cleaned when we checked in. Common room area is very small. I know the kitchen serves as a combined kitchen/common area but still...

I had a great stay! I met lots of great people who were also staying there, and the staff was such a great bunch of people! Always happy and helpful! Just which I could keep traveling for a bit longer!

• 17th Mar 2015
  • Sweden

Clean sheets, clean toilets, nice staff. Relatively new hostel. Breakfast quite poor - muesli and toast, no juices, no fruits, no cheese, but it seems to be quite common in UK hostels. I would recommend it.

Great place, stayed in the 10bed doorm, simple but very clean room with nice high ceiling. Would deifinitely go again, staff was super friendly!

Very nice Victorian style building, but with 4 floors and several separate stairs, it is easy to get lost or go short of breath. We were a bit bummed about our twin bed room, which turned out to have a bunk bed,we didn't expect that. The staff was overall nice, we had no problems with arrival at 2am. Good location, a bus stop, two tube stops and several grocery stores just around the corner. Too bad there are 4 jams for breakfast, but nothing salty.

An overall positive experience. Staying in the northern area of hyde park was super convenient. Up until now this was the warmest greeting I had in a hostel and with a great start this was a great short stay in London.

Good location close the tube and major stations. Staff and guests were friendly and it is a nice, spacious old building, though there were some renovations going on whilst I was there so at the time the reception area was a bit cramped. Doors have keycard locks which is good but there are no lockers in the rooms. The mattress was very uncomfortable, almost like sleeping on top of bare springs.

Todo muy bien, excepto por las cinco plantas que tuve que subir para llegar a la habitación (sin ascensor). Iba muy cargado de maletas y la chica de recepción (española) fue encantadora y me ayudó dejando el equipaje abajo para no tener que cargarlo hasta arriba. Sin duda,lo mejor de todo fue la chica... Muy agradecido!

I cannot connect to the wifi.

• 27th Feb 2015
  • Malaysia

I was stolen my cellphone and money. The bathroom was dirty

• 26th Feb 2015
  • Argentina

Initially I was very impressed with the cleanliness of our room. However, there was a large period blood stain on my mattress and the second day there was no hot water to shower, There was also a mouse in our room that I saw and heard around 4am which kept me awake. I then discovered many mouse traps placed throughout the room so obviously the staff knew about it. One would think that they would put us in a different room until that problem was solved. Overall good hostel--bad experience

I didn't get to spend much time here, but I felt safe, warm and welcome

• 25th Feb 2015

My experience was very good! The hostel is quite and very clean, with reception 24/7. Its location is perfect. 1-2 minute walk to two tube stations and bus stops. 2 minute walk to Hyde Park and 10-15 minutes to Kensignton palace. You can actually walk to Nitting Hill as well. Free WiFi available everywhere in the building. The staff was AMAZING, friendly, always very nice and hepful. There's always someone at the reception for anything you need. Thanks to all of you guys and to Ana :)

• 16th Feb 2015

There were mice in every room - the personnel only told us about the problem in the kitchen and living room when we confronted them with a mouse running through our bedroom. I asked several other people that stayed there and they said they had some in their romms as well - up to the 5th floor. I am pretty sure they are very aware of the problem as they did not look very surprised when I told them. That's why I think that the problem will not be solved very soon if ever.

• 16th Feb 2015