Gallery Hyde Park Reviews

23 Inverness Terrace, London, England

The atmosphere was great, the location is perfect and the staff is incredibly nice and helpful. The rooms were good and the free breakfast was always a good start to the day. There are no lifts, so be prepared to carry your stuff, just see it as an exercise ;) I really enjoyed my stay here and I would stay here again.

• 8th Sep 2014

One of the best hostel I've stayed. Great staff very helpful, I needed to get to Luton airport and they gave me very good information, I could print a ticket for the bus, no trouble at all. Location is great!

Gallery Hyde Park is a gem. They are half a block away from Kensington Gardens (right next to Hyde Park), and half a block away from two tube stations that are very convenient. The staff is great, and the guests are super friendly, I made a few good travel friends there. I stayed there twice on my trip, so it was good enough to go back a second time, and I would stay there next time. I liked the breakfasts. Most of the beds are comfy enough (they could do to replace a few of the mattresses).

Prepare to sweat when having breakfast in the basement.

• 4th Sep 2014

Great location, clean, quiet, friendly staff. Could use a few more toilets and curtains in the front room, but otherwise good.

• 4th Sep 2014

Overall ok, staff were the problem, saw guests as an imposition. Generally they were really unprofessional/immature, it was impossible to use the common room as it was dominated by staff and extremely loud music, all day, you would usually be greeted with hostility when you walked in. Every night they would get stoned and drunk, order excessive amounts of takeaway. We resorted to sitting in extremely hot kitchen, kicked out at 11pm by rude staff. Loud rock music at 10am kitchen cleaning F*** OFF

You're going to spend a week in london? If i were in you, I'd choose Gallery Hyde Park!!!

• 2nd Sep 2014

Great place, would recommend to anyone staying in london. Good breakfast, friendly staff, free left luggage, big dorm rooms, absurdly close to hyde park for the price

Really great little hostel. Not too big, but still lively and close to town. The all-female room I stayed in was fine (maybe a bit small) and the ensuite was very clean. Heads up there's no lift and a lot of stairs. Kitchen was great. Good wifi downstairs but not very strong in the upper rooms.

Great location and good value for money in London. We stayed on the top floor - a decent schlep up many flights of stairs - but this can be the case in most older London buildings. Our 6-bed room was quite small and the bunks creaked and groaned, however, this hostel has a great vibe and even better staff. They are all very friendly, helpful and welcoming. You are also unbelievably close to both Queensway and Bayswater tube stations. Recommended as a good option if you're on a budget.

We liked the hostel very much ! Perfect situated, quiet, friendly staff. Maybe some cheese would be nice with the breakfast ?(but I´m Norwegian)

• 24th Aug 2014
  • Norway

Excellent location (just 3 min from Bayswater tube station), close to restaurants, pubs, supermarkets... Friendly staff, clean.. Bedrooms without lockers.

Good location, very nice helpful reception, nice building/atmosphere. The only thing that is really not cool is the instability of the bed-bunks, really instable and cracky, however matrasses are comforable. Shared Bathroom facilities are as well not outstanding. Overall this is good for budget travelling accommodation in London.

• 23rd Aug 2014

My matress had some screwed up springs and I wish they had individual lockers for luggage but other than that it's a great place! Staff was super friendly and helpful, they have Guitar Hero and some other games in the common area and my dorms bathroom even had a tub! It looks really fancy both from the outside and inside (although it could used some work on the walls). Amount of sockets was fine but there isn't one for every bed. Amazing location and nice price for a place in central london.

Very good location as it is close to several train stations, bus stops as well as Hyde Park. It is also very clean with hot showers. Staff were very friendly and helpful about the area.

For a hostel in the UK it's actually a great hostel. My biggest complaint is that it's very hard to meet other travellers as there isn't any big group activities where you can meet people. However the location is amazing!

Free basic breakfast with good kitchen facilities. Amazing considering London is too expensive to be eating out all the time! VERY CLEAN place to stay, fresh and great location. Staff are awesome. Bathrooms smell a bit like sewer but I'm pretty sure that is common in big cities. Would definitely stay here again :)

Really well situated, nice and friendly staff, basic breakfast included, little kitchen you can use to cook, clean rooms. For a cheap hostel, it's a great one!

• 13th Aug 2014
  • Switzerland

I love you guys! Thanks for an awesome week in London. I miss you already.

• 10th Aug 2014

This hostel was clean, safe and central to absolutely everything in London! The closest tube station is about 50 meters away as are supermarkets, and Hyde park. The city main attractions can all be accessed by the tube, or like we did, via walking which only took us 20 minutes. The staff at the hostel are friendly and after staying there for a week became like family. The hostel offers nights out although I think they would benefit from having these more structured and not planned last minute.