Gallery Hyde Park Reviews

23 Inverness Terrace, London, England

We stayed here for 3 nights. Rooms and bathrooms were clean and well kept. We had read some reviews beforehand which talked about squeaky beds which turned out to be true but it wasn't really a problem since the only time it came up was when people were shuffling around in the room anyway. Some of the mattresses were newer and therefore more comfortable! ;) The location was amazing! So close to the tube and it took no time at all to get to and from everything we wanted to see/do in London.

• 22nd Apr 2015

We really enjoyed our stay there. Room and public areas were clean and the staff was very helpful! :)

The new 20 bed dorm is beautiful! All of the beds and bedding are brand new and very comfortable and the room is very grand with a big beautiful fireplace and chandelier. As always the atmosphere is brilliant and the staff are very friendly and helpful as well.

Best staff ever, best hostel 😊😊😊

this hostel was horrible!this was foul. sooo dirty and smelly, they had drinking games on but the actual building had no atmosphere, it was stinky. The room was 100 years old. The shower was handheld pipe. DO NOT STAY HERE UNLESS YOU ARE NOT FUSSY AND NOT DESPERATE. Its the worst hostel i've ever stayed at in my entire whole life Good: close to subway (but so are most in London!), girl at check in friendly. Bad: everything else! wifi didn't work the entire time i stayed. not even anything!

Staff is quite rude and I have seen mice in the kitchen. Too noisy, even at 1 at night, bathrooms not very clean.

It's a great place but at night, after midnight the noise didn't let me sleep. I was in a bedroom with a window to the street and was a problem. Only 2 bathrooms but I have not problem with that, every time I wanted to use it, it was free. The price is right for wha they offer.

• 15th Apr 2015
  • Argentina

My sister and I loved the vibe and how friendly and nice Agnes is!!!

Probably the best option in London. Really good location, right side to Hyde Park, NothingHill and the metro stations. The problem is the showers. They are either too hot, or to cold, and there's no hooks, so really bad. Also, there's a lot of steps. My room was 102 steps up. But the staff is great, good atmosphere, good kitchen and they even have a Wii.

I am writing this in hopes that the owners read it. PROTECT YOUR INVESTMENT! Please change the self-description of the "3 bed, 3 person private bathroom". It is only a 2 bed, 3 person room. Double bed does not count as 2. Maintenance issues noted: Front door needs to be yanked to open Room 103 has no shower door. Water splashes out on to floor, soaking it. Water has damaged tile floor, possible flooring beneath. Staff joins late night parties, loud music and smoking pot into the night.

One of the best hostels I have ever stayed in. Clean large room, friendly staff, chilled atmosphere and great location. The bedroom couldn't done with a curtain or blind to keep the light out at night. Other than that I had a perfect stay :)

• 13th Apr 2015

Very pet friendly hostel: mice roaming in the kitchen, sometimes two at a time. Party friendly too: the only problem is you can't sleep in the six bed dorm. Sometimes some items are missing at breakfast. Asked to have breakfast earlier, I have been answered: "No". Beds are very noisy, dorms too crammed. No common room apart the kitchen, people have the habit to stay in the entrance hallway.

Although the hostel wasn't close to tourist sites, it was a very short walk to Hyde Park. The bathrooms were clean, but I wish there were more mirrors for hair/makeup. It was also annoying how no bathrooms had paper towels. My least favorite part about the hostel was the lack of quiet hours. My room was right next to the TV room and it was very hard to fall asleep with all the noise. The breakfast was also very subpar so don't get your hopes up. I would not stay here again if I had the choice.

WAY over priced for what they provide! The carpets were shredded in some places. The room was a small box. 1 mirror in the whole hostel. Breakfast was toast, cereal,

• 3rd Apr 2015

Good hostel and good location for getting out into the city. Only problem was that I found it hard as a single traveler, the hostel really didn't have any sense of community. Maybe this was a one off week for the staff but from my experience it's hard to recommend.

Cool spot in Hyde park with surrounding restaurants and Kensington gardens. Awesome that two tube stations a stones throw away. Staff young and vibrant. Wifi ordinary. Bed ridiculously squeaky! Liked the facilities and atmosphere. Would recommend for a genuinely overall good place to stay.

I live in a 8 beds mixed dorm. The bed is nearly broken. They make horrible sounds if you just move a little bit when you are lying on the bed.

It was a very nice place, clean, very good staff, and awesome location. I'd certainly recommend the place!

Excellent hostel, the best I have ever stayed at in London. The staff are lovely and friendly, the atmosphere is absolutely fantastic and the facilities are all great. The kitchen is also a big plus. Would definitely recommend.

I really loved that hostel, it is perfect! The young staff from all over the world was friendly and always happy to help. The room was nice and clean just like the bathrooms and the kitchen. It was a challenge to carry our luggage up to the 5th/4th floor though... The kitchen has everything you need and I liked the breakfast. You will find everything you need near the hostel like supermarkets, fastfood, pubs, the tube and the beautiful Hyde Park of course.

• 28th Mar 2015