Gallery Hyde Park Reviews

23 Inverness Terrace, London, England

Definitely a good time- staff and other hostellers were really friendly, unfortunately only 1 bathroom between 20 people which meant waiting for ages!

Thanks for your review! We're so happy you had a great time here at Gallery. Our staff really are brilliant, aren't they? We've recently been working at improving our signage around the building to help address this problem by directing guests to one of our other public bathrooms and it seems to have done wonders for keeping the showers nice and free. Thanks again! We hope to see you again soon. Alex @ Gallery Hyde Park

Great vibe, can be a little noisey out front but nothing major. Right next to hyde park as well makes it great for relaxing.

I enjoyed my stay here. I liked the neighborhood and being so close to Hyde Park. There is a bus stop and a bike dock right beside the hostel as well as an underground accesspoint. The kitchen does close completely over night; so if you get back late, eating can be tricky, but there are some late night places in the area.

There were mice in the kitchen. So gross.

The staff were very nice and social. Location was great and the atmosphere was welcoming. As a solo traveler I had no trouble meeting people due to the friendly staff and the residents.

Great location, next to Hyde Park and a 3 minute walk to Underground. Really social, fun atmosphere. Friendly staff. Not the cleanest place, difficult to manage with 20-bed dorm I guess. There were too few showers/toilets for the number of people in the hostel. Toilet and shower were in same cubicle so there were occasions (early morning,late evening) that you might have to queue 20 minutes just to use toilet.

We had the private double room, the door on the bathroom didn't lock, the toilet made funny noises and we couldn't really get any wifi signal because we were right at the top. Everything else was good though.

• 27th Jun 2015

The positive: - Cool and young staff and guests - Clean - Good location near 2 metro stations and night bus stop - Good price for London The negative: - The biggest down is the lack of curtains on the large glass windows. You sleep getting a sunburn if you take the beds close to the windows. - Although the guests and staff looked cool and honest, they do not have lockers in the room, they have in the reception, but it was always full. I had to leave tablet, camera and money in the room.

It would be nice if there was hot water in the shower rather than cold one.

I believe they just need to check the bed are really ready before checking in guests. My bed was basically used by someone. I also think that they should provide large locker for luggage safety keeping, even though London seems to be safe. But, I do like how they have great space for party.

• 23rd Jun 2015
  • Malaysia

Lovely staff, good area, close to underground station. Not many toilets/shower cubiles in top floor

• 20th Jun 2015

A really clean and comfortable hostel at a reasonable price point. Great to be a short walk from the central line and bus stops too. The 20 bed dorm was comfortable and surprisingly quiet, although the door needs a new door closer as if you let it goes it bangs shut. I didn't do it a second time that's for sure! The dorm room could also do with a screen over the window this time of year, as the sun comes up so early. Thanks for the stay!

Despite the fact of not being specially close to the main touristic attractions, the hostel is in a very nice and quiet street with plenty of restaurants, supermarkets and the metro stop around the corner. The staff was really nice and attentive and they work hard to keep a nice atmosphere in the hostel. The bathroom was, fortunately, cleaned regularly but the carpet and walls were a bit dirty. However, considering the price, it was defenitely over the average of what you can get in London.

Hostel was nice, location is central and close to touristic attractions, stuff is friendly and helpful, rooms and bathroom are clean, the only drawback was weak wifi

• 19th Jun 2015
  • Egypt

The location was excellent, right next to Hyde park and two underground stations. The staff was also very friendly and was always available. At times the showers and bathrooms were out of order, but this didn't cause us many problems.

The location is exccellent, two supermarkets and tube stations are just around the corner and Hyde Park is just a few metres away. The hostel itself was a bit unclean, especially the showers. About 24 people had to share a bathroom and the water was sometimes cold. However the staff was very helpful and friendly, the free breakfast was a big plus and considering the overall Hostel situation in London this was a pretty decent stay.

I went with my friend just for an overnight stay. We really enjoyed our stay, the hostel was nice & the staff were very friendly & helpful. They made us feel very welcome & nothing was too much trouble. We did have a problem with two inconsiderate people in our dorm making noise & interrupting sleep but this was a minor inconvenience. We would definitely stay again & recommend this hostel to other people.

• 18th Jun 2015

Nice hostal, good for the location, very tiny rooms. Passable, good for the purpose.

On the top floors the water is running really slowly. It's a bit of a challenge to get the shampoo off the hair... Also the doors are closing very loudly and the bathrooms on the top floors were not as clean as those on the ground floor. The breakfast was okay even though there was no offer for people who have hypersensitivities. (milk sugar, gluten...) It's great to have the opportunity to store the luggage after checking out.

• 14th Jun 2015

I had to sleep in an upper bunk bed with no ladder to climb. I requested to change beds but there was nothing available. They finally gave me a refund of my first night, which was a good thing, but I had to push things and send an official email in order to get it. The staff was friendly but they didn't really put any actual effort to improve the general situation (hygiene, smell etc.) +Wifi didn't work properly and water was cold half of the times.