Gallery Hyde Park Reviews

23 Inverness Terrace, London, England

I traveled with one other person, and we stayed in a 6 person mixed room. My bed was mediocre, but her bed was very uncomfortable. The WiFi is absolutely non-existant for residents. Someone said that you could atleast get WiFi on the first floor...not true. My room was on the first floor and I never once could connect. The breakfast is basically just toast and cereal, but that is to be expected. Location is great...but I was pretty unhappy with being lied to about the WiFi and bad beds.

Internet did not work for 3 out of our 4 days there. You cant get into the building unless the 24 hour reception buzzes you in. They left my friend stranded out there in the middle of the night for about half an hour one time. The house itself is nice and theres a lot of new things but there aren't quite enough showers and the lockers tiny and they're all the way down in the basement by reception.

Room was very small but lovely staff and facilities

I liked the front desk, which always had someone to open the door and ask questions to. There were also a lot of things you could buy from them (earplugs, towel, adapter), which was fantastic.

• 29th Jan 2015

The staff was really nice, but I do have one criticism and some suggestions to make. When it was quiet, there were lots of mices running across the kitchen. I'm not crazy about cleanliness but I'd rather skip the free breakfast after I saw that. I have two suggestions to improve the bedrooms. If the beds were a bit higher it would be possible to place large luggages below it. Also it would be nice to have power outlets close to each bed.

coffee at breakfast was hella nasty, but it was a nice hostel with friendly staff, comfy but squeaky beds.

• 28th Jan 2015

People are kind. The blonde staff is very lovely and nice. Free breakfast is really good. The only bad point is that there is no ventilation system in the room, so when the window is closed, air can be bad due to the lack of oxygen. Value for money is in any case excellent.

I spent the week here. Had a great time. Everyone was friendly. Internet isn't the greatest, except for on the main floor but it makes you meet new people. It's so close to the tube too.

I had a very good time there, everyone was friendly. The area around the hostel is so beautiful. There are lots of busses, so it is easy to travel around and come back late in the evening.

• 17th Jan 2015

Great hostel. Fun, clean, helpful staff, lovely location. Definitely recommend.

• 17th Jan 2015

The hostel should inform about the absurd number of stairs to the upper bedrooms - five floors is a long way up with two gigantic suitcases! Had some problems with the shower in our bedroom - some days the water was cold and in others we couldn't use it because it was leaking in the room below us. Also, only one bathroom in a room for 8 women is not enough.

Wifi was atrocious and the shower wasn't ideal. Otherwise a pleasant stay.

• 16th Jan 2015

Location is excellent, right next to a tube stop and very near to Hyde Park. The hostel was experiencing hot water issues during my stay but they resolved them as promptly as possible. Breakfast is a standard continental.

The hostel is pretty close to Queensway underground (less than 5 min walk) which is great. One of the windows in our room (4 bed mix) wasn't completely closing so we asked the staff help and they immediately solved the situation. I don't know if it's a general thing but the bunk beds in our room weren't very stable and they creaked everytime someone moved.The breakfast is ok, unless you are vegan which leaves you with toast and tea (there isn't fruit or juice) and there's only 2 public bathrooms

• 13th Jan 2015
  • Portugal

My friend and I have stayed at Gallery Hyde Park for three nights. The hostel is not right in the city center but it takes only about 10minutes by subway to get there. Location is still very, very nice as there are heaps of restaurants and many pubs just around the corner. Staff is excellent! All of them are extremely friendly and helpful - even at 4am. We would highly recommend this hostel even though there are a few issues like a not proper closing window. But hey: It is a hostel so all good!

I do like thevstaying in this hostel,clean with good atmosphere and lots of friendly people.

I love the staff here - they are friendly and helpful. One downside is that there are definitely not enough shower facilities, but the beds are comfy and the kitchen facilities pretty good. Having an ensuite shower in the room can be a pain as the fan is really noisy, so if anyone uses the bathroom at night everyone gets woken up. Having said that, I've tried a few hostels in London and this one is definitely one of the best.

The location is excellent and the staff is very friendly. It's a place where you'll surely meet new people! The only negative point was the bed was a bit noise and the mattress very soft. I really recommend it though.

I feel really at home in this hostel and the staff are super cool.

• 5th Jan 2015

I really enjoyed the atmosphere of the hostel as it is specifically tailored to younger travelers. The building is quite nice and the young staff seems to have a close-knit group. They were always watching movies in the common room which was nice for just hanging out. The hostel is close to some interesting places to eat/shop and is near the tube station and Hyde Park. Will be staying there again when I return to London.