Gallery Hyde Park Reviews

23 Inverness Terrace, London, England

Although the hostel wasn't close to tourist sites, it was a very short walk to Hyde Park. The bathrooms were clean, but I wish there were more mirrors for hair/makeup. It was also annoying how no bathrooms had paper towels. My least favorite part about the hostel was the lack of quiet hours. My room was right next to the TV room and it was very hard to fall asleep with all the noise. The breakfast was also very subpar so don't get your hopes up. I would not stay here again if I had the choice.

WAY over priced for what they provide! The carpets were shredded in some places. The room was a small box. 1 mirror in the whole hostel. Breakfast was toast, cereal,

• 3rd Apr 2015

Good hostel and good location for getting out into the city. Only problem was that I found it hard as a single traveler, the hostel really didn't have any sense of community. Maybe this was a one off week for the staff but from my experience it's hard to recommend.

Cool spot in Hyde park with surrounding restaurants and Kensington gardens. Awesome that two tube stations a stones throw away. Staff young and vibrant. Wifi ordinary. Bed ridiculously squeaky! Liked the facilities and atmosphere. Would recommend for a genuinely overall good place to stay.

I live in a 8 beds mixed dorm. The bed is nearly broken. They make horrible sounds if you just move a little bit when you are lying on the bed.

It was a very nice place, clean, very good staff, and awesome location. I'd certainly recommend the place!

Excellent hostel, the best I have ever stayed at in London. The staff are lovely and friendly, the atmosphere is absolutely fantastic and the facilities are all great. The kitchen is also a big plus. Would definitely recommend.

I really loved that hostel, it is perfect! The young staff from all over the world was friendly and always happy to help. The room was nice and clean just like the bathrooms and the kitchen. It was a challenge to carry our luggage up to the 5th/4th floor though... The kitchen has everything you need and I liked the breakfast. You will find everything you need near the hostel like supermarkets, fastfood, pubs, the tube and the beautiful Hyde Park of course.

• 28th Mar 2015

Very nice and helpful staff, facilities are very fresh for the price!! Beds were also comfortabe and room temperature very good!

The staff was very friendly. I was the first time in London and I got a lot of advices. Very close to two tube stations. It's located in a nice quiet area. Unfortunately no lift and there are 4 floors. Will come again :-)

• 27th Mar 2015
  • Switzerland

Great staff, comfy clean beds and bathrooms, friendly communal areas. Would recommend

The Hostel was great for the value. It has a good location right by two stations for the tube. There may be a slight rat problem but didn't notice. Clean sheets and overall good stay. Luggage store after checking out was excelllent.

Awesome hostel! Great friendly and helpful staff, perfect location - home away from home!

• 24th Mar 2015

Nice hostel. I spend 6 nights there. Very good location. Two tube stations nearby. Toilets were fine. Always clean. The breakfast was very good. I would come back for sure.

Clean, good kitchen, wifi working, perfect location, good value for ££. Mattresses could be somewhat better and firmer. Also should get at least a couple of cats for the hostel ;)

• 22nd Mar 2015
  • Slovakia

We stayed in room 115. The room window was stuck and the entire night we had to keep our door ajar as there was no ventilation and it was so hot. This was really unsafe for us and we had a sleepless night. Also, the check out time should be at noon. Also, the website should mention that there is no lift in the building. Climbing up what seem to be over 100 steps with our luggage was just painfull.

• 20th Mar 2015
  • India

I really liked the hostel, the location was excellent and it was very easy to go anywhere in the city centre. What I didn't like about how the bathroom door and the beds were extremely squeaky - I'm a light sleeper so if I hadn't had ear plugs I wouldn't have been able to sleep at all. Other than this, I was very happy with my stay at Gallery Hyde Park. The staff were extremely nice and helpful!

Excellent location and helpful staff. Would stay again, but worth mentioning is that the room was not properly cleaned when we checked in. Common room area is very small. I know the kitchen serves as a combined kitchen/common area but still...

I had a great stay! I met lots of great people who were also staying there, and the staff was such a great bunch of people! Always happy and helpful! Just which I could keep traveling for a bit longer!

• 17th Mar 2015
  • Sweden

Clean sheets, clean toilets, nice staff. Relatively new hostel. Breakfast quite poor - muesli and toast, no juices, no fruits, no cheese, but it seems to be quite common in UK hostels. I would recommend it.