Gallery Hyde Park Reviews

23 Inverness Terrace, London, England

Nice place and friendly people! Luggage room and reception are too high though, if you have a large and heavy suitcase.

Great hostel, the staff were really helpful and the location was ideal, round the corner from both Queensway or Bayswater tube station so it was really easy to get round the city.

location was very good. BUT other than that... everything was below average. THINK TWICE if you are thinking of going here.

• 9th Jul 2014
  • South Korea

Great location. Walking distance through Hyde Park to central London. Great Pubs nearby. Metro is very close. Staff was excellent! It was clean. A bit expensive for what it is, but all accommodation in London is expensive.

Excellent went to watch the libertines gig and stayed there it was ace staff very friendly :D

Simple dorm. No coverings on Windows which were open to the main street so v noisy and bright. Location is awesome and for that reason is a great place to stay. Shower was a bit gross but not on a timer and good hot water. Kitchen/dining was tiny but good breakfast. Common room not very big. Great food/restaurant strip really close.

A pretty well located place and regardless the distance between the hostel and the city centre, it was very easy to move

Good place to stay, good wifi but kinda smelly room. Most probably because there was no ventilation in the room. So it was kinda stuffy for London's hot weather. I wouldn't blame it on the management for that. Too little toilet for too many of us so had to wait for a long time for one. The toilet also isn't in the best condition; kinda bad smell but most probably cause too many people had to share one. Overall acceptable and would recommend it.

My second time in gallery hyde Park was not good, but only because of the new staff that is incredibly rude and nasty. Other wise I love that hostel and will always choose it!

I stayed here for one night. The room was very clean and had a nice view of the street. The neighborhood was perfect, no security related problems at all. The staff were nice and helpful. I would recommend this place ☺️

Had a great time there for one week. The location was perfect,, the underground is just around the corner, breakfast perfect and lovely staff! Thank you

• 28th Jun 2014

Could have done with a bit of a clean and also shower facilities in our room could do with being repaired, overall good value for money

One of the few showers was broken when I visited. I had to go down 4 floors to have a shower. The staff barely speaks English. The stairs felt like they were going to fall in soon. The breakfast was just cereal and bread. The bedding was clean and comfortable but the room was not cleaned well.

• 25th Jun 2014

A lot of sunlight in the room in the morning, and lights during the night. A lot of noise as well. Floor very dirty and bathroom clogged. Staff get in the room without knock in the door. I asked 2 months before I arrive for the same room of my friends and they said it's ok, but they relocate me to another room in another floor.

It was alright considering I was just there for the weekend. When I booked my room online, it said it was a single private room with a shared bathroom. When I got there, I noticed I was charged for a double and went to talk to the staff. Turns out they do not have single private rooms, however staff willingly refunded me the difference between the single and the double. I appreciated their effort in doing so.

• 19th Jun 2014

Great hostel!! They are located only a few steps from: the underground (Bayswater and Queensway), two famous markets (Sainsbury and Tesco), Starbucks, Boots and very close to Hyde Park, Natural History Museum and Science Museum. The staff is awesome, very polite and solicitous. My only two complaints are: they have a very bureaucratic system for choice of rooms, that may displace you and your friends; and the breakfast is poor. But the positives are greater!

• 18th Jun 2014

I'm not the hostel's usual clientele, but came to book this hostel as a single woman travelling to London for business last minute, and not keen to pay £300 for a city centre hotel room! I It was small, and a bit shabby, but it was clean and the en suite was fine. The hostel was well located less than 5 mins from the tube, mostly on a busy, well lit street and lots of restaraunts etc nearby. The reception was open 24/7 and breakfast inc bread and cereals and kitchen facilities.

• 17th Jun 2014

They have a long way to be a good hostel...

Nice hostal, friendly staff. Rooms very basic and small but fine for what we wanted. Were helpful with us having such a large group.

• 14th Jun 2014

This was the worst place I have ever stayed at. The staff, while friendly, we're clearly very young. There was extremely loud music constantly being blasted through speakers so you could barely hear anything. At night they all got together and drank, making the "common space" feel more like a freshman year of college party (awkward, loud, and dirty). My room was at the very to and was so hot it was unbearable., the shower didn't work, and there was mold on my bread at breakfast.

• 14th Jun 2014