Gallery Hyde Park Reviews

23 Inverness Terrace, London, England

Extremely pleasant staff, always ready to help you. The atmosphere was great, with a lot of young people talking and having fun in the common room. It is 30 minutes walk from the Buckingham Palace and all the other sights. 5 minutes from Noting Hill. They also provide the lockers for your things, and the breakfast is nice. If I am to go to London again, this is where I would be staying. The only bad thing was that the hot water wasnt available at all times. Big like for the hostel, though! :))

• 18th Apr 2014
  • Serbia

Wifi in your rooms was nice and free breakfast. Location is terrible, very far from the action of the city. Staff was nice except they gave me bad info about catching public transport to the airport and I nearly missed my flight on their account.

The worst hostel i ve ever been. Very small room with no wardrobes or anything, only a bed. Not housekeping service at all. One day we did not have hot water and the shared bathroom was disgusting. One night the fire alarm started ringing at 04.00am with none aparent reason. In general the value for money is really low. The worst experience in a hotel / hostel i ever had.

• 16th Apr 2014
  • Spain

Great location close to two tube stations, nice atmosphere but did not seem overly secure and generally failed in all things OH

Off duty staff are always hanging round in the common area making it awkward and taking up the facilities

• 10th Apr 2014

The dorm room I checked into was having an awful smell, so had to change in the late night since it was giving me a headache. Staff wasn't friendly I asked for an extra pillow since the one I have got I wouldn't even call it a pillow, it was about half inch high, but the staff told me that there weren't any pillows available even though she had told me just before that the hostel was only half booked for the night. Very bad service. Dirty room and wifi wasn't working for my 4 days I slept there.

• 10th Apr 2014
  • Sweden

Nice place, friendly staff, very clean. 8 bed female dorm was extremely overcrowded though with nowhere for 8 people to put their suitcases

Great hostel, but it needs some improvements, in our room the bathroom had a very bad shower, the internet was down for the first few days of our stay and some belongings were stolen from other guests sharing the room with us. The location is very central and te hostel has a good price!

• 9th Apr 2014
  • Portugal

I thought the hostel was rather unclean. The shower facilities were poor. I had to take a shower with a broken shower head and only freezing cold water or burning hot water. . Internet was weak in most spots and sometimes did not work. I have stayed in quite a few hostels, and I'm not asking for much besides a decent shower!

• 9th Apr 2014

Great place. The beds were not good and the cleaning was bad. The staff was cool!

• 5th Apr 2014
  • Denmark

Very clean! but so many stairssss

Smelly toilets in ensuite room.

I enjoyed my stay at this hostel. It's clean and at great location. However, it will be better if the hostel had one or two public computers for the guests!

• 3rd Apr 2014
  • Taiwan

Awesome place. Really good location.

Overall not a bad place considering what I paid. Location was a plus as you are extremely close to two different tube lines, also a lot of ethnic restaurants in the surrounding area. Atmosphere isn't great if you are looking for a place to meet other travelers, it seemed a lot of the locals looking for work had made the hostel their semi-permanent home. Breakfast was average (toast and cereal), rooms were small and not super clean but not disgusting either.

Good location.

I was really impressed. The staff were relaxed and friendly, the room and bathroom were kept clean, it wasn't noisy at night, even at the weekend, and the other guests were lovely. I'm not from very far away and was only staying in London to avoid daily train fares so I will definitely be booking again the next time I need to be in London. I'm only sad that you only take guests up to 35 as I only have another 5 years to go!

• 1st Apr 2014

Pretty nice and clean place. Staff were friendly. Area really close to metro and a street full of restaurants

Very good location, helpful staff, cleanliness... One of the best hostels I stayed in Europe so far...

One employee was lazy to ask to cleaning team about my things that was lost. The room toilet was extremely dirty and smelling. The other things was ok.