Gallery Hyde Park Reviews

23 Inverness Terrace, London, England

There were mice in every room - the personnel only told us about the problem in the kitchen and living room when we confronted them with a mouse running through our bedroom. I asked several other people that stayed there and they said they had some in their romms as well - up to the 5th floor. I am pretty sure they are very aware of the problem as they did not look very surprised when I told them. That's why I think that the problem will not be solved very soon if ever.

I had a wonderful stay and would definitely recommend it! It's located 2 minutes from the Park and right by the hostel there are lots of buses and the tube to get around. To see the museums in Kensington you can even walk! My room was ensuite which is really convienient, but there are also lots of other showers and bathrooms around. The staff is awesome! They made me feel very welcome and organized some really cool events. Free wifi everywhere and good, big bunk-beds! Thanks again to Ana & Dia!

• 12th Feb 2015
  • Switzerland

The hostel was very nice. They were doing lots of renovations im sure it will be even better when they are done! The location is in a nice area right next to Hyde park and an easy 20-30 min underground ride from most major things. Everything was very clean, the only downside was that they don't have individual lockers in the room; the only had one large luggage room downstairs.

• 12th Feb 2015

Location right next to Hyde park and the Queensway tube stop. Staff was great! Had a the bedperson with ensuite, which was actually a bunkbed with a double and single bed. Pretty cramped- but overall good stay.

• 7th Feb 2015

I traveled with one other person, and we stayed in a 6 person mixed room. My bed was mediocre, but her bed was very uncomfortable. The WiFi is absolutely non-existant for residents. Someone said that you could atleast get WiFi on the first floor...not true. My room was on the first floor and I never once could connect. The breakfast is basically just toast and cereal, but that is to be expected. Location is great...but I was pretty unhappy with being lied to about the WiFi and bad beds.

Internet did not work for 3 out of our 4 days there. You cant get into the building unless the 24 hour reception buzzes you in. They left my friend stranded out there in the middle of the night for about half an hour one time. The house itself is nice and theres a lot of new things but there aren't quite enough showers and the lockers tiny and they're all the way down in the basement by reception.

Room was very small but lovely staff and facilities

I liked the front desk, which always had someone to open the door and ask questions to. There were also a lot of things you could buy from them (earplugs, towel, adapter), which was fantastic.

• 29th Jan 2015

The staff was really nice, but I do have one criticism and some suggestions to make. When it was quiet, there were lots of mices running across the kitchen. I'm not crazy about cleanliness but I'd rather skip the free breakfast after I saw that. I have two suggestions to improve the bedrooms. If the beds were a bit higher it would be possible to place large luggages below it. Also it would be nice to have power outlets close to each bed.

coffee at breakfast was hella nasty, but it was a nice hostel with friendly staff, comfy but squeaky beds.

• 28th Jan 2015

People are kind. The blonde staff is very lovely and nice. Free breakfast is really good. The only bad point is that there is no ventilation system in the room, so when the window is closed, air can be bad due to the lack of oxygen. Value for money is in any case excellent.

I spent the week here. Had a great time. Everyone was friendly. Internet isn't the greatest, except for on the main floor but it makes you meet new people. It's so close to the tube too.

I had a very good time there, everyone was friendly. The area around the hostel is so beautiful. There are lots of busses, so it is easy to travel around and come back late in the evening.

Great hostel. Fun, clean, helpful staff, lovely location. Definitely recommend.

• 17th Jan 2015

The hostel should inform about the absurd number of stairs to the upper bedrooms - five floors is a long way up with two gigantic suitcases! Had some problems with the shower in our bedroom - some days the water was cold and in others we couldn't use it because it was leaking in the room below us. Also, only one bathroom in a room for 8 women is not enough.

Wifi was atrocious and the shower wasn't ideal. Otherwise a pleasant stay.

• 16th Jan 2015

Location is excellent, right next to a tube stop and very near to Hyde Park. The hostel was experiencing hot water issues during my stay but they resolved them as promptly as possible. Breakfast is a standard continental.

The hostel is pretty close to Queensway underground (less than 5 min walk) which is great. One of the windows in our room (4 bed mix) wasn't completely closing so we asked the staff help and they immediately solved the situation. I don't know if it's a general thing but the bunk beds in our room weren't very stable and they creaked everytime someone moved.The breakfast is ok, unless you are vegan which leaves you with toast and tea (there isn't fruit or juice) and there's only 2 public bathrooms

• 13th Jan 2015
  • Portugal

My friend and I have stayed at Gallery Hyde Park for three nights. The hostel is not right in the city center but it takes only about 10minutes by subway to get there. Location is still very, very nice as there are heaps of restaurants and many pubs just around the corner. Staff is excellent! All of them are extremely friendly and helpful - even at 4am. We would highly recommend this hostel even though there are a few issues like a not proper closing window. But hey: It is a hostel so all good!

I do like thevstaying in this hostel,clean with good atmosphere and lots of friendly people.