Gallery Hyde Park Reviews

23 Inverness Terrace, London, England

The staff were friendly. The hostel is located a block off from a vibrant restaurant district and a block from Hyde Park. Easy access by bus lines and underground. Visitors were hanging out in the lounge watching movies, shooting billiards, and playing cards. Cool place. It could upgrade its bathroom/shower on the first floor. But it was clean and worked fine.

I had no issues with my stay. Staff were nice, other women in my dorm were nice and hostel is nice and close to Hyde Park and Underground which is great.

Amazing location , huge kitchen, friendly staff. Beds were very shaky but still comfortable, not enough bathrooms and they were not so clean but bearable.

We had really amazing stay there, people from staff were so kind and helped us a lot. The location is also very good. The only thing that we didn't like was that doors to the bathroom were broken and it was impossible to close them so you got no privacy while having a shower. We solved it with hanging a towel on the door but still it would be useful if they repair it. But everything else was just great! :)

• 26th Jul 2014
  • Czech Republic

Staff were wonderful, very friendly and helpful, atmosphere was good. Had a good pub crawl available, that unfortunately we couldn't get to. The door in our room to the bathroom was broken however, so made it difficult to shower and have privacy, the public toilet seat in the hostel was not there, the other toilet/shower facility was not working and the final shower to shower in was not as clean and the drain was blocked in the shower.

• 26th Jul 2014

Bathrooms are extremely small and ventilation is far away from enough. Bunk beds are really noisy but mattresses are comfortable. The most careful stuff I have ever seen was working here. Breakfast is over average. Rooms are under level and there are two rooms in basement. Shower facility of one of these rooms is broken. Kitchen is also in basement so whenever someone cooks something everywhere smells bad. You can use adapters, locks ect. with deposit so you do not have to buy them.

Excellent location., you can easily go anywhere from there. The staff is wonderful helping to buy tickets and even making flight check-ins. The breakfast is simple, but delicious. My complain is about the price. Since we wanted a ensuite double bed room, we paid almost a price of regular Hotel (days later we got a sale in a good hotel in the neighborhood for the same price). Additionally, there was no chanhe of bed sheets or anyroom cleanness during the 6 nights..

• 22nd Jul 2014

Good location, but no lockers to store valuables in room (lady at the desk said they usually store them in lockers at reception but they ran out and the lockers were all taken) so had to leave them un secured in my room. Other than that no complaints :)

Great location and staff!.. Great experience! Pity about girls that we shared with bringing back people to the hostel room but otherwise an enjoyable trip :)

Front door had electric lock though looked as though it could be (and had been previously) kicked in, room mates left bedroom door cracked open though I woke up with all my belongings, good location right next to Hyde Park, staff were amazing, bathrooms cleaned daily though not enough bathrooms to share, decent price. Would stay again.

great staff working reception, very helpful and nice!

• 15th Jul 2014

the water pressure of my shower was extremely poor, however to wash my hair I simply went to a downstairs communal one instead which was amazing. The staff were very apologetic when I was checking out and assured me it would be fixed asap. lots of stairs, lockers only at reception.

Great location but hot stuffy, small rooms

• 12th Jul 2014

Great hostal, very clean, friendly staff and nice chilled atmosphere. Stayed when attending a concert in Hyde Park so location was ideal for us. Would definitely stay here again.

Nice place and friendly people! Luggage room and reception are too high though, if you have a large and heavy suitcase.

Great hostel, the staff were really helpful and the location was ideal, round the corner from both Queensway or Bayswater tube station so it was really easy to get round the city.

location was very good. BUT other than that... everything was below average. THINK TWICE if you are thinking of going here.

• 9th Jul 2014
  • South Korea

Great location. Walking distance through Hyde Park to central London. Great Pubs nearby. Metro is very close. Staff was excellent! It was clean. A bit expensive for what it is, but all accommodation in London is expensive.

Excellent went to watch the libertines gig and stayed there it was ace staff very friendly :D

Simple dorm. No coverings on Windows which were open to the main street so v noisy and bright. Location is awesome and for that reason is a great place to stay. Shower was a bit gross but not on a timer and good hot water. Kitchen/dining was tiny but good breakfast. Common room not very big. Great food/restaurant strip really close.