Gallery Hyde Park Reviews

23 Inverness Terrace, London, England

I enjoyed my stay at this hostel. It's clean and at great location. However, it will be better if the hostel had one or two public computers for the guests!

• 3rd Apr 2014
  • Taiwan

Awesome place. Really good location.

Overall not a bad place considering what I paid. Location was a plus as you are extremely close to two different tube lines, also a lot of ethnic restaurants in the surrounding area. Atmosphere isn't great if you are looking for a place to meet other travelers, it seemed a lot of the locals looking for work had made the hostel their semi-permanent home. Breakfast was average (toast and cereal), rooms were small and not super clean but not disgusting either.

Good location.

I was really impressed. The staff were relaxed and friendly, the room and bathroom were kept clean, it wasn't noisy at night, even at the weekend, and the other guests were lovely. I'm not from very far away and was only staying in London to avoid daily train fares so I will definitely be booking again the next time I need to be in London. I'm only sad that you only take guests up to 35 as I only have another 5 years to go!

• 1st Apr 2014

Pretty nice and clean place. Staff were friendly. Area really close to metro and a street full of restaurants

Very good location, helpful staff, cleanliness... One of the best hostels I stayed in Europe so far...

One employee was lazy to ask to cleaning team about my things that was lost. The room toilet was extremely dirty and smelling. The other things was ok.

The staff was really nice and polite. They we're always ready to help you out. Also the location was great! Its right next to hyde park and a clean neighbourhood. The room was basic but fine. It was a quiet hostel, so you can sleep well there. I would definitely go back there. The building itself is amazing.

• 21st Mar 2014

The location of the Hostel is excellent, close to Bayswater and Queensway underground stations, geting you access to Central, District and Circle lines. It is also close to the Kensington Park, a nice place to walk in the morning. There are various takeaways and supermarkets nearby. Room access w/ card, luggage room and lockers. Mattress and pillow were OK, but the bed did quite a lot of noise when you moved, which is kind of a problem in a 10bed room. Shower w/ mouldy curtains, not so clean.

the bed was really hard. the window and curtain didn't close so it was really loud and bright in the morning. there was no door to the shower so water got everywhere.

• 21st Mar 2014

The hostel was very clean, the rooms pretty big and the staff was friendly. Ok free breakfast. The only problem was the small number of bathrooms - one for over 16 people. But would still come back!

I only stayed for a few hours since I had last minute event that cope up. Location is very near to the tube which I like, so getting around london is very easy. However, the cleanliness of the carpet in rooms need to improve. The bed also squeal when u move around. Washroom is surprising fine for a hostel but small. Overall experience is fine provided that I booked for two days and only stayed a few hours.

Really value for money. Near two underground stations and paddington train station. Very accessible to any part of London. One of the most cheapest hostel in london. I absolutely recommend it!

Gallery was an awesome hostel to stay at! To start with, the hostel is in a superb location right near 2 tube stations and a bus stop. The staff were awesome and went above and beyond to ensure the guests had a great time, as well as this reception was 24hr so there was always someone to help you out. The kitchen and common area were also great places to meet other guests and had a friendly atmosphere. The rooms were cleaned every day and were well maintained. Thank you Gallery for a great stay!

Everything else at this hostel was brilliant and a lot better than we originally expected, except for the cleanliness of the room. The floor and mattresses were not vacuumed (wasn't too bad though), and there were random, really dodgy-looking dark brown stains on the shelves that came off with a damp tissue. Also the sink drain in the bathroom was clogged. :( We still enjoyed our stay and I would definitely recommend this hostel to friends, special thanks to the lovely staff! :) xx

• 28th Feb 2014
  • Finland

Its bad. the location is quite far off the center, the facilities none, the bathrooms dirty. we stayed at a 8-bed female dorm, it was quite small and the shared bathroom was really dirty, even before it was used by others in the morning. Our room was at the top floor so it required walking 4 levels of stairs everyday, along the narrow staircases. Breakfast was included; that was perhaps the only merit of this place. Wifi was on and off, not received well in the rooms. All in all NOT recommended.

The location just off Hyde Park is definitely perfect and I also appreciated that our bathroom has obviously been cleaned every day. Anyway, I lacked a relaxed and international atmosphere. It seemed to me that the majority of guests were British teenagers, me and my boyfriend (aged 27 and not party animals) actually felt quite old there and did not find anyone to socialize. Breakfast was decent but sufficient, anyway, the dining room is actually quite small and was overcrowded every morning.

Good location, really easy to find. 24 hour reception. The main issues I had were the beds were unbelievable creaky and uncomfortable. The room and bathrooms were always dirty, not sure how often they were actually cleaned. The toilet seat wasn't attached to the actual toilet (??).

It was really dirty, the bathroom (we had an en-suite one), the carpets etc.