Gallery Hyde Park Reviews

23 Inverness Terrace, London, England

The toilets were dirty and clogged too easily. If the cleaniness of the toilets are important to you, this lodging should be your last choice.

Good location, near central station, good breakfast with cereal, bread, milk, tea, ham and cheese. Room so small and a bit messy. The lockers inside the room were bad located. I had to go through a bunk to use the locker witch was located between the wall and the bunk.

I enjoyed my stay here. The building was beautiful and the staff was awesome. I don't think the bathroom was cleaned the whole time we stayed and it was out of paper towels after the first day.

• 15th May 2014

The private room was tiny and so was the ensuite bathroom. There is very little room for maneuver. The room is generally clean but it's very much in need of renovation. And the common room is right on top of our room and it can get pretty noisy at night. Plus, the walls are quite think that we can hear all the doors closing loudly. Staff and facilities provided are fine but I think quite expensive considering they don't provide towels or shower amenities for a private room. The location is great

Great location near two tube stations. Had a private shower in the room that didn't work. The shower was fixed by night two though which was nice. Friendly and helpful staff!

GREAT location! Near to two train stops (Queensway and Bayswater) Close to all types of restaurants and some souvenir stores! The only bad thing I can say about this hostel is that there are no elevators. So if you're on the 4 floor or something, get ready to hike up some stairs! But other than that, GREAT staff, kitchen, living room, LAUNDRY! I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here!!

The shroom was not very clean and I am not very happy with with the lock up room for the main luggage. It Is located up 1 floor from reception and everyone gets a key when they checkin, so we kept our bags in our room locked with a cable lock. Although there is some bad to point out, there is good as we'll. the staff although not the most professional atmosphere definitely are caring nice individuals. We went on a pub crawl and got separated right away, almost immediately were found by host :).

Really good location , but too many stairs and no lockers in the rooms.

Great location, very close to Kensington Gardens. I stayed in a 4 person dorm in the basement which had not curtain on the window so people in the kitchen were able to see right in. One of the bunk beds did not have a safety rail an the other didn't have a ladder. When the people above us showered our ceiling dripped. Mattresses are very old and in need of replacement. No lockers or cupboards in room. Very close to food outlets and supermarkets.

It's a nice old house with beautiful rooms. It isn't in best conditions, but we liked it. The rooms are small and have an own bathroom (for 6). Breakfast was good and bigger than in other hostels. The beds are a bit too soft and make a lot of noises. In a 6 bedroom isn't this a big Problem. Staff was polite and helpful. The hostel is situated very near to Kensington Garden. Perfekt for jogging in the Morning!!! :)

The gallery was a great hostel! Very clean and the staff we so friendly! The room was a little bit small but for the price I'm definitely not complaining! Would stay here again for sure!

Nice and calm

Found the gallery good for my first time in a hostel. I do believe the staff were a little average however. Overall for affordability and location it's not a bad hostel.

Lots of stairs, but wonderful kitchen with gas stove

Extremely pleasant staff, always ready to help you. The atmosphere was great, with a lot of young people talking and having fun in the common room. It is 30 minutes walk from the Buckingham Palace and all the other sights. 5 minutes from Noting Hill. They also provide the lockers for your things, and the breakfast is nice. If I am to go to London again, this is where I would be staying. The only bad thing was that the hot water wasnt available at all times. Big like for the hostel, though! :))

• 18th Apr 2014
  • Serbia

Wifi in your rooms was nice and free breakfast. Location is terrible, very far from the action of the city. Staff was nice except they gave me bad info about catching public transport to the airport and I nearly missed my flight on their account.

The worst hostel i ve ever been. Very small room with no wardrobes or anything, only a bed. Not housekeping service at all. One day we did not have hot water and the shared bathroom was disgusting. One night the fire alarm started ringing at 04.00am with none aparent reason. In general the value for money is really low. The worst experience in a hotel / hostel i ever had.

• 16th Apr 2014
  • Spain

Great location close to two tube stations, nice atmosphere but did not seem overly secure and generally failed in all things OH

Off duty staff are always hanging round in the common area making it awkward and taking up the facilities

• 10th Apr 2014

The dorm room I checked into was having an awful smell, so had to change in the late night since it was giving me a headache. Staff wasn't friendly I asked for an extra pillow since the one I have got I wouldn't even call it a pillow, it was about half inch high, but the staff told me that there weren't any pillows available even though she had told me just before that the hostel was only half booked for the night. Very bad service. Dirty room and wifi wasn't working for my 4 days I slept there.

• 10th Apr 2014