Gallery Hyde Park Reviews

23 Inverness Terrace, London, England

A bit out of the way for what you pay but fun building in a quiet part of town and some truly AWESOME staff

It was a good hostel, but I would recommend having some guidelines regarding quiet hours - it was a little hard to sleep with the partying going on late into the night. Additionally, the wifi is extremely slow. It wasn't a big deal for me, but for people who need wifi during their stay, that could be a problem. Other than that, it was fantastic. I particularly like the 24-hour reception and the fact that all of the staff is extremely helpful and friendly. Thanks for a great stay!

Dirty and noisy!! Room without any comfort : no coat rack, no closet, no armoire, not even a coat-hanger. In the bathroom, the toilet bowl was dirty ; shower without door, no bath mat, clogged sink. A party has held on the kitchen, just below our room, late into night, loud music was played and people was very noisy, despite our requests.

• 8th May 2015

This hostel is absolutely amazing. The people hear are absolutely beautiful, they are so friendly and nice. The showers and beds are exactly what you would expect coming into this place. If you have any dramas the staff will definitely help you without a doubt. The kitchen is a really good size to be able to cook and do your dishes or just hang out.

This hostel had the potential to be really cool but needs some work. Firstly more toilets are definitely needed, I checked in on a Tuesday and at first there was no problem getting in to use the bathroom but as the weekend approached they were always full. Saturday there was a line of 4 people waiting in the hall. The staff are friendly but a bit hands off. The hostel was fine but the facilities provided (kitchen space and bathrooms)cannot accommodate the amount of people checked in.

Hostel wasn't too bad; my main complaint is the serious lack of bathrooms in comparison to the size of the hostel and their lack of toilet paper. Getting a chance to use the bathrooms and showers was very difficult and there was definitely a line formed around 9:00am for the restroom. Also there was often no toilet paper and never any hand soap available(which is plain gross, they should provide it).

i love this hostel, it was very friendly&fun,made me feel like i was at home as i am travelling alone.

• 3rd May 2015

I had a bad experience: they messed up my reservation, the wifi doesn't work properly, several showers were broken, the others were dirty, no security in the so called luggage room, a loooooot of stairs no elevator, the staff is nice but a bit leazy and confused (need more training). I won't recommend this place

Great location and ambiance. Relax atmosphere.

I booked an all women's room and was placed in a mixed dorm. I picked the hostel over others because it offered all women's rooms. Otherwise my visit was very pleasant

• 30th Apr 2015

Everything was excellent but just beds was making a lot of noise in rooms. Maybe you can change :)

The Good: The 20-bed room was pretty bright which I preferred but I can understand if light sleepers would get annoyed. Location was great, very close to the tube and I enjoyed going to the park and renting a bicycle a day for £2. Staff was friendly and helpful. The Bad: Breakfast is included which I thought was a great thing at first, but then around midnight on the 3rd night I saw RATS running around the kitchen. Bathroom on 1 of the floors was out of order and drains are always clogged.

The inn is quite dirty and not pleasant at all + expensive

• 25th Apr 2015

The place is pretty nice. There is a Wii and lots of games to play. Breakfast is free and decent: cereal and toast as always. 3 minute walk to Hyde park and 2 minute walk to tube station. Good books place right across from station and a Sainsbury next door so hostel is in a prime location.

Friendly staff but very noisy! Got no sleep due to hearing people in other rooms or outside not sure where the noise was coming from also the people sharing the room were not very considerate in being loud, opening and closing the doors, having friends knocking on the door, turning on and off he lights etc, the bathrooms were okay to the fact it was a shower and toilet cubicle rather than a row of showers and separate toilets but they were very small and hard to get changed and ready in.

• 24th Apr 2015
  • New Zealand

Thanks to the amazing staff ! I had a great time with you all.

• 24th Apr 2015
  • Belgium

I stayed for 7 days and It was a good experience, our unique problem was about cleanliness of the toilets. Maybe they don't do it every day. or maybe it was about the leak of sewage that occurred in the last days, but after we complained about it they changed us from a higher room that smelled better!

Good staff. Clean hostel. Would return.

We stayed here for 3 nights. Rooms and bathrooms were clean and well kept. We had read some reviews beforehand which talked about squeaky beds which turned out to be true but it wasn't really a problem since the only time it came up was when people were shuffling around in the room anyway. Some of the mattresses were newer and therefore more comfortable! ;) The location was amazing! So close to the tube and it took no time at all to get to and from everything we wanted to see/do in London.

• 22nd Apr 2015

We really enjoyed our stay there. Room and public areas were clean and the staff was very helpful! :)