Gallery Hyde Park Reviews

23 Inverness Terrace, London, England

The hostel was very clean, the rooms pretty big and the staff was friendly. Ok free breakfast. The only problem was the small number of bathrooms - one for over 16 people. But would still come back!

I only stayed for a few hours since I had last minute event that cope up. Location is very near to the tube which I like, so getting around london is very easy. However, the cleanliness of the carpet in rooms need to improve. The bed also squeal when u move around. Washroom is surprising fine for a hostel but small. Overall experience is fine provided that I booked for two days and only stayed a few hours.

Really value for money. Near two underground stations and paddington train station. Very accessible to any part of London. One of the most cheapest hostel in london. I absolutely recommend it!

Gallery was an awesome hostel to stay at! To start with, the hostel is in a superb location right near 2 tube stations and a bus stop. The staff were awesome and went above and beyond to ensure the guests had a great time, as well as this reception was 24hr so there was always someone to help you out. The kitchen and common area were also great places to meet other guests and had a friendly atmosphere. The rooms were cleaned every day and were well maintained. Thank you Gallery for a great stay!

Everything else at this hostel was brilliant and a lot better than we originally expected, except for the cleanliness of the room. The floor and mattresses were not vacuumed (wasn't too bad though), and there were random, really dodgy-looking dark brown stains on the shelves that came off with a damp tissue. Also the sink drain in the bathroom was clogged. :( We still enjoyed our stay and I would definitely recommend this hostel to friends, special thanks to the lovely staff! :) xx

• 28th Feb 2014
  • Finland

Its bad. the location is quite far off the center, the facilities none, the bathrooms dirty. we stayed at a 8-bed female dorm, it was quite small and the shared bathroom was really dirty, even before it was used by others in the morning. Our room was at the top floor so it required walking 4 levels of stairs everyday, along the narrow staircases. Breakfast was included; that was perhaps the only merit of this place. Wifi was on and off, not received well in the rooms. All in all NOT recommended.

The location just off Hyde Park is definitely perfect and I also appreciated that our bathroom has obviously been cleaned every day. Anyway, I lacked a relaxed and international atmosphere. It seemed to me that the majority of guests were British teenagers, me and my boyfriend (aged 27 and not party animals) actually felt quite old there and did not find anyone to socialize. Breakfast was decent but sufficient, anyway, the dining room is actually quite small and was overcrowded every morning.

Good location, really easy to find. 24 hour reception. The main issues I had were the beds were unbelievable creaky and uncomfortable. The room and bathrooms were always dirty, not sure how often they were actually cleaned. The toilet seat wasn't attached to the actual toilet (??).

It was really dirty, the bathroom (we had an en-suite one), the carpets etc.

Fantastic place to stay! Great location and excellent staff! Definitely value for money! Perfect for a group of people and young people, the atmosphere is great!

Bathroom sink was clogged and it was a challenge to take a proper shower because of the low waterpressure. But the sink was fixed soon after we had spoken to the staff, not much to do about the waterpressure when you are in such an old building at the top floor. The pillows were hard as rocks and offered little rest. But as they say; You get what you pay for, and i got a place to sleep at and somewhere to put my stuff while i was out :)

• 20th Feb 2014
  • Sweden

The hostel is in a great location, really close to a tube station and right off of Hyde Park. The beds were pretty comfortable and the building is nice, but the bathroom was so dirty. Our sink was clogged (as in if you turned on the taps at all, the water just sat in the basin). One girl staying in our room said that she had stayed there about three weeks ago, and it had been the exact same problem. The bathrooms definitely were not cleaned every day. Pretty good value for London.

Good location, near to Queensway station and Hyde Park, easy to get around. There's no need to be identified when ringing the hostel, which is a little insecure (anybody can get inside), since the rooms' doors are often left open. There aren't lockers for the bags, although there are lockers for valuable things. The bathroom often gets flooded, you are lucky to get it dry and good to use. The breakfast is pretty decent, and the rooms are ok.

Good location, very close to Hyde Park and the Tube. Free breakfast and tea and coffee in the morning. Nice clean room, warm sheets. Would come back!

i really enjoyed my stay! the staff was very welcoming and helpful, the rooms were bright- the beds not the best. they have a little kitchen, which is great to save money or to pimp up the very standard breakfast. the eating room is in the basement, which is sad, cause upstairs are some amazing rooms. the commun room i huge and bright- very cosy. the prices are appropiate. you can walk to portobello rd and hyde park is around the corner.

Very very loud! Which made it very hard to sleep. I know hostels are meant to be sociable, and i expected noise in the evening, but this was shouting and doors slamming until 4am, a little extreme! No idea if that typical of this place, just my experience.

• 15th Feb 2014

no chair, no sink, no mirror, no kettle, no curtains /blinds. EXTREMELY TINY room. door almost banged at my bed when i opened it. found an INSECT right on my BED when i arrived. AWFUL HYGIENE. small small smaaaaaall toilet. (better if there can be one toilet per floor.) LOTS of noise outside even at night. very basic breakfast. the only good thing is its location, just a 1-min walk from kensington gardens, 3-min walk from Queensway station and about 25 mins to the Royal Albert Hall.

Went here with a group of girls for a night out in London. Very easy to get to on the tube and find on foot, however after the tubes stop it is a costly cab ride from the centre of town (leicester sq). The room was clean, had an en-suite with was also very clean. Onl negative was one of our group was ill and couldn't come and they insisted on us paying for her bed until we sited our statutory rights and they backed off. Security was good - key cards that you pay a deposit for.

Nice location, lots of stairs to climb with luggage. At night the toilet on ground floor is used by all the people staying outside drinking, even if they're not hostel's guests.

The bad thing was the bathroom. In our case there was only one bathroom with a shower (that wasnt so good) for two rooms of 10 people. And the common toilet and shower is small and everything get wet. The kitchen is a bit small. However, tje hostel is okey for a few nights and well located