Gallery Hyde Park Reviews

23 Inverness Terrace, London, England

A few issues here, mainly the hot water didn't work most of the time I stayed. Cleanliness could have been better, the floors in my room hadn't been vacuumed in a while. Plus the presence of a cockroach was also not particularly appealing. The bathroom tile were also cracked and in very poor condition. The positives - very good location - clean sheets and comfortable beds

• 16th Sep 2014

Well, I arrived in the night, but still...they made me pay £3 more than the internet said without explanation and when I wanted a shower, it was full of water and the shower was cold. But staff was cool and the breakfast nice and the location is easy to find. They have the type of beds where you feel every movement of the other person below or above you.

The hostel is in a great location, lots of bus routes nearby and two tube stations just blocks away. I was staying in an 8-bed female room and it happened to be on the top floor (there are a lot of stairs in this hostel). My room had a toilet and shower ensuite which was great, except the hot water did not work. A few of my roommates had already complained and the staff said that it was because we were on the top floor. Also, there are no lockers in the room. Besides that, the hostel was great.

Excellent all round!

A very nice hostel, in the center of London! The staff is very kind and polite. I'll be back on my next trip See you soon Giampietro

• 12th Sep 2014

The atmosphere was great, the location is perfect and the staff is incredibly nice and helpful. The rooms were good and the free breakfast was always a good start to the day. There are no lifts, so be prepared to carry your stuff, just see it as an exercise ;) I really enjoyed my stay here and I would stay here again.

• 8th Sep 2014

One of the best hostel I've stayed. Great staff very helpful, I needed to get to Luton airport and they gave me very good information, I could print a ticket for the bus, no trouble at all. Location is great!

Gallery Hyde Park is a gem. They are half a block away from Kensington Gardens (right next to Hyde Park), and half a block away from two tube stations that are very convenient. The staff is great, and the guests are super friendly, I made a few good travel friends there. I stayed there twice on my trip, so it was good enough to go back a second time, and I would stay there next time. I liked the breakfasts. Most of the beds are comfy enough (they could do to replace a few of the mattresses).

Prepare to sweat when having breakfast in the basement.

• 4th Sep 2014

Great location, clean, quiet, friendly staff. Could use a few more toilets and curtains in the front room, but otherwise good.

• 4th Sep 2014

Overall ok, staff were the problem, saw guests as an imposition. Generally they were really unprofessional/immature, it was impossible to use the common room as it was dominated by staff and extremely loud music, all day, you would usually be greeted with hostility when you walked in. Every night they would get stoned and drunk, order excessive amounts of takeaway. We resorted to sitting in extremely hot kitchen, kicked out at 11pm by rude staff. Loud rock music at 10am kitchen cleaning F*** OFF

You're going to spend a week in london? If i were in you, I'd choose Gallery Hyde Park!!!

• 2nd Sep 2014

Great place, would recommend to anyone staying in london. Good breakfast, friendly staff, free left luggage, big dorm rooms, absurdly close to hyde park for the price

1 2 3 4 5 Next » last »