Gallery Hyde Park Reviews

23 Inverness Terrace, London, England

My friend and I have stayed at Gallery Hyde Park for three nights. The hostel is not right in the city center but it takes only about 10minutes by subway to get there. Location is still very, very nice as there are heaps of restaurants and many pubs just around the corner. Staff is excellent! All of them are extremely friendly and helpful - even at 4am. We would highly recommend this hostel even though there are a few issues like a not proper closing window. But hey: It is a hostel so all good!

I do like thevstaying in this hostel,clean with good atmosphere and lots of friendly people.

I love the staff here - they are friendly and helpful. One downside is that there are definitely not enough shower facilities, but the beds are comfy and the kitchen facilities pretty good. Having an ensuite shower in the room can be a pain as the fan is really noisy, so if anyone uses the bathroom at night everyone gets woken up. Having said that, I've tried a few hostels in London and this one is definitely one of the best.

The location is excellent and the staff is very friendly. It's a place where you'll surely meet new people! The only negative point was the bed was a bit noise and the mattress very soft. I really recommend it though.

I feel really at home in this hostel and the staff are super cool.

• 5th Jan 2015

I really enjoyed the atmosphere of the hostel as it is specifically tailored to younger travelers. The building is quite nice and the young staff seems to have a close-knit group. They were always watching movies in the common room which was nice for just hanging out. The hostel is close to some interesting places to eat/shop and is near the tube station and Hyde Park. Will be staying there again when I return to London.

They moved reception during my stay m it was sorta inconvenient for travelers w large luggages. Lots of stairs n the reception was move to the basement.

• 1st Jan 2015
  • China

Temperature in the room is not warm enough

Very friendly staff. Easy location to find.

Great location, friendly staff

Run by a fantastic group of twenty somethings (if that) who were always helpful, genuinely seemed pleased to be there, and just delightful. Good and clean. I enjoy the location, on a residential road far enough from a lot of the nightlife, but certainly close enough if that is your idea of fun. Next to underground stations, but we walked literally everywhere. It's exactly what I had hoped for in a hostel. Thanks for a good visit!

very friendly and lovely staff. The cleanliness of the hostel is excellent.

• 19th Dec 2014
  • Malaysia

Fantastic location, short walk to underground and fast food, pubs and restaurants, or a bit of a longer walk to most tourist attractions throughout London. Friendly, helpful staff with a fantastic atmosphere and always something to do! As a single female traveller I always felt safe and secure and would've been happy to ask for help if I needed it. If I'm ever in London again I will choose the Gallery Hyde Park, they gave me an awesome experience for a very reasonable cost. Highly recommended!

Such an awesome place! The staff are great, it has a really friendly atmosphere and is in an amazing location near 2 tube stops and good bus access. Good prices and the included breakfast is pretty solid too! Loved it so much I stayed for a month straight. It has it's flaws - no bag storage in rooms (but small free lockers available for valuables), a few borken things here and there, but the atmosphere more than makes the stay worth it! Highly recommended!

There are a couple things you should know before booking at the Gallery Hyde Park Hostel: -- Most of the staff live in the facility. They "work for trade". Normally this would be fine, but it made us feel like the hostel was for their entertainment, not ours. --If you don't have a bathroom en suite, you are often walking down or up stairs to take a shower. Only one of the public showers worked properly and had proper temperature control --Don't stay here if you hate taking the stairs

• 5th Dec 2014

My friends and I stayed there for one night (6 person ensuite). The staff were really nice and the location was good. It was a pretty old building, with a lot of stairs and narrow corridors. It wasn't amazing but it wasn't bad. The free breakfast was decent, just the usual bread, jam, and cereal. Good place to stay for one night but I wouldn't stay there for a longer period of time. The beds are really close together, and we had a loud snorer in our room so my friend didn't sleep all night.

Stayed in 4 bedroom dorm, easy access and clean. Will come back when Im in London again.

1 2 3 4 5 Next » last »