Gallery Hyde Park Reviews

23 Inverness Terrace, London, England

Nice place, friendly staff, very clean. 8 bed female dorm was extremely overcrowded though with nowhere for 8 people to put their suitcases

Great hostel, but it needs some improvements, in our room the bathroom had a very bad shower, the internet was down for the first few days of our stay and some belongings were stolen from other guests sharing the room with us. The location is very central and te hostel has a good price!

• 9th Apr 2014
  • Portugal

I thought the hostel was rather unclean. The shower facilities were poor. I had to take a shower with a broken shower head and only freezing cold water or burning hot water. . Internet was weak in most spots and sometimes did not work. I have stayed in quite a few hostels, and I'm not asking for much besides a decent shower!

• 9th Apr 2014

Great place. The beds were not good and the cleaning was bad. The staff was cool!

• 5th Apr 2014
  • Denmark

Very clean! but so many stairssss

Smelly toilets in ensuite room.

I enjoyed my stay at this hostel. It's clean and at great location. However, it will be better if the hostel had one or two public computers for the guests!

• 3rd Apr 2014
  • Taiwan

Awesome place. Really good location.

Overall not a bad place considering what I paid. Location was a plus as you are extremely close to two different tube lines, also a lot of ethnic restaurants in the surrounding area. Atmosphere isn't great if you are looking for a place to meet other travelers, it seemed a lot of the locals looking for work had made the hostel their semi-permanent home. Breakfast was average (toast and cereal), rooms were small and not super clean but not disgusting either.

Good location.

I was really impressed. The staff were relaxed and friendly, the room and bathroom were kept clean, it wasn't noisy at night, even at the weekend, and the other guests were lovely. I'm not from very far away and was only staying in London to avoid daily train fares so I will definitely be booking again the next time I need to be in London. I'm only sad that you only take guests up to 35 as I only have another 5 years to go!

• 1st Apr 2014

Pretty nice and clean place. Staff were friendly. Area really close to metro and a street full of restaurants

Very good location, helpful staff, cleanliness... One of the best hostels I stayed in Europe so far...

One employee was lazy to ask to cleaning team about my things that was lost. The room toilet was extremely dirty and smelling. The other things was ok.

The staff was really nice and polite. They we're always ready to help you out. Also the location was great! Its right next to hyde park and a clean neighbourhood. The room was basic but fine. It was a quiet hostel, so you can sleep well there. I would definitely go back there. The building itself is amazing.

• 21st Mar 2014

The location of the Hostel is excellent, close to Bayswater and Queensway underground stations, geting you access to Central, District and Circle lines. It is also close to the Kensington Park, a nice place to walk in the morning. There are various takeaways and supermarkets nearby. Room access w/ card, luggage room and lockers. Mattress and pillow were OK, but the bed did quite a lot of noise when you moved, which is kind of a problem in a 10bed room. Shower w/ mouldy curtains, not so clean.

the bed was really hard. the window and curtain didn't close so it was really loud and bright in the morning. there was no door to the shower so water got everywhere.

• 21st Mar 2014

The hostel was very clean, the rooms pretty big and the staff was friendly. Ok free breakfast. The only problem was the small number of bathrooms - one for over 16 people. But would still come back!

I only stayed for a few hours since I had last minute event that cope up. Location is very near to the tube which I like, so getting around london is very easy. However, the cleanliness of the carpet in rooms need to improve. The bed also squeal when u move around. Washroom is surprising fine for a hostel but small. Overall experience is fine provided that I booked for two days and only stayed a few hours.

Really value for money. Near two underground stations and paddington train station. Very accessible to any part of London. One of the most cheapest hostel in london. I absolutely recommend it!