Gallery Hyde Park Reviews

23 Inverness Terrace, London, England

People are kind. The blonde staff is very lovely and nice. Free breakfast is really good. The only bad point is that there is no ventilation system in the room, so when the window is closed, air can be bad due to the lack of oxygen. Value for money is in any case excellent.

I spent the week here. Had a great time. Everyone was friendly. Internet isn't the greatest, except for on the main floor but it makes you meet new people. It's so close to the tube too.

I had a very good time there, everyone was friendly. The area around the hostel is so beautiful. There are lots of busses, so it is easy to travel around and come back late in the evening.

Great hostel. Fun, clean, helpful staff, lovely location. Definitely recommend.

• 17th Jan 2015

The hostel should inform about the absurd number of stairs to the upper bedrooms - five floors is a long way up with two gigantic suitcases! Had some problems with the shower in our bedroom - some days the water was cold and in others we couldn't use it because it was leaking in the room below us. Also, only one bathroom in a room for 8 women is not enough.

Wifi was atrocious and the shower wasn't ideal. Otherwise a pleasant stay.

• 16th Jan 2015

Location is excellent, right next to a tube stop and very near to Hyde Park. The hostel was experiencing hot water issues during my stay but they resolved them as promptly as possible. Breakfast is a standard continental.

The hostel is pretty close to Queensway underground (less than 5 min walk) which is great. One of the windows in our room (4 bed mix) wasn't completely closing so we asked the staff help and they immediately solved the situation. I don't know if it's a general thing but the bunk beds in our room weren't very stable and they creaked everytime someone moved.The breakfast is ok, unless you are vegan which leaves you with toast and tea (there isn't fruit or juice) and there's only 2 public bathrooms

• 13th Jan 2015
  • Portugal

My friend and I have stayed at Gallery Hyde Park for three nights. The hostel is not right in the city center but it takes only about 10minutes by subway to get there. Location is still very, very nice as there are heaps of restaurants and many pubs just around the corner. Staff is excellent! All of them are extremely friendly and helpful - even at 4am. We would highly recommend this hostel even though there are a few issues like a not proper closing window. But hey: It is a hostel so all good!

I do like thevstaying in this hostel,clean with good atmosphere and lots of friendly people.

I love the staff here - they are friendly and helpful. One downside is that there are definitely not enough shower facilities, but the beds are comfy and the kitchen facilities pretty good. Having an ensuite shower in the room can be a pain as the fan is really noisy, so if anyone uses the bathroom at night everyone gets woken up. Having said that, I've tried a few hostels in London and this one is definitely one of the best.

The location is excellent and the staff is very friendly. It's a place where you'll surely meet new people! The only negative point was the bed was a bit noise and the mattress very soft. I really recommend it though.

I feel really at home in this hostel and the staff are super cool.

• 5th Jan 2015

I really enjoyed the atmosphere of the hostel as it is specifically tailored to younger travelers. The building is quite nice and the young staff seems to have a close-knit group. They were always watching movies in the common room which was nice for just hanging out. The hostel is close to some interesting places to eat/shop and is near the tube station and Hyde Park. Will be staying there again when I return to London.

They moved reception during my stay m it was sorta inconvenient for travelers w large luggages. Lots of stairs n the reception was move to the basement.

• 1st Jan 2015
  • China

Temperature in the room is not warm enough

Very friendly staff. Easy location to find.

Great location, friendly staff

Run by a fantastic group of twenty somethings (if that) who were always helpful, genuinely seemed pleased to be there, and just delightful. Good and clean. I enjoy the location, on a residential road far enough from a lot of the nightlife, but certainly close enough if that is your idea of fun. Next to underground stations, but we walked literally everywhere. It's exactly what I had hoped for in a hostel. Thanks for a good visit!

very friendly and lovely staff. The cleanliness of the hostel is excellent.

• 19th Dec 2014