Gallery Hyde Park Reviews

23 Inverness Terrace, London, England

I cannot connect to the wifi.

• 27th Feb 2015
  • Malaysia

I was stolen my cellphone and money. The bathroom was dirty

• 26th Feb 2015
  • Argentina

Initially I was very impressed with the cleanliness of our room. However, there was a large period blood stain on my mattress and the second day there was no hot water to shower, There was also a mouse in our room that I saw and heard around 4am which kept me awake. I then discovered many mouse traps placed throughout the room so obviously the staff knew about it. One would think that they would put us in a different room until that problem was solved. Overall good hostel--bad experience

I didn't get to spend much time here, but I felt safe, warm and welcome

• 25th Feb 2015

My experience was very good! The hostel is quite and very clean, with reception 24/7. Its location is perfect. 1-2 minute walk to two tube stations and bus stops. 2 minute walk to Hyde Park and 10-15 minutes to Kensignton palace. You can actually walk to Nitting Hill as well. Free WiFi available everywhere in the building. The staff was AMAZING, friendly, always very nice and hepful. There's always someone at the reception for anything you need. Thanks to all of you guys and to Ana :)

• 16th Feb 2015

There were mice in every room - the personnel only told us about the problem in the kitchen and living room when we confronted them with a mouse running through our bedroom. I asked several other people that stayed there and they said they had some in their romms as well - up to the 5th floor. I am pretty sure they are very aware of the problem as they did not look very surprised when I told them. That's why I think that the problem will not be solved very soon if ever.

I had a wonderful stay and would definitely recommend it! It's located 2 minutes from the Park and right by the hostel there are lots of buses and the tube to get around. To see the museums in Kensington you can even walk! My room was ensuite which is really convienient, but there are also lots of other showers and bathrooms around. The staff is awesome! They made me feel very welcome and organized some really cool events. Free wifi everywhere and good, big bunk-beds! Thanks again to Ana & Dia!

• 12th Feb 2015
  • Switzerland

The hostel was very nice. They were doing lots of renovations im sure it will be even better when they are done! The location is in a nice area right next to Hyde park and an easy 20-30 min underground ride from most major things. Everything was very clean, the only downside was that they don't have individual lockers in the room; the only had one large luggage room downstairs.

• 12th Feb 2015

Location right next to Hyde park and the Queensway tube stop. Staff was great! Had a the bedperson with ensuite, which was actually a bunkbed with a double and single bed. Pretty cramped- but overall good stay.

• 7th Feb 2015

I traveled with one other person, and we stayed in a 6 person mixed room. My bed was mediocre, but her bed was very uncomfortable. The WiFi is absolutely non-existant for residents. Someone said that you could atleast get WiFi on the first floor...not true. My room was on the first floor and I never once could connect. The breakfast is basically just toast and cereal, but that is to be expected. Location is great...but I was pretty unhappy with being lied to about the WiFi and bad beds.

Internet did not work for 3 out of our 4 days there. You cant get into the building unless the 24 hour reception buzzes you in. They left my friend stranded out there in the middle of the night for about half an hour one time. The house itself is nice and theres a lot of new things but there aren't quite enough showers and the lockers tiny and they're all the way down in the basement by reception.

Room was very small but lovely staff and facilities

I liked the front desk, which always had someone to open the door and ask questions to. There were also a lot of things you could buy from them (earplugs, towel, adapter), which was fantastic.

• 29th Jan 2015

The staff was really nice, but I do have one criticism and some suggestions to make. When it was quiet, there were lots of mices running across the kitchen. I'm not crazy about cleanliness but I'd rather skip the free breakfast after I saw that. I have two suggestions to improve the bedrooms. If the beds were a bit higher it would be possible to place large luggages below it. Also it would be nice to have power outlets close to each bed.

coffee at breakfast was hella nasty, but it was a nice hostel with friendly staff, comfy but squeaky beds.

• 28th Jan 2015

People are kind. The blonde staff is very lovely and nice. Free breakfast is really good. The only bad point is that there is no ventilation system in the room, so when the window is closed, air can be bad due to the lack of oxygen. Value for money is in any case excellent.

I spent the week here. Had a great time. Everyone was friendly. Internet isn't the greatest, except for on the main floor but it makes you meet new people. It's so close to the tube too.

I had a very good time there, everyone was friendly. The area around the hostel is so beautiful. There are lots of busses, so it is easy to travel around and come back late in the evening.

Great hostel. Fun, clean, helpful staff, lovely location. Definitely recommend.

• 17th Jan 2015

The hostel should inform about the absurd number of stairs to the upper bedrooms - five floors is a long way up with two gigantic suitcases! Had some problems with the shower in our bedroom - some days the water was cold and in others we couldn't use it because it was leaking in the room below us. Also, only one bathroom in a room for 8 women is not enough.