Gallery Hyde Park Reviews

23 Inverness Terrace, London, England

Really good hostel for that kind of money and in really well located in London! When I'll need to sleep in London I'll always choose this one.

• 4th Jun 2014
  • Portugal

I had the best time in London! Because of the city and Aldo because of the hostel. Great staff, great environment, awesome vibe!

The staff was so helpful and friendly. The free breakfast was good and the rooms were fine. The noise from the streets was a bit loud.

location was great and very easy to find. kitchen was very basic and breakfast was standard cereal with toast. staff was friendly and helpful, but nothing going on in terms of activities. would recommend to people who want something basic and affordable.

Hostel well located, close to metro, bus stop, restaurant, parks, supermarkets. We stayed in a room for 6 with bathroom but the shower did not work and we had to bathe in shared bathrooms. Notify the situation, but there was no repair or compensation. The rooms were small, with little space for storing luggage (i slept with my backpack in my bed), and the beds were noisy. The cleaning of the common area was not the best. Simple breakfast, but enough. The staff need to be more professional.

Together with a friend I stayed at this hostel, i really liked the location with a bus stop and tube station near by. Unfortunately someone broke down the locks of or suitcases, 50 pounds and my sunglasses were gone. i have stayed at many hostels before and this never happened to me. The staff wasn't really helping offering anything to make it more convenient. Further all i wouldn't stay in this hostel by my self, because there's is not much going on and people and not interested in other guest

+ : Very well located. Nice people. Rooms are ok (the price is low so I did not expect anything better). Beds are comfortable. Bathroom was clean and cleaned up everyday. Nice little kitchen available. Free breakfast. Free wifi. - : no locker in the room for your suitcase but lockers at the reception for your valuables.

Awesome hostel, stunning building and awesome hosts!

• 29th May 2014
  • Switzerland

One working shower for most of the hostel is a little bit too less and the floor was a little bit too dirty.

• 28th May 2014

The bathroom wasn't very nice in the room we had, the tiles on the floor were all cracked and moved which was dangerous whilst being bare foot getting out of the shower, there was also a bad sewage smell in there. Location was good for Notting Hill and getting into Oxford Circus.

• 24th May 2014

Great spot, does what it says on the tin!

• 23rd May 2014

The hostel is extremely close to the underground station wich made things easier for me. Really fancy neighbourhood. Very clean and the staff was good as well. The hyde park is one block away and there is a street full of different kinds of restaurants nearby (from pizza hut to malaysian food) A bit expensive but you won`t find anything cheaper in London anyways. Worth going.

Great location on a nice street, right on Hyde park, and very close to 2 Tube stations. Facilities could definitely be better but were acceptable. The inside is a maze of stairs and doors and my friend and I did not enjoy lugging our suitcases up FIVE staircases to our room. Couldn't get wifi in our room but it was good in other areas. Not a horror hostel by any means, but you could probably do better.

If you're staying on the first floor there are a lot of banging doors as they all seem to be heavy and springloaded. Otherwise very quiet and comfortable.

The toilets were dirty and clogged too easily. If the cleaniness of the toilets are important to you, this lodging should be your last choice.

Good location, near central station, good breakfast with cereal, bread, milk, tea, ham and cheese. Room so small and a bit messy. The lockers inside the room were bad located. I had to go through a bunk to use the locker witch was located between the wall and the bunk.

I enjoyed my stay here. The building was beautiful and the staff was awesome. I don't think the bathroom was cleaned the whole time we stayed and it was out of paper towels after the first day.

• 15th May 2014

The private room was tiny and so was the ensuite bathroom. There is very little room for maneuver. The room is generally clean but it's very much in need of renovation. And the common room is right on top of our room and it can get pretty noisy at night. Plus, the walls are quite think that we can hear all the doors closing loudly. Staff and facilities provided are fine but I think quite expensive considering they don't provide towels or shower amenities for a private room. The location is great

Great location near two tube stations. Had a private shower in the room that didn't work. The shower was fixed by night two though which was nice. Friendly and helpful staff!

GREAT location! Near to two train stops (Queensway and Bayswater) Close to all types of restaurants and some souvenir stores! The only bad thing I can say about this hostel is that there are no elevators. So if you're on the 4 floor or something, get ready to hike up some stairs! But other than that, GREAT staff, kitchen, living room, LAUNDRY! I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here!!