Galway City Hostel & Bar Reviews

Eyre Square, Galway, Ireland

The best hostel I have ever lived! Go! GoGO!

• 23rd May 2015

I had a fabulous time. One staff member was a little edgy but otherwise I loved them all.

• 22nd May 2015

I would 100% stay here again. The staff was so friendly and helpful and really wanted you to enjoy your time there. The place was also super clean, and located in such a great spot. 2 second walk to coach and bus station and about a 3 minute walk to quay street!

• 22nd May 2015

Lovely staff. Exemplary hygiene. Guests very considerate of those who wish to go to bed early. Would advise hiring a lock, however, even for things you wouldn't imagine people would want to steal, as we were the victims of theft.

• 20th May 2015

One of the best hostels I've stayed in. Convenient location, great staff, very clean.

We had the best time here! It was so nice and clean and spacious. We also had a lot of fun with our roommates and the staff was awesome and directing us to local bars for our night out. The kitchen was small but it has everything we needed and was a good place to pre drink with friends before we went out.

The best hostel ever! Great, friendly staff who are always willing to help you out or just converse. Very clean and only a year old. Great lockable cages under the bunks. Large windows in room. Each bunk has a reading light and outlet. Bathrooms have soap, paper towel and hand dryer. Would love to go back!!!

• 16th May 2015

Lovely stay, staff were very friendly and helpful. Would definitely go back.

• 15th May 2015

I had a whale of a time

• 15th May 2015

Stayed here with my friend and has a brilliant time te staff were all really friendly and helpful the room and the rest of the hostel was really clean it was really easy to get to town just a five minute walk to all the pubs bars and shops. Would definitely come back here again

This place was awesome. The front desk staff (especially Mark) went out of their way to make sure our stay was as wonderful as possible. The free breakfast was wonderful and homemade. Ample showers and nice and clean bathrooms. The location was also perfect. Nice and close to the train and the main shopping and bars. The only problem was occasionally the size of the room. We were in a five and it was a bit tight when the lockers under the bed were pulled out. Wifi worked great.

What a wonderful hostel! I don't even know where to start. The staff was wonderfully helpful, suggesting one of the single best day tours I've ever been on, helping me find great local spots for music and pints, or just being there to chat. The facilities were clean and welcoming. I really can't speak highly enough about this hostel.

I loved it! Staff is so attentive and willing to help show you a good time.

• 12th May 2015

Awesome stay!!

The staff were extremely helpful and friendly. The room was clean and comfortable. My only recommendation would be: shelf for the shower and a shelf near the bed (especially the top bunk in front of the window) The location was ideal.

My sister and I shared a room and it was great. The beds were comfy and clean, there was enough space for everything and even a convenient spot for our travel packs. Washrooms were clean and spacious. The staff was amazing, very helpful and easy going. The staff really made the hostel very welcoming! Thanks guys for a great experience, cheers!

• 7th May 2015

My stay at Galway City Hostel was truly exceptional. Aside from the cleanliness of the rooms and common areas, the staff made the stay all the better with their helpful suggestions for everything from clubbing, to touring, to taking in live Irish music. Each staff member made the effort to get to know myself and my friend and made our stay in Galway just wonderful! I would absolutely stay in this hostel again, and would recommend it to anybody as it was an A+ experience.

• 7th May 2015

It's a very cosy hostel with a great atmosphere where it's very easy to meet fellow travellers in the nice common room. The staff is very helpfull to provide information about tours, pubs or restaurants. You're next to the station, the coach station and the city centre is only five minutes away. It was a great trip. Many thanks to the hostel, but also the nice people I met during my stay.

Very good location in Eyre Square. Brand new facility with clean bathrooms and multiple plugs by every individual bed. The staff was very friendly and willing to take the time to help, particularly Zoe who helped us get booked at our next hostel and organized for the rest of the trip. Also get access to their sister hostel, which is nice.

I don't have any complaint about this hostel, it's clean, safe, the showers are really nice and every bed has curtains (good for "privacy", but not to good to "socializing"). It is a nice place to stay for 1 or 2 days, Galway is a small city. The common areas are not that big (kitchen and living room), i stayed for 1 week, but i would recommend this place! Oh, you have to wash your on dishes after the breakfast =P

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4