Galway City Hostel & Bar Reviews

Eyre Square, Galway, Ireland

Staff was very helpful and offered suggestions for dinner and drinks after. They have coupons for free drinks. The location is close to everything in town and both forms of public transportation (bus and train). Felt very safe and secure. Room was very quiet even though there's live music in the bar below.

Maybe the rooms are a bit impersonal but at the same time super clean. The staff are simply lovely. The big table of the living room is the best way to meet new travel mates and the hostel is located in the main square 2, min walk from the bus station. One of the best hostel in which I've ever been.

Great Hostel and prefect location. Staff were good fun and went above and beyond. Zoe in particular was great!

Very friendly and helpful staff, very secure and comfortable enough.

This hostel was awesome. Very clean, very secure. The location was perfect, literally 10 seconds from the bus stop. It was an incredible value for the money.

• 9th Mar 2015

What a lovely hostel! The rooms are big enough, the bathroom clean and the breakfast including homemade soda bread and scones delicious!! I really enjoyed my stay. :)

• 8th Mar 2015

Really enjoyed my stay there! Breakfast was very good, thank you!

The location is perfect, right next to the train station. The staff is so friendly and helpful and showed me all the best places to go. I would highly recommend it to anyone!

• 7th Mar 2015

Beautifully refurbished with nice personal touches; homemade bread at breakfast, handmade signage in the kitchen...even a few herbs grown from seed!. Being a light sleeper I requested to move to the back òf the hostel...no problem to staff. Off season I was put in a mixed 16 bed dorm - this proved wonderfully spacious and peaceful. I did feel that if electronic hañd held devices were banned from the living communal area we might get travellers sharing their stories abit more!!☺😀

The hostel was well located, but it was a tiny place. I probably had high expectations of the place after reading all the reviews but I was not impressed at all. It's a very small place that it's also uncomfortable the stay ( at least it was for me). The breakfast was ok but I didn't see any pancakes( as mentioned in other comments), if you are a light sleeper watch out because it can be noisy at times. The internet wasn't working the first day at all and make sure you bring your own lock.

There was a group of 12 of us staying for a stag. The rooms were spacious, clean and well kitted out. The individual lights and sockets are great. The bathrooms are clean with powerful showers. Breakfast was good- lovely homemade bread and coco pops. The staff were friendly and helpful. The hostel is in a great location right on Eyre Square. Overall a very good hostel.

Couldn't ask for a better location! So nice to have a shower that doesn't involve a push button as so many hostes have installed these days. Breakfast is simple but tasty, everything is clean and secure, people are friendly and party-ready. The only complaint I could possibly have is the wifi was always dropping out.

This place has given me high expectations of hostels (it was my first stay in one) - the people were so nice, really accomodating and helpful. They even made homemade brown bread! Well worth it if you stay in Galway.

• 24th Feb 2015

Mark and Dawn, and all the staff were extremely accommodating, helpful and friendly - made our stay effortless. The hostel itself is in a prime location - walking distance to anywhere and the night life, but just far enough away that there's no noise.

We stayed as a large group and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. It is in a great location with many bars/nightclubs close by. I hope to return some time soon :)

• 18th Feb 2015
  • Northern Ireland

Everything was perfect and we couldn't have asked for better accommodation! The staff were lovely and very helpful. The breakfast in the morning was quick, handy but still very tasty. Me and my friends were all very impressed by the showers in the facility as they were nice and private and very clean. The location is very central and close to everything. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and we would recommend it to anyone staying in Galway.

• 16th Feb 2015

Thanks to the staff for their advice, we enjoy a lot our stay in this hostel. Rooms and common areas were super clean and nice. I highly recommend Galway City Hostel, good value for cheap price, and very friendly staff.

• 16th Feb 2015
  • Spain

The Hostel was so nice! The staff was very welcoming and helpful and the rooms were very clean. Plus, staying close to the train station, to the bus station and to the city centre were quite an advantage. I had such a great fun in Galway and I think the hostel helped me to get this good experience!

• 15th Feb 2015
  • Belgium
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Great facilities, friendly and helpful staff. Location right by the bus stations yet conveniently close to everything else as well.

• 13th Feb 2015

A mix up with my booking caused a problem but staff were incredibly friendly and helpful and made sure it was sorted out quickly.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4