Galway City Hostel & Bar Reviews

Eyre Square, Galway, Ireland

This is one of the best hostels I have stayed at. Great staff, great location, very clean, and VERY comfortable beds.

• 31st Jan 2016

Super friendly and helpful staff. Great common area. Felt very safe my whole stay.

• 29th Jan 2016

I stayed there for two nights for a weekend trip, and couldn't have been happier with my experience. The staff was incredibly nice and welcoming, they gave my group plenty of suggestions about where to eat, explore, and the nightlife spots. They let us stay an hour after checkout because my group wasn't ready in time. Just about a 5 minute walk to the heart of the city, and right next to the train station. Will definitely be coming back, and highly recommend staying here.

• 29th Jan 2016

Front desk people are awesome and the living room is very cosy and a fun way to mingle with other people!

• 29th Jan 2016

Best hostel I ever stayed in life. New and modern facilities. Great location, great staff and great food. I can't believe how cheap it was too.

Unfortunately, I had made an error in my reservation and had booked in January rather than July as needed. I contacted the hostel directly and told them of my error. I spoke with Karli, who was wonderful and extremely helpful in correcting my reservation. In addition to helping me out of my problem, she told me several great tips for transportation around Galway and the fact that we would be staying during the Galway Races and festival! It is one of their best holidays to visit.

• 25th Jan 2016

One of my favorite hostels, I didn't stay long but I can't think of a single thing that was wrong with the place.

Very convenient location, friendly staff, clean facilities! Overall very positive experience!

• 22nd Jan 2016

I have no complaints! Everything was absolutely perfect. A few steps away from the bus station and right in the middle of Galway City. The staff were so friendly and very eager to give recommendations and directions. Very clean and comfortable with full access to the kitchen. Will definitely be returning!

• 22nd Jan 2016

Everything was perfect. Except for the over-amorous French couple, which can't be helped I suppose.

• All Male Group, 25-30

The best hostel I have ever stayed at!!! The staff was very friendly! They made us dinner for free every other night and washed the dishes. It was very clean! The common area included computers, games, and comfortable seating. The breakfast which is included was amazing! I cannot wait to come back to Galway and stay here again!

Very welcoming and clean

• 14th Jan 2016

Great hostel I've seen a lot of them this past year. You get atmosphere a good bed great bathrooms and the staff are great

Truly the best hostel I've stayed at my entire Europe trip. Brian (front desk staff member) was seriously the best, and his recommendations were spot on....he convinced me to take the bus tour to the Cliffs of Moher, and he was so, so right. Thanks Brian.

Great facilities. The shower and bathroom set ups were great. Good security at the door. Plenty of pubs nearby.

This is an excellent hostel that I highly recommend. Brian was amazing and super helpful!

Mark deserves all the gold stars in the world.

• 18th Dec 2015

I had a really lovely stay at Galway City Hostel. It was really close to the bus station which was very convenient . It was also really close to the main part of town which was really nice. The staff was also super helpful and friendly, especially Brian he was great.

• 15th Dec 2015

I loved staying here, the staff were amazing and their recommendations on what to do in Galway were great. The breakfast was also lovely!

• 11th Dec 2015

Wish I had stayed longer in this lovely hostel/city. Friendly staff, very clean, nice rooms, with lights, plugs in each bunks. Toilets are nice and clean, they even have body wash in each shower stall and the water was really hot with great pressure. There's a nice common area to meet and socialize with other travelers. Great free breakfast and very convenient location and the bar downstairs also has good food and music. Great hostel!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5