Galway City Hostel & Bar

9.5
Superb 1407 Total Reviews

• Canada, Female, 18-24
23rd May 2017

This was a great hostel, super clean (great showers) and the kitchen/shared space was small but immaculate. I would've loved to stay here for longer. Our rooms had the under bed lockers (bring a lock) which was convenient. Location couldn't be better. Walking distance to everything. Reception was lovely, super helpful with all of our questions and special requests (we checked out super early before reception opened so they waved our key deposit). I also was lent a hairdryer for free. Thanks !!

• USA, Female, 18-24
19th May 2017

Nice place. Staff are awesome and very helpful. Good common area and nice dorm beds with curtains for privacy. Security lockers under the bed were also nice. Would recommend.

• Canada, Couple, 31-40
19th May 2017

Best hostel I have stayed at! :D loved it there

• USA, All Female Group, 25-30
15th May 2017

We had a great stay here! Lots of activities through the hostel that were a great time! Can't beat the location. The rooms and the common area were clean and cozy.

12th May 2017

This hostel really exceeded my expectations. It was so clean, the dorm was perfect and the bathrooms were great too. It was a much more relaxing vibe than Kinlay which we stayed at the night before. Overall, would absolutely recommend and would definitely stay here again. Only unfortunate factor was that the shower was extremely hot. It seemed like the water temperature was turned up way too high and I was unable to cool it down at all. Legitimately, could have caused burns.

11th May 2017

This was my second time staying here and it's still one of my favorite hostels in all my travels. The beds and pillows are extremely comfortable (especially considering the standards of hostel beds in many places in Ireland), the staff is super friendly and welcoming, and the hostel is really great at providing amenities from the office to rent or buy (towels, locks etc.). I love staying here and definitely recommend it.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
6th May 2017

Amazing place! Clean, great location and super friendly and helpful staff! As a solo traveller getting around by bus or on foot, I found this hostel to be very practical in terms of distance to city attractions and bus stations. Also, special mention to the various meals & activities organized by hostel staff members in the evenings, all at really decent prices (2 euros for a bowl of homemade vegetable curry and rice is a hard deal to beat!). Would definitely recommend!

• Ireland, All Male Group, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
5th May 2017
7.4

Good hostel but can't understand how this was rated the best hostel in Ireland, far better around

• Ireland, All Female Group, 41+
5th May 2017

Location was superb, staff very friendly and facilities clean. My only problem was the fact that the booking I made on Hostelworld described my four bed dorm as having private bathroom -when the bathroom was in a corridor shared by other hostelers. I found the four bed room very tight on space, it could be improved by ensuring that hooks are provided for clothes and a small shelf for belongings beside each bed.

• valeriespicervs2267
  • USA, Female, 18-24
3rd May 2017

Awesome atmosphere, I met a ton of cool people during my stay here. Both hostel workers and guests. Originally booked one night, ended up staying for 3. Close to the bus stop and a bunch of local shops. Walking distance from just about everything. Very safe, clean, and kind. WHEN I come back, I will stay here.