Galway City Hostel & Bar Reviews

Eyre Square, Galway, Ireland

This hostel is fantastic. The location is ideal, steps away from transportation, nightlife, and shopping. The staff are extremely helpful and knowledgeable about the area. Mark was the most friendly and accommodating staff person we've encountered thus far in any hostel! It's important to note our stay was during the Galway Races, so the city was busy and noisy. The staff kept the facilities immaculate regardless of the increase in business and upheld a high level of security.

Very friendly staff. Very central location

• 30th Jul 2015

Truly one of the cleanest hostels I've ever been in..... the bathrooms literally sparkled; bedrooms didn't smell despite large turnover

The staff are exceptionally friendly and helpful. They had no problem making calls for me, printing tickets, and helping me out when I was in a pinch. Laundry was easy and fast. Had a great night out with other folks in the hostel. Will always stay here when I'm in Galway.

• 27th Jul 2015

The staff were brilliant and the group dinners were a great way to get to know the area and the people you're staying with.

• 26th Jul 2015

Amazing hostel with the best staff, great breakfast, comfortable beds and fun activities! Great city! Will definitely be back!

very nice staff! Breakfast was good. Shower and toilet were very good and clean! Only the bed in the room was too hard for me. Also the door smacks when you leave the room. Difficult to sleep when everyone comes in at different times.

Absolutely perfect. I did not want to leave this hostel or this city. Fantastic employees, welcoming environment, convenient location, immaculate facilities, and far more. Had I not already had my most recent European adventure fully booked, I'd have extended my stay in a heartbeat. I highly recommend this place. It's fabulous!

One of the best hostels I ever stayed in!

This hostel is very nice. The rooms, bathrooms, etc... are very clean, the staff is very friendly and helpful. The breakfast is included and quite nice :) And the location is excellent! The room we staid in was however quite small, and the common room was a bit too small as well especially around breakfast time when it was difficult to find a seat.

We spent two nights at this hostel.The location is quite near city center and the staff is very helpful! I would recommended to those who want to save money and meet some new friend can stay in this hostel!:)

• 21st Jul 2015
  • Malaysia

By far my favorite hostel we stayed at while backpacking Europe. We weren't there much to comment on the social aspects, but the beds were extremely comfortable, have individual blackout curtains and chargers, and the place is super clean. Stay here for sure if you can!

All the staff were so helpful. Brian helped us find a different hostel when I came in, having booked the wrong night. He also helped me plan future hostels in other cities, as did Frank. Really, I can't imagine there's a better hostel in Galway. Plus, it's nice and cheap. :)

• 19th Jul 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Great location in the middle of Galway. They provide juice for breakfast. How many hostels do that. Clean, new facilities. An elevator would be nice, but the stairs work fine.

The hostel is in a good location and if you would like the full galway experience with a quieter setting to return to, I would recommend this hostel over Kinlay because of its size. The facilities were clean and almost everything seemed new. That being said, my partner and I were very disappointed by the interactions we had with the staff, who at the main desk, seemed more concerned with their own conversations and jokes between themselves than being helpful to their guests.

• 16th Jul 2015

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would stay here again in a heartbeat. Lovely staff and nice hostel. Thank you!

wish I could have stayed longer. it was such a nice hostel. met some great friends there. Mark at the front desk is the man! he he will let you know where to eat and what to do while you're in Galway and all his recommendations were perfect! would definitely recommend this place!

One of the best hostels I've stayed in. Very clean and easy to find, excellent atmosphere.

This hostel is amazing :). Well located across the road from the train station, in Eyre square. The staff are lovely and friendly who happily provide recommendations for food and entertainment. I would definitely stay here again.

Bar below hostel can have music playing till late which can be a little frustrating. Bathrooms are very clean, but a little tight. But all in all one of the nicest hostels I've stayed at!!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6