Galway City Hostel & Bar Reviews

Eyre Square, Galway, Ireland

Common room is smallish. Very nice and new. Great location WiFi and staff.

Great hostel with friendly staff and very good location!

awesome hostel, close to everything with some awesome bars right out the front door! bunks are awesome with power in each on and curtains on each bunk!

• 23rd Aug 2015

Great hostel, the location is excellent, close to the bus station and the nearest sights. Staff is friendly and the rooms were clean. Highly recommended!

Very friendly stuff, delecious breakfast with homemade Bread and a wide Choice of other things, absolutely zentral located next to the Eyre Square and the Bus Station, they offering a lot of things to do like Sightseeing Walkingtours, Pubcrawl, Dinners, .... They can book a tour to the cliffs of Moher for 20 € if you want, very clean, and thanks to the Guy which prepared us breakfast in the Kitchen for our very early checkout :)

• 18th Aug 2015

Nice and clean hostel. The showers were really nice and it had a decent breakfast included. I stayed in a 4-bed room and I felt it was a bit small and crowded and it was a hassle to take out my stuff from under the bed. Also the location is great in the sense that is is right next to the train and bus station so its easy to get there but it gets very noisy at night. All in all a good experience staying here.

Steep stairs up to the reception, nice and easy explanation of protocol, great kitchen- all new everything- cozy sofas and chairs, mixed ages all very sociable- the BEST underbed lockers I have seen in thirty years travelling- no curfews and al around great for the gay pride and big match. Only problem too near the bus station. Will be back.

• 14th Aug 2015

Great location (2min from coach; across from train/bus station), friendly and knowledgeable staff - extremely helpful in finding things to do. Asked for advice on Connemara, as I wanted to do it on my own, and felt they were very honest and open about options, without pushing to book a tour. I connected immediately with my roommates, so I didn't spend much getting to know the others in the hostel, so I can't speak to the atmosphere much.

LOVE IT HERE!

• 11th Aug 2015

This was my absolute favourite hostel in the Republic of Ireland and the best one that I have been to. I was very surprised and pleased when I walked in and saw how lovely my room was -- spacious, very clean, pretty with flower boxes in the windows, nice wood floors. The bathroom facilities, while not attached to the room, were very clean and I liked them. The staff were very friendly and helpful. If I hadn't had a flight already booked I would have happily stayed longer.

• 11th Aug 2015

Nice spot, nice rooms

Great city, good vibes. The hostel was cool and definitely an awsome pub crawl

I booked too late and had to sleep with 15 other people in one room, but nevertheless it was very clean, much better than I had expected. And I really enjoyed your breakfast, it was great. Thanks ;-)

• 7th Aug 2015

This Hostel was great. They made it easy to meet people and it was so clean and tidy. Brian & Mark behind the desk with were lovely plus the Wednesday night dinner was great fun!

Only 1 Night stay, but felt part of the place for that night. Great facilities and loads of bread for breakfast- great! suggestions for improvement- more clothes hooks in the bathroom and bedrooms- just a few more! and a cutlery holder for the draining board, cutlery was falling on floor sometimes.

• 3rd Aug 2015

Lovely place, great location, bit expensive.

• 2nd Aug 2015

It is a nice hostel with friendly staff. The laundry service is great. I gave them a big bag of dirty laundry in the evening and it was washed and dried in the morning for 8 Euros. The breakfast is simple but tasty. You have to do your dishes after the breakfast. I think for 25 € for one person in a 4-bed -dorm it would be appropriate to have a dish-service. The showers and toilets are unisex. Was not a problem for me, but could be for someone else.

This hostel is fantastic. The location is ideal, steps away from transportation, nightlife, and shopping. The staff are extremely helpful and knowledgeable about the area. Mark was the most friendly and accommodating staff person we've encountered thus far in any hostel! It's important to note our stay was during the Galway Races, so the city was busy and noisy. The staff kept the facilities immaculate regardless of the increase in business and upheld a high level of security.

Very friendly staff. Very central location

• 30th Jul 2015

Great location, great price, especially for Galway Races. I'd definitely stay again.

• 27th Jul 2015