Galway City Hostel Reviews

Eyre Square, Galway, Ireland

Loved my stay at the Galway city hostel, spotlessly clean with friendly helpful staff. Great location, well worth paying the little bit extra per night.

• 20th Sep 2014

They definitely know what backpackers need! BEST BREAKFAST EVER! pancakes, fruits, juice, cornflaces... everything you could ask for, lovely stuff, nice common room, perfect location, great facilities.... there is really no reason why you should choose another hostle if you don't have to. ou, the showers are amazing, you'll see what i mean. and everything is VERY clean really, i've never been to a hostel like this before

The staff was awesome! they gave us great advices!

The staff was outstanding! Very helpful and accommodating. Extra shout out to Sarah and Brian who were super awesome!

• 15th Sep 2014

Very friendly staff. Had such a great stay. Nice free breakfast too!

• 9th Sep 2014

Galway City Hostel is one of the BEST hostels we've ever stayed at in the UK/Europe - and we've stayed at many! Staff were super friendly, dorms nice and clean and quiet, bathroom facilities were spotless, and best of all the breakfast was amazing; a staff member would individually cook you pancakes (with a selection of fruits, cream and jams) on top of the usual offering of toast and cereal. Such a small thing but honestly such a winner and something that really differentiates this hostel!

This Hostel was by far the best Hostel we stayed in Ireland! It was more or less a hotel disguised as a hostel. As soon as we checked in the staff told us the best places to go, the things to see, and the places to drink. The hostel provides blankets that feel like you are sleeping in the clouds, and a delicious morning breakfast everyday. There is simply no place else to stay in this beautiful city. They even help you out with directions to your next destination! Would easily stay again.

• 6th Sep 2014

Staff was friendly, and gave good advice as to where to go. He also made sure that I had a good experience in Galway, and after I returned a broken pen he stated that he will make sure that this wouldn't be the highlight of my stay.

• 6th Sep 2014

The pancakes were great

Great hostel located right by train station. Comfy beds with large under bed cages. Bathrooms were clean and showers gave you plenty of room to put your clothes to keep them dry and get dressed. Nice plugs and bed lights at each bed. Staff made it for me though, so super nice and gave me great recommendations for pubs and food and directions. I didn't find that people talked as much outside their own groups in the common area though.

Loved this hostel and if i ever get back to galway this is where you will find me! The showers we nice and spacious and everthing felt very clean. Unfortunally my bedcover was a bit small since i couldn,t fit my shoulders and feet at the same time under it, but otherwise perfect hostel.

Very nice and clean and modern. Staff are friendly and helpful snd the lication is great as its right in front of the train station and on Eyre Square. Will defo stay there again

• 22nd Aug 2014

Fantastic hostel. I'd recommend to anyone.

• 22nd Aug 2014

Very clean hostel with lovely staff members (friendly, helpful, well-organised). Good breakfast as you could choose between toast, cereal or pancakes :)

This is a great Hostel. The location was great, the staff was very helpful, and above all the place was clean. I loved that each sleeping area had a curtain, its own reading light and electricity outlet.

The staff were really helpfull, Mike was a lot of fun. The staff of the hostel were more than happy to help you out when they could which helps a lot when being overseas, also the facilities were great.

• 14th Aug 2014

Very good hostel !!!

• 11th Aug 2014

For a grandmother traveling with 5 teenagers, this hostel was the best in all of Ireland! Over the top with cleanliness, security, comfort, and location. I highly recommend anyone, of any age to consider using hostels instead of hotels. Prices are great, and the opportunity to meet people of all ages from all over the world. Hostel world, is a great site to have readily available to! Thumbs up for the staff in Galway!,,

• 11th Aug 2014

Of all the hostels I've been in Ireland (Dublin-Galway) I think that it's the best one.

Galway city hostel was a great accommodation for our visit in Galway. Thanks for your friendly help and support for planning our day trips and thanks as well for awesome pancakes for breakfast! Greetings from germany

• 7th Aug 2014