Ganbara Hostel Reviews

Prim, 13-bajo, Bilbao, Spain

Good value, clean, tidy, secure. Recommended.

I met very nice people at Ganbara because they have a great opened space with a kitchen and a lounge so everyone can get together and have fun. The place is right next to the old part of the town in a great neighborhood full if life and action. One less good note: my bed wasn't firmed at all so I didn't sleep so well but just get a couple of glasses of wine and you won't notice! Note to travelers: when you leave a dorm at 4am, just freakin pack during the day . Respect in hostels would be nice

I love Ganbara! Have stayed in so many hostels over Europe and this Ganbara is one of the best! The staff are so friendly and helpful, rooms are spacious and clean and the common area is homely and comfortable. I came back to Bilbao and the hostel because I had such a good experience! Will be back next yr for BBK Live!

That was just excellent The staff make everything easy Really amazing

This hostel is really nice! The staff was really friendly and helpful; The localization is awesome, close to all, especially the old town, the Vasco Museum, Plaza Nueva, close to the restaurants, public transportation (Casco Viejo Metro Station). The Hostel is safe and clean, there are showers and toilets enough, the laundry services are cheap. In my opinion this hostel is the best choice in Bilbao City!

• 1st Oct 2014

Great hostel. Big common areas, free breakfast, nice lockers (and they give you a lock!). Very close to old town and all the attractions but far from the bus station (though you can take the metro really easily). Would definitely stay here again!!!

We hope to see you again!!!

We had a great experience, lived in the hostel during 9 nights because we were attending a course at the University. The location is great, the staff is the best of the hostel, we had lots of fun talking to Angel. The common spaces are really nice, the kitchen has all you need to cook. The showers are quite small and more hangers would be necessary.

Many thanks for the advices!!! We hope to see you again!!!! ;)

Overall it's a good hostel, the only problem is the location: you are 35-40 minutes from the centre/old town or 10 min. from the bus (very restricted schedules).

We are located in the old town, the heart of the city and 10 minutes walking from the central train station and Plaza Circular (main tourist office) which is the city center.

My only complaint would be that the facilities are too cramped.

Nice hostel, nothing too out of the ordinary. Good location.

Nice hostel. Great staff but very little atmosphere. When I arrived on Friday evening my entire room was asleep and full of old French pensioners. Not that I expected the room to be heaving with party people but it seemed pretty lame. Other than that, great staff and modern facilities.

Staff was super nice and really had nice suggestions for things to do and exactly how to take the buses, etc.

• 11th Sep 2014

We hope to see you again!!! Thanks!!!

I've sent an e-mail two days before to confirm the reservation and asking a couple of questions on how to reach the hostel; I'm still waiting for the response. The rest was just perfect (friendly staff, cleanliness, services...)

Nice staff, safety place, everything works.

• 1st Sep 2014
  • Finland

Decent in general. I probably would stay here again. My major problem was the lockers- they seemed very flimsy and I could open mine even when it was locked, by pushing the door in rather than pulling it out. Other than that, this hostel was good.

• 30th Aug 2014

In all my years of traveling and using hostels, this is just the second review I've written - but I was compelled to after staying at Ganbara Hostel. I was in Bilbao for four nights during the FIBA World Cup. The hostel is in a great location right in the middle of the Old Town. That's where the good things end. It was pretty untidy the whole time I was there - and I left covered head to toe with bed bug bites. Disgusting stuff. Use an AirBnB if you're in Bilbao - take my word for it.

We´re sorry you felt like that. I do have to say that we clean everyday but you know you were sharing room with some really untidy basketball supporters that had the room made such a mess. We told you when you arrived that we couldn´t change the room because everything was booked out. We cleaned the room but we couldn´t make anything about all the dirty clothes, stuff that was all over the room. We really told them to tyde up everything. we´d like you to see that the hostel is not like that

Really good atmosphere and sweet people. A little crazy from FIBA and such, and the staff wasn't quite as outgoing as some of the others I've stayed at. They didn't ask me if I needed any city help or anything, though I'm sure they are knowledgeable of their city, so I'd loved to have seen them use that.

• 29th Aug 2014

Very good location just 5 mins from metro and old town. Staff not so friendly and the atmosphere was not hostel atmosphere it was quiet all the time. Clean enough but can be better

• 27th Aug 2014
  • Greece

Modern hostel in a good location in Bilbao. Enjoyed the social atmosphere - lots of travellers, not just tourists. Cleanliness is a problem - six person room with an ensuite that was not cleaned in 3 days - gross.

We clean rooms and toilets every day!!!

Easy to get to, just a quick metro ride from the main bus station in Bilbao. Good wifi. Huge common rooms. Staff were friendly/helpful.

« first « Prev 1 2 3