Ganbara Hostel Reviews

Prim, 13-bajo, Bilbao, Spain

The location is perfect, the hostel is within walking distance from the old town and all the bars. Rooms are ok. We booked an ensuit 8ppl room but the toilet was dirty, looked like the cleaning service didnt come. The kitchen and breakfast are ok too. For the money you pay, it's more than fine.

This was a really nice place to spend my time in Bilbao. The location was awesome, right in the middle of the Casco Viejo and only a 20 minute walk to the Guggenheim. The staff was really friendly, and we were especially appreciative of the man who suggested we visit the funicular, which had amazing views of the city from above. Also, the bathrooms were some of the cleanest I've ever seen at a hostel. The atmosphere wasn't amazing, but I think that was due to it being off-season and empty.

Great stay!! Very clean and very helpful staff. Volveré fijo, fijísimo.

I spent one night here. It was a lovely place. The only thing is that you really don't have many choices in breakfast.

• 5th Jan 2015
  • China

I really enjoyed this Hostal. Great and modern location, bedroom and bathroom both really clean. The breakfast is good and good enough theres always coffe ready so thats really good. I met really good people in the hostal.

• 30th Dec 2014
  • Mexico

The room was tiny and the bathrooms weren't as clean as I would have hoped. But everyone who worked there was very nice and helpful.

Ganbara knows exactly what a backpacker needs, a very spacious and comfortable common area, a fully equipped kitchen (with breakfast!), lockers, clean washrooms, laundry room, friendly and helpful staff. I enjoyed my stay here. The 4 beds mixed dorm is quite small, it got a bit crowded tho.

The hostel its a bit far from the main attractions, but well connected. There was only two outlets in a room for 6 beds, bathrooms could be better cleaned more often.

The location is superb, the staff is very helpful and it is a very good place to stay if you want to party in Bilbao.

Good location, next to the old town (but kind of far from the new modern part with the Guggenheim museum). Sadly there was no atmosphere, and nothing organised, but I guess that might be because it was low season... anyhow, the staff was ok, and the guy was really accommodating for my really early arrival, let me use the facilities! (6am when check-in is at 2pm).

Overall a good hostel, I found there was nothing outstanding but nothing I can complain about. Nice location in the old town area, very close to a metro station. Facilities were ok (although individual reading lights would be nice, and there were almost no power outlets in my 6 bed dorm) and the entire place looked clean. Breakfast was good. There was not much of an atmosphere, but I only stayed for one night and maybe it's just the time of the year... I would come back to this hostel.

Thanks for your comment!!! We do have individual reading lamps, you should ask for them at the reception. Next time ;)

Location, all facilities and the staff was perfect. All very clean and there was a nice atmosphere due to lots of community spaces.

The staff is so kind and friendly. I ask for rent a bike and the don't let me pay. I recommend and I will return for sure.

• 9th Nov 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at Ganbara Hostel. It is located in a perfect location in the center of the old town. The atmosphere was great, and the staff was super friendly.

The hostel is very nice and well located. The breakfast is very good considering it is included on the price. I really loved the decoration and how well distributed are the different areas. The only problem is that there aren't enough plugs in the rooms.

Very quiet hostel right in the old town - a little far from the Guggenheim, but it's a great old town location and there's a metro stop nearby. There was a power strip with 8 sockets for the 8 bed dorm, which was perfect. We were there on a Sunday night and it was very quiet, without a lot of others in the bedroom or the kitchen/common area. The included breakfast was a nice bonus, though! Fruit, cereal, coffee, tea, and more!

Good hostel, excellent location near the old town and a metro stop.

Lovely new hostel. Clean and nice. Big spaces to chill inside, its also in the heart of the casco viejo. Eskerrik Asko mis amigos vascos!

Eskerrik asko zuri! ;)

Had a great time here

Great Hostel. Staff very friendly, rooms clean, and a big spacious common area with kitchen and entertainment. The only thing I felt was lacking was a hostel bar crawl or something similar to socialise and get to know the city/people better. This could have been due to the time of year however as we were there in late October.

• 24th Oct 2014