Ganbara Hostel Reviews

Prim, 13-bajo, Bilbao, Spain

Great hostel. Big common areas, free breakfast, nice lockers (and they give you a lock!). Very close to old town and all the attractions but far from the bus station (though you can take the metro really easily). Would definitely stay here again!!!

We had a great experience, lived in the hostel during 9 nights because we were attending a course at the University. The location is great, the staff is the best of the hostel, we had lots of fun talking to Angel. The common spaces are really nice, the kitchen has all you need to cook. The showers are quite small and more hangers would be necessary.

Overall it's a good hostel, the only problem is the location: you are 35-40 minutes from the centre/old town or 10 min. from the bus (very restricted schedules).

We are located in the old town, the heart of the city and 10 minutes walking from the central train station and Plaza Circular (main tourist office) which is the city center.

My only complaint would be that the facilities are too cramped.

Nice hostel, nothing too out of the ordinary. Good location.

Nice hostel. Great staff but very little atmosphere. When I arrived on Friday evening my entire room was asleep and full of old French pensioners. Not that I expected the room to be heaving with party people but it seemed pretty lame. Other than that, great staff and modern facilities.

Staff was super nice and really had nice suggestions for things to do and exactly how to take the buses, etc.

• 11th Sep 2014

We hope to see you again!!! Thanks!!!

I've sent an e-mail two days before to confirm the reservation and asking a couple of questions on how to reach the hostel; I'm still waiting for the response. The rest was just perfect (friendly staff, cleanliness, services...)

Nice staff, safety place, everything works.

• 1st Sep 2014
  • Finland

Decent in general. I probably would stay here again. My major problem was the lockers- they seemed very flimsy and I could open mine even when it was locked, by pushing the door in rather than pulling it out. Other than that, this hostel was good.

• 30th Aug 2014

In all my years of traveling and using hostels, this is just the second review I've written - but I was compelled to after staying at Ganbara Hostel. I was in Bilbao for four nights during the FIBA World Cup. The hostel is in a great location right in the middle of the Old Town. That's where the good things end. It was pretty untidy the whole time I was there - and I left covered head to toe with bed bug bites. Disgusting stuff. Use an AirBnB if you're in Bilbao - take my word for it.

We´re sorry you felt like that. I do have to say that we clean everyday but you know you were sharing room with some really untidy basketball supporters that had the room made such a mess. We told you when you arrived that we couldn´t change the room because everything was booked out. We cleaned the room but we couldn´t make anything about all the dirty clothes, stuff that was all over the room. We really told them to tyde up everything. we´d like you to see that the hostel is not like that

Really good atmosphere and sweet people. A little crazy from FIBA and such, and the staff wasn't quite as outgoing as some of the others I've stayed at. They didn't ask me if I needed any city help or anything, though I'm sure they are knowledgeable of their city, so I'd loved to have seen them use that.

• 29th Aug 2014

Very good location just 5 mins from metro and old town. Staff not so friendly and the atmosphere was not hostel atmosphere it was quiet all the time. Clean enough but can be better

• 27th Aug 2014
  • Greece

Modern hostel in a good location in Bilbao. Enjoyed the social atmosphere - lots of travellers, not just tourists. Cleanliness is a problem - six person room with an ensuite that was not cleaned in 3 days - gross.

We clean rooms and toilets every day!!!

Easy to get to, just a quick metro ride from the main bus station in Bilbao. Good wifi. Huge common rooms. Staff were friendly/helpful.

rooms are a bit small. staff was amazing and very helpful.

Friendly staff, good breakfast in the morning, decent sized lockers for valuables and luggage in the room, and a really good location in the old part of Bilbao.

Very nice hostel, didn't stay long enough to meet people, but there wasn't too much mingling anyway. But everything else about the hostel is really great!

Great place! Nice breakfast, clean/comfy beds. Big and nice common area for meeting people. Not a party hostel but great to hang and meet new people.

The hostel is in a great location, but it is near a busy street, which can create problematic noise for those wishing to sleep. The hostel dorm room got a bit stuffy. A fan would have been nice. The security is excellent - they control who enters (buzzing people in/out), give you a key card for your room and a lock and key for the locker. One thing I really enjoyed was the staff. Oh, they also plan fun activities! All in all, a good hostel and I would stay here again in the future.

« first « Prev 1 2 3