Ganbara Hostel Reviews

Prim, 13-bajo, Bilbao, Spain

Overall a good hostel, I found there was nothing outstanding but nothing I can complain about. Nice location in the old town area, very close to a metro station. Facilities were ok (although individual reading lights would be nice, and there were almost no power outlets in my 6 bed dorm) and the entire place looked clean. Breakfast was good. There was not much of an atmosphere, but I only stayed for one night and maybe it's just the time of the year... I would come back to this hostel.

Thanks for your comment!!! We do have individual reading lamps, you should ask for them at the reception. Next time ;)

Location, all facilities and the staff was perfect. All very clean and there was a nice atmosphere due to lots of community spaces.

The staff is so kind and friendly. I ask for rent a bike and the don't let me pay. I recommend and I will return for sure.

• 9th Nov 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at Ganbara Hostel. It is located in a perfect location in the center of the old town. The atmosphere was great, and the staff was super friendly.

The hostel is very nice and well located. The breakfast is very good considering it is included on the price. I really loved the decoration and how well distributed are the different areas. The only problem is that there aren't enough plugs in the rooms.

Very quiet hostel right in the old town - a little far from the Guggenheim, but it's a great old town location and there's a metro stop nearby. There was a power strip with 8 sockets for the 8 bed dorm, which was perfect. We were there on a Sunday night and it was very quiet, without a lot of others in the bedroom or the kitchen/common area. The included breakfast was a nice bonus, though! Fruit, cereal, coffee, tea, and more!

Lovely new hostel. Clean and nice. Big spaces to chill inside, its also in the heart of the casco viejo. Eskerrik Asko mis amigos vascos!

Eskerrik asko zuri! ;)

Had a great time here

Great Hostel. Staff very friendly, rooms clean, and a big spacious common area with kitchen and entertainment. The only thing I felt was lacking was a hostel bar crawl or something similar to socialise and get to know the city/people better. This could have been due to the time of year however as we were there in late October.

• 24th Oct 2014
  • Scotland

This hostel is ok. Decent facilities, though the whole place could use a deep clean. Good common areas and kitchen. Unreliable wifi, and the location is ok but this is the loudest hostel ever! The metro and all the noise from the street echoes directly into the rooms. Impossible to sleep. I would not stay here again.

Hi! Maybe you could notice the noise from the street during the day but not at night, there are no bars next to us, nor traffic and the train finishes at 21:00!!

Good value, clean, tidy, secure. Recommended.

I met very nice people at Ganbara because they have a great opened space with a kitchen and a lounge so everyone can get together and have fun. The place is right next to the old part of the town in a great neighborhood full if life and action. One less good note: my bed wasn't firmed at all so I didn't sleep so well but just get a couple of glasses of wine and you won't notice! Note to travelers: when you leave a dorm at 4am, just freakin pack during the day . Respect in hostels would be nice

I love Ganbara! Have stayed in so many hostels over Europe and this Ganbara is one of the best! The staff are so friendly and helpful, rooms are spacious and clean and the common area is homely and comfortable. I came back to Bilbao and the hostel because I had such a good experience! Will be back next yr for BBK Live!

That was just excellent The staff make everything easy Really amazing

This hostel is really nice! The staff was really friendly and helpful; The localization is awesome, close to all, especially the old town, the Vasco Museum, Plaza Nueva, close to the restaurants, public transportation (Casco Viejo Metro Station). The Hostel is safe and clean, there are showers and toilets enough, the laundry services are cheap. In my opinion this hostel is the best choice in Bilbao City!

• 1st Oct 2014

Great hostel. Big common areas, free breakfast, nice lockers (and they give you a lock!). Very close to old town and all the attractions but far from the bus station (though you can take the metro really easily). Would definitely stay here again!!!

We hope to see you again!!!

We had a great experience, lived in the hostel during 9 nights because we were attending a course at the University. The location is great, the staff is the best of the hostel, we had lots of fun talking to Angel. The common spaces are really nice, the kitchen has all you need to cook. The showers are quite small and more hangers would be necessary.

Many thanks for the advices!!! We hope to see you again!!!! ;)

Overall it's a good hostel, the only problem is the location: you are 35-40 minutes from the centre/old town or 10 min. from the bus (very restricted schedules).

We are located in the old town, the heart of the city and 10 minutes walking from the central train station and Plaza Circular (main tourist office) which is the city center.

My only complaint would be that the facilities are too cramped.

Nice hostel, nothing too out of the ordinary. Good location.

« first « Prev 1 2 3