Ganbara Hostel Reviews

Prim, 13-bajo, Bilbao, Spain

Staff was super nice and really had nice suggestions for things to do and exactly how to take the buses, etc.

• 11th Sep 2014

I've sent an e-mail two days before to confirm the reservation and asking a couple of questions on how to reach the hostel; I'm still waiting for the response. The rest was just perfect (friendly staff, cleanliness, services...)

Nice staff, safety place, everything works.

• 1st Sep 2014
  • Finland

Decent in general. I probably would stay here again. My major problem was the lockers- they seemed very flimsy and I could open mine even when it was locked, by pushing the door in rather than pulling it out. Other than that, this hostel was good.

• 30th Aug 2014

In all my years of traveling and using hostels, this is just the second review I've written - but I was compelled to after staying at Ganbara Hostel. I was in Bilbao for four nights during the FIBA World Cup. The hostel is in a great location right in the middle of the Old Town. That's where the good things end. It was pretty untidy the whole time I was there - and I left covered head to toe with bed bug bites. Disgusting stuff. Use an AirBnB if you're in Bilbao - take my word for it.

We´re sorry you felt like that. I do have to say that we clean everyday but you know you were sharing room with some really untidy basketball supporters that had the room made such a mess. We told you when you arrived that we couldn´t change the room because everything was booked out. We cleaned the room but we couldn´t make anything about all the dirty clothes, stuff that was all over the room. We really told them to tyde up everything. we´d like you to see that the hostel is not like that

Really good atmosphere and sweet people. A little crazy from FIBA and such, and the staff wasn't quite as outgoing as some of the others I've stayed at. They didn't ask me if I needed any city help or anything, though I'm sure they are knowledgeable of their city, so I'd loved to have seen them use that.

• 29th Aug 2014

Very good location just 5 mins from metro and old town. Staff not so friendly and the atmosphere was not hostel atmosphere it was quiet all the time. Clean enough but can be better

• 27th Aug 2014
  • Greece

Modern hostel in a good location in Bilbao. Enjoyed the social atmosphere - lots of travellers, not just tourists. Cleanliness is a problem - six person room with an ensuite that was not cleaned in 3 days - gross.

We clean rooms and toilets every day!!!

Easy to get to, just a quick metro ride from the main bus station in Bilbao. Good wifi. Huge common rooms. Staff were friendly/helpful.

rooms are a bit small. staff was amazing and very helpful.

Friendly staff, good breakfast in the morning, decent sized lockers for valuables and luggage in the room, and a really good location in the old part of Bilbao.

Very nice hostel, didn't stay long enough to meet people, but there wasn't too much mingling anyway. But everything else about the hostel is really great!

Great place! Nice breakfast, clean/comfy beds. Big and nice common area for meeting people. Not a party hostel but great to hang and meet new people.

The hostel is in a great location, but it is near a busy street, which can create problematic noise for those wishing to sleep. The hostel dorm room got a bit stuffy. A fan would have been nice. The security is excellent - they control who enters (buzzing people in/out), give you a key card for your room and a lock and key for the locker. One thing I really enjoyed was the staff. Oh, they also plan fun activities! All in all, a good hostel and I would stay here again in the future.

We only stayed for one night but Ganbara had everything we needed, was in a good location and was clean & safe. They hosted a dinner which all the guests helped to prepare which made it a lovely atmosphere to meet the other people in. The staff were also excellent!

A good place for traveling group of friends and young people.Staff is great and really helpful.Good atmesphere.But...If you want to find a quiet place to have a rest and have a good sleep, then this place would not be good.When I was trying to sleep that night, a group of people were watching movies outside the door and it was really noisy.Outside the window, during the whole night, cars passing by, people talking and laughing...I didn't sleep well.

Polite and professional staff. Excellent location. Vert clean. Highly recommend it.

Great hostel - good for chilled stay in Bilbao and close to old town.

Dorms were a bit stuffy at night, but good clean facitlities and great living room/social area.

its a nice hostel in the old town.

« first « Prev 1 2 3