Ganbara Hostel Reviews

Prim, 13-bajo, Bilbao, Spain

Definitely stay here. Clean, perrrrfect location, great staff, nice enough rooms. I didn't spend a ton of time here but the time I did was great. & the people at the front desk were so accommodating and helpful. 2 thumbs up.

• 29th Jan 2016

It was all fine, although Ganbara did not feel homey! As far as location goes, it kind of depends on your goal; it is very near the euskotren station, and pretty near the other station across the river (Atxurri? Can't quite remember) --but it's a bit of a maze to find it, unless perhaps you have your phone telling you the way. I don't, and was relying on a snapshot of the route! But it is right in Old Town, and there are plenty of good places quite nearby. Alright for a quick overnight stay.

The room was very clean and comfortable (if not a bit small). Breakfast was nice. The staff were absolutely lovely and were happy to help with anything that I asked. I had a really fun night out in Bilbao with people that I met in the hostel. Just make sure you ask where to go. It was a great stay and I`ll be going back there next time I`m in Bilbao!

It was a good hostel. It was kind out of the way and you had to pass through the drug and prostitute neighborhood to get there. The room smelled mildly damp or moldy but everything was very clean and comfortable.

It is not true that you had to pass trough the drug and prostitute neighborhood!!! We are in the city center, and to come here you just have to walk along the main street of the city called Gran Via. We really don´t understand where have you been!!!

The hostel is in a great location and provided breakfast every morning. The staff was helpful in recommending sites to see and giving directions to the closest metro station. However, while the room was clean, the blanket smelled a bit and the pillow was very gross although the pillow case and sheets were clean.

Very chill hostel right next to the metro in the old town (Casco Viejo). The staff was really nice, and helpful. Communal areas are cool too!

Nicely located hostel, moderately clean, good place to get a nights sleep. Not much of a place to meet people but I was ok with that for my time in Bilbao. Breakfast is basic.

The staff was very helpful. Breakfast was ok. Wifi was not connecting in common area but in room it was good. Location is great, almost everything accessible by foot from the hostel.

• 28th Dec 2015
  • India

Fantastic location for exploring the city. It was a little noisy at night around 11pm but it soon got quiet and was actually some of the best nights sleep Ive had in a hostel. I would stay here again.

Ganbara is a little tricky to find at first, but once you find it you realise the location is perfect, especially to see the old city. Staff are helpful and the breakfast simple but filling. One gripe is the noise from the road outside. If on a ground floor room, be prepared for a whole load of noise seemingly all night long.

I thought overall this place was good. I wobbled on the 'staff' question because my interaction with the one girl (sorry forgot her name) when we got there was great. Super kind and friendly and helpful. The other 3 guys who worked the desk had personalities equivalent to wet rags. As expected my room was super tiny but I felt good for just one night (and the beds were comfortable too).

• 21st Nov 2015
  • Spain

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. The facilities were so nice and clean, the staff was excellent and very helpful, and the location in the old town was amazing. The common areas were great too, which made it very easy for me to meet people and make friends on this solo trip. I'd definitely stay there again!

Very good location in the old city and close to the metro and bars. A fun laid back atmosphere and longboards for lend.

Location can't be beaten, and the facilities look super nice! We stayed for two nights, a group of four and were lucky to had our own bedroom considering most hostels in Bilbao accommodate more than 6 people in one room. Although the hostel was full that weekend, everything was very clean and you could barely hear or bump into the other guests (bathroom was ours anytime we wanted, yay!). Also, the hosts were super nice and helpful and there is free breakfast! Will stay again!

• 30th Oct 2015

Nice place to stay, staff are friendly and helpful. Close to a metro to get a round town but otherwise most things are within walking distance. Very comfortable place to stay and has a family friendly sort of environment.

Staff were amazing. We were working through some Visa issues and they were more than happy to help beyond their role. Also helped us to suss out the many great skate spots.

great location. Definitely walkable to the city center. Locks are provided to lockers which is amazing. Rooms are a bit small for 4 people but it is liveable. Staff are great there, very friendly and helpful. Free breakfast which is always a plus. I would definitely recommend staying here while travelling around Bilbao. :)

• 9th Oct 2015

The 4 bed dorm was extremely small. My sheets were clean but stained. Kitchen and common area ere spacious and comfortable. The really bed thing is that you hear just everythig through the walls and doors. There was no party going on outside, but every person walking in the hall would wake us up. This is ridiculous for uch a rather modern building.

Staff were super helpful and the vibe felt super communal. Wifi was a little interrupted in upstairs rooms but it was nice to go out into the common areas anyway. Breakfast was quite good and the games provided were a great way to get to know people.

This was a great hostel that had great community space and a friendly atmosphere.

« first « Prev 1 2 3