Ganbara Hostel Reviews

Prim, 13-bajo, Bilbao, Spain

Lost my wallet in the city and staff tracked me down when it was found. Lent me money to take a tram to go get it and even offered to pay for a taxi. Super helpful, great staff - thank you so much! :)

The hostel was in an excellent location and it was a great place to stay with a lovely breakfast each morning and a large space for relaxing and chatting. Unfortunately, a huge party of French students were there on our first night and their teachers seemed to have no control! They were running up and down the corridors until around 2.30 am which was not ideal. Once they left the following day, it was a much better place to be and sleep.

Amazing hostel!! I am trying to think something negative and I can't, clean, safe, perfect location and the staff working there is so friendly and willing to help you. I recommended it without a doubt.

Good location in downtown Bilbao. Pretty average sitting areas but computers are provided. Staff was very helpful and kind.

Really nice place to stay, super clean, great facilities, and a good location.

• 19th Mar 2015

Great hostel for Bilbao. You stay right in the old town which is in my opinion the best area of the city. You can go to the down town in 5-10 minutes. It's a low key hostel or a happenin' hostel depending on the night you're staying. The common room and kitchen is really nice. The staff is great and super friendly. Haven't stayed in many hostels in Bilbao but can't imagine a better one.

Great hostel, near main attractions and very clean

I stayed at 6 females room. Bathroom Wax inside of tek room. Stafes were helpful an kind.

The staff super kind!!

Too much party from the argentinan guy of the staff . I hardly slept because or laughs and cries

A very nice little hostel. There weren't a great deal of people there, but it was winter. The location is great - definitely explore the old city around the hostel. There streets are all lovely and small, and there's some great food too.

good place to stay, lovely staff! gracias

it was a very nice atmosphere ans the staff was 5stars. thank you very much!

• 7th Feb 2015
  • Portugal

One of the best hostels I've stayed in. It's spacious, clean and has an excellent kitchen. The staff were friendly and the manager in particular went out of his way to be helpful. Highly recommended.

Muy bueno el hostel y el staff excelente. Lo recomiendo

The location is perfect, the hostel is within walking distance from the old town and all the bars. Rooms are ok. We booked an ensuit 8ppl room but the toilet was dirty, looked like the cleaning service didnt come. The kitchen and breakfast are ok too. For the money you pay, it's more than fine.

This was a really nice place to spend my time in Bilbao. The location was awesome, right in the middle of the Casco Viejo and only a 20 minute walk to the Guggenheim. The staff was really friendly, and we were especially appreciative of the man who suggested we visit the funicular, which had amazing views of the city from above. Also, the bathrooms were some of the cleanest I've ever seen at a hostel. The atmosphere wasn't amazing, but I think that was due to it being off-season and empty.

Great stay!! Very clean and very helpful staff. Volveré fijo, fijísimo.

I spent one night here. It was a lovely place. The only thing is that you really don't have many choices in breakfast.

• 5th Jan 2015
  • China

I really enjoyed this Hostal. Great and modern location, bedroom and bathroom both really clean. The breakfast is good and good enough theres always coffe ready so thats really good. I met really good people in the hostal.