Ganbara Hostel Reviews

Prim, 13-bajo, Bilbao, Spain

The staff at this hostel make it really special! Super friendly, helpful and always smiling! The facilities are fantastic, clean and great value for money, as well as a perfect location in the old town. There is no reason to stay anywhere else when in Bilbao!

• 18th May 2015

I was there for one Sunday night. Staff were great. People were friendly. I was traveling alone and it seemed like everyone else I met was too. The street was a little noisy and could be heard from the room. Location is perfect for relaxing, dinner and drinks, but I walked back and fourth from the Guggenheim a lot and the bus to the airport is also a 20 minute walk or so.

Friendly staff,great location next to the metro,nice environment and great breakfast! I totally recommend it.

Maybe they need to think about organising some pintxos walks because it's quite hard when your on your own and don't speak Spanish

I really enjoyed my stay and the staff were super efficient and friendly. Furhermore, it´s very nice that you can have a cup of coffee anytime and some buscuits.

• 30th Apr 2015

Great location and staff is available 24/7. Very nice clean kitchen

I really enjoyed my stay at Granbara Hostel. The staff were super helpful and helped me with a number of queries. The hostel is spacious, with lots of areas to chill out. The location is great and is smack bang in the middle of the old part of the city. Rooms are key coded and you have the flexibility to bring your own lock or get one at the desk. The hostel although located near the metro, you get used to the noise. Thanks Ganbara staff for making my stay in Bilbao so memorable!

Lost my wallet in the city and staff tracked me down when it was found. Lent me money to take a tram to go get it and even offered to pay for a taxi. Super helpful, great staff - thank you so much! :)

The hostel was in an excellent location and it was a great place to stay with a lovely breakfast each morning and a large space for relaxing and chatting. Unfortunately, a huge party of French students were there on our first night and their teachers seemed to have no control! They were running up and down the corridors until around 2.30 am which was not ideal. Once they left the following day, it was a much better place to be and sleep.

Amazing hostel!! I am trying to think something negative and I can't, clean, safe, perfect location and the staff working there is so friendly and willing to help you. I recommended it without a doubt.

Good location in downtown Bilbao. Pretty average sitting areas but computers are provided. Staff was very helpful and kind.

Really nice place to stay, super clean, great facilities, and a good location.

• 19th Mar 2015

Great hostel for Bilbao. You stay right in the old town which is in my opinion the best area of the city. You can go to the down town in 5-10 minutes. It's a low key hostel or a happenin' hostel depending on the night you're staying. The common room and kitchen is really nice. The staff is great and super friendly. Haven't stayed in many hostels in Bilbao but can't imagine a better one.

Great hostel, near main attractions and very clean

I stayed at 6 females room. Bathroom Wax inside of tek room. Stafes were helpful an kind.

The staff super kind!!

Too much party from the argentinan guy of the staff . I hardly slept because or laughs and cries

A very nice little hostel. There weren't a great deal of people there, but it was winter. The location is great - definitely explore the old city around the hostel. There streets are all lovely and small, and there's some great food too.

good place to stay, lovely staff! gracias

it was a very nice atmosphere ans the staff was 5stars. thank you very much!

• 7th Feb 2015