Ganbara Hostel Reviews

Prim, 13-bajo, Bilbao, Basque Country, Spain

Lot's of facilities, well equiped kitchen, laundry service, breakfast is ok, nice lounge facilities, staff friendly and dorms with comfortable beds; one bathrooms for 8 people in a dorm in a rush and waith in the mornings even with a common shower room. Overall good value.

Great location, fully functional kitchen, really friendly staff and a great atmosphere! Would definitely stay here again!!!

I have more than enjoyed my stay at Ganbara Hostel. The (bath)rooms are clean and you get a great breakfast. Genial staff, I've got the chance to play table tennis with Àngel and would go back there anytime. Thank you Ganbara :)

• 11th Apr 2014

Not told there was breakfast, so I missed out :(

Sorry!!! :(

Good place to stay in Bilbao. Close enough to all the attractions youre going to want to see. Stay here if you can!

1. Great Hostel in the heard of the old town 2. Big kitchen, everything you need 3. The guy at the reception...really great and helpfull resumen......go there

Good hostel came when not many people were staying so was very empty, Good location for metro and in the old town.

The people working there was not passionate. They didnt feel like they love the hostel or gave much care about their guest. The bathroom in the room smelled horrible and it slips into the room so it was kinda nasty. Highly recommend them to clean up those bathroom or get rid of them altogether. We did not felt the same at this hostel as to the other 10 that we have stayed at. Good location near the old town thou.

Nice clean hostel. Staff is really friendly and willing to help. 1 minute walk to the old part of the town. Rooms are not super nice, but that's the only not so positive thing I can say about this hostel. I would definitely recommend it and will surely go back there when I go back to Bilbao.

I stayed in the hostel for a night in March, when the Couchsurfing meeting in Bilbao took place. In general, I liked the hostel a lot and it was a good relation price-quality. It was very clean and neat and I liked the commodities. However, on one morning someone pooed in the bathroom and nobody cleaned it for quite a lot of time. The smell went to the corridor and it was pretty unpleasant. But once again, I rate my stay positively overall.

• 7th Mar 2014
  • Russia

Very good hostel overall, really friendly and helpful staff and excellent location in the very centre of the old town within very short walking distance of lots of bars and restaurants. Not much going on in the hostel itself but maybe was due to going off season. Other than that all great! Highly recommended!

good location in the old part of town near great bars. very clean place. staff were nice. not many people staying at the time so can't comment on atmosphere.

Great location, you are in the middle and close to everything! Rooms were spacious and bed were comfy. Full breakfast and warm staff! Totally recommended hostel :)

Good location. They offer free breakfast (fruit, cereal, bread, cupcakes, jam, juice, coffee, tee, milk..), free locker + lock with keys, you can use the big kitchen to cook (they have all the utensiles) and the fridge to store your food. You can use the laundry machines (for a fee I guess, I didn't try them!). Everything was very clean. Big bathroom in-room. They printed my train ticket for me for free and lend me a celphone charger, all the staff was very very kind!

Ganbara is a great place, located right in the center of Bilbao! It's really much better than the pictures that we can see here on the website. I would just add towels and a little cheese with breakfast...and also individual electricity plugs and reading lights for each bed (just details that would make it even better) :)

Hi!!! We do have towels for hire and free individual reading lights at the reception. We´ll make something about the cheese in the breakfast. Thank you for advicing!!!! We hope to see you again! ;)

Great stay. Staff were very Helpful

Really nice hostel! Great Location to explore Bilbao

Excellent hostel in the old town part of the city close to many bars. The hostel is modern and clean and would recommend to stay when visiting Bilbao.

Everything was OK! The location was great in the oldtown.

Very nice hostel, one of the best i've seen!