Ganbara Hostel Reviews

Prim, 13-bajo, Bilbao, Spain

All good, no complaints. Great location and friendly staff. Good social atmosphere. Would definitely stay here again.

• 29th Jul 2015

Welcoming place for all travelers.

• 29th Jul 2015

Great location, good kitchen, good common areas. Rooms are very small and there are no power points next to the beds.

Fantastic stay. Professional and clean I would definitely stay there again.

• 24th Jul 2015

The hostel was very nice! Great location and nice staff (most knew English well). The only downside is that the rooms are quite small. I stayed in a 4-person room and it was pretty cramped. Other than that, I enjoyed my stay and would recommend this hostel to others visiting Bilbao :)

The people working there took all my things out of the room without my permission (EVEN THE THINGS INSIDE THE LOCKER) to change into a room of six people. This was just because a group of four people wanted to sleep together in that bedroom (they changed me even when my original reservation was for the room of four).

We are really sorry that we had to make that but when you cheked-in we told you had to change room at the check-out time and you understood. We waited for you for two hours after check-out but you didn´t come until late so we had to do it, even we try always not to because we don´t like that. That´s why it is so important to make the check-out on time, after we need time to clean for the next one. We are sorry you felt like that but it is not a good thing for us also.

It was great location apart from the way to go up. Staff were and the room was clean but the brthroom was a bit moldy as well as the drain was poor. I don't mind entire facility tho. Generally speaking it was a good hostel with the value of what you are paying. Nice people and centre of Bilbao.

this is the best hostel I have stayed in so far!! super chilled ambiance, really lovely staff who go out of their way to help you. they really made the trip. also the location is great, its right by the old town which is beautiful and has lots of nice little bars with cheap tapas. thank you ganbara hostel!!:) I will be back soon!!

The location and security was great, however if you are staying in Bilbao for the Guggenheim, it is far. It's a decent walk along the river though to get to it, so if you're ok with walking, this is the place to stay. The wifi didn't work for me but I only stayed one night and survived without it.

I think that the Granbara hostel was one of the best I've ever stayed in. Great and spacious lounge area. Tasty breakfast for free. Extremely helpful staff, lockers in the room, free wifi. Located in the Casco Viejo quarter, a very nice part of the city :) I met a lot of cool people to go out with, we had a lot of fun :D

Fantastic hostel with everything a traveler could possibly think of wanting in a hostel. Good location close to everything, very clean, comfy beds, aircon, large new bathrooms, great kitchen facilities & heaps of chill out areas. The staff were so nice- especially the guy that worked during the weekdays. He was very helpful with everything and was always very friendly. Washing machine & dryer upstairs for a small fee & you can hire towels for €1. We couldn't actually fault this place!! Must stay

The hostel was quite good, bit of a shame that the aircon in our room didn't start working until our last night. We couldn't really have the windows open because there was a massive street light that would shine into the room. But the facilities were good and we had access to the kitchen which was good. Also one of the staff organised a taxi for us at 5:30am and gave us a little bag for breakfast which was great!!

The staff here is great! However the hostel itself is slacking in facilities as the bathrooms are dirty, some of the bathroom doors don't have locks on them, the Wi-Fi is terrible pretty much non existent throughout the hostel, and the air conditioning needs to be consistently reset in order for it to work.

I was welcomed by a very rude staff that acted like he was doing me a favor to check me in. He obviously didn't offer any information about the city, map or how to go see the main sights (the hostel is quite far from guggeinheim, the Museum of fine arts and most of the interesting architecture). The atmosphere was really weird, although there was a nice big common area, solo travelers were awkwardly on their phones. Bathroom were probably clean but looked nasty because of how rusty they are

Located in the old town, near metro station. Small rooms with noisy beds and lockers, but clean and good facilities (pool table, kitchen, lounge, computers). Good place to meet other people travelling on their own. Felt save because not everyone could walk in. Could bring your own food and drinks. Aircon did not work for 1 nights, but the other two it worked fine. If you visit Bilbao I would recommend this place because it is nice to stay in the old part od Bilbao

• 14th Jul 2015

Very nice place, great atmosphere, very helpful staff.

Had a lovely stay at the Ganbara Hostel, met the most wonderful people there. Only downside is the wi-fi connection which isn't that good. Rooms could use a bit more space but was bareble. Would recommend this hostel to my friends!

Nice hostel, could be noisy and no airconditioning. The doors squeaked a lot but otherwise, staff were nice, good common area and great location, would come again.

Awesome hostel!

• 10th Jul 2015

One of the best Hostels I have ever stayed in. Very clean and comfortable. Didnt spend much time in the Hostel as i was there for BBK festival but from the short amount of time i spent there it seemed to have a good atmosphere. Good part of town in the Casco Viejo, close to Plaza Nueva which has lovely little Pinchos Bars, restaurants.