Ganbara Hostel Reviews

Prim, 13-bajo, Bilbao, Spain

Central, clean, secure, nice free breakfast Helpfuld and happy staff. No complaints!

Fun hostel with lots of communal space for hanging out and meeting people. Good location for walking through the casco viejo and not far to walk to the newer part of town either. Staff were helpful in recommending a sidreria to go to for dinner.

I really liked this hostel, there were two nice communal areas and a vending machine which had beer!

Very noisy at night and not clean at all The door of our room did not open well and there wer hard on the clean sheets.

• 12th Sep 2015
  • Belgium

The staff were really nice and the location was great. 5 minute walk from the centre of the old town and Casco Viejo metro station. The beds were comfortable and the shower very nice. The lock on our bathroom light and door were broken. Only one light for the whole of the bedroom, only two power boards for the whole room so I had to put my phone over the other side of the room at night to charge. Could do with individual lights per bed, and maybe some dairy free milk with the breakfast.

We do have indiviadual reading lamps but you should ask for the at the reception. There is a poster telling you that in every room ;) And of course there is milk with breakfast and free tea and coffe during the day.

The mattresses are very thin and were too soft for my taste.

Great location and breakfast. They have a late check in that can be annoying. There is a good vibe but i would like if they could organize some activities with all the backpackers. My bed was not very pleasent but the facilities were ok.

We can keep your luggage until you check-in and you can use the common facilities like kitchen, common room, computers, wifi, dvd... it´s becuse we need to clean rooms to be ready for you. thank you!!

Great part of the old town. Very friendly and helpful staff. Great food and nightlife in the area.

I had a great time in Ganbara-Hostel!! The Staff is really friendly and the whole atmosphere was just wonderful. Bathroom and Kitchen are very clean and well equipped, I liked the breakfast and the cheap beer ;)

• 6th Sep 2015

Very good hostel with nice receptionists, especially the girl from the USA and the guy with dreadlocks. Enough room, good breakfast, good social vibe. Nice location, near casco viejo and a metro station. Will go there again when I'm in Bilbao.

apart from the guy coming in 15min before checkout to make sure I was checking out.. everything else was ok

Great location in the old town. Lovely staff, very helpful. The kitchen facilities are really good too and very easy to use.

100% adequate

Need mirrors in the dorms. Staff are lovely.

This hostel was great. It was quiet but also right in the centre and a very short walking distance to most of the city attractions.

Ganbara is a nice hostel where I found the staff being very helpul and friendly, and where you can meet new people (Spanish and foreigners). The location is in the actual old town, 1 minute walking from the metro station and all you need (restaurants, bars, shops, ...) is at a walking distance. The only matter for me was the room's temperature at night, which was too cold with the a/c. For sure, I'd recommand this hostel !

The hostel can have more activities to integrate the guests. Solo travelers do not have many alternatives for night activities, tours, etc. The rooms had not enough power outlets for everyones phones. The bathrooms can have more places to hang and leave things in the showers.

It was the second time we stayed at Ganbara for many reasos: best location, facilities, cleanliness, staff kindness. Alex at the reception was helpfull and also the other guys that lead this hostel in a such perfect manner. Definitely the best place to stay in Bilbao during Aste Nagusia. Luca

We enjoyed our stay here, the beds were average, bathrooms fairly clean. The staff were really friendly too. Breakfast was just toast and cereal etc, not too bad! The location is pretty good, near a train station and just a short walk from all the action. Great kitchen if you want to do your own cooking. The street next to the dorms can be a little noisy at night so earplugs are essential. I would recommend.

Ideally located right within the old town and 5 min walk from the metro stop. Clean, fun place to stay, decent atmosphere due to a large lounge area along with digital TV, free internet etc. Staff are friendly and always helpful. Only issue I would note is that the rooms were very tight; there should be more space in an eight person dorm room.