Ganbara Hostel Reviews

Prim, 13-bajo, Bilbao, Basque Country, Spain

This was a lovely place nicely positioned in the old town a bit of a walk into central Bilbao. the staff were really friendly and helpful the facilities nice breakfast was great, due to time of year it was really quiet in the hostel so that was a shame didn't manage to meet many people but over all a nice place!!

It is a nice hostel with an incredibly good staff. They helped us wherever they could. Tanks a lot! :)

The breakfast was not really great if you don't like marmelade or toast...

• 8th Nov 2013

Thanks for your comment. Our Breakfast includes fruit, cereals, mouffins,cookies,juice, toats, jam, buttler, cacao, coffe,milk...;

This is one of the best hostels I have visited in 25 years of travel. The guy who runs the place, Josan, is one of the most hospitable and friendly people you could meet. I got offered free food and beer, the use of an umbrella, unlimited coffee, English premier league football on TV, helpful advice and information about Bilbao, free internet etc. I received the kind of attentive service I wouldn't have received in a top hotel. I have nothing but praise for this centrally located hostel.

Thank you!!! ;)

I was a bit worried as in England, many people past the first flush of youth use hostels and didn't know if it was the same in Sapin - but it was utterly fantastic - loved it. The only downside was a very small dormitory but apart from that, I thought the hostel was absolutely great - heartily reconmmended. The staff were wonderful.

• 1st Nov 2013

New hostel, great big common areas and kitchen. On the edge of the old city area. 15min walk to Guggenheim but near metro.

Nice and clean Hostel with friendly staff. Not very cosy but location and price make up for it.

Overall, I had a good experience at the Ganbara Hostel. The bathrooms, however, left a lot to be desired (cleanliness, only one shower working, etc).

Perfect location. Great hostel and staff. The only thing missing is a terrace or patio, but that's not a big deal. I'd stay here again for sure!

1 2 Next » last »