Ganbara Hostel Reviews

Prim, 13-bajo, Bilbao, Spain

The room smelled a little of vinegar, but the beds were comfortable. Our room was a little small but the storage lockers were big and the bathroom lights kept turning off because they were eco- friendly which I support , but it was a little annoying. great location & price though.

It is a nice, clean hostel that is in a great location. It would have been nice to have more outlets in the rooms and by the beds. There weren´t any except for one in the bathroom. The staff was very friendly and helpful!

Nice hostel in good location in the old town. Friendly staff and clean. Good Kitchen facilities and the best breakfast.

My overall experience was great. The only thing that bothered me was that there were blood stains on my mattress. They looked like they had been cleaned, but it was still bizarre. I was glad to have 2 sheets on the bed, that is certain.

• 14th May 2014

I found the rooms too small and the beds to close to each other, leaving you with no privacy at all if you sharing the room with people you don’t know. Also, the staff does not assign you the beds, which is not cool when other people arrived in the room before you. Poor breakfast. Good internet connection, lockers provided.

Fantastic time here at this hostel! Really made our stay in Bilbao fantastic. Everyone was super helpful and kind. They even spoke Spanish with me, as I am studying in Spain this year! (And believe me, that takes some patience.) Will definitely be sending more visitors their way!

Overall this hostel is good. The breakfast was great. The common room noise on Thursday night after posted quiet hours was much less than great. The employees should have done something about it. You can hear the hand dryers from the rooms. It's clean and has a good location though.

Only 1 working shower (with no lock) between 6 rooms

great hostel, but it'd be nice if there were more outlets by the beds

Just book it!

Ganbara Hostel is situated in the best area of Bilbao. Because of Ganbara's ideal location in the heart of the old district, I was able to walk to and from everywhere I wanted to go and everything I wanted to see. The hostel is also located nearby the metro which makes for an easy trip to and from the bus station, train station, et cetera. Staff at the hostel are very knowledgable and willing to answer any questions you may have. Beds are okay, nothing special, but the breakfast is really great!

The staff was really nice, except for the Canadian girl working there, common rooms are big and comfortable. There is enough space to hang out. Location is perfect, really close to the metro station Casco Viejo (Old city center), which is the best part of the city, 20 min walking to Guggenheim museum. Rooms to sleep in are not so big, but are still ok, facilities are nice as well.

Lot's of facilities, well equiped kitchen, laundry service, breakfast is ok, nice lounge facilities, staff friendly and dorms with comfortable beds; one bathrooms for 8 people in a dorm in a rush and waith in the mornings even with a common shower room. Overall good value.

Great location, fully functional kitchen, really friendly staff and a great atmosphere! Would definitely stay here again!!!

I really enjoyed my stay and felt very comfortable. The staff are very kind and helpful at all times. Complimentary breakfast is pretty good providing bread, rolls, croissants, fresh fruit, a variety of spreads, cereal, a selection of teas and BREWED coffee. In fact, coffee and tea are offered free 24/7!

I have more than enjoyed my stay at Ganbara Hostel. The (bath)rooms are clean and you get a great breakfast. Genial staff, I've got the chance to play table tennis with Àngel and would go back there anytime. Thank you Ganbara :)

• 11th Apr 2014