Gandalf Passenger Ship Reviews

Oosterdok 2 Dock 1, Amsterdam, Netherlands

It was an excellent accommodation! Just the facilities could be a little better (Microwave, oven, wi-fi). The wi-fi does not work properly in our room, so that we need to stay in the lounge to use the internet. Talking about kitchen facilities, the owner allowed us to use the microwave in the kitchen, but it is not totally available to everybody (we should ask to use). However it was so awesome to stay in a boat, all the other stuffs were perfect and the breakfast was so good. We recommend this!

Hans and his wife were very welcoming and helpful. Everything about staying on this passenger ship was a pleasure, including the location, atmosphere, breakfast, my own cabin and company of other people. Beats staying in a hotel anyday - and the WIFI worked perfectly! Best regards, Gavin

• 25th Nov 2013

Great stay...staff is friendly and attentive to your needs and it was very clean..location was close to attractions and free breakfast was good each day

The location was fairly convenient; I had to pull my heavy bag for 15min from the train station but that was my own fault, really. The owners gave me a hand taking the suitcase off the boat, which was great. The staff were polite but reserved, and would only accept cash for the berth, which was not advertised in advance. Like most places in Amsterdam, I had to pay for two beds even though I only wanted one, but at least I didn't have to pay for two nights as well. Breakfast was fine.

• 2nd Nov 2013
  • Scotland

Good accomodation, atmophere and breakfast. It's interesting to spleep in a boat. Few minutes from the central station and close to Nemo, Science Museum. We recommend this B&B.

• 31st Oct 2013

the relaxed atmosphere was just what's needed before and after sight-seeing. Excellent value with breakfasts to set you up for the whole day thanks to Hans and his team. Would definitely go back, no question. Many thanks for a great stay.

• 26th Oct 2013
  • Scotland
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Great staff and delicious breakfast! Very welcoming and cozy. Wifi was great.

Zeer goede service, vriendelijk personeel

• 6th Oct 2013

The staff were friendly and helpful. The breakfast was excellent, with some variety if you stay a few days.

Its really nice clean place...no bed bugs!....everything perfect. (Location.food.stuff)

Staying on a boat was an interesting experience and one will would do again. The staff was very friendly, the location great and was a pleasant time.

the gandalf hostel have near to central Station.but, the room was small and too uncomfortable.

Very good location. Convenient and cozy. Quiet environment. Neat and tidy room although it was very small as expected for a cabin type hostel. Unfortunately, I got the bed with the ceiling just about 2 feet above the bed.

• 1st Sep 2013
  • Myanmar

The room is small as we expected, but it is clean. The staff is very helpful. The breakfast is excellent.

We thoroughly enjoyed our 3-night stay on the Gandalf Passenger Ship. The staff were incredibly helpful and very friendly, the facilities and hospitality was excellent and the ship is in a great location and is really good value for money! What more could you want!

The best place to stay in Amsterdam!

The Gandalf was a charming floating hotel in central Amsterdam. It was clean, the view and location were both incredible. The rooms are quite compact since you're staying on a boat - don't stay here if you're claustrophobic. However, if you don't have that issue, then you'll enjoy a great view of Amsterdam from the water and an inviting top deck- great for a beer or two. If I'm ever back in Amsterdam, I will try ti stay here - IF the Gandalf is docked for the season!

I love this place! Whoever would like here if stayed for a while! Nice rooms, Nice lounge, and Special Breakfast. I have never seen this breakfast among breakfast of other hostel. I guarantee you will love this place! AND I wonder how can I contact with Owner of Gandalf passenger ship? BECAUSE I paid deposit for key for 20euro when I check-in... BUT I couldn't get back my deposit because I had to leave earlier to take a flight... My E-mail address is 16mb@naver.com PLZ, Send a mail,,,,

• 7th Jul 2013
  • South Korea

We LOVED this place. The official owner wasn't there but the Chilean couple he had was amazing. Most inviting hosts. It is in a perfect location only a ten min walk to central station. It's a quiet homely "little" ship and to be honest it was nice to not deal with people being loud and obnoxious at crazy hours like at party hostels. Really different but cool experience. Super clean rooms with private shower per room. Good breakfast. We loved this place. 100%.

We were very comfortable and the staff was very helpful and did everything to help everybody. We higlgy recommend this facility

• 30th Jun 2013