Gandalf Passenger Ship Reviews

Oosterdok 2 Dock 1, Amsterdam, Netherlands

It was an excellent accommodation! Just the facilities could be a little better (Microwave, oven, wi-fi). The wi-fi does not work properly in our room, so that we need to stay in the lounge to use the internet. Talking about kitchen facilities, the owner allowed us to use the microwave in the kitchen, but it is not totally available to everybody (we should ask to use). However it was so awesome to stay in a boat, all the other stuffs were perfect and the breakfast was so good. We recommend this!

Hans and his wife were very welcoming and helpful. Everything about staying on this passenger ship was a pleasure, including the location, atmosphere, breakfast, my own cabin and company of other people. Beats staying in a hotel anyday - and the WIFI worked perfectly! Best regards, Gavin

• 25th Nov 2013

Great stay...staff is friendly and attentive to your needs and it was very clean..location was close to attractions and free breakfast was good each day

The location was fairly convenient; I had to pull my heavy bag for 15min from the train station but that was my own fault, really. The owners gave me a hand taking the suitcase off the boat, which was great. The staff were polite but reserved, and would only accept cash for the berth, which was not advertised in advance. Like most places in Amsterdam, I had to pay for two beds even though I only wanted one, but at least I didn't have to pay for two nights as well. Breakfast was fine.

• 2nd Nov 2013
  • Scotland

Good accomodation, atmophere and breakfast. It's interesting to spleep in a boat. Few minutes from the central station and close to Nemo, Science Museum. We recommend this B&B.

• 31st Oct 2013

the relaxed atmosphere was just what's needed before and after sight-seeing. Excellent value with breakfasts to set you up for the whole day thanks to Hans and his team. Would definitely go back, no question. Many thanks for a great stay.

• 26th Oct 2013
  • Scotland
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Great staff and delicious breakfast! Very welcoming and cozy. Wifi was great.

Dankeschön für die schöne Zeit und nette Betreuung auf dem Schiff Gandalf. Wir waren schon das zweite Mal da und werden gern wieder kommen. Familie Arndt

• 24th Oct 2013

Bellissimo battello, si sta molto bene,le stanze sono vivibili e pulite. Colazione buona ed abbondante, il Capitano è un personaggio! Peccato che siamo state solo una notte! Da ritornare!

Le séjour à bord du Gandalf a été très plaisant! Dans les points positifs: un emplacement proche du centre, un accueil et une salle à manger chaleureux, un buffet petit déjeuner bien garni, des hublots à la place des fenêtres, le léger balancement du bateau durant la nuit et le calme du port pour dormir. Dans les points moins positifs: pas de chambres à lit double, condensation parfois importante sur les hublots; au final superbe aventure que celle de dormir sur un bateau!

• 17th Oct 2013
  • Switzerland

Zeer goede service, vriendelijk personeel

• 6th Oct 2013

we´ve booked a doubleroom in advance and the owner cancelled our Reservation just 24 hours before we arrived. He told me that he was fully booked for a charter cruise on that Weekend. In cause of the fact, that we couldn´t get a cheap Hotel on just that day, we had to finish our Holiday in the Netherlands 3 days to early. Fairly i have to say, the ownwer gave us 100 Euros as an excuse. But a satifying Holiday would be much better. I couldn´t recommend to book here on this ship.

• 3rd Oct 2013