Ganesha Kampot, Eco Guesthouse and more Reviews

Kampon Krong Village, Kampon Kreng Commune, Tek Chhou District, Kampot, Cambodia

A nice location, although far out from the town. Very peaceful. Although music Is played at night which is quite loud if you are staying in the main lodge and also cigarette smoke can be smelt in your room from downstairs. The owner was welcoming and spent time with us on arrival to tell us about the local area which was nice.

This hostel is pure bliss.... AMAZING place, you have to stay here but you will also need motor bikes to get the most out of it and the area.

Had a fantastic stay here, its so relaxing, yet there are also so many things to do if you choose. The rooms are clean and very nice, and the staff are all really helpful and lovely people. Could not recommend are higher!

Wanted somewhere chilled to relax, and this was ideal! Quiet during the day and beautiful picturesque location. Varied menu, but a little bit pricey which wasn't the best as the lodge is quite far from town. You should definitely rent the canoe, was a fab way to see the river, but beware the rental bikes are not the most comfortable ;) only real downside was the loud techno/dance music played in the evening which wasn't befitting the atmosphere, but they did happily turn it down on request.

We planed to stay there two nights, but we ended up staying for five. The staff is super friendly and we felt at home from the moment we entered the hostel. Amassing place and some of the best food we've got in Cambodia :) you won't regret staying here!

Ganesha is a fair distance from town but that only adds to its charm- we really enjoyed our stay here, Stephanie was very helpful and gave us good suggestions for day trips etc and helped to organise a scooter rental for us. The restaurant is quite pricey but not overly so, and the food is excellent! Can't recommend this place enough, will definitely be staying here again if we come back to Kampot!

Simply magic

• 16th Jan 2015

Had really relaxing stay here, the food was so nice and the staff were so nice. Little out the way but just rent push bike for $2 for the day or get a Tuk tuk into town for $4 one-way, charlotte would like to thank Stephanie part owner for her help when she injured her self, it was much appreciated :)

Lovely place, very unique. The food was amazing and the drinks. Clean place and plenty to do. The area is out of the main town but the staff are so helpful. You can hire bikes, a canoe and they will organise trips, tuk tuks etc for you. The only problem we had was a lack of sleep, staying in the main house was a bit noisey as you can hear everything below you in the bar and hear your neighbours come in at 1am from the town!

Ganesha is one of the best places you can stay. The food at the restaurant is excellent and everyone on the staff is very helpful. I extended my stay two nights. You'll need a motorbike to get back and forth to town as it is a few kilometers outside town. If you're in a group that's perfect because you can split the cost of the tuk tuk.

Extremely relaxing after staying a while in Sihanoukville and Koh Rong. It's out in the countryside, not the city, which was just awesome. I'd factor in renting a motorbike into the cost here ($5/day). It was very clear that the entire staff took a lot of pride in this establishment. The food was excellent as well. Extremely clean, they can book anything you want (and I don't think they take any commission). If you're looking for a place to unwind for a couple days, this is perfect.

I can't say enough good things about this place. The atmosphere is unbeatable, location is perfect, staff and facilities are great. The restaurant prepares the best Khmer food I've had in Cambodia, though it's a bit pricey so I couldn't eat here every meal. This place is the perfect getaway. It's small, so you get plenty of personal help planning your stay.

We went to this place after we had been on the party pretty hard. On arrival we felt we'd been drivin to the middle of no where. What followed can only be described as the most relaxing stay in Cambodia. Great food, good vibes and most of all great people. Not a party hostel but a great place to sit back and take it all in. I suggest hiring bikes and riding in and out of this hostel and heading up to Mount Bokor. This hostel is one of my favourite places in Cambodia!

Great forest location Cool huts Good WiFi in Restaurant Staff are very helpful and are happy to organise transport or activities Amazing night sky. - A little far out of town $4 tuk tuk - No WiFi in huts - Cold shower. But it all added to the experience.

• 17th Nov 2014
  • Wales

The people were really helpful and thanks to them I think I had an amazing experience of Kampot. Thanks you guys for all those guide books and leaflets and for telling me about Ecran. I don't know if any other hostel would have cared so much for their guests and their holiday experience. And a big thanks to the kitchen staff. Just a quick suggestion. I noticed that the roof of the tribal hut kinda sheds a bit. If there is any way you could fix that I think it would make for a much prettier room

• 13th Nov 2014
  • India

Best food in town.

An absolute paradise tucked away in the rice fields around Kampot! Beautiful cottages and rooms, simple and as natural as possible. The staff are so lovely and very helpful and ready for a good conversation always. Take the sunset boat ride from here rather than in town where you'll be one of too many tourists. Here you get a custom experience, just you and the river and absolutely stunning countryside. Food is delicious and decently priced. All facilities are as promised, Loved every minute!

Private rooms are spacious and beautiful and a bargain at 8 $. Stéphanie and her staff are super friendly and very helpful, if you want to enjoy a few days in the countryside close to kampot (easy to reach by free house bike, moto/tuktuk or even on foot) on their beautiful, well-kept property, I highly recommend you stay here. Pure bliss!

We had an amazing stay here. Its a great place. We booked 2 nights ended up staying for 6. The staff are all so friendly, welcoming and helpful. The food was so delicious. Its in a great remote location, you are away from everything its so peacful. The scenery is beautiful. You can cycle every where and its also enjoyable to take out the canoe. Thank you guys :-)

Probably my favourite place to stay in Cambodia so far.

View all Kampot Bed and Breakfasts