Ganesha Kampot, Eco Guesthouse and more Reviews

Kampon Krong Village, Kampon Kreng Commune, Tek Chhou District, Kampot, Cambodia

I can't say enough good things about this place. The atmosphere is unbeatable, location is perfect, staff and facilities are great. The restaurant prepares the best Khmer food I've had in Cambodia, though it's a bit pricey so I couldn't eat here every meal. This place is the perfect getaway. It's small, so you get plenty of personal help planning your stay.

We went to this place after we had been on the party pretty hard. On arrival we felt we'd been drivin to the middle of no where. What followed can only be described as the most relaxing stay in Cambodia. Great food, good vibes and most of all great people. Not a party hostel but a great place to sit back and take it all in. I suggest hiring bikes and riding in and out of this hostel and heading up to Mount Bokor. This hostel is one of my favourite places in Cambodia!

Great forest location Cool huts Good WiFi in Restaurant Staff are very helpful and are happy to organise transport or activities Amazing night sky. - A little far out of town $4 tuk tuk - No WiFi in huts - Cold shower. But it all added to the experience.

• 17th Nov 2014
  • Wales

The people were really helpful and thanks to them I think I had an amazing experience of Kampot. Thanks you guys for all those guide books and leaflets and for telling me about Ecran. I don't know if any other hostel would have cared so much for their guests and their holiday experience. And a big thanks to the kitchen staff. Just a quick suggestion. I noticed that the roof of the tribal hut kinda sheds a bit. If there is any way you could fix that I think it would make for a much prettier room

• 13th Nov 2014
  • India

Private rooms are spacious and beautiful and a bargain at 8 $. Stéphanie and her staff are super friendly and very helpful, if you want to enjoy a few days in the countryside close to kampot (easy to reach by free house bike, moto/tuktuk or even on foot) on their beautiful, well-kept property, I highly recommend you stay here. Pure bliss!

We had an amazing stay here. Its a great place. We booked 2 nights ended up staying for 6. The staff are all so friendly, welcoming and helpful. The food was so delicious. Its in a great remote location, you are away from everything its so peacful. The scenery is beautiful. You can cycle every where and its also enjoyable to take out the canoe. Thank you guys :-)

Probably my favourite place to stay in Cambodia so far.

I love how eco friendly this place is. I'm pro-environment - so I like how everything works there. staff are the best, stephanie, emme were wonderful hosts. i stayed in the riverside yurt - cosy little hut by the river with nice sunset views. i will definitely be back!

Stephanie, Emme, Billie and their team create a wonderfully warm and welcoming atmosphere that it's hard to leave. This was exhibited by most of the guests that arrived the same day as me, including myself, changing their plans to stay on an extra night or two. It felt like a home from home with a great common area, lovely rooms and a knowledge on local attractions that was second to none. Thanks for a great stay!

We ( My fiancee and I) love Ganesha Eco Resort. We first came across Ganesha back in May of 2013 and this past trip was our 2nd time staying at Genesha. Stephanie and Emmanuel run the place well and really have a nice setup going. They are laidback and great with the guests. We had an amazing group of people staying for Pchum Ben holiday this past week. Located on the river about 5 KM from Kampot Town, this is a great place to decompress for a few days or more.

• 20th Sep 2014

Our stay here was AMAZING! NIcest staff in the world!

• 16th Sep 2014
  • Belgium

This place is amazing. Would recommend to anyone. Facilities are basic but comfortable, food is great, staff are amazing.

• 16th Sep 2014

The perfect relaxing retreat in the middle of the rural Cambodian countryside. Food was great and the staff were friendly - they had great tips for things to do in the area and were happy to help make arrangements.

• 8th Sep 2014

I'm sorry I'm still gushing about how great this place is. Stayed in both a yurt and the main house, both are perfect. The staff are accommodating, friendly and not at all pushy. Your out of town in the midst of a friendly village, gentle flow of water, greenery and paddy fields. Staying out in the sticks is nice but this is doing it with style. Just FYI walk into town, there's no need to take a bike every time and the tuk-tuks are unsurprisingly uncomfortable on the tracks. Love it !

I cannot speak highly enough about Ganesha. It's peaceful, relaxing and a great getaway from everything else. You'll likely compare every hotel you stay at afterwards to Ganesha, but every place will come up short. Emmanuel, Stephanie, Soon, Billie and the rest of the staff are fantastic and really go the extra mile to make sure your time is great. Ganesha is the reason to go to Kampot, not the other way around :)

Ganesha was everything I was looking for on my trip. The setting middle of the rice fields were perfect. It is off from town, but you can make it easily to Kampot and near by attractions. Food in the restaurant was excellent, there is no need to go anywhere else for dinner. And staff was extremely helpful in all possible ways. Little let down was loudish music in the evening from common area. That probably won't effect if you're staying in one of the bungalows, but my room was just upstairs.

We had planned on staying 2 nights but ended up staying 6; this was the first time I hugged the owner of my guesthouse goodbye. Stephanie and Emmanuel (owners) were fantastic and really interesting people to converse with, and the guesthouse atmosphere was really chill. This is the perfect place not too far away from the city where you see the real side of Kampot and can have great conversation with travelers and staff but still see all of Kampot and Kep within your stay.

Stay for only two nights but wished we could have stayed longer. The owner Stephanie was a wonderful host, made us feel extremely welcome, helped us plan our time, always had time for her guests regardless of what else was going on. The rooms were comfortable, gardens beautiful, the food was good and well priced.... The cocktails were great, especially the melon pepper margarita! Would love toco,e back when the swimming pool is finished! It's a bit out of town but worth it if you want to relax.

View all Kampot Bed and Breakfasts