Ganesha Kampot, Eco Guesthouse and more Reviews

Kampon Krong Village, Kampon Kreng Commune, Tek Chhou District, Kampot, Cambodia

Ganesha is a fair distance from town but that only adds to its charm- we really enjoyed our stay here, Stephanie was very helpful and gave us good suggestions for day trips etc and helped to organise a scooter rental for us. The restaurant is quite pricey but not overly so, and the food is excellent! Can't recommend this place enough, will definitely be staying here again if we come back to Kampot!

Had really relaxing stay here, the food was so nice and the staff were so nice. Little out the way but just rent push bike for $2 for the day or get a Tuk tuk into town for $4 one-way, charlotte would like to thank Stephanie part owner for her help when she injured her self, it was much appreciated :)

Lovely place, very unique. The food was amazing and the drinks. Clean place and plenty to do. The area is out of the main town but the staff are so helpful. You can hire bikes, a canoe and they will organise trips, tuk tuks etc for you. The only problem we had was a lack of sleep, staying in the main house was a bit noisey as you can hear everything below you in the bar and hear your neighbours come in at 1am from the town!

Ganesha is one of the best places you can stay. The food at the restaurant is excellent and everyone on the staff is very helpful. I extended my stay two nights. You'll need a motorbike to get back and forth to town as it is a few kilometers outside town. If you're in a group that's perfect because you can split the cost of the tuk tuk.

Extremely relaxing after staying a while in Sihanoukville and Koh Rong. It's out in the countryside, not the city, which was just awesome. I'd factor in renting a motorbike into the cost here ($5/day). It was very clear that the entire staff took a lot of pride in this establishment. The food was excellent as well. Extremely clean, they can book anything you want (and I don't think they take any commission). If you're looking for a place to unwind for a couple days, this is perfect.

I can't say enough good things about this place. The atmosphere is unbeatable, location is perfect, staff and facilities are great. The restaurant prepares the best Khmer food I've had in Cambodia, though it's a bit pricey so I couldn't eat here every meal. This place is the perfect getaway. It's small, so you get plenty of personal help planning your stay.

We went to this place after we had been on the party pretty hard. On arrival we felt we'd been drivin to the middle of no where. What followed can only be described as the most relaxing stay in Cambodia. Great food, good vibes and most of all great people. Not a party hostel but a great place to sit back and take it all in. I suggest hiring bikes and riding in and out of this hostel and heading up to Mount Bokor. This hostel is one of my favourite places in Cambodia!

Great forest location Cool huts Good WiFi in Restaurant Staff are very helpful and are happy to organise transport or activities Amazing night sky. - A little far out of town $4 tuk tuk - No WiFi in huts - Cold shower. But it all added to the experience.

• 17th Nov 2014
  • Wales

The people were really helpful and thanks to them I think I had an amazing experience of Kampot. Thanks you guys for all those guide books and leaflets and for telling me about Ecran. I don't know if any other hostel would have cared so much for their guests and their holiday experience. And a big thanks to the kitchen staff. Just a quick suggestion. I noticed that the roof of the tribal hut kinda sheds a bit. If there is any way you could fix that I think it would make for a much prettier room

• 13th Nov 2014
  • India

Best food in town.

An absolute paradise tucked away in the rice fields around Kampot! Beautiful cottages and rooms, simple and as natural as possible. The staff are so lovely and very helpful and ready for a good conversation always. Take the sunset boat ride from here rather than in town where you'll be one of too many tourists. Here you get a custom experience, just you and the river and absolutely stunning countryside. Food is delicious and decently priced. All facilities are as promised, Loved every minute!

Private rooms are spacious and beautiful and a bargain at 8 $. Stéphanie and her staff are super friendly and very helpful, if you want to enjoy a few days in the countryside close to kampot (easy to reach by free house bike, moto/tuktuk or even on foot) on their beautiful, well-kept property, I highly recommend you stay here. Pure bliss!

We had an amazing stay here. Its a great place. We booked 2 nights ended up staying for 6. The staff are all so friendly, welcoming and helpful. The food was so delicious. Its in a great remote location, you are away from everything its so peacful. The scenery is beautiful. You can cycle every where and its also enjoyable to take out the canoe. Thank you guys :-)

Probably my favourite place to stay in Cambodia so far.

I love how eco friendly this place is. I'm pro-environment - so I like how everything works there. staff are the best, stephanie, emme were wonderful hosts. i stayed in the riverside yurt - cosy little hut by the river with nice sunset views. i will definitely be back!

Stephanie, Emme, Billie and their team create a wonderfully warm and welcoming atmosphere that it's hard to leave. This was exhibited by most of the guests that arrived the same day as me, including myself, changing their plans to stay on an extra night or two. It felt like a home from home with a great common area, lovely rooms and a knowledge on local attractions that was second to none. Thanks for a great stay!

We ( My fiancee and I) love Ganesha Eco Resort. We first came across Ganesha back in May of 2013 and this past trip was our 2nd time staying at Genesha. Stephanie and Emmanuel run the place well and really have a nice setup going. They are laidback and great with the guests. We had an amazing group of people staying for Pchum Ben holiday this past week. Located on the river about 5 KM from Kampot Town, this is a great place to decompress for a few days or more.

• 20th Sep 2014

Our stay here was AMAZING! NIcest staff in the world!

• 16th Sep 2014
  • Belgium

This place is amazing. Would recommend to anyone. Facilities are basic but comfortable, food is great, staff are amazing.

• 16th Sep 2014

The perfect relaxing retreat in the middle of the rural Cambodian countryside. Food was great and the staff were friendly - they had great tips for things to do in the area and were happy to help make arrangements.

• 8th Sep 2014