Ganesha Kampot, Eco Guesthouse and more

• Kampon Krong Village, Kampon Kreng Commune, Tek Chhou District, Kampot, Cambodia

9.0
Superb 223 Total Reviews
9.0
Superb 223 Total Reviews

25th Apr 2017
6.6

The hostel location is far from town and unfortunately the restaurant food is very expensive with nothing else close by. A couple asked if they could have hot water for instant noodles, but were told they couldn't bring outside food in. I found a bedbug and left right away. The staff denied it was a bedbug even tho I had it in my hand. It was disappointing that the blame was turned on me, that I brought it in because they never had bedbugs before.

• Australia, Couple, 18-24
23rd Apr 2017

Ganesha was a great place to stay, the rooms were very clean, staff were very friendly and can book any tour/transport for you. We extended our stay a bit here as we just loved relaxing here, real good vibe sort of place. Only downside was that it is quite secluded in location, $10 return by tuk tuk into the city, Ganesha is nicer than central kampot anyways. Other than that we loved our stay! And the food was really good here.

• Germany, Female, 25-30
22nd Apr 2017

I loved the welcoming and warm atmosphere. The staff was advisable on things to do around Kampot and gave the best recommendations. It's a cute hideaway with delicious!! food and tasty cocktails. Very familiar!

• USA, Female, 25-30
12th Apr 2017

I had an absolutely incredible time at Ganesha. It was a garden paradise, truly. When I arrived I thought that I would be a bit lonely, being removed from the town. To my happy surprise I met some of the most incredible people of my Cambodian journey, both staff and guests. I was relaxed and so happy, surrounded by nature and lovely villages full of kind strangers who helped me when I crashed my motorbike. The food was perfect. The drinks were incredible. Thank you for a wonderful experience.

• Norway, Female, 18-24
9th Apr 2017

This was a lovely and quiet place to chill and just relax for a couple of days. It is quite far from the city, so we just stayed at the hostel all day. The staff is very friendly and nice, we had a lovely sunset boat trip and they had great ice cream. Not great if you are into partying or want to be social.

• England, Male, 18-24
22nd Mar 2017

Beautiful location, atmosphere and staff were great! On top of that, facilities are clean and spacious, with incredible food. Highly recommend and defitnielt would visit again.

11th Mar 2017

Loved my time there! Wish I could have stayed longer!

• New Zealand, Male, 25-30
10th Mar 2017

Booked for 2 nights, stayed for over a week. Such a peaceful place. Food is amazing. Staff are exceptional. Beds are very comfortable. Would return to Cambodia just to stay here

• Canada, Female, 18-24
15th Feb 2017

One of the best places I have stayed on my trip. Amazing relaxed atmosphere, but with plenty to do as well. Badminton court, natural pool, canoe tours and only a twenty minute easy bicycle ride from town. Delicious food, very friendly, welcoming staff. Perfect if you're the kind of person to head to bed at a decent time and enjoy your day. Not a party spot. Booked two nights staying 6.

14th Feb 2017

You should know this is a little bit out of Kampot and is accessible through bumpy roads, which is fine if you don't plan to travel back and forth between the city and the hostel. They rent motorbikes for those who can handle the scrappy roads, which is a great option to discover the countryside by yourself. Room was A1, very comfortable. The showers are a bit awkward as they only consist of a hand shower right next to the toilet with no dedicated space. Great place anyway, would recommend!