Ganesha Kampot, Eco Guesthouse and more Reviews

Kampon Krong Village, Kampon Kreng Commune, Tek Chhou District, Kampot, Cambodia

We had an amazing stay here. Its a great place. We booked 2 nights ended up staying for 6. The staff are all so friendly, welcoming and helpful. The food was so delicious. Its in a great remote location, you are away from everything its so peacful. The scenery is beautiful. You can cycle every where and its also enjoyable to take out the canoe. Thank you guys :-)

Probably my favourite place to stay in Cambodia so far.

I love how eco friendly this place is. I'm pro-environment - so I like how everything works there. staff are the best, stephanie, emme were wonderful hosts. i stayed in the riverside yurt - cosy little hut by the river with nice sunset views. i will definitely be back!

Stephanie, Emme, Billie and their team create a wonderfully warm and welcoming atmosphere that it's hard to leave. This was exhibited by most of the guests that arrived the same day as me, including myself, changing their plans to stay on an extra night or two. It felt like a home from home with a great common area, lovely rooms and a knowledge on local attractions that was second to none. Thanks for a great stay!

We ( My fiancee and I) love Ganesha Eco Resort. We first came across Ganesha back in May of 2013 and this past trip was our 2nd time staying at Genesha. Stephanie and Emmanuel run the place well and really have a nice setup going. They are laidback and great with the guests. We had an amazing group of people staying for Pchum Ben holiday this past week. Located on the river about 5 KM from Kampot Town, this is a great place to decompress for a few days or more.

• 20th Sep 2014

Our stay here was AMAZING! NIcest staff in the world!

• 16th Sep 2014
  • Belgium

This place is amazing. Would recommend to anyone. Facilities are basic but comfortable, food is great, staff are amazing.

• 16th Sep 2014

The perfect relaxing retreat in the middle of the rural Cambodian countryside. Food was great and the staff were friendly - they had great tips for things to do in the area and were happy to help make arrangements.

• 8th Sep 2014

I'm sorry I'm still gushing about how great this place is. Stayed in both a yurt and the main house, both are perfect. The staff are accommodating, friendly and not at all pushy. Your out of town in the midst of a friendly village, gentle flow of water, greenery and paddy fields. Staying out in the sticks is nice but this is doing it with style. Just FYI walk into town, there's no need to take a bike every time and the tuk-tuks are unsurprisingly uncomfortable on the tracks. Love it !

I cannot speak highly enough about Ganesha. It's peaceful, relaxing and a great getaway from everything else. You'll likely compare every hotel you stay at afterwards to Ganesha, but every place will come up short. Emmanuel, Stephanie, Soon, Billie and the rest of the staff are fantastic and really go the extra mile to make sure your time is great. Ganesha is the reason to go to Kampot, not the other way around :)

Ganesha was everything I was looking for on my trip. The setting middle of the rice fields were perfect. It is off from town, but you can make it easily to Kampot and near by attractions. Food in the restaurant was excellent, there is no need to go anywhere else for dinner. And staff was extremely helpful in all possible ways. Little let down was loudish music in the evening from common area. That probably won't effect if you're staying in one of the bungalows, but my room was just upstairs.

We had planned on staying 2 nights but ended up staying 6; this was the first time I hugged the owner of my guesthouse goodbye. Stephanie and Emmanuel (owners) were fantastic and really interesting people to converse with, and the guesthouse atmosphere was really chill. This is the perfect place not too far away from the city where you see the real side of Kampot and can have great conversation with travelers and staff but still see all of Kampot and Kep within your stay.

Stay for only two nights but wished we could have stayed longer. The owner Stephanie was a wonderful host, made us feel extremely welcome, helped us plan our time, always had time for her guests regardless of what else was going on. The rooms were comfortable, gardens beautiful, the food was good and well priced.... The cocktails were great, especially the melon pepper margarita! Would love toco,e back when the swimming pool is finished! It's a bit out of town but worth it if you want to relax.

Can't fault it! The most wonderful stay at a very special place. Highly recommended

• 17th Jun 2014
  • New Zealand

It was a very nice and relax hostel located in nature. The staff was great. very helpful.

Great place if you're looking for relaxation in beautiful rural sorroundings, without being too far away from the town. Food is a little pricey, but everything we had tasted great. Awesome pancakes! The bungalow was beautiful and homey, though we had a few small visitors... The mosqouito net kept us safe ;) we had two balconys - one to the sunrise and one to the sunset. Beautiful

Still needs a bit of work e.g. Some solar lights outside at night, landscaping of garden and surrounds . Need new/ better bikes Music and food excellent.

Found the lady who was running the resort to be rude and it is pretty far away from Kampot (15 minute tuk tuk ride)

You arrived 1 day late without informing us. I didn't charge you the night you missed. No excuse when you arrived at 4pm, 6:30am the day after, you were gone. You stayed less than 15 hrs, quite short to have an honest opinion. Sorry if you didn't appreciate when I said you lost your deposit on HW. No news from you, I had to cancel your booking to let the room available. The deposit is managed by HW, not us. And yes, we are located 5 km from Kampot as it mentions clearly on our website and HW.

I could come back to Cambodia just to be able to stay at Ganesha again! It was my favourite place in the whole country, made my stay in Kampot very special. The quietness and the beautiful sceneries were wonderful, and kayaking with the very authentic Khmer kayak in the middle of the mangrove forest was amazing! Service is excellent, the restaurant/bar/lounge was very cosy and after you taste their food, you don't want to eat anywhere else, it's so good! Stéphanie is the heart of this place. :)

Ganesha is a perfect place to relax and enjoy the Cambodian country side and beautiful river systems around Kampot. The food is excellent and the staff are so warm and helpful. It is a remote location though (5 kms outside of town) so if you want a party this isn't for you. The only thing that was not ideal was their bikes. We had a lot of difficulty biking into town as they weren't well maintained. Otherwise an excellent experience. Enjoy the sunset!

View all Kampot Bed and Breakfasts