Ganesha Riverside Eco Resort Reviews

Kampon Krong Village, Kampon Kreng Commune, Tek Chhou District, Kampot, Cambodia

I cannot speak highly enough about Ganesha. It's peaceful, relaxing and a great getaway from everything else. You'll likely compare every hotel you stay at afterwards to Ganesha, but every place will come up short. Emmanuel, Stephanie, Soon, Billie and the rest of the staff are fantastic and really go the extra mile to make sure your time is great. Ganesha is the reason to go to Kampot, not the other way around :)

Ganesha was everything I was looking for on my trip. The setting middle of the rice fields were perfect. It is off from town, but you can make it easily to Kampot and near by attractions. Food in the restaurant was excellent, there is no need to go anywhere else for dinner. And staff was extremely helpful in all possible ways. Little let down was loudish music in the evening from common area. That probably won't effect if you're staying in one of the bungalows, but my room was just upstairs.

We had planned on staying 2 nights but ended up staying 6; this was the first time I hugged the owner of my guesthouse goodbye. Stephanie and Emmanuel (owners) were fantastic and really interesting people to converse with, and the guesthouse atmosphere was really chill. This is the perfect place not too far away from the city where you see the real side of Kampot and can have great conversation with travelers and staff but still see all of Kampot and Kep within your stay.

Stay for only two nights but wished we could have stayed longer. The owner Stephanie was a wonderful host, made us feel extremely welcome, helped us plan our time, always had time for her guests regardless of what else was going on. The rooms were comfortable, gardens beautiful, the food was good and well priced.... The cocktails were great, especially the melon pepper margarita! Would love toco,e back when the swimming pool is finished! It's a bit out of town but worth it if you want to relax.

Can't fault it! The most wonderful stay at a very special place. Highly recommended

• 17th Jun 2014
  • New Zealand

It was a very nice and relax hostel located in nature. The staff was great. very helpful.

Great place if you're looking for relaxation in beautiful rural sorroundings, without being too far away from the town. Food is a little pricey, but everything we had tasted great. Awesome pancakes! The bungalow was beautiful and homey, though we had a few small visitors... The mosqouito net kept us safe ;) we had two balconys - one to the sunrise and one to the sunset. Beautiful

Still needs a bit of work e.g. Some solar lights outside at night, landscaping of garden and surrounds . Need new/ better bikes Music and food excellent.

Found the lady who was running the resort to be rude and it is pretty far away from Kampot (15 minute tuk tuk ride)

You arrived 1 day late without informing us. I didn't charge you the night you missed. No excuse when you arrived at 4pm, 6:30am the day after, you were gone. You stayed less than 15 hrs, quite short to have an honest opinion. Sorry if you didn't appreciate when I said you lost your deposit on HW. No news from you, I had to cancel your booking to let the room available. The deposit is managed by HW, not us. And yes, we are located 5 km from Kampot as it mentions clearly on our website and HW.

I could come back to Cambodia just to be able to stay at Ganesha again! It was my favourite place in the whole country, made my stay in Kampot very special. The quietness and the beautiful sceneries were wonderful, and kayaking with the very authentic Khmer kayak in the middle of the mangrove forest was amazing! Service is excellent, the restaurant/bar/lounge was very cosy and after you taste their food, you don't want to eat anywhere else, it's so good! Stéphanie is the heart of this place. :)

Ganesha is a perfect place to relax and enjoy the Cambodian country side and beautiful river systems around Kampot. The food is excellent and the staff are so warm and helpful. It is a remote location though (5 kms outside of town) so if you want a party this isn't for you. The only thing that was not ideal was their bikes. We had a lot of difficulty biking into town as they weren't well maintained. Otherwise an excellent experience. Enjoy the sunset!

Had a lovely time at this place. The staff were really friendly and helpful, our room was in a traditional yurt by the riverside and the whole place was just so peaceful, beautiful and very chill. Great restaurant food too. Be aware that it is an eco-resort, so expect lots of bugs, very basic washrooms/showers, and it's kind of located out in the middle of nowhere. We didn't deduct points for this however, as we thought it all added to the experience.

Had a lovely time at Ganesha! It's a little bit off the beaten track, and exactly what I wanted. Stefanie and Emmanuel are lovely and perfect hosts! The food was good as well and you can use the bicycles for free. What more to ask for. Stay at Ganesha if you go to Kampot (and you should go)!

This is the best hostel we have stayed so far in my life. Cheap price, hotel-class catering, beautufil landscape, atmosheric environment are only some of the attractions in this hostel. In short, everything is just perfect.

Everything that you would desire from a retreat, and more. beautiful place, beautiful people.

• 2nd Apr 2014

A perfect stay in Kampot.

We enjoyed the stay very much! Stephanie and her team are very nice and supportive. The environment is just fabulous. I rated security lower, as it is not safe to keep valuables in the "rooms", but the owner offers to lock valuables in the "central" safe. "Facilities" are simple: no AC, no warm water (which is not western standard) - but I didn't miss it at all. All in all I felt very comfortable and would return any time.

• 23rd Mar 2014

Is comfortable and charming, also provides a peaceful respite from the hustle and bustle. The grounds are lovely, with beautiful plants and really close to the river. Our room was comfortable and clean, and we enjoyed hanging out there. The onsite restaurant has delicious and healthy food. We loved having breakfast there each morning. While we would have liked to be able to walk to town, we also liked being away from the tourist traps and in a quieter area. Take free bikes to check the city.

View all Kampot Bed and Breakfasts