Gap Year Hostel Reviews

322 Lavender Street, Singapore, Singapore

The blanket should be definitely replaced. I was almost frozen all long night. Bathroom's not so clean. Staff's friendly and location's quite well.

I'm sorry but the place was dirty and the room without windows and the staff doesn't care abiti the people in the hostel

we are sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. not all our rooms have windows and we do our best to upkeep the area clean. i have talked to you both a few times but you choose to keep to yourselves, so i wasn't sure why you comment that the staff doesn't care.

We had a great stay at Gap Year Hostel! :) We're group of 6 tourists & that was our first time to try backpackers inn & it was awesome!

• 3rd Jun 2015
  • Philippines

Bad smell in the room. The tollet very poor. No facilities.

• 29th May 2015
  • Thailand

good as last time!

The beds were a bit difficult to get to seeing as there were no ladders to get up. The room was a bit cramped for 4 people moving around and not enough space inside the lockers.

• 20th Mar 2015
  • Philippines

I initially booked for 5 days and now extended for another 3 days. I could have changed hostel when I found some of the cheaper ones became available but Gap Year feels like home already. Staff are friendly and accommodating, free breakfast and unlimited coffee 24 hrs helps a lot when you're in a tight budget. Wifi is sometimes unstable though. Some nights can't help getting pissed with heavy footsteps and door slamming upstairs till the wee hours but I'm good. Might stay another week or so.

• 18th Feb 2015
  • Philippines

Very friendly staff, I really enjoyed my stay

The staff was poor. As were most of the facilities, especially for the money.

hi, we were pretty disappointed with your rating of us for our staff. When you wanted to print your flight confirmation, we even printed it for free when we usually charge for it. To help you save on the late check in surcharge, we made arrangements for your friend who came earlier to pass you your keys. Singapore is an expensive city, we have tried our best to provide as much and were sorry for not able to meet your expectation.

It was a last minute booking for my cousin who had to be in Singapore for a night and I was not able to let him stay at my place. The location was accessible and he was happy with the arrangements. His feedback: pleasant communal, no frills stay. Guess that sums it all.

• 10th Feb 2015
  • Singapore

its pretty hard to climb the bunk bed