Gap Year Hostel Reviews

322 Lavender Street, Singapore, Singapore

Friendly staff and comfortable room space to rest, but there are only 2 toilets.

The female's room is a little bit going mouldy.the envienment and condition is good.

We had a really good time in the hostel... great staff, great location the only down thing was that the room we had wasn't got window. But its still ok if you staing few days. Thanks

i come with my friend in january ,we think this is very good hostel and staff also friendly ,the price is worth us to visit next time. and thank you we have very friendly roommate when we there.

• 17th Jan 2014
  • Indonesia

Several rooms have no window, therefore unnot enough fresh air. Place is old but renovated and clean. Staff is very friendly.

Great staff, great location, very clean, very spacious and modern. Highly recommended for both long and short term stays. 10/10

• 4th Jan 2014

Staffs were friendly and very much helpful especially in locating nearest places you need to go to...tnx a lot ;) worth d price I must add

• 26th Dec 2013
  • Philippines

I've stayed in many hostels in my life, but this was so far the worst one. Didn't feel relaxed there, awful single room: like a room in a jail; no windows, really small one, not cozy at all...

• 24th Oct 2013
  • Finland

So sorry that you did not enjoy your one-night stay with us. We can't have windows due to regulations and space is always a concern in tiny Singapore.

This was a seemingly great hostel, but there were some people there--we couldn't tell if they were residents, staff, or both--who would be up at 2 or 3 in the morning doing laundry--which was located just outside our door. One of these same men also made our friend, a woman staying in a private room, very uncomfortable by constant staring, and always happening to be nearby when she exited the shower.

Hi, So sorry that the guests were doing laundry in the early morning which wasn't allowed. We will look into the matter.

Gap year hostel is a very pleasant, cozy and tidy hostel with an excellent location close to the Boon Keng MRT, Therefore it is very easy to explore the city, but even by foot there is no problem to reach several food courts and malls (e.g. Mustafa). Although the name "gap year" indicates a rather younger clientele, even professionals will enjoy there stay in this bijou hostel. The staff will give you a warm welcome!

The staff here is very friendly and helpful. I felt quite welcomed by them. There is also a nice sitting area by the front desk. It was also quite clean and the mattresses were comfortable. Having to go outside to go to our dorm room felt a bit makeshift, and compounded the issue with a shortage of bathrooms. Also, ladders and curtains on the bed would go a long ways. My bed was in the corner with the open side where people usually climb up against the wall, which made it rather difficult.

Absolutely lovely staff letting us looking after our bags all day then giving us a bag of snacks for our long flight home.

• 14th Sep 2013

The room is definitely a great deal is land scare Singapore. However, a small nice found its way to my room on the first night. I'm not scare of rats but it can scare other people. I don't think it's the fault of the hostel owner as there's a restaurant below... I'm very sure it comes from the restaurant. The room smells a little of urine.... I believed it's from the mice. Someone, I believed was their staff, opened my room door twice without knocking.... a courtesy knock would be nice?

• 12th Sep 2013
  • Singapore

Thanks for your feedback! We have engaged in a variety of measures to "combat" the mice issue and is now under control. We have also educated our staff to knock before going into any room. Thanks again

If you are thinking about staying in the one bedroom by yourself. Don't. It's through a separate part of the building and when they opened the door I thought for a moment that it was the janitors storage cupboard. No windows and tidy, literally a small single bed and room to stand up. Plus there is a green light that is on all night. Plus all through the night sound of vomiting and people coughing up who knows what. I would definitely not stay there again

Hi, thanks for your feedback. The green light is from the emergency light's battery indicator. We are sorry that there is other guests who vomit and cough in the night. Our rooms are small but functional and tidy.

As far as hostels go this place is great. Just on the edge of little India between 2 MRT stations and plenty of taxis nearby. The owners of Gap Year Hostel are super friendly, they spent around an hour with us giving us tips on restaurants, places to go and things to see etc for when we return to Singapore in a few weeks. The room was comfortable and quiet. We booked this as an overnight crash pad, I now however regret booking a hotel when we're back, I would happily have stayed here instead.

• 10th Aug 2013

I was sick during the trip but staffs are really nice to me, they always ask if I need anything or need to see the doctor. Location is good too. Only take you less than 5 minutes to walk to the nearest MRT station. The only thing to complain is the restroom. We need more sinks!

Nice inn. Comfortable and safe. The boss and wife is very helpful and friendly. Love to stay there again.

• 3rd Aug 2013
  • China

Located just down the street from Boon Keng subway stop - centrally located - 20 minute subway or less to all the main areas of town (bout an hour and a bit to the airport though - be advised when leaving). Staff were super helpful and friendly. Could have been a little cleaner (certainly wasn't the worst though). Hot water, air con, WiFi in rooms - check, check, check! 24 hour access by electronic key card. Wonderful hostel. Would stay here again.

Feels at home, no gimmick, worth every penny and very safe. The staff were very friendly and never fail to help me on my enquires. 宾至如归,安全友善。:) 一定推荐。

• 3rd Aug 2013
  • China

I found the staff mostly very helpful however was a little annoyed when I had to check out that there was noone at reception for over an hour the morning I had to check out meaning I couldn't leave the hostel. The rooms are rather cramped but quite clean. I didn't really like the fact that the showers / toilets (there were two)are in the same small cubicle so if someone has done there business before you go in there it's not very pleasant having a shower. However this happens a lot in Asia.

Thanks for your feedback. Our reception only opens from 8am to 10pm.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7