Garden House Hostel Reviews

Avenida San Juan 1271,San Telmo., Buenos Aires, Argentina

A bit cramped and soggy in the bathroom. I noticed the trash can there did not get emptied in my 36 hours, and it was nearly full when I arrived. Good access to the Ecological Park and buses and subway. The Sunday market -once a month- was a special treat. As a runner, I found it possible to run the streets during Sunday afternoon, not feasible in some cities.

Our stay at Garden House Hostel was lovely! The terrace is a real treat with fresh mint growing and a table and chairs so in the evenings you can sit with a view over the San Juan area. The 8 bed dorm was well-equipped with lockers and the beds were comfortable. The breakfast was one of the best we have had so far. Also the staff were very helpful and friendly. We would definitely recommend staying here for at least one night!

My experience was so negative that I decided to loose the whole money and search for another solution. I didn't spend more than 6hours in that place(I just stayed to use wifi to get another place to go...). My room was a double ensuite, as soon as I walked in I had a heart attack:the whole bed stuff was filthy (frame bed stuffing,mattress, duvet and pillows), the duvet and the pillows cases were dirty and there was dust and mold everywhere. There was also someone else's cut nails on the floor!!!

Nice Hostel, good location, cheap, very friendly staff. Breakfast could be better, small kitchen, cleanless in general could be better

This was a take it or leave it kind of hostel, we had a pleasant stay but weren't completely blown away. The garden terrace was a beautiful place to chill and eat dinner, pretty close to the metro, staff was helpful with information about the city. Private had a bit of a weird smell but it was clean and comfortable

Great Hostel, loved being there and we met some great people! The owner is a great guy and did everything to help us when there was anything. We could go to him straight away to ask for help or a solution.

It´s right in front of a 15+ lane highway und above the underground. Our double room with shared "balcony" would shake if a tube came by. The kitchen was ok except the swarms of cockraches in the cupboards. The "Garden" a rooftop with a couple of plants was ok, not relaxing but ok. Breakfast was basic but no one would even change the tablecloths for days. The library was excellet, though! The owner is a great guy who really tried to get the place running. Not San Telmo as advertised!

It is a very good hostel, comfortable, quiet and with a friendly staff. It's very close to the subway and many bus lines. Just a precision, the address and the description online say 'San Telmo' and 'Montserrat', but the hostel is in reality in the district of 'Constitucion'.

At first we had only booked to nights, but we ended up staying six nights because we really liked the place. There is a great atmosphere where people really talk to eachother. The place is run by a brother and sister, and they are great! The sleepingrooms are good, and the commonroom is nice and clean too. But They should really do a proper cleaning of the kitchen. It is a mess and we did see cockroaches there a couple of times. But overall we would love to return to The Garden!

This is the best hostel I've stayed at in South America. The staff go the extra mile to help you out and there's a great mix of travellers here. It's a smaller hostel so everyone meets everyone. The breakfast is big enough and the beds are comfortable. There are two locked doors on the way in for security and there are lockers for your valuables. I have stayed here twice and would definitely stay again.

• 30th Sep 2015