Garden House Hostel Reviews

Avenida San Juan 1271,San Telmo., Buenos Aires, Argentina

very friendly staff which gave good advice what to see and where to eat

We had a twin bedroom with a glass door to our ensuite bathroom that did not leave too much privacy... The breakfast area as well as the whole hostel could have been cleaner. Further, the hostel was quite far away from the centre which was not too bad but made the price seem quite high. The staff was nice though. It's okay if you don't expect too much.

• 30th Jul 2014

Excellent people!!!!

• 28th Jul 2014
  • Spain

Other people really seemed to like this hostel. Me on the other hand, not so much of a fan... I have been to nicer hostels in better locations closer to the central part of San Telmo. The showers I didn't like... There was no place to change and there was always water on the floor of the toilets. There is a library which is cool. Staff were helpful enough. Bunk beds were comfortable with ladders for the top bunk.

Nice peaple, nice atmosphere for a good price. The rooms are quite small but clean. The staff is very helpful and the hostel is only a 20 minute walk to the nice area of San Thelmo. For a few days Gardenhouse is really recommandable. I guess in summer (we've been there in winter) it's still nicer, because they have a big terrasse where they do barbecue together.

• 22nd May 2014

The Cleanliness of the common areas were ok, but our private bathroom wasn't clean enough. And the shower also was not good. (hot but little water)

• 2nd May 2014

Location is good: close to the subway, in an avenue that passes a lot of buses, next to the center. The staff are nice and polite, and the bathrooms are clean. The best thing about Garden House is that it acommodates only 25 persons, so it's not loud nor crowded and yet you get to talk and meet people. However, one thing really bothered me: they didn't have toilet paper, even when I asked for it. As I stayed only one night, it was not a big problem, but otherwise it would've been terrible.

• 20th Apr 2014

Great people and awesome service at an unbeatable price. I've been there 4 times and I've always found it enjoyable.

• 29th Mar 2014