Garden House Hostel Reviews

Avenida San Juan 1271,San Telmo., Buenos Aires, Argentina

On our last night, the staff was partying with people at the reception, talking loudly, drinking wine but worst, they were smoking cigarettes inside. As my room was close from the reception, I was not able to sleep. The hostel was not really clean, the floor of my room was dirty and the kitchen as well. I was wondering why this hostel was so recommended because it was only ok. It a bit far from the center and the location is on a sad and busy street with nothing close.

Garden House makes for an OK place to sleep. Two rooms are adjacent to a street with a lot of very loud traffic, and there is no garden, despite the name. It's not very centrally located (actually not in San Telmo), but fine if you're up for a little walk. Staff is nice. Breakfast is nothing like the pictures; only bread, butter, and jam. Several door locks are practically broken and should be replaced, there's dust in the most ridiculous places, and bathrooms are not cleaned well.

• 26th Nov 2014
  • Norway

A good home for us in Buenos Aires with a fine cross section of travelers. It was a treat to have two small children among the guests for a day or two.

This place is OK but located in a dangerous neighborhood. It's not a place for women to be walking alone or to be coming home after a late night. The place itself is OK, but I didn't see any of the staff friendliness mentioned in other posts, nor did I feel there was a great traveler vibe there - in fact there were a lot of locals living there. The place was of average cleanliness and facilities were OK. One day b'fast was great, with fruit, etc and the next no fruit, just the basics!

Excelent breakfast

• 15th Nov 2014
  • Argentina

Really need a good clean up and painting... And the walls are thin if you are looking for a matrimonial room. I think it is better for travellers that wants dormitory

• 14th Nov 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Staff is very friendly and helpfull. If you pretend not to see all the hairs on the ground, it is pretty clean. You have to walk quiet a distance to get to the center, but there's a subway real nearby.

We just loved this place!! Everyone there was so nice with us and made us feel like home!!! we definitely recommend this place.

• 5th Nov 2014
  • Mexico

that you very much for your help and your hospitalit!! i have recently got to your hostel in the middle of the night and got the best welcome i could ever expect from Julio! muchas gracias por todo seguro que voy a volver!

I had a great time at the hotel, very well located, near the subway lines, buses and metrobus, you can move more easily through the city. The guys in the administration were always friendly and ready to help at any time. It has free wifi, but rarely was a little slow or connection was lost, but it was not horrible, very good overall. the atmosphere is very quiet, I had a private double room, and I'm happy with my choice. I would totally recommend.

• 29th Sep 2014
  • Peru

very friendly staff which gave good advice what to see and where to eat

We had a twin bedroom with a glass door to our ensuite bathroom that did not leave too much privacy... The breakfast area as well as the whole hostel could have been cleaner. Further, the hostel was quite far away from the centre which was not too bad but made the price seem quite high. The staff was nice though. It's okay if you don't expect too much.

• 30th Jul 2014

Excellent people!!!!

• 28th Jul 2014
  • Spain

Other people really seemed to like this hostel. Me on the other hand, not so much of a fan... I have been to nicer hostels in better locations closer to the central part of San Telmo. The showers I didn't like... There was no place to change and there was always water on the floor of the toilets. There is a library which is cool. Staff were helpful enough. Bunk beds were comfortable with ladders for the top bunk.

View all Buenos Aires Hostels