Garden House Hostel Reviews

Rua de Santa Catarina, 501, Porto, Portugal

Completely awesome! It's so beautiful and everyone was so helpful. I really love staying here. I just don't understand why there's no lights in the room (besides the small one in each bed) o_O' Anyway, I'm definitily coming back here next time I come to Porto. Thanks for everything.

Rooms will be better with curtains around the bed. Very charming hostel!

• 22nd Aug 2014

This is the best hostel I've ever stayed in! Spacious, modern kitchen, bathrooms, indoor and outdoor rooms. The owners are on the premises regularly caring about the details, and maintaining a friendly, respectful atmosphere. When I misunderstood my late train departure, a staff member brought out a hide-away bed. Please God, let there be more great places like this one.

it was perfect, and the owner of the hostel is a very nice guy. the only thing is that maybe you shouldn't figer a girl at 5 a.m. while you are in the garden... the guy who's there (like the night guard) felt the urge to clean the outside ashtrays at 5:05 in the morning... so i think that they don't like that...

Amazing hostel! Excellent staff, accommodation and location ;)

Great hostel! Location is just perfect, in the shopping Street so yeah maybe it can be a bit noisy but you deal with it, we never had to use the subway thanks to his good location. Staff was really kind. And the terras gave us the possibility to meet other people and have nice talks. I really recommend this hostel, and would definitely go back if I'm back in Porto!

Very well located, with a very pleasant and sunny inner courtyard. The kitchen was very clean and well equiped.

• 3rd Aug 2014

A great hostel! The rooms were very spacious and comfortable and the location was excellent - within walking distance of the major sites. The staff were friendly and helpful and the activities that could be organised through the hostel were also good. I had a very enjoyable stay here and would highly recommend to others.

Great place, very very clean and open, welcoming kitchen. The walking tour was great as we had no idea about Porto. Didn't get round to the pub crawl, but heard great things! Nice common areas perfect to meet fellow travellers! Perfect location and easy to find! Will for sure recommend!!

Very nice hostel, perfect location in rua Santa Catarina. Big rooms, very neat bathroom.

nice place, close to city center

• 9th Jul 2014
  • Belgium

AMAZING newly renovated hostel with beautiful terrace, common room, kitchen and dorms itself. 10 min walk to the night life area, however that is not a problem since Porto is very safe and the walk is enjoyable. The hostel is located on one of the best shopping streets, which is quiet at night (yay). Would recommend this hostel to anyone in heartbeat.

Great hostel. No complaints at all, and I usually complain about a lot of stuff. Will I stay here again? DEFINITELY.

The lock of our private room was damaged and the key of it was broken in one day. One of the receptionists was cool, unhelpful and she was impolite to us. The standard of breakfast was below average. One of the roommates told me that the breakfast was no good. Some of the facilities are not maintained in good condition. I would not recommend this hostel to anyone.

Cute hostel in the city center! Close to everything and very clean!!

• 6th Jul 2014
  • Croatia

i have to say i loved the hostel and the people there are really nice. so i would definetly go back there again. i have traveled quite a bit and until now this is the best hostel

• 5th Jul 2014
  • Slovenia

it was so nice.

Really excellent place to stay in Porto!

Great location,we went to Porto from Lisbon by bus,it only took 10 mins walk from the bus station to the hostel. You can simply walk from the hostel to most sightseeing places.It's also very convenient to the Metro station.We like it a lot.

This was the noisiest hostel I've ever been! I mean, noise is always expected in hostels but this was unbelievable, people arrived at 1am to continue their party and were screaming so much, it was surprising that the staff didn't told them to turn down the volume. Another thing was that the staff didn't knew some of the activities to do in Porto, kind of insider tips such as where are the free wine tastings.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4