Garden House Hostel Reviews

Rua de Santa Catarina, 501, Porto, Portugal

I had a good stay here, however I was given some wrong information which proved rather expensive for me. One of the staff told me I could take a bus to the airport and can pay there, so I turned up at the Placa at 4am only to find out that I should have booked online. It cost me €20 to go by taxi, rather than €2... so please, re-train your staff.

• 19th Apr 2015
  • Scotland

Best Hostel ever. Nice living room. The staff is awesome. Everyone!!! Clean, safe, well located. The owner is very attentive.

Great hostel! Fantastic location in the centre of Porto and very close to a metro station. The hostel was very clean and all the staff were very helpful. And breakfast was very nice as well. I would highly recommend this hostel!

• 17th Apr 2015
  • Spain

Wifi connection is really poor in the room, but down I the living room is good. This is the thing which needs to be improved. :)

Super nice stay there, it feels like at home and the double room is royal!

• 7th Apr 2015

I was stayed total 13nights. Friendly staff, nice breakfast, big room and comfortable bad... I like Garden House hostel. Thank you.

I stayed 2 night in this hostel. The first night I was in a dorm on the first floor with a bad smell and not very clean. Toilets and bathrooms were mixed and dirty. The second night my friend arrived and we shared one bedroom on the second floor. It was much better. The room was clean and pretty. Bathrooms were still mixed but much cleaner.

Very fine hostel. Top location on a central beautiful shopping street which is very quiet at night. Beautiful, spacious house, nicely furnished, clean. Very friendly and helpful staff! Would come back any time.

• 28th Mar 2015

It's clean, quiet, organised pub crawls, without forcing the party atmosphere down my throat. Very central. Special mention to Rita at the front desk who helped us out a lot!

• 27th Mar 2015
  • India

The staff was friendly and helpful. Beautiful place(garden), large rooms, bad was comfortable... So.... I stay here again, again. again.... ^^

Amazing weekend!! Outstanding staff, the team was extremely friendly and helpful, Ricardo was very kind! Nice breakfast with lots of choices and the location it's perfect, very central! The decoration is lovely, especially in the lounge and the garden is very nice to spend an afternoon. Thank you very much for everything you made my weekend :) hope to see you soon!!

• 20th Mar 2015
  • Portugal

All in all I had a pleasant stay, but somehow the atmosphere in this hostel was distant to me. The staff was friendly, but it seemed to me that no one was really motivated doing their job. The rooms and facilities were completely fine.

Fabulously fresh and friendly

• 13th Mar 2015

Great Hostel!! Great people! Clean, Cool Atmosphere!

Absolutely perfect. Beautiful place, nice people. Highly reccomended! :-)

This hostel is amazing! The staff is lovely and helpful, all rooms and bathroom are clean, nice beds, wifi works, breakfast included (whenever you ask them - he had to leave at 4:30am, and we had breakfast at that time!!). I really loved the experience, and I definitely recomend this place!!! I wish I had more nights there...

• 1st Mar 2015

Only stayed for a night in a private room with two beds and an ensuite bathroom. Very central and near public transportation. Free wifi. Great breakfast! Room was clean, had air conditioning and free fresh towels. The bathroom is not separated from the room by any sort of door, so keep that it mind when making a reservation. Also, the room opened directly into an interior patio, which made me think that when the patio is full of people the noise may be a concern. Would stay again!

• 19th Feb 2015
  • Portugal

This is an excellent hostel, smack in the centre of Porto, welcoming and helpful staff, very clean ... I have stayed there several times and will do so again I know.

Nothing to complain :) it was nice choice

Really nice and clean hostel, you can reach everything by foot from there. Also the staff is very nice and helpfull.

• 5th Feb 2015