Garden House Hostel Reviews

Rua de Santa Catarina, 501, Porto, Portugal

I really enjoy the hostel, and I will definitely recommend it to anyone! It's modern clean, nice, is has a lot of facilities such as TV, playing games, and great social spaces! And the staff is really nice!

• 3rd Oct 2014
  • Colombia

Perfect, perfect, superbe, chouette! Je reviens bientôt avec mon mari!

• 3rd Oct 2014

Great Hostel, great staff great Location

It was a nice stay, we spend the evening in the cosy living room playing cards with other travellers while it was raining, unfortunately it never stopped raining but the staff even suggested we could use their umbrella's.

Can't fault this hostel. Great free breakfast, helpful staff, lovely rooms and modern and clean facilities. Wish more hostels were like Garden House!

We have good time here. Good location, big space, nice stuffs!

This hostel is beautiful, super clean and has a lovely staff. It's also very well located - try the pastéisde nata in the café beside it The owner is always around being sure that everything is going well and preparing delicious tomatoes for the breakfast . it's a special place =)

Probably the best hostel experience I have had on my trip. The staff are really helpful when you need help. Good breakfast and the garden is really nice to relax. George the owner was a great guy and made the effort to welcome everybody. The free walking tour is a must! Will definitely be back. Thanks

The hostel is easy to reach and in the city center. It is very clean and the kitchen is well equipped.

• 29th Aug 2014

Great new hostel in a beautiful house. Everything was clean, the breakfest is excellent and you can have it in the garden!

Completely awesome! It's so beautiful and everyone was so helpful. I really love staying here. I just don't understand why there's no lights in the room (besides the small one in each bed) o_O' Anyway, I'm definitily coming back here next time I come to Porto. Thanks for everything.

Rooms will be better with curtains around the bed. Very charming hostel!

• 22nd Aug 2014

This is the best hostel I've ever stayed in! Spacious, modern kitchen, bathrooms, indoor and outdoor rooms. The owners are on the premises regularly caring about the details, and maintaining a friendly, respectful atmosphere. When I misunderstood my late train departure, a staff member brought out a hide-away bed. Please God, let there be more great places like this one.

it was perfect, and the owner of the hostel is a very nice guy. the only thing is that maybe you shouldn't figer a girl at 5 a.m. while you are in the garden... the guy who's there (like the night guard) felt the urge to clean the outside ashtrays at 5:05 in the morning... so i think that they don't like that...

Amazing hostel! Excellent staff, accommodation and location ;)

Great hostel! Location is just perfect, in the shopping Street so yeah maybe it can be a bit noisy but you deal with it, we never had to use the subway thanks to his good location. Staff was really kind. And the terras gave us the possibility to meet other people and have nice talks. I really recommend this hostel, and would definitely go back if I'm back in Porto!

Very well located, with a very pleasant and sunny inner courtyard. The kitchen was very clean and well equiped.

• 3rd Aug 2014

Lots of space in the rooms, big box under the beds with locks to leave stuff. Very central, few metres from Metro station and in the middle of the shopping street.

A great hostel! The rooms were very spacious and comfortable and the location was excellent - within walking distance of the major sites. The staff were friendly and helpful and the activities that could be organised through the hostel were also good. I had a very enjoyable stay here and would highly recommend to others.

Great place, very very clean and open, welcoming kitchen. The walking tour was great as we had no idea about Porto. Didn't get round to the pub crawl, but heard great things! Nice common areas perfect to meet fellow travellers! Perfect location and easy to find! Will for sure recommend!!

« first « Prev 1 2 3