Garden House Hostel Reviews

Rua de Santa Catarina, 501, Porto, Portugal

We spent à very nice time in Porto and appreciated the friendliness and availability of the staff. A place to ne recommanded.

• 29th Jun 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Really easy to get to from train station and easy walking distance to the night club area. Supermarket 2 streets away. Great kitchen and relaxed communal spaces. Good wifi access. Beautiful large rooms, each bed having a lamp and a good locker. Big garden. Good breakfast with variety of food.

Had a great one night stay! Stayed in a 4 person room and it was clean and had individual lockers for each guest. A great place to stay in Porto! A few things that could be improved is the room door was hard to lock from the outside because it was an old door. And also the bathroom garbage in each stall was not emptied often enough. It was required to put all used toilet paper in these garbages, but often they were too full. Thanks for the great stay!

• 26th Jun 2015

I have been traveling for 7 months and Thai hostel by far won completely. SUCH a lovely place. Great location, wonderful owner, Big rooms, and such clean bathrooms. Highly recommend.

Best hostel I've ever stayed! Very beautiful house, in the center of the city, with metro station almost next door with direct line to the airport and train station :) The location is perfect!! The hostel is always spotlessly clean and has really big and nice facilities :) The staff is great! Always funny, helpful and in a really good mood! Breakfast (included) is really nice with everything you need to have a proper meal in the morning to give you the energy to explore this lovely city :)

• 8th Jun 2015
  • Portugal

Great relaxing garden.

Super helpful and friendly from the get go! A beautiful hostel!

It was great!

• 4th Jun 2015

Awesome hostel! Rooms were huge and comfortable. The street was a little noisy, but the seagulls were louder than the people in the morning. Bathrooms/showers are co-ed which was a bit strange. Also, you can't put toilet paper in the toilets, but that's not a big deal. The outdoor space was really nice for meeting people. The staff went above and beyond for me when I missed my flight and I was already checked out. Thanks again for making my bad situation a lot easier!!!

Instead of one night we extent our stay to four nights. Awesome staff. Especially one girl (forgot her name :()- she was really helpful and always friendly. Loved it and going to recommend the hostel to my friends and family!

My 2nd stay at Garden House was as amazing as the first one! Arriving at the hostel I felt completely at home again, welcomed by the nice staff and warm and friendly Atmosphere of the Hostel. You can go out the door and be directly in the city center but still you have the possibility to relax in a quite, calm and sunny backyard and have a quiet sleep at night. I can only recommend every traveller not to miss at least one stay at the Garden House Hostel in their traveller live :)

I made this booking very last minute with no real idea about the city and with few beds available elsewhere. Having spent a few days in Porto I found out this hostel is a very average place in a boring part of town. It was fine, but very bland and very little atmosphere. Facilities were fine, it was clean and the staff were friendly but seemed pretty bored.There are some amazing hostels in Porto for the same price so I'd recommend to keep looking unless you're stuck for somewhere, this will do.

• 15th May 2015

Lovely small hostel with a good vibe. Very clean, green garden area and spacious dorms!

We had a great stay at Garden House. The space was lovely, common areas clean and inviting and the staff were very helpful. The owner was there during our stay, and we often saw him working to help his guests, offering advice and interacting with staff. It was nice to see him there and have confidence that he was taking care of the hostel.

• 6th May 2015

Garden House Hostel was one the best hostels I ever stayed. The staff is super friendly and always happy to help you with suggestions to make sure you have an amazing time in Porto. The rooms with lockers are really comfortable with possibility to charge your devices on your bed. The breakfast included is very good. If you wanna enjoy at maximum your visit to Porto I totally recommend Garden House Hostel.

• 23rd Apr 2015
  • Portugal

The hostel was perfect!

I had a great time at the Garden House Hostel in Porto! The hostel was very clean and had a great atmosphere. Everything was very true to the photos. Breakfast was decent and the kitchen facilities were great. The staff was helpful but unobtrusive. The hostel is well located--close to a metro stop with easy access to the airport and Campanha train station and within walking distance of all of Porto's major sites. I'd defiinitely recommend the proposed walking tour!

Thank you to the staff at Garden House Hostel for a great stay! Everyone was very friendly and helpful. The vintage building is beautiful and was very clean. Bathrooms and kitchen were very clean too. The common areas are nice, they have computers for use, free wifi, and breakfast included of toast, baguettes, cereal, juice, and coffee. Nice common room with couches, table, tv, and movies. Outdoor area is nice as well. They do have a pub crawl but it's not a "party" hostel. Nice place to stay!!

I had a good stay here, however I was given some wrong information which proved rather expensive for me. One of the staff told me I could take a bus to the airport and can pay there, so I turned up at the Placa at 4am only to find out that I should have booked online. It cost me €20 to go by taxi, rather than €2... so please, re-train your staff.

• 19th Apr 2015
  • Scotland

Best Hostel ever. Nice living room. The staff is awesome. Everyone!!! Clean, safe, well located. The owner is very attentive.

« first « Prev 1 2 3