Garden House Hostel Reviews

Rua de Santa Catarina, 501, Porto, Portugal

Great place, very very clean and open, welcoming kitchen. The walking tour was great as we had no idea about Porto. Didn't get round to the pub crawl, but heard great things! Nice common areas perfect to meet fellow travellers! Perfect location and easy to find! Will for sure recommend!!

nice place, close to city center

• 9th Jul 2014
  • Belgium

AMAZING newly renovated hostel with beautiful terrace, common room, kitchen and dorms itself. 10 min walk to the night life area, however that is not a problem since Porto is very safe and the walk is enjoyable. The hostel is located on one of the best shopping streets, which is quiet at night (yay). Would recommend this hostel to anyone in heartbeat.

Great hostel. No complaints at all, and I usually complain about a lot of stuff. Will I stay here again? DEFINITELY.

The lock of our private room was damaged and the key of it was broken in one day. One of the receptionists was cool, unhelpful and she was impolite to us. The standard of breakfast was below average. One of the roommates told me that the breakfast was no good. Some of the facilities are not maintained in good condition. I would not recommend this hostel to anyone.

Cute hostel in the city center! Close to everything and very clean!!

• 6th Jul 2014
  • Croatia

i have to say i loved the hostel and the people there are really nice. so i would definetly go back there again. i have traveled quite a bit and until now this is the best hostel

• 5th Jul 2014
  • Slovenia

it was so nice.

Really excellent place to stay in Porto!

Great location,we went to Porto from Lisbon by bus,it only took 10 mins walk from the bus station to the hostel. You can simply walk from the hostel to most sightseeing places.It's also very convenient to the Metro station.We like it a lot.

This was the noisiest hostel I've ever been! I mean, noise is always expected in hostels but this was unbelievable, people arrived at 1am to continue their party and were screaming so much, it was surprising that the staff didn't told them to turn down the volume. Another thing was that the staff didn't knew some of the activities to do in Porto, kind of insider tips such as where are the free wine tastings.

Beautiful house, nice breakfest with bigger choice, terace and salon to spend time, helpful staff, perfect location on the one of the main streets of the city, just next to metro station going to the airport. One of the best hostels I ever stayed.

A great hostel, everything is well thought ( especially bunk beds because the person on the top has a mini table for a mobile and a few personnal belongings). There are big lockers and it's very clean. We had a great time in this hostel, the staff is very helpful and the location is brilliant.

I recommend this place with a nice atmosphere...

• 14th Jun 2014
  • Spain

Our room couldn't be locked but with lockers in the room that wasn't a big problem.

• 11th Jun 2014

Very nice hostel just above a café where we had great pasteis de nata and coffee! The sunny terace is just great for breakfast, lunch, dinner or to rest. Thanks for the great time we had.

• 9th Jun 2014

This is a nice hostel for those who don't want to meet new friends.it is a clean hostel, nice breakfast. The only problem is that it is not a place to meet new people, as I traveled alone, I did'nt enjoy it.

The hostel was really nice. The staff there were really friendly and were kind enough to spend lots of time to tell me what to do in the city.all things were really good and the breakfast was above average .

One of the best quality-price ratios I've ever had in a hostel: a real bargain for a clean and friendly place in a central location. Rooms are spacious and bright, with huge lockers underneath the beds (keys provided, no need to bring your lock!), and toilets/showers are plenty even when the hostel is full. Staff is most friendly and helpful. Just a shame the terrace is just a plain space of concrete with tables/chairs but hardly any plants etc. to make it a little more "inviting".

Flawless. Clean, spacious rooms and bathrooms. Warm and friendly staff.

« first « Prev 1 2 3