Garden House Hostel Reviews

Rua de Santa Catarina, 501, Porto, Portugal

I made this booking very last minute with no real idea about the city and with few beds available elsewhere. Having spent a few days in Porto I found out this hostel is a very average place in a boring part of town. It was fine, but very bland and very little atmosphere. Facilities were fine, it was clean and the staff were friendly but seemed pretty bored.There are some amazing hostels in Porto for the same price so I'd recommend to keep looking unless you're stuck for somewhere, this will do.

• 15th May 2015

We had a great stay at Garden House. The space was lovely, common areas clean and inviting and the staff were very helpful. The owner was there during our stay, and we often saw him working to help his guests, offering advice and interacting with staff. It was nice to see him there and have confidence that he was taking care of the hostel.

• 6th May 2015

Garden House Hostel was one the best hostels I ever stayed. The staff is super friendly and always happy to help you with suggestions to make sure you have an amazing time in Porto. The rooms with lockers are really comfortable with possibility to charge your devices on your bed. The breakfast included is very good. If you wanna enjoy at maximum your visit to Porto I totally recommend Garden House Hostel.

• 23rd Apr 2015
  • Portugal

The hostel was perfect!

I had a great time at the Garden House Hostel in Porto! The hostel was very clean and had a great atmosphere. Everything was very true to the photos. Breakfast was decent and the kitchen facilities were great. The staff was helpful but unobtrusive. The hostel is well located--close to a metro stop with easy access to the airport and Campanha train station and within walking distance of all of Porto's major sites. I'd defiinitely recommend the proposed walking tour!

Thank you to the staff at Garden House Hostel for a great stay! Everyone was very friendly and helpful. The vintage building is beautiful and was very clean. Bathrooms and kitchen were very clean too. The common areas are nice, they have computers for use, free wifi, and breakfast included of toast, baguettes, cereal, juice, and coffee. Nice common room with couches, table, tv, and movies. Outdoor area is nice as well. They do have a pub crawl but it's not a "party" hostel. Nice place to stay!!

I had a good stay here, however I was given some wrong information which proved rather expensive for me. One of the staff told me I could take a bus to the airport and can pay there, so I turned up at the Placa at 4am only to find out that I should have booked online. It cost me €20 to go by taxi, rather than €2... so please, re-train your staff.

• 19th Apr 2015
  • Scotland

Best Hostel ever. Nice living room. The staff is awesome. Everyone!!! Clean, safe, well located. The owner is very attentive.

Great hostel! Fantastic location in the centre of Porto and very close to a metro station. The hostel was very clean and all the staff were very helpful. And breakfast was very nice as well. I would highly recommend this hostel!

• 17th Apr 2015
  • Spain

The atmosphere is poor and staff is a bit rude. Excellent location. The breakfast sucks, it's so unhealthy. No fruit available. The bed was good and the bathroom was large with toilets and showers. I'd never pay 14 euros for a night in this hostel, like I did. I'd pay a maximum of 10 euros/night in this hostel. Never coming back unless it's a short and cheap stay.

Awesome place overall, the staff was super helpful with everything, the breakfast is good, and the rooms are very nice and full of light with the balcony, would definitely recommend

Wifi connection is really poor in the room, but down I the living room is good. This is the thing which needs to be improved. :)

Super nice stay there, it feels like at home and the double room is royal!

• 7th Apr 2015

I was stayed total 13nights. Friendly staff, nice breakfast, big room and comfortable bad... I like Garden House hostel. Thank you.

I stayed 2 night in this hostel. The first night I was in a dorm on the first floor with a bad smell and not very clean. Toilets and bathrooms were mixed and dirty. The second night my friend arrived and we shared one bedroom on the second floor. It was much better. The room was clean and pretty. Bathrooms were still mixed but much cleaner.

Very fine hostel. Top location on a central beautiful shopping street which is very quiet at night. Beautiful, spacious house, nicely furnished, clean. Very friendly and helpful staff! Would come back any time.

• 28th Mar 2015

It's clean, quiet, organised pub crawls, without forcing the party atmosphere down my throat. Very central. Special mention to Rita at the front desk who helped us out a lot!

• 27th Mar 2015
  • India

The staff was friendly and helpful. Beautiful place(garden), large rooms, bad was comfortable... So.... I stay here again, again. again.... ^^

Amazing weekend!! Outstanding staff, the team was extremely friendly and helpful, Ricardo was very kind! Nice breakfast with lots of choices and the location it's perfect, very central! The decoration is lovely, especially in the lounge and the garden is very nice to spend an afternoon. Thank you very much for everything you made my weekend :) hope to see you soon!!

• 20th Mar 2015
  • Portugal

The hostel is very beautiful and the dorm room was especially spacious. The backyard was well-maintained and the washrooms seemed to be cleaned frequently.