Garden House Hostel Reviews

Rua de Santa Catarina, 501, Porto, Portugal

Cute hostel in the city center! Close to everything and very clean!!

• 6th Jul 2014
  • Croatia

i have to say i loved the hostel and the people there are really nice. so i would definetly go back there again. i have traveled quite a bit and until now this is the best hostel

• 5th Jul 2014
  • Slovenia

it was so nice.

Really excellent place to stay in Porto!

Great location,we went to Porto from Lisbon by bus,it only took 10 mins walk from the bus station to the hostel. You can simply walk from the hostel to most sightseeing places.It's also very convenient to the Metro station.We like it a lot.

This was the noisiest hostel I've ever been! I mean, noise is always expected in hostels but this was unbelievable, people arrived at 1am to continue their party and were screaming so much, it was surprising that the staff didn't told them to turn down the volume. Another thing was that the staff didn't knew some of the activities to do in Porto, kind of insider tips such as where are the free wine tastings.

Beautiful house, nice breakfest with bigger choice, terace and salon to spend time, helpful staff, perfect location on the one of the main streets of the city, just next to metro station going to the airport. One of the best hostels I ever stayed.

A great hostel, everything is well thought ( especially bunk beds because the person on the top has a mini table for a mobile and a few personnal belongings). There are big lockers and it's very clean. We had a great time in this hostel, the staff is very helpful and the location is brilliant.

I recommend this place with a nice atmosphere...

• 14th Jun 2014
  • Spain

Our room couldn't be locked but with lockers in the room that wasn't a big problem.

• 11th Jun 2014

Very nice hostel just above a café where we had great pasteis de nata and coffee! The sunny terace is just great for breakfast, lunch, dinner or to rest. Thanks for the great time we had.

• 9th Jun 2014

This is a nice hostel for those who don't want to meet new friends.it is a clean hostel, nice breakfast. The only problem is that it is not a place to meet new people, as I traveled alone, I did'nt enjoy it.

The hostel was really nice. The staff there were really friendly and were kind enough to spend lots of time to tell me what to do in the city.all things were really good and the breakfast was above average .

One of the best quality-price ratios I've ever had in a hostel: a real bargain for a clean and friendly place in a central location. Rooms are spacious and bright, with huge lockers underneath the beds (keys provided, no need to bring your lock!), and toilets/showers are plenty even when the hostel is full. Staff is most friendly and helpful. Just a shame the terrace is just a plain space of concrete with tables/chairs but hardly any plants etc. to make it a little more "inviting".

Flawless. Clean, spacious rooms and bathrooms. Warm and friendly staff.

Everything was really very nice. We had a very new and clean room, the staff was very helpful and available 24/7. The only problem was that the bathroom and the sleeping room are somehow in the same room, without a proper door or a privacy screen or something like this which I considered a bit strange for a twin room. (I guess that this is only the case for this particular, newly built room??) nevertheless, we enjoyed our stay very much!

I was in Oporto for the Nos Primavera Sound and it was simply great! A lot of people at the hostel were there for the festival. The building is so beautiful and it's located in one of the most famous streets of Oporto. The guys at the receptions were always very kind and they can speak a lot of languages!!

• 4th Jun 2014

Very nice place

• 3rd Jun 2014

One of the most luxurious hostels I've stayed in with a great kitchen, lounge and really comfy beds. Staff were very friendly and the wild walkers walking tour was fantastic- so good I did both the morning and the afternoon tours. Atmosphere is definitely nice but as a younger backpacker I found it attracted slightly older travelers therefore making it harder to meet people but probably not an issue all the time. Had a lovely stay, thanks!

Breakfast could be a little better, but thumbs up for all the rest!

• 29th May 2014