Garden House Hostel Reviews

Rua de Santa Catarina, 501, Porto, Portugal

Breakfast could be a little better, but thumbs up for all the rest!

• 29th May 2014
  • Belgium

Beds are comfortable and the room have much space. Staff are helpful.

Great value for money, plenty of space and very clean. I was very happy with the service and advice from staff and really had no complaints by the end of my stay. The beds are super comfortable. It's definitely not a party hostel - or didn't feel that way when I was there - but you won't be disappointed.

NIce staff, good location. Clean rooms and clean bathrooms. The twin room brand new. very nice too.The breakfast is fine, sometimes with scrambled eggs, The coffee and tee free all day. I recommend you to stay at the Garden House

I feel like at home! Atmosphere there is really warm. Great location. Very worth for the price.

Great friendly staff. Useful kitchen, though marginal breakfast food selection. Nice secure courtyard and bright, inviting shared space.

• 13th May 2014

Great ... We have stayed a few times and would deffo return. Keep up the good work. Thank you guys x s x

• 13th May 2014
  • Senegal

Very nice place to stay with group of friends! Staff super!

We really enjoyed our stay here as the place was really clean, the beds were comfortable, the hotel staff were very friendly and the breakfast was good! Also the hostel is right next to the famous Portuguese egg tart store and is in close proximity to the train station! I would definitely stay here again if I visit Porto :)

Experience of accomodation is very good, though my late arrival faced somewhat cold, but polite, welcoming. Sadly the outside terrace was under construction during my short stay, but the place is nice and clean. Enjoyed the stay, met new friends. suggestions : name of the place is located down on the front door (which is uncommon and the writting is not very easy to catch from the street !) An additional door between common bathrooms (understand:toilets) and common showers wouldn't be luxury :)

• 7th May 2014

I stayed at the Garden House hostel for three nights and really enjoyed my stay. The dorm room was spacious, clean and comfortable, atmosphere was relaxed, and I really appreciated the lovely arty decor too! Strong WiFi, great location, just perfect.

• 6th May 2014
  • Lauroar

Loved my stay there! The owner made me feel right at home and remembered me from my first stay

Beautiful stay, really nothing to complain about. Thank you very much!

• 18th Apr 2014

Delicious breakfast (fruit salat), big plus for warm bed-cover (usually in hostels I got only sheet), and very nice and helpful staff (both girl and boy). I was only one night but it was the best hostel I've ever been. I've already know that one day I will go back there :)

• 12th Apr 2014
  • Poland

Great location, great staff, very clean and very nice kitchen!

Very nice hostel...big, airy rooms with high ceilings. Great breakfast for a cheap hostel. Centrally located. The only downsides were the shower room (a bit of damp that needs painting over) and the toilets, which were not kept clean by the other guests.

• 11th Apr 2014

Loved the hostel-staff were very friendly and wanted to make sure we had great time. Would definitely recommend in terms of location and atmosphere!

• 11th Apr 2014

Great Hostel. Specially the cost/benefit of it. Staff is very helpful & the location is great. You can go to the main spots by walk.The atmosphere makes it a good choice for those who want to relax and the options of things to do in the night make it also a good choice for those who want to party.

• 5th Apr 2014

This was a wonderful hostel and the staff could not have been more helpful. It was very easy to find and very close to the metro line. Every bed had its own locker large enough to fit my entire pack. There is an excellent pub crawl several nights a week hosted by wild walkers who collect you at the hostel and free walking tours every day morning and evening. I did all three of these during my stay and they were fantastic! I would highly recommend this hostel to anyone staying in Porto.

1 2 3 Next » last »