Garden House Hostel Reviews

Rua de Santa Catarina, 501, Porto, Portugal

We really enjoyed our stay here as the place was really clean, the beds were comfortable, the hotel staff were very friendly and the breakfast was good! Also the hostel is right next to the famous Portuguese egg tart store and is in close proximity to the train station! I would definitely stay here again if I visit Porto :)

Experience of accomodation is very good, though my late arrival faced somewhat cold, but polite, welcoming. Sadly the outside terrace was under construction during my short stay, but the place is nice and clean. Enjoyed the stay, met new friends. suggestions : name of the place is located down on the front door (which is uncommon and the writting is not very easy to catch from the street !) An additional door between common bathrooms (understand:toilets) and common showers wouldn't be luxury :)

• 7th May 2014

I stayed at the Garden House hostel for three nights and really enjoyed my stay. The dorm room was spacious, clean and comfortable, atmosphere was relaxed, and I really appreciated the lovely arty decor too! Strong WiFi, great location, just perfect.

• 6th May 2014
  • Lauroar

Loved my stay there! The owner made me feel right at home and remembered me from my first stay

Beautiful stay, really nothing to complain about. Thank you very much!

• 18th Apr 2014

Delicious breakfast (fruit salat), big plus for warm bed-cover (usually in hostels I got only sheet), and very nice and helpful staff (both girl and boy). I was only one night but it was the best hostel I've ever been. I've already know that one day I will go back there :)

• 12th Apr 2014
  • Poland

Great location, great staff, very clean and very nice kitchen!

Very nice hostel...big, airy rooms with high ceilings. Great breakfast for a cheap hostel. Centrally located. The only downsides were the shower room (a bit of damp that needs painting over) and the toilets, which were not kept clean by the other guests.

• 11th Apr 2014

Loved the hostel-staff were very friendly and wanted to make sure we had great time. Would definitely recommend in terms of location and atmosphere!

• 11th Apr 2014

Great Hostel. Specially the cost/benefit of it. Staff is very helpful & the location is great. You can go to the main spots by walk.The atmosphere makes it a good choice for those who want to relax and the options of things to do in the night make it also a good choice for those who want to party.

• 5th Apr 2014

This was a wonderful hostel and the staff could not have been more helpful. It was very easy to find and very close to the metro line. Every bed had its own locker large enough to fit my entire pack. There is an excellent pub crawl several nights a week hosted by wild walkers who collect you at the hostel and free walking tours every day morning and evening. I did all three of these during my stay and they were fantastic! I would highly recommend this hostel to anyone staying in Porto.

Really easy to find. The general look, is not bad . . . unfortunately the greetings/ staff was dreadful! Only ONE Staff dealing with a lot of guest - which was not enough. Staff seems to be away with the fairies or really stressed. Breakfast was awful, better not have any - using cheap, cheap brands - also you have to ask for them to top up no one there to make sure it was short. This hostel just wants to make quick money and get rid of you.

I have stayed in a lot of hostels. This one ranks very highly. If I go back to Porto on a travellers budget again, this is where I will stay - wouldn't bother chancing another hostel.

• 28th Mar 2014

An alright hostel just nothing great about it, except maybe the location, which is fairly perfect. The breakfast is bread and the common spaces (kitchen and chill room) felt very small for the amount of people staying there. But the price was good and the staff were friendly. In all I would probably try another place if I went back to Porto but it was still an alright hostel.

The hostel was absolutely awesome, very close of the public transports and it was very simple to find. The staff was very friendly, and did not complain or let us feel bad about us arriving late. People in the hostel were very friendly, and we got along with them very well, which makes the atmosphere great. The only con : I would of stayed longer!

its such a nice atmosphere at this hostel, feels like a big family house. its definately a place for people who like to meet new people and gather around with them. the stuff and the owners are very concerned about the guests and the value for money i uncomparable! thanks garden house!

I stayed at garden house hostel for 2 weeks. The facilities are new and the house ist big and beautyful. I had bad luck with the weather but the livingroom is big, cozy and equipped with a guitar ;) I met lots of interesting people and the atmosphere was pretty laid-back. The staff is very friendly and helpfull although it was not very easy to connect with them excepting Malwina who is an outgoing character. PS do not book via "hostel world". The hostels earn more if you book directly.

• 22nd Mar 2014

Really nice chilled out hostel with plenty of interesting travelers to keep me entertained. I think my only problem with the place was that we didn't seem to have a working light in our room. Luckily I had my own light so it wasn't much of a problem. I would love to come back here again.

Super confortable bed's with reading light (and i've been in a lot, altough i've only started to place reviews here recently). Lockers below the bed have only 1 key so, bring a locker. Good bathrooms , lots of space, but shared among guy's and girls. Apart from really snoring roomates the hostel was silent during the night, wifi worked well except on cell phone in my room (bolhão). You get toasts, fruit,cereals, milk coffe for breakfast from 8am. Definitely the cheapest i've ever found in porto

I actually stayed at Garden House for one week as a walk-in prior to booking again with Hostel World. I really enjoyed the cozy atmosphere and friendly staff at the reception. They were more than happy to help with anything, including many awesome recommendations for things to do around the city. The facilities were clean and accommodating, but my favorite rooms were the kitchen and living room areas. The kitchen was well stocked and the living room was the best place to sit a while.GreatHostel

• 4th Mar 2014