Garden House Hostel Reviews

Rua de Santa Catarina, 501, Porto, Portugal

I recommend this place with a nice atmosphere...

• 14th Jun 2014
  • Spain

Our room couldn't be locked but with lockers in the room that wasn't a big problem.

• 11th Jun 2014

Very nice hostel just above a café where we had great pasteis de nata and coffee! The sunny terace is just great for breakfast, lunch, dinner or to rest. Thanks for the great time we had.

• 9th Jun 2014

This is a nice hostel for those who don't want to meet new friends.it is a clean hostel, nice breakfast. The only problem is that it is not a place to meet new people, as I traveled alone, I did'nt enjoy it.

The hostel was really nice. The staff there were really friendly and were kind enough to spend lots of time to tell me what to do in the city.all things were really good and the breakfast was above average .

One of the best quality-price ratios I've ever had in a hostel: a real bargain for a clean and friendly place in a central location. Rooms are spacious and bright, with huge lockers underneath the beds (keys provided, no need to bring your lock!), and toilets/showers are plenty even when the hostel is full. Staff is most friendly and helpful. Just a shame the terrace is just a plain space of concrete with tables/chairs but hardly any plants etc. to make it a little more "inviting".

Flawless. Clean, spacious rooms and bathrooms. Warm and friendly staff.

Everything was really very nice. We had a very new and clean room, the staff was very helpful and available 24/7. The only problem was that the bathroom and the sleeping room are somehow in the same room, without a proper door or a privacy screen or something like this which I considered a bit strange for a twin room. (I guess that this is only the case for this particular, newly built room??) nevertheless, we enjoyed our stay very much!

I was in Oporto for the Nos Primavera Sound and it was simply great! A lot of people at the hostel were there for the festival. The building is so beautiful and it's located in one of the most famous streets of Oporto. The guys at the receptions were always very kind and they can speak a lot of languages!!

• 4th Jun 2014

Very nice place

• 3rd Jun 2014

One of the most luxurious hostels I've stayed in with a great kitchen, lounge and really comfy beds. Staff were very friendly and the wild walkers walking tour was fantastic- so good I did both the morning and the afternoon tours. Atmosphere is definitely nice but as a younger backpacker I found it attracted slightly older travelers therefore making it harder to meet people but probably not an issue all the time. Had a lovely stay, thanks!

Breakfast could be a little better, but thumbs up for all the rest!

• 29th May 2014
  • Belgium

Beds are comfortable and the room have much space. Staff are helpful.

Great value for money, plenty of space and very clean. I was very happy with the service and advice from staff and really had no complaints by the end of my stay. The beds are super comfortable. It's definitely not a party hostel - or didn't feel that way when I was there - but you won't be disappointed.

NIce staff, good location. Clean rooms and clean bathrooms. The twin room brand new. very nice too.The breakfast is fine, sometimes with scrambled eggs, The coffee and tee free all day. I recommend you to stay at the Garden House

I feel like at home! Atmosphere there is really warm. Great location. Very worth for the price.

Great friendly staff. Useful kitchen, though marginal breakfast food selection. Nice secure courtyard and bright, inviting shared space.

• 13th May 2014

Great ... We have stayed a few times and would deffo return. Keep up the good work. Thank you guys x s x

• 13th May 2014
  • Senegal

Very nice place to stay with group of friends! Staff super!

We really enjoyed our stay here as the place was really clean, the beds were comfortable, the hotel staff were very friendly and the breakfast was good! Also the hostel is right next to the famous Portuguese egg tart store and is in close proximity to the train station! I would definitely stay here again if I visit Porto :)