Garden House Hostel Reviews

Rua de Santa Catarina, 501, Porto, Portugal

I only stayed at Garden Hostel for one night but it left a great impression. It was clean and comfortable, bathroom and kitchen facilities were great, it was easy to meet fellow travellers in the kitchen/living/room terrace, and the staff were super friendly and helpful - I left on a night train the next night, and I was not only able to store my luggage there for the day but was told I could shower and use the kitchen before I left if I wanted to! Very generous - I'd come back for sure.

Very clean, very good atmosphere, quiet during the night times, nice garden, well equipped kitchen, very friendly staff and a great city tour for free. I had a very good time there!

The garden house hostel is such a nice place to stay. Even if it's raining and you can't stay outside in the garden, you have the cosy living room, which has place for a lot of people. The staff is so nice and helpful. I enjoyed staying in the hostel and I would defenitly go there again.

This place was amazing the staff are so friendly we arrived at 630am from a night train and they let us sleep in the common area for a few hours. They did our washing and were always so helpful. Would def go back!

The location wasn't the best in Porto, but the atmosphere was so great that it didn't even matter. Our room was very nice and clean, the furniture was new. The little garden on the backyard was a nice place to hang out and catch up with other travelers. The breakfast was very simple and everything was always gone. You had to wait for a while for the staff to come and for example make more coffee. You had to wash your own dishes after breakfast. The daily free walking tours were the best!

The best Hostel in Porto

Wonderful visit, wish it could have been longer. The staff are so friendly it's enchanting. Great vibe, fun and relaxing. You won't regret.

Great hostel, very clean and well situated! We loved it! Could improve a little bit the breakfast, but the whole stay was great.

• 20th Aug 2013

Very good hostel, clean and with a good location. I enjoyed my stay! The staff is really welcoming.

• 19th Aug 2013

Olá Rui, Monica, and everyone else. Thank you so so much for making me feel so welcome and helping me to have so much fun in Porto. Feel free to let me know if you ever make it out to Australia, I am definitely planning on returning to Porto some time in the future. By the time I left, it felt like home, and I was sad to have to leave. Love you guys -Kieran

Great hostel, clean and secure

Amazing place with very friendly staff

The best Hostel I´ve ever been.

Great hostel with very friendly staff. Located in the midle of the center of Porto. Also has very good and spacius facilities. Totally recommended!

Garden Hostel is very well located, the staff is really nice, friendly and helpful. Toilets were always clean, and breakfast was great. It was very good to stay with them.

In April we already visited the Garden House Hostel. It left quite an impression. Because Porto itself seemed so great, we decided to return to travel through whole Portugal, saving the best for last ofcourse. That's how we ended up a second time in the GHH. Great place, still one of the best hostels I've ever been too. Everything is perfect. Even when fully booked, it's not too busy or unpleasant. I appreciate the work of the friendly staff!

• 6th Aug 2013
  • Belgium

Great Hostel!! The location was central and the staff was really nice and friendly and always tried to help us. The house itself is beautiful! We stayed in an 8 share and the room was very spacious and had a balcony that was really nice. The only bad thing was that our room faced the courtyard and sometimes at night people would talk outside which we could hear very loudly in our room. All in all, it's an amazing hostel though and I'd definitely stay there again and can highly recommend it! :-)

Calm place where you can also talk with lots of travelers. The staff is really kind and I can recommend the bike tour and pub crawl! Enthusiastic guides that know Porto. I slept in a dorm but it felt like I had lots of space. The hostel is light colored, with high ceilings. Modern styled, but subtile and you can still see the origin of the beautiful building. The garden is nice to chit chat or catch some sun, though more flowers would have made it even nicer. All in all: great hostel!

• 4th Aug 2013

The hall is beautiful! The hostel is very spacious, I really liked it. The Staff was really nice. It's 1 minute walk from the metro station!

Very nice hostel, beautiful old house with great people working there!