Garden Inn Reviews

No.7 Wenmiao Alley, Beimen Street, Old Town, Lijiang, China

Garden inn is a gorgeous little hostel overlooking the old town, so you are not stuck in the tourist trap or forced to pay the old town fee to get to your hostel. The owners are amazing and very friendly, will help with anything you need! Excellent place to base yourself out of for the tiger leaping gorge. Good breakfast!

We love the Garden Inn! Thanks for your hospitality.

• 22nd Jan 2016
  • Mixed Group, 41+

This place is amazing! There are no bad points about this place. I had a wonderful 5 days on lijiang because of the Garden Inn, thank you so much.

Charming little hostel with a great view on the city! The rooms are clean and comfortable and the staff is very helpful. Great place to stay!

The staff went above and beyond to help me find the hostel. It looks like the rooftop lounge will be excellent in warmer weather; a definite attraction. Another great feature that is lacking in most other hostels is that the rooms at Garden Inn have heating! It was the first time I was warm enough in Yunnan during January.

We had a great stay at the Garden Inn. The staff helped us with planning our Tiger Leaping Gorge trip (which was just truly stunning). The location is very convenient: right at the gates of the Old Town without the crowds of being in the Old Town itself. Definitely worth to stay at.

Great Host, very helpful and good breakfast!

We loved our stay here! The staff are amazing - so helpful! They helped organize tiger leaping gorge for us and our trains from Shangri-la to Vietnam!! In addition, the food is delish with a great atmosphere. I would recommend this spot to anyone going to Lijiang. Overall, fantastic views and great people all around! Note - instructions to find hostel a bit dodgy but keep walking. :) Thank you again for our best stay in Yunnan province!

Fantastic hostel. Staff very helpful in planning our trip to Tiger Leaping Gorge. Great beds and facilities. Couldn't have asked for more!

I really loved this hostel. I came end of November time, and although it was quiet, the atmosphere was really great. Extremely friendly and helpful staff. They have an awesome rooftop as well, where you can enjoy the view, drink coffee, and enjoy good wifi! I really would recommend this hostel to everyone, I was so happy with it and would for sure come back. If you are looking for a place to stay in Lijiang, stay here! They are helpful in organizing transport to Tiger Leaping Gorge as well.

• 26th Nov 2015

This place was great. Comfortable beds, great toilets and showers, atmosphere was fun, good travel advice. Location is close to old town, but not too close.

This is a great hostel! There was a nice chilled out atmosphere in November, a great roof terrace with amazing views, and very helpful and friendly staff who will help arrange tours to Tiger Leaping Gorge. Can't recommend the Garden Inn enough if you're visiting Lijiang! I stayed in a dorm room and it was very pleasant. The private rooms upstairs looked positively amazing for the price too. Many thanks to the staff for a great stay!

The owner and his family members were so friendly. We were like family members staying under one roof. One thing surprised me was that the power source is with different designs thus we don't have to use an adapter. This is very convenient to travelers from different countries.

Had a great stay at the garden inn: wonderful room (let alone the view from the room!!), very friendly staff, and very nice rooftop terrace with nice view over the old town. Staff was very helpful in arranging everything for our tiger leaping gorge trip - would definitely recommend staying here!

Pros: - Wonderful staff, they really make this place. They're one family and are very helpful, including booking tickets - Beautiful views of the city including a great rooftop spot that you can spend hours reading on - rooms are spacious and tastefully decorated, great shower for China standards! Cons: - while the location is excellent, it's almost impossible to find if walking here from the station, I know I am not alone! They need better instructions or signage to help people find the place.

The place was initially hard to locate as the airport taxi drop us at a wrong location= understand that there are too many inns around for the driver to remember. Otherwise me and my friend enjoyed our stay with the very helpful staff around. Highly recommended. We good the best ensuite room.

• 12th Nov 2015
  • Singapore

Great spot just outside of old town. Owner is very friendly and a great resource for information on anywhere in Lijiang. Dorm beds each have a small locker with power sockets inside. Amazing view from the roof deck.

We had the deluxe twin bed room with big windows lookking down on the old city of Lijiang. The Staff ist very friendly and helpful in organizing trips. A must go!!!

• 6th Nov 2015

This is an absolute gem of a hoste. Rooms are spacious, clean and warm and great value for money. George (owner) is on hand to assist with queries and answered all our questions.Breakfast is a bargain & made with fresh, homemade bread - it's an absolute treat with a cup of local Yunnan coffee. Location is great - just on the edge of the Old Town (across the road) and within a 15 minute walking distance to the number 7 bus for the trip to Jade Dragon Mountain. I wish I could have stayed longer!

I thoroughly enjoyed my time here. The staff were friendly and attentive, and very helpful in providing maps, suggesting things to do and booking day-trips. Dorms are large and spacious, with comfortable beds. The multi-country power outlets beside every bed were also great. Would highly recommend.