Garden Inn Reviews

No.7 Wenmiao Alley, Beimen Street, Old Town, Lijiang, China

Awesome ! Allen at the lobby is really great. He will give you good advices !

The staff are really awesome helping to arrange tours and giving instructions to the sightseeings. They always are close by to chat or help with some question. They have a homemade bread that tastes like heaven, I would love to have the recipe!:)

• 17th Aug 2015

I stayed at six bed dorm on the ground floor next to the entrance on the way to reception. everyone has to pass our room and we could hear everything on their way in or out or in the reception. However the staffs were of great help and kindness.

• 30th Jul 2015

This hostel is fantastic , great staff, beautiful, convient location beautiful surrounding, great value for money. Staff are so helpful and friendly and make you feel so welcome.

• 27th Jul 2015

Great view of Lijiang from the second and third floor. The hostel provides less services than other hostels in China, but the services provided are all at a very high standard.

It was great time while I'm in Lijiang. All of the staffs are very kind, and the facilities are very clean. The best thing is the view of Lijiang Gucheng. If I had a chance to go Lijiang again, I'll definately choose here.

Best hostel on our journey within China. By a slight margin over Wada.

fantastic hostel, the owner knows so much about the tiger leaping gorge and lijiang, also provide a shuttle bus just down from the hostel to tiger leaping gorge! hostel doesnt have a bar but is ideal place to get a good night sleep before hiking

• 19th Jul 2015

Beautiful big room with an incredible view of the old city and sunsets. Staff were friendly and helpful and have perfect English. Only downside was that they ran out of water while we were there and didn't have an area to hang clothes after washing them. Would definitely stay again!

I lived one night. Everything is perfect.

Best room we had in China. Lovely family, great place to stay!!!

I had a great time at Garden Inn. Be careful the place can be a little tough to find ( do NOT follow Baidu map for this adress). The staff was friendly and the room clean, however i think that the common space is not very well arranged so it doesnt have a very cosy atmosphere. Good hostel overall.

We stayed 4 nights at Garden Inn. And we had a superb nice room and bird view of Lijiang Ancient Town. It is amazing to have the best room in the hostel that help us to forget that I was tried during last stop in Chengdu. The owner is superb nice. The wifi service is good. The bed is King size and it is very much clean. I can say this is the best hostel I have ever stayed. The owner can speak good English and show hospitality to each guests. He is also very helpful. I would definitely come back

Allen is the man! Allen runs this place and he is really helpful, friendly and funny! anyway, the hostel itself is just 5- min walk from.the old town of Lijiang, very clean, it have a nice view oon tthe environment around the city and on the city itself, rooms are clean (showers are superb!) and it is not a big hostel but a friendly &cosy hostel indeed.

The owner is really really helpful and friendly. This place is a gem, and definitely one of the best hostels or The best hostel we've stayed in! It is extremely well thought out - huge rooms, nice beds, great and clean interiors, numerous power points that could fit any specific country's type of power plug! Nice view of the mountains and town from the corridors as well. Location wise, it is just outside of the old town - perfect to get away from the busy and noisy streets after awhile.

Awesome place to stay! Beds were comfortable, rooms were nice, staff was amazing! Would definitely recommend.

I had a lovely room and the staff are so helpful.

• 14th May 2015

This is arguably the nicest hostel (private) room I have ever stayed in. Huge, cathedral ceiling, bright, large modern bathroom, extremely clean. Total bargain, better than many hotel rooms. The family ownership is very nice, and English is excellent. The only possible quibble one could have, is the common area is tiny, not much of a social interchange area, the staff seems to have future plans to improve. Great place to stay, would not hesitate to return.

Great facilities, suckets in the lockers, super clean bathrooms! Can only recommend it.

Garden Inn has comfortable dorm rooms with soft beds to sleep in. The staff was helpful, answering questions easily regarding treks and transportation. They kept my luggage for free during my Tiger Leaping Gorge trek. I also really liked their sandwiches and breakfasts. There are some chairs to sit outside and enjoy the sunshine. I would stay here again!