Garden Inn Reviews

No.7Yishang Wenming Village,Wuyi Street, Old Town, Lijiang, China

Stayed in double room, which was fine but not special. Courtyard was very nice and availability of a cheap to use washing machine and proper speaking english staff a welcoming plus. Overall a good place to stay.

• 22nd Nov 2014

Very helpful staff..disgusting bathrooms

Excellent staff, very honest and helpful. Nice common area, room ok. The directions they send when you place a reservation could be improved (less flowers, bigger mandarin infos and clearer map). Overall very satisfied.

• 7th Oct 2014

The staff was helpful, honest and spoke very good English.Beds were ok for Chinese standards and room was clean although a bit cold.Bathroom never dried and "window" was covered with plastic. Some of the cheapest espresso coffee we've had in China (very good, too). We had porridge for breakfast and it was ok, lacked a bit more fruit imho. It is great you can hang your laundry to dry almost anywhere. Location is good and walkable distance in old town Lijiang. Wish there were lockers in the rooms.

Common areas are very close to dorm doors so people who are up late or early make it difficult to get a good nights sleep. Besides that, the owner is very nice and helpful and has an adorable baby girl who circulates the area : )

Staff was great, extremely helpful and friendly. I stayed in a dorm which was fine. My locker didn't have the most secure lock, but I didn't really have any problems. Bathroom/shower was decent enough, but I have used better.

• 4th Oct 2014

It is good.I like here,it is so quite.

• 2nd Oct 2014
  • China

It is a very nice hotel and close to ancient town but the distance is a little further than other inn which close to central of ancient town (about 10 minutes walk). staffs are very friendly and helpful.

Conveniently Located at the northern edge of Lijiang old town, super chilled athmosphere and great old architecture. The staff is especially nice and welcoming. Dining options in the Lijiang Old Town are a bit on the pricey side, one has to look for better options walking around along the northern parts of the old town. I would definitely return to this Hostel, though.

Staff are very helpful and extremely kind. The rooms are okay, the facilities could be nicer. They are fairly clean but very crammed and run-down. Location is good: Nighttime is quiet even though Lijiang at night is extremely roudy elsewhere.

Excellent english speaking staff, ready to help you to find your way trough China. good travel advice, ticket booking. Gastronomic tip: you can dat together with the staff. For 20 yuan you have a very Nice meal and the company of Some fine local people.

Good location, very helpful staff in helping us get to tiger leaping gorge

among other 3 hostel we stayed for this trips, garden inn has the cleanest room, bright wall, spotless floor. bath room in our room was pretty clean, but the toilet bowl was a little (just a little bit) stink. we got a double room right next to the street, we could hear music, people talking from the street. but it became less noisy as it gets late. staff very helpful, responding to email query, shuttle bus arrangement, and directions :)

Garden Inn is a very nice place to stay. The courtyard is great to meet people or just hang out. The staff is very helpful and speaks great English. The food is good and prices are decent. I was in a 4-bed dorm and it's was clean. Locker is small, but it fit my camera in it's bag and my laptop. The Inn is a few minutes walk away from the main entertainment area in old town, but it's still quiet at night. I would definitely stay there again. - Anna

owner is very friendly and happy to recommend trips and assist in reserving tours. hostel feels safe and has a good vibe. located within the old village, about 5-10min walk to center square. would definitely return.

Lovely staff. Wonderful garden. (I really liked that the shower/restrooms were across the garden. If you come in winter, it might be cold though.)

It is disappointed to say they have to keep up with the cleanliness. I can see a block of dust accumulated at a corner of our room. There was some empty bottles and packages which were left from pervious occupants sitting in our rooms for the entire period during our stay. The floor looked like it wasn't clean for a whole week. The shower and part of the toilet facilities needed to be updated and cleaned. Staff spoke english but was't particularly friendly.

Had a great time there with my boyfriend in a cozy double room with private bathroom. Super nice atmosphere. Staff and Hostel in general very well organized. Tasty breakfast for great value! Absolutely recommended.

Nice hostel in the center of the old city of Lijiang, very helpful staff and nice food (Western breakfast). Rooms were nice and clean. Shower and toilets outside ok, but nor very clean. Altogether a nice and recommendable hostel.

Very good location. Friendly and helpful staff. Would definitely recommend this inn.