Garden View Bed and Breakfast Reviews

Stadionkade 70-1, Amsterdam, Netherlands

The person in charge of the B&B is very kind and thoughtful. She helps a lot with suggestions of all kinds including sightseeing and tours. The room is nice and comfortable. The location is good very easy to get to places since it is a 5 minute walk from the tram. In sum excellent choice. I was on my own but I surely recommend this property for couples.

Definitely recommend it to my friends! Nessie gave us many useful advices and prepared very nice breakfasts for us! The place is not located at central but the tram nearby can bring you everywhere. The room is cozy and clean. Everything is perfect!

The owner was a kind and helpful lady. Her recommendations for places to eat were good. We liked our trip very much.

We had a very pleasant stay at this B&B. The room was really beautifully furnished and everything was absolutely clean. Furthermore, the owner gave us tips about what to do in Amsterdam and was always nice.

• 27th Mar 2015

We really liked this very cosy and clean apartment with a nice romantic room with lot of pillows and lights. Owner Nessie was very kind to us, so we fell like at home and could experience authentic atmosphere of someone who is native and live there.

• 26th Mar 2015
  • Slovakia

I wanted to skip the cheap hostels located in noisy Central Amsterdam and go for a quieter place but with easy access to public transportation. Nessie provides you with easy directions to get to her place and it's not too far from the tram, a bike rental location or the metro station. Great breakfast every morning (and not too early too!). If it's your first time at a B&B, don't worry. Nessie is really kind and helpful. I felt I was staying at a relative's place except it was even better.

A perfect getaway. Delicious breakfast served at your convinience, cozy atmosphere and great hospitality. I sincerely recommend this B

• 29th Oct 2014
  • Portugal

Can I have the reciept on the room payment? Thank you.

• 8th Oct 2014
  • Thailand

An invoice providing exact costs, including taxes, was provided. Direct email from guest: Thank you so much for the invoice. And thanks again for taking good care of both of us. Our true pleasure to have stayed at your place. It was a unique experience for us to stay in and have been embraced by your impressive concept of bed and breakfast. Take care until next time.

I loved my visit at the garden view. The breakfast was wonderful, fresh and delicious! The rooms were clean and pleasantly decorated. I found the suggested bathroom practices(not really rules) to be a courtesy to all who used the facilities. My stay was comfortable and private. The walk from the train was pleasant that morning and the directions were excellent. There is no lift so be prepared for the 17 steep steps that lead up to the flat if you have luggage. I would stay there again!

• 26th Sep 2014

we had a great stay at the garden view B&B. Nessie is a very kind and nice host and she is very helpful. Breakfast is excellent. Nessie is so welcoming and she makes you feel like staying at home.

• 31st Jul 2014
  • Hong Kong

The apartment was very nice and well kept. It was a pleasant place to stay.

This was our first visit to Amsterdam and Nessie couldn't have been more helpful. She gave us ideas of where to visit, where to eat and tips on the best ways of getting around Amsterdam. Her hospitality was warm and friendly and she supplied everything and more that you could need on a stay away from home. Just perfect.

• 8th Jul 2014
  • Scotland

Our hostess really put herself out to look after our needs and to give us helpful information about Amaterdam and the transport system.

• 1st Jul 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

We enjoyed Nessie's information on Amsterdam, her breakfasts, and the comfort of our room. The charges appeared expensive but were more than reasonable when museum cards, drinks, and small acts of generosity were taken into account. The location is a little far from the railway station for mature people with luggage, especially after a long flight, but is perfectly situated for tram 24 to the museums and centre. It has to be noted that bathroom facilites are shared and requires cooperation.

• 16th May 2014
  • Couple, 41+

The place is very good to stay, about 20 min by tram from city centre, which makes it quite easily accessible and quiet. The only downside I could see is lack of access to kitchen, but besides highly recommended.

Great to be in quieter, suburban Amsterdam, yet only a simple tram ride from all the attractions. Nice room and great service!

• 15th Apr 2014

We stayed at the B&B for 4 days and had a fantastic time. The location suited us really well as we we wanted to stay in a quite area and use the tram to get to the city centre. The tram was only a 5 minute walk from the B&B. The house itself is very clean, very tasteful furniture and accessories. It made you feel at home straight away. Nessie, our hostess is a lovely lady who looked after us and helped us with anything and everything. Nothing was too much trouble for her. The breakfast was also

• 10th Apr 2014

This is a nice place but it's actually a room in a lady's flat. She's very nice and it was literally bed and breakfast but it somehow wasn't quite what we were expecting! Nothing to complain about though at all.

The Bed & Breakfast concept is a British invention and is literally overnight accommodation in a private residence. By law In the UK, a b&b can have max. 3 guest rooms. The owner Must live on the premises. In Amsterdam, the max. allowed is 2 guest rooms for 4 guests. More than that is an Inn or small hotel & requires special permits. Garden View has 2 guest rooms with balconies overlooking a garden. I've stayed in many b&bs in the UK & they were always in a private residence.

Cozy, snug little room, friendly and helpful landlady, plentyful breakfast, good connections to public transport, feel like at home in Amsterdam.

• 18th Nov 2013
  • Hungary
  • Couple, 41+

Very nice stay in Amsterdam. The B&B was quiet, cozy, and provided everything we needed. This is a great option if you are looking for a relaxing visit to Amsterdam but would not be ideal if you are looking to party to the wee hours of the morning. The rooms and facilities are very well kept, feels like home. My boyfriend and I absolutely loved it and would recommend it. Very short trip on the tram to get downtown.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5