Garden View Bed and Breakfast Reviews

Stadionkade 70-1, Amsterdam, Netherlands

This is a nice place but it's actually a room in a lady's flat. She's very nice and it was literally bed and breakfast but it somehow wasn't quite what we were expecting! Nothing to complain about though at all.

Cozy, snug little room, friendly and helpful landlady, plentyful breakfast, good connections to public transport, feel like at home in Amsterdam.

• 18th Nov 2013
  • Hungary
  • Couple, 41+

Very nice stay in Amsterdam. The B&B was quiet, cozy, and provided everything we needed. This is a great option if you are looking for a relaxing visit to Amsterdam but would not be ideal if you are looking to party to the wee hours of the morning. The rooms and facilities are very well kept, feels like home. My boyfriend and I absolutely loved it and would recommend it. Very short trip on the tram to get downtown.

My roommate and I traveled together on our way to study abroad and absolutely loved staying here! It was a wonderful atmosphere and the breakfast was absolutely delicious! We both adored the location and how easy it was to get to and from the sites of Amsterdam. Our hostess, Nessie, was more than incredible, making us breakfast even when we had an early flight and had to be out at 4:45am! We had a fantastic four days and should we ever decide to come back to Amsterdam, definitely would doitagain

• 30th Aug 2013

The location is not in the city centre, but is very easy to reach by taking the thram. It's has a lot of facilities that makes you felling at home.

• 8th Aug 2013
  • Argentina

We had a wonderful restful stay with Nessie. She went out of her way to be sure we were comfortable. She even gave us a "take out" breakfast of huge proportions to take to the airport early in the morning.

• 8th Jun 2013
  • Couple, 41+

Nessie is wonderful host! Very cosy room with well thought-out interior and nice view from the balcony. Also, the croissants she bakes for breakfasts are the best I ever tried, just delicious!! Would definitely stay there again.

The positive thing - excellent breakfast, the best I had anywhere! The not so positive thing - I had a feeling we were staying in someone's apartment as houseguests in a spare room, which was a bit unusual.

Yes, my first experience in a bed and breakfast was strange for me as well. Bed and Breakfast is a British concept = accommodation in a Private Residence, so of course, a spare room or two! When my late husband drove us to the UK to meet his family, we had to stay somewhere overnight before reaching our destination. When we stopped in front of a private house in a small town, my husband said he would ask if we could stay the night. I asked "Do you know these people?" He said, "This is a bed and breakfast." That's how I discovered B&Bs. We eat breakfast in the kitchen! Lots of places use the name "Bed and Breakfast", but if it's not in a Private Residence, it is something else = guest house, inn, boutique (small hotel), or pension to name a few.

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights in early July and thoroughly enjoyed it. The location is very quiet and peaceful yet very convenient as there is a direct tram only 15 mins to the city centre. Our room was very comfortable and the breakfast was delicious with plenty left oover to take for lunch later on! Nessie, the owner, makes you feel very welcome and it is all the little extra touches that make the stay so special. Thank you, Nessie for a wonderful time!

• 1st Jul 2012

It was a pleasure to have this couple as guests! It is always rewardning when guests appreciate the effort extended to make their visit an enjoyable treat :-D

What makes this place interesting is that the host lends you a museum card to access most museums free of charge. A great disadvantage is that it is quite far away and more difficult to access if you want to come back late at night. The host is a little bit too fussy about very simple things, making you feel observed. I wouldn't recommend it for young people but I may do so for middle aged tourists.

• 21st May 2012
  • Argentina

YES - fussy about smoking! No smoking means NO SMOKING!!! Each guest room has a spacious balcony with potted plants, table, chairs and an ash tray. Smoking outside only - with the door to the room closed. Not standing in the doorway smoking so that cigarette smoke can be smelled even in the central hall. Is it raining? It might still be possible to smoke without getting wet since there is a balcony above giving shelter. Is it storming? Then, yes, you will get wet. Two choices: Get wet or Don't Smoke! Our location is no secret - Amsterdam South is a quiet residential area. One of the nice things about Amsterdam is that it is small and nothing is really far away. Our location is a 15 minute tram ride to the center, a 20 minute walk to the museums. One of the benefits of our location is that the tram is just around the corner, and it takes you to all the interesting sights of Amsterdam. Guests have their own keys, so can return whenever they like. We only ask that guests return quietly after midnight. If you have gotten this far, thanks for reading!

Good location away from tourist zone. Just a short ride on the tram to the attractions of Amsterdam. Great breakfast, our hostess made Dutch pancakes one morning, best I have had.

We had the pleasure of staying at Garden View BnB for 3nights in April'12. Nessie prepared a welcome gift when we arrived n left us a nice card, souvenir and chocolate on the day we were to check out. Breakfast is very hearty and Nessie made us a very generous breakfast bag when we needed to depart early for Brussels. She also loaned us free museum passes which is a very nice thought. Garden View is a lovely place to stay in and we have an amazing time in Amsterdam.

• 23rd Apr 2012
  • Singapore

Nessie was very helpful in planning our days, and the museum passes were very welcome. Getting to the centre of Amsterdam, we used the trams or the metro, both being reasonable close. Using the Amsterdam Zuid station, it is easy to get transportation to Keukenhof, Haarlem, and Zaanse-Schan. The breakfast was terrific, and there was usually enough to take a lunch along with us. A great place to stay.

• 17th Apr 2012
  • Couple, 41+

We were very happy with our stay. I would be grateful if you would please thank Nessie for looking after us . Our stay in Amsterdam was greatly enjoyable. My one negative comment would be the garden we looked out on. It was very scruffy and filled with plastic bags. But I expect it has nothing to do with Nessie, sadly.

• 12th Apr 2012
  • Mixed Group, 41+

This b&b was a very good price considering you get a big breakfast delivered to your room, museum passes that get you into expensive and awesome museums including the Anne Frank House that is around 19 Euros & it is very clean However the owner is very overbearing and in your face. Its very small & she lives literally right next door to the room we stayed in. She waited up for us to get home & would be wandering around late at night checking up on us. If privacy is what desire, book elsewher

• 1st Dec 2011

Garden View is a private residence bed and breakfast in the British tradition. The 2 guest rooms (with balconies) are at the back of the property, overlooking the garden - hence the name. Guests enter through a vestibule into a central hall, with my rooms to the left, the office straight ahead, and guest rooms to the right. However my bedroom is situated so that I do hear guests who stumble in drunk at 3 a.m., and I do mention it if there is a lot of noise at that hour. Most guests come in quietly so as not to wake the household. If guests get pick-pocketed, I encourage them to report it to police so that they can get a report for their travel insurance company claim. Can that be considered 'in your face'? Thank you in advance, Nessie Benjamin Garden View bnb

We had a wonderful time at the Garden View. Nessie, the hostess, is very helpful with ideas and suggestions of sites to see and places to eat. The map provided and free museum passes came in very handy. The room was lovely and cozy, and we both slept like logs! The breakfast was huge and meant we didn't even have lunch when we were out. All in all, I would recommend this bed and breakfast to anyone who wants to stay away from the hustle and bustle of the City Centre.

• 25th Nov 2011
  • Couple, 41+

I strongly recommend staying here. The bedroom was beautiful and everything was very clean. Breakfast was served in our room and was excellent, it really set us up for the day. It is not in the city center but I prefered it this way, it was very close to a tram stop that goes straight into the center. Nessie was very welcoming and made us feel right at home.

The Best place where I have never been before. The owner is a great woman, very nice and lovely person. The bedroom it is beautiful and the breakfast was served inside the bedroom, amazing for a b&b !! Location is other thing very important to talk about, it is 10 minutes by tram to city centre, very close to Shiphol airport. Good place to stay and relax.

It´s a very clean and comfortable place to stay. Not in the center but very well comunicated and close to the tram station that takes you to the center in 10 minutes. More Suitable for quiet people.

Great place, worth every penny, or euro.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4