Garibaldi's Relais & Charme Reviews

Via Pratese 34, Florence, Italy

It isn't bad except for a couple of things; 1. The toilet door latch doesn't work. 2. Too many mosquitoes. 3. No free wifi.

• 22nd Jul 2014
  • India

This hostal should not be approved in this pages because it hasn't the facilities to host people at all.

It's a dirty place, with bad atention. There's overcharge for the Wi-Fi and the lugage left.

• 18th Jul 2014
  • Colombia

At first the hostel might not seem very clean and modern , but the people are so lovely and nice. And it is the cheapest hostel you will find in Florence! I would go there again :)

Alessio (the owner) charged me more than the price on the website. He made an excuse saying "I have a new rule since July 1st" and showed me a paper he printed with this "rule" of 2 extra euros per each night. I told him that that was not the price on the website, that I had already paid some money on line and that I only had to pay 18.50 euros but he told me that with his rule it was 22.50 that I had to pay (+ 5 euros for the wifi). I need more space to write. I had more problems at this hostel

All in all, it was a nice stay ... It followed the Germany-Brazil match .. 7-1, I'll never forget !!!

The place seemed ok at first, even though the staff didn't speak English very well, they were nice. It isn't too far of a bus ride from florence but there is nothing around in terms of food once you get out there. The main reason for such a low rating is because the bathroom doors did not close let alone lock and the place has bed bugs. I left with multiple bites on both legs arms and back. One of the worst experiences I have had

I read the warnings about this hostel being crappy but decided to give it the benefit of the doubt because it was so inexpensive.. I wouldn't make that mistake twice. There was no one at reception in the middle of the day to check us in, when we finally did get checked in we were told there was no curfew but got yelled at for returning at 10pm then the old lady that lives there barged into our room screaming in Italian twice about nothing I wouldn't recommend staying here even with the low cost.

Horrible service.

She not sleep to us! No comment!

This place was dirty and I'm pretty sure it had bed bugs because we woke up covered in bites. The lady who runs it was mean and yelled at someone staying there everyday and she smokes so much, it makes it hard to breath at night.

• 24th May 2014

I do not share your review, the lady is a customer, do not smoke some in your room, the mattresses are new.

We only stayed two nights but the first night we were not even given a room and forced to sleep on pillowless cota in the open reception area. Then the second night after a mishap with the busses we were almost left stranded on the front porch as the doors were locked we were not given a key and the owner turned his phone off on us.

• 24th Apr 2014

Sorry for the inconvenience we have taken steps to expand the spaces of the guests, to give a better service to the guests of the hostel.

“Although the staff were not friendly and not helpfull

View all Florence Bed and Breakfasts