Garibaldi's Relais & Charme Reviews

Via Pratese 34, Florence, Italy

Although the staff were friendly, I think they haven't been trained to deal with clients. Also, the hostel has serious problems of WC drain, making the property smell funky. Speaking of which, the number of toilets is incredibly low for the capacity of the hostel. Also, they should receive support to run the business more professionally, as the property in general looked neglected: the garden, the paint and the interior walls; there was even a door hold to the wall with packing tape.

• 5th Oct 2013
  • Chile

The staff helped us to find hostel, but in hostel was bad smell and in room weren't almost any furnitures. For people wasn´t kitchen and also any fridge. Toilet was broken. 2 people who care about hostel, one man who know english but didn´t spend lot of time in hostel and second woman who doesn´t speak englisch (only Italian). She was in hostel every time, but it was impossible speak with her, and she has broblem when we wanted to arrive later. This type of hostel costed 17(18)euro (one person

• 15th Aug 2013
  • Czech Republic

Had some trouble finding the hostel, it's not near a railway station as described, you have to take #30 bus. Once found the location was good. The hostel was extremely unhygienic and we suffered from a load of bed bug bites. The owners were friendly.

• 31st Jul 2013
  • Switzerland

We really didn't enjoy our stay. Both me and my sister were completely eaten alive by mosquitos and bed bugs (which we saw jumping in the bed sheets). I had 56 bits and my sis 30 from 3 nights! It's the cheapest available but don't bother, garibaldi is 20 min bus outside Florence, so you have to add bus fare onto the price. Stay somewhere else please, or you will regret it.

I couldn't to use my credit card because the hostel didn't acepted it. but in the internet's page tell that the hostel acepted credit card. I didn't like Garibaldi's relais and Charme

• 15th Jul 2013
  • Argentina

Garibaldi is a real southern Italian. He is incredibly friendly and was always a good chat. His hostel was a real southern Italian hostel, for better and for worse (mostly for worse). The shower in our room did not have a curtain or doors so the water would not drain. Combined with poor ventilation this caused our room to be incredibly moist. The bed sheets and covers were damp and there was a green substance (probably mold) on the walls. It made the entire stay rather unpleasant.

I booked this place to keep my stay in Florence cheap. However, this proved to be a false economy. The only way I could reach the place was via a 16-Euro cab ride, very poor location. Without prior warning, the reception had closed at 11:00 PM. I had to wake the proprietors to gain access and suffered lots of Italian abuse from an elderly woman living there. Finally: there was NO electricity, the place was filthy and no locks on the bathroom. I also woke up with over twenty mosquito bites.

• 8th Jun 2013

Only if you don't have other options. I don't know what about privates, but dorm room was awful - tight, uncomfortable and haven't been renovated since Risorgimento. Cleanliness is a very big issue there. Price seems good, but summing things written above and distance from the city center - really not worth it.

Generally quality of this hostel is poor. The biggest problem is that rooms can't be locked (only whole hostel) and bathroom is poorly designed so water always spills inside the room, so don't be suprised to find your shoes, blankets, socks etc wet.

View all Florence Bed and Breakfasts