Garoa Hostel Reviews

Rua Guaiçuí, 72, Sao Paulo, Brazil

The only good thing about the location is that it is 3 blocks from a metro station, but not one of the going out neighborhoods everyone recommends. The hostel is clean, the WiFi is amazing when it's working but sometimes goes down, but does work in the dorms. All in all it's a good hostel.

great hostel, great helpful staff. near supermarket and metro. kitchen could be a bit bigger but that is really the only downside. I was in the 8 dorm room with great 2m beds and specious room! recommend it!

One of the best hostels I've stayed in so far...its new, clean, friendly, spacious, secure and has better wifi than I've got at home! Highly recommended!!

A nice, clean and well located hostel, The staff was very friendly and always helpful. During the weekend I stayed with a friend at the hostel there were only Brazilians there. For me that was no problem, but I think it could be for other people who don't speak Portuguese. I liked the hostel a lot and it was also very close to the metro which I find very important in a big city like Sao Paulo

Beautiful open floor plan hostel in a great location close to the Faria Lima metro station, but open doors and windows at night without A/C meant we got bit over 20 times each by mosquitos every night. Difficult to sleep at night with a lot of noise from the other guests. Otherwise, great staff and cool place.

Fantastic hostel can't go wrong

• 1st Jan 2015

A wonderful hostel! I am a female travelling alone and I stayed there for a week. Comfortable and lovely. Situated in a hip area and close to the Metro (takes under 1/2 an hour to get to Paulista from door to door). The staff are very cool and very kind.

The only reason I did not give location an excellent is because there are so many different things to do in Sao Paolo that no one location can be excellent for all of them, The staff was so much more than kind. They had plenty of needed advice, had the breakfast ready on time and went beyond what may have been necessary to make certain everyone at the hostel enjoyed their stay. I will stay there again if I am in Sao Paolo.

Everything you need in a hostel. Good location and friendly staff.

Great place, friendly, helpful staff. Had an awesome stay, would definetely recommend.

The staff is so so so helpful, the building is new, good furniture, good breakfast, spaces for convivence. Amazing location. Welcoming atmosphere. Lots of respect and love!

The location not that good but at least near metro. Atmosphere not great for international travelers, lots of locals seem to use as a business guest house or something. They asked us to change from our dorm to a more expensive dorm because somebody had booked before us which is cool but later we found out the booking got cancelled but they kept us in more expensive dorm. The trick with the shower is to use low pressure it's hotter like that. It's a clean place average breakfast. Friendly staff.

really good place to stay!! really good staff and nice breakfast if I go to SP, would like to stay ones again