Garoa Hostel Reviews

Rua Guaiçuí, 72, Sao Paulo, Brazil

Great place, friendly, helpful staff. Had an awesome stay, would definetely recommend.

The staff is so so so helpful, the building is new, good furniture, good breakfast, spaces for convivence. Amazing location. Welcoming atmosphere. Lots of respect and love!

The location not that good but at least near metro. Atmosphere not great for international travelers, lots of locals seem to use as a business guest house or something. They asked us to change from our dorm to a more expensive dorm because somebody had booked before us which is cool but later we found out the booking got cancelled but they kept us in more expensive dorm. The trick with the shower is to use low pressure it's hotter like that. It's a clean place average breakfast. Friendly staff.

really good place to stay!! really good staff and nice breakfast if I go to SP, would like to stay ones again

Nice little hostel. Comfortable beds with power points and lights on each one. Good wifi. Clean throughout .

garoa hostel is one my favorite hostels in all of south america. the location is excellent, it is a 2 minute walk to the metro. the hostel itself is new so it is in very good condition, good facilities, lots of toilets. however my favorite part of garoa hostel was definitely the staff. a special thank you to vinicius, thais and carneiro! they were so amazing at helping me with any question i had and ended up being more than just hostel workers but great friends also! obrigado

• 14th Aug 2014

Best hostel in Brazil! Lovely staff, spacious rooms (even the 10-bed dorm!), 2 individual plugs to every bed, good showers and nice lounge area and bar. I found the hostel faultless!

Good hostel, reasonable price and clean. Advise taking the metro to/from bus station / airport (expensive in a taxi)

I loved this place, the staff are all so friendly, there are regular events and activities that bring the real Brazil into the hostel. It´s location means that it is easy to get around this massive city with ease. I highly recommend Garoa.

amazing hostel. chilled but sociable and the staff were great. toasties for breakfast were great. however, cold showers.

Nice area, very helpful staff, comfortable beds. Unfortunately, probably due to a large group of argentines (during the FIFA cup) the toilets were often not very 'sanitary'. But the facilities themselves are very nice!

• 27th Jun 2014