GastHaus Bremen Backpacker Hostel Reviews

Emil-Waldmann-Strasse 5-6, Bremen, Germany

They could not suggest how to book a guided tour in the city. One of the automatic showers goes off every 5 seconds and it is impossible to shower without stress. I had to pay for bed blankets and make the bed myself. The woman that does the cleaning started singing early morning and woke me up. One of the receptionists, Anna Netzer, was really not so polite. The restroom is hidden and discovered it only on last day. I could go on with the list...

Nice clean hostel. Only negative thing was that there wasn't any mirror in the room.

• 14th Mar 2015
  • Estonia

As the attendant found out I was a resident of Bremen, she asked me to leave the hostel. I am not complaining about having to leave. I am complaining that she treated me like a dog or a criminal while doing that. Her tone of voice and her words were quite damaging and I felt bad my whole night. This hostel sucks!

We feel very sorry for you that we could not give you a room in our hostel. Please do not take it personally. Our policy is that we do not accommodate persons who live here in Bremen. Sorry for this misunderstanding. We hope you had a good night at your own home.

Very nice place =) I would gladly stay there again.

• 2nd Mar 2015
  • Sweden

I can understand without bed linen, so I can use mine. But what I don't get is the staff ask that if you need a pillow and cover, at least should mention about it in the information. So nothing on the bed unless you pay 3 euro. We stayed in a 4 beds room, we ask for a key of the room, but the staff refused, she said there maybe someone else will be here, but actually no one else at last. Anyway It's close to the train station.

Excellent location. Less than 5 mins to the Hauptbahnhof and 10 mins walk to the Altstadt and other attractions and resturants.

Thank you for the excellent review.

There was no elevation and our room was on the fourth floor.

• 24th Jan 2015
  • Belarus

? but we only have 3 floors...

It felt like they were overcharging quite a bit on the extras (this much for a hostel breakfast?)

• 19th Dec 2014

The wonderful Hotel breakfast buffet is only Euro 7,50, but you're welcome to prepare your own in our fully equipped Hostel kitchen.

Very clean and nice hostel. One downside: you couldn't lock the door of the rooms, so everybody could just walk in and out...

Security is a big issue here. Thank you for your comments