GastHaus Bremen Backpacker Hostel Reviews

Emil-Waldmann-Strasse 5-6, Bremen, Germany

While the location is ideal, the problem with this hostel was the very unfriendly staff members. From my interactions with the 2 men that work at the hostel, I got the feeling that I was seen more as an inconvenience than an actual guest. I did stay in one afternoon and did laundry for the second leg of my trip. The staff members seemed to be annoyed by my very presence upon entering reception to ask for change, soap, etc. I booked this hostel very last minute, and I won't be staying here again.

We only have nice, polite and very friendly people working here.

Overpriced. No facility to boil water. The breakfast was quite good, & the location was reasonable. The signagefrom the street is not the best.

• 10th May 2015

We do have a fully equipped kitchen including 2 water kettles. Fell free to ask us if you cannot find anything.

Lack of wifi in the rooms:(.

We're providing free wifi in the public areas. The radio reception in the rooms is depending on your device.

The hostel beds where comfy and the rooms where clean, but if there is one thing I can critizise is the shower facilities, 2 private showers and 1 very public shower next to the kitchen are not enough for a hostel your size (3 floors, average 4 rooms per floor, 4 people per room), you should think about adding more showers and in a better location, having to walk through the lobby and the kitchen is not ideal.

• 30th Apr 2015

Rooms could have some kind of coat racks and atleast one little table. Very good location. Extra cost for linen was a surprise for us.

• 29th Apr 2015
  • Finland

Very near Bremen train station, great breakfast. Staff friendly.

They could not suggest how to book a guided tour in the city. One of the automatic showers goes off every 5 seconds and it is impossible to shower without stress. I had to pay for bed blankets and make the bed myself. The woman that does the cleaning started singing early morning and woke me up. One of the receptionists, Anna Netzer, was really not so polite. The restroom is hidden and discovered it only on last day. I could go on with the list...

Nice clean hostel. Only negative thing was that there wasn't any mirror in the room.

• 14th Mar 2015
  • Estonia

As the attendant found out I was a resident of Bremen, she asked me to leave the hostel. I am not complaining about having to leave. I am complaining that she treated me like a dog or a criminal while doing that. Her tone of voice and her words were quite damaging and I felt bad my whole night. This hostel sucks!

We feel very sorry for you that we could not give you a room in our hostel. Please do not take it personally. Our policy is that we do not accommodate persons who live here in Bremen. Sorry for this misunderstanding. We hope you had a good night at your own home.

Very nice place =) I would gladly stay there again.

• 2nd Mar 2015
  • Sweden

I can understand without bed linen, so I can use mine. But what I don't get is the staff ask that if you need a pillow and cover, at least should mention about it in the information. So nothing on the bed unless you pay 3 euro. We stayed in a 4 beds room, we ask for a key of the room, but the staff refused, she said there maybe someone else will be here, but actually no one else at last. Anyway It's close to the train station.

Excellent location. Less than 5 mins to the Hauptbahnhof and 10 mins walk to the Altstadt and other attractions and resturants.

Thank you for the excellent review.

There was no elevation and our room was on the fourth floor.

• 24th Jan 2015
  • Belarus

? but we only have 3 floors...

It felt like they were overcharging quite a bit on the extras (this much for a hostel breakfast?)

The wonderful Hotel breakfast buffet is only Euro 7,50, but you're welcome to prepare your own in our fully equipped Hostel kitchen.

Very clean and nice hostel. One downside: you couldn't lock the door of the rooms, so everybody could just walk in and out...

Security is a big issue here. Thank you for your comments