GastHaus Bremen Backpacker Hostel Reviews

Emil-Waldmann-Strasse 5-6, Bremen, Germany

They only take cash despite having a machine. I had to leave the hostel walk back to the station to get money because " we don't want to make the banks rich" This hostel is very boring. It is clean but totally lacks any atmosphere. It is like staying in a youth hostel 40 years ago. Extra charged for bedding. very uncomfortable atmosphere.

Dear Guest, thank you for rating us. We do accept all major credit cards but no AMEX like in your case - sorry. Maybe you were more looking for a party hostel, which we're indeed not...

Some of the staff are rude. But if you read the comments that they write back to people you can tell. For some reason the place felt like a gost town. May of just been they people staying there but wouldn't stay here again

Thank you for your comments.

Did not like this hostel. There was a lack of outlets, couldn't get wifi anywhere but near the kitchen and lounge, was talking on the phone in the lounge because was only wifi I could get and staff member asked me when I was going to be done with phone call. I would have never talked in front of people but had no choice. When they say check out is 11 they mean it. Meaning you are not allowed to stay and hang out in lounge nor leave your luggage until your plane, train, or bus leaves.

No locks on the room doors make the rooms feel very insecure despite the availability of lockers. Two of the beds in my six person dorm were damaged on arrival and would have been impossible to sleep on. Staff were rude generally.

• 10th Sep 2015

Dear Guest, sorry that we did not meet your expectation, but be sure that security, high qualifications and professionalism as well as the tremendous motivation of our staff is present 24hrs. If you spot a problem: Please talk to us while you're here to give us the chance to correct it and make it better. Not so nice to complain about everything when you're gone, isn't it?

Only one guy from the staff was super friendly (as all people working in the service industry should be) - He has long, dark hair. All other days I was greeted by phlegmatic workers. Put on a smile, come on! Excellent location and atmosphere otherwise.

Hello, thank you for your impressions. Maybe it was a very stressful day (no excuse). We'll be more happy while working from now on - promised.

Wonderful service. Could not hope for more!

• 11th Jul 2015

It was nice, you do have to pay in cash but thanks to the other reviews I was prepared :) the staff is really nice and the Internet is good as well. I could do my laundry for 2€ and dry it for 1€. Is really quite so I had a good sleep. Thanks :)

• 4th Jul 2015
  • Mexico

Thank you for staying with us.

On the website it said we could pay with credit card but above 50EUR and its not a clear information when you book. I had to go back to the train station at night to withdraw money. the door to the bedroom i was in doesn't lock and is seethrough so if someone is outside can almost see you get undressed or if you have to sleep on the bed beside the door and the lights are on outsied you cannot sleep well. I think it was tto expensive for the conditions i had and i was only there for a few hours.

• 8th Jun 2015
  • Portugal

All major credit cards are accepted (VISA / MASTER / MAESTRO). Thanks for your comments and staying with us!

Location close to train station was great; there is a city tax of 1 Euro per night, and paying by card only from 50 Euro up - not sure if this was mentioned when booking.

Vielen Dank für Deinen Besuch. Schön, dass Du bei uns gewesen bist.