Gaudys Backpackers Hostel

• Ave. 5 / Calle 36 y 38, Casa 3636, Del Banco de Costa Rica de Paseo Colon, 200 al nor, San Jose, Costa Rica

8.4
Fabulous 833 Total Reviews
8.4
Fabulous 833 Total Reviews
Gaudys Backpackers Hostel Located at Ave. 5 / Calle 36 y 38, Casa 3636, Del Banco de Costa Rica de Paseo Colon, 200 al nor, San Jose.
Costa Rica
San Jose Ave. 5 / Calle 36 y 38, Casa 3636, Del Banco de Costa Rica de Paseo Colon, 200 al nor
84% 833
9.9385434 -84.0955781
    Rooms available

• England, Female, 18-24
6th Aug 2016

Really lovely place. Staff friendly and helpful and very clean. The common areas were numerous and tidy. They were quite strict about having quiet after 11pm which was a nice change. Definitely not a place for staying up late (in a good way). Showers pressure was great. Dorm room was a bit dingy and didn't have a window so was a bit stuffy but common areas made up for it. Arrived at 2am and had to make my bed tho.. Not usually a problem but was a top bunk so disturbed the sleepers

• Canada, Female, 18-24
5th Aug 2016

I felt extremely welcome and safe at Gaudy's. It was my first time backpacking in Costa Rica and everyone I met at the hostel (working and visiting) was kind and helpful with any questions I had about the area and transportation. The kitchen and rooms were clean and there were lots of places in the hostel to just hang out with other visitors! Definitely worth staying there, and would probably stay there again if I went back to San Jose

1st Aug 2016

We had an awesome stay at Gaudy's! We booked a private room with a shared bathroom but were upgraded to a private bathroom with a balcony for free. Our only complaint was that the hot water in the shower didn't working, but it wasn't a big deal at all. :) Definitely recommend!

• New Zealand, Female, 25-30
12th Jul 2016

After my third time here I really felt like I was coming home - the service is so personal, friendly and kind, it was great! The hostel itself has a super sweet vibe and is very clean. The facilities aren't super fancy but everything is kept in order - I especially like the hammock in the sun! They have all you need either on site or close by and the home-made breakfast is a treat. Would recommend staying here to anyone passing through San Jose or staying for longer.

• USA, Male, 41+
9th Jul 2016

The hostel was clean, a good value, and also in a good location. The staff were friendly, helpful, and also made a really good free breakfast on both days of my stay. I would definitely stay at Gaudys again without thinking twice.

• England, Female, 18-24
26th Jun 2016

Great place for a stopover - really clean and secure with kitchen, computers, hammocks, computers, pool table and free breakfast! Would recommend.

• USA, Female, 18-24
25th Jun 2016

It Is very cozy here ! I received a very warm welcome and immediately felt at home in Guadys cute little abode. I am a sucker for free coffee and the beds were comfy. It is only a coupke blocks from the main street giving it a safe feeling and a quiet night. The staff were soo amazing! They really helped me effeciantly plan out my trip and book an amazing rafting trip that took me to my next destination.

• Germany, Couple, 25-30
14th Jun 2016

Very good located hostel. Close to San Jose downtown bus station (600m) to catch the bus to and from Juan Santamaria Airport. Friendly host that is willing to give you recommendations for possible destinations. Helped us book an amazing rafting tour on the Rio Pacuare. Good WiFi connection. Spacious living room with couches, tables and TV to hang out with others. The free coffee and the kitchen were a plus. Delicious Costa Rican breakfast.

• USA, Female, 25-30
11th Jun 2016

I feel that a few updates and improvements are neccessay. For the most part the concierge service was good, most of them spoke English, always got us taxis, placed food delivery orders, these simple things are good. The furniture needs updating, billiard table was missing cues and balls. The plus side, TV and wifi always available, ccommunal tables to eat food, and socialize with orher guests is a good idea. I felt safe in the neigborhood. My sister and I thought for the price not bad, staff a

10th Jun 2016
6.0

I had stayed her previously in a dorm room and was very disappointed with this visit when I splurged for a private. Our room windows did not have screens and the window would not close- therefore the night was buggy and noisy.

oohh come on!!! We can not belive all this you just wrote!! You are just making all this uo because you wanted to check out 1 day before and 3 hours later than check out time that day, you got really upset because we didnt give you the money back or change the reservation. but thanks anyway for staying with us and taking the time to review us even that you didnt do it last time you satyed with us.