Gaudys Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Ave. 5 / Calle 36 y 38, Casa 3636, Del Banco de Costa Rica de Paseo Colon, 200 al nor, San Jose, Costa Rica

Hi I stayed overnight. The dorm room was wide spacious and clean. Inner part of the guesthouse is like a house and feels comfortable. Kitchen facilities are good n clean , Thank you.

• 16th Jul 2014
  • Israel

We spent one night at Gaudy's Backpackers and had a great time. It is defenitly the cleanest and most spacious Hostel that we encountered on our Costa Rica Trip. The Host is very friendly and helped us a Lot with his recommandations. The Lounge room is very comfortable, with American TV and the possibility to watch several DVDS on a Big HD Television. I would always come back to Gaudy's, if i stay in San jose ever again!

The front office staff were extremely helpful for two Canadians that were just passing through San Jose. We began our backpacking trip here and went down to Colombia and we really used the tips the staff gave us. We'd stay again IF we ever went to San Jose again.

• 1st Jul 2014

Although the hostel is away from the city center, it appears to be a safe neighborhood (despite the locked gate entry). The dorm room was clean, offers ample community areas (TV, patio, pool table, computers) and has a nice breakfast. One complaint though, the dorm bathroom was extremely dirty (possibly due to 10 people sharing one bathroom). So more bathrooms would be a perfect addition in the future.

This is a nice hostel with a relaxed but friendly atmosphere, slightly outside of town but within easy walking distance and close to the airport. They arranged a taxi to pick me up at the airport which was great as I arrived very jetlagged and with no Spanish so I knew the cost beforehand and that I was being taken to the right location. There are things to do and people to chat to all the time. Really close to a supermarket and the bus stops.

staffs were so kind : ) and hot cakes was good :)

We really liked our stay at Gaudy's! We actually decided to stay there again when we returned to San José for the second time. Really friendly staff that can help you out with everything you need and the laundry service was quick and excellent :)

• 12th Feb 2014
  • Sweden

Gaudy's is a nice place, well positioned, only 10-15 minutes walking from Avenida Central and a little more than 5 minutes walking to La Sabana park. Room are quite clean, the price is good for Costa Rica. The guys at the receptions are very nice and helpful. I recommand this place.

• 10th Feb 2014

The foam bed mattress was very poor.

The microwave was broken and there were portable electric burners for guests to use in cooking. Only one of the burners worked. Still, I always stay at Gaudy ' when in San Jose. It's comfortable and a great location for me. Lots of space in the common areas and the staff is generally helpful.

• 4th Feb 2014

I loved my stay at Gaudy's. It is situated in a nice neighborhood in San José, close to everything, you can walk the city freely, I saw nor I felt any danger (even though people told me San José is dangerous), or I was too lucky. The place is complete and you have many commodities. We didn't need air conditioning since it's cold in San José. The staff is extremely helpful and kind.

Very good, safe location, fantastic staff, good security and lockers. A pleasant place to relax after the whole day in San Jose. Close to the supermarket. Also a very convenient location for busses to the airport.