Gaudys Backpackers Hostel

• Ave. 5 / Calle 36 y 38, Casa 3636, Del Banco de Costa Rica de Paseo Colon, 200 al nor, San Jose, Costa Rica
8.2
Fabulous 797 Total Reviews
8.2
Fabulous 797 Total Reviews
Gaudys Backpackers Hostel Located at Ave. 5 / Calle 36 y 38, Casa 3636, Del Banco de Costa Rica de Paseo Colon, 200 al nor, San Jose.
Costa Rica
San Jose Ave. 5 / Calle 36 y 38, Casa 3636, Del Banco de Costa Rica de Paseo Colon, 200 al nor
82% 797
9.9385434 -84.0955781
    Rooms available

• USA, Female, 41+
16th Apr 2016

This is my third time staying at Gaudy's in San Jose Costa Rica. I love staying there because I 'm treated well by the staff, the room I've stayed in fits my needs perfectly, I'm close to most everything I need (stores, sodas, downtown, etc), and there is a comfortable like-at-home sort of feel to the living areas at Gaudy's. Lastly, I think the overall pricing is very fair. Thanks, Gaudy's!

• England, Couple, 25-30
7th Apr 2016
5.4

Worst night's sleep of my life! Although the Hostel was located in a fairly good location, and we were greeted by a friendly staff member, the hostel is so loud. We had an early flight the following day but were kept up by the dorm next to our private room. Walls are v thin, so felt like the people staying in the dorm were in our room. There was also a pedestrian crossing outside our window which beeped constantly throughout the night. Probably fine to stay if you are not fussed about sleeping.

• USA, Female, 25-30
24th Mar 2016
7.4

Close to the airport with a helpful staff. The biggest downside was that there were tiny ants crawling over all the surfaces including the beds.

• Singapore, Male, 25-30
16th Mar 2016
6.6

It was a nice place with a good vibe. The hostel staff were friendly and helpful. Convenient walk to parque metropolitano, grocery shop (2 blocks) and local eateries (Soda tapia)

• USA, Male, 41+
4th Mar 2016
8.0

I like Gaudys over some other hostels, it is clean, quiet, not too far from town or the airport. Staff is polite and helpful. Breakfast is good. Not a party hostel, but you can bring in your own beer which is much cheaper than Pangea or some of the places with their own bars.

• Canada, Female, 41+
22nd Feb 2016

This is a nice hostel, clean, comfortable and lovely staff. If you are heading out to the airport, there is a stop for the bus two blocks from the hostel. Half an hour and you are there. Large supermarket and huge park near by as well. Slightly out of the way but the trade off is that you can have a quiet night sleep unlike Backpackers that had incredible street noise all night. One of the staff helped me greatly one night to get my boarding passes for my flight. I highly recommend this place.

• England, Female, 18-24
20th Feb 2016
7.7

Friendly hostel, great breakfast. Staff helpful with where to go in San Jose as well as organising taxis to bus stations. Nice communal area to sit and relax. Only issue is rooms on the road are noisy.

• Canada, Couple, 25-30
18th Feb 2016
6.3

Gaudys hostile is not terrible but its far from great. After a very long day of traveling the they wanted to charge us another nights stay each, and guarantee that we take their taxi to the airport for a grand total of 56$ US. All we were asking was that they hold our backpacks so we could visit the city and come pick up our stuff at 15h30. 56$ US to hold bags from 10-15h30... Bus to the airport cost us 1.50 each. Needless to say, not impressed with the service. Never again

• RodMedina
  • England, All Female Group, 31-40
18th Feb 2016
7.4

The place is nice and well located. But if you sleep on the front rooms ( Poas and irazu ) the noise of the traffic lights are so intense! I could not sleep at all ...it's like and alarm clock on and on all night long....

• Austria, Female, 18-24