Gaudys Backpackers Hostel

• Ave. 5 / Calle 36 y 38, Casa 3636, Del Banco de Costa Rica de Paseo Colon, 200 al nor, San Jose, Costa Rica
8.2
Fabulous 805 Total Reviews
8.2
Fabulous 805 Total Reviews
Gaudys Backpackers Hostel Located at Ave. 5 / Calle 36 y 38, Casa 3636, Del Banco de Costa Rica de Paseo Colon, 200 al nor, San Jose.
Costa Rica
San Jose Ave. 5 / Calle 36 y 38, Casa 3636, Del Banco de Costa Rica de Paseo Colon, 200 al nor
82% 805
9.9385434 -84.0955781
    Rooms available

• USA, Female, 31-40
18th May 2016
6.3

We got a private room with ensuite bathroom. It wasn't cleaned very well, hair on bathroom floor and my feet were black on the bottom after walking around inside. Also, it looked like the whole room needed a good contractor. There were Tiny ants crawling in the bed. Staff were very nice and let us keep our suitcases locked up while waiting for our ride. Breakfast was good.

• England, Female, 41+
11th May 2016

I enjoyed my stay at Gaudy's. Excellent value for money, safe environment and helpful staff. I would recommend to young and older travellers like myself. I would definitely stay there again.

• Canada, Male, 31-40
10th May 2016

Great place, clean and good location.

• USA, Female, 41+
16th Apr 2016

This is my third time staying at Gaudy's in San Jose Costa Rica. I love staying there because I 'm treated well by the staff, the room I've stayed in fits my needs perfectly, I'm close to most everything I need (stores, sodas, downtown, etc), and there is a comfortable like-at-home sort of feel to the living areas at Gaudy's. Lastly, I think the overall pricing is very fair. Thanks, Gaudy's!

• England, Couple, 25-30
7th Apr 2016
5.4

Worst night's sleep of my life! Although the Hostel was located in a fairly good location, and we were greeted by a friendly staff member, the hostel is so loud. We had an early flight the following day but were kept up by the dorm next to our private room. Walls are v thin, so felt like the people staying in the dorm were in our room. There was also a pedestrian crossing outside our window which beeped constantly throughout the night. Probably fine to stay if you are not fussed about sleeping.

• USA, Female, 25-30
24th Mar 2016
7.4

Close to the airport with a helpful staff. The biggest downside was that there were tiny ants crawling over all the surfaces including the beds.

• Singapore, Male, 25-30
16th Mar 2016
6.6

It was a nice place with a good vibe. The hostel staff were friendly and helpful. Convenient walk to parque metropolitano, grocery shop (2 blocks) and local eateries (Soda tapia)

• USA, Male, 41+
4th Mar 2016
8.0

I like Gaudys over some other hostels, it is clean, quiet, not too far from town or the airport. Staff is polite and helpful. Breakfast is good. Not a party hostel, but you can bring in your own beer which is much cheaper than Pangea or some of the places with their own bars.

• Canada, Female, 41+
22nd Feb 2016

This is a nice hostel, clean, comfortable and lovely staff. If you are heading out to the airport, there is a stop for the bus two blocks from the hostel. Half an hour and you are there. Large supermarket and huge park near by as well. Slightly out of the way but the trade off is that you can have a quiet night sleep unlike Backpackers that had incredible street noise all night. One of the staff helped me greatly one night to get my boarding passes for my flight. I highly recommend this place.

• England, Female, 18-24
20th Feb 2016
7.7

Friendly hostel, great breakfast. Staff helpful with where to go in San Jose as well as organising taxis to bus stations. Nice communal area to sit and relax. Only issue is rooms on the road are noisy.