Gaudys Backpackers Hostel

• Ave. 5 / Calle 36 y 38, Casa 3636, Del Banco de Costa Rica de Paseo Colon, 200 al nor, San Jose, Costa Rica

8.5
Fabulous 1022 Total Reviews
8.5
Fabulous 1022 Total Reviews

15th Jun 2017

Clean, lots of space, great location. Loved it, will come back!!!

30th May 2017
6.9

Functional. Good breakfast.

• nataliehenshall7395
  • England, Female, 31-40
30th May 2017
6.6

Booked a twin room but found it so small for me & friend we were moved to an empty dorm. This was still tiny with a tiny bathroom we could hardly move in. Wifi didn't seem to work well either. Staff were very friendly & helpful however

• USA, Female, 41+
29th May 2017

Lovely place; very welcoming and colorful, with many areas to sit - chat - read. Great pancake breakfast! (I paid $2 as I was in a dorm, but it was worth it).

30th Apr 2017

My place while in San Jose staff over the top with being helpful .I stayed in the 8 unit dorm and enjoyed the comaradarie meet new friends from all over the world. I am in central Costa Rica at present and will stay at Gaudys again before heading home to Canada Ian Staton Port Alberni

• England, Female, 41+
29th Apr 2017

Quiet, safe and calm. If I know I'm going back to Gaudy's I can relax.

• coatsie34
  • Canada, Mixed Group, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
27th Apr 2017
6.0

There wasn't nearly enough bathrooms for the dorms and the lockers were tiny and half of them were broken. Not a great place to stay but fine if you're just passing through. Not much atmosphere either.

• Canada, Female, 25-30
20th Apr 2017
8.0

Did the job as a place to stay as an overnighter after flying in from san jose

• USA, Female, 18-24
13th Apr 2017

I stayed at Gaudy's 3 separate times throughout my time in Costa Rica last month and really enjoyed myself each time. The staff were very friendly and SUPER helpful when it came to recommendations on things to do both in the city and in the country of Costa Rica. Both the dorms were nice; the beds were comfy, warm, the bathrooms were also clean and in nice condition. Definitely a place I would recommend to other travelers. Good location; close to downtown, bus stations, and a grocery store.

10th Apr 2017

The hostel was really nice, and is a convenient place for catching the bus to or from the airport. The staff was very nice, and I made use of their laundry service. I did have hot water, which was refreshing in Central America. I prefer the other side of San Jose, but I would definitely stay here again.