Gaudys Backpackers Hostel

• Ave. 5 / Calle 36 y 38, Casa 3636, Del Banco de Costa Rica de Paseo Colon, 200 al nor, San Jose, Costa Rica

8.2
Fabulous 824 Total Reviews
8.2
Fabulous 824 Total Reviews
Gaudys Backpackers Hostel Located at Ave. 5 / Calle 36 y 38, Casa 3636, Del Banco de Costa Rica de Paseo Colon, 200 al nor, San Jose.
Costa Rica
San Jose Ave. 5 / Calle 36 y 38, Casa 3636, Del Banco de Costa Rica de Paseo Colon, 200 al nor
82% 824
9.9385434 -84.0955781
    Rooms available

• New Zealand, Female, 25-30
12th Jul 2016

After my third time here I really felt like I was coming home - the service is so personal, friendly and kind, it was great! The hostel itself has a super sweet vibe and is very clean. The facilities aren't super fancy but everything is kept in order - I especially like the hammock in the sun! They have all you need either on site or close by and the home-made breakfast is a treat. Would recommend staying here to anyone passing through San Jose or staying for longer.

• USA, Male, 41+
9th Jul 2016

The hostel was clean, a good value, and also in a good location. The staff were friendly, helpful, and also made a really good free breakfast on both days of my stay. I would definitely stay at Gaudys again without thinking twice.

• England, Female, 18-24
26th Jun 2016

Great place for a stopover - really clean and secure with kitchen, computers, hammocks, computers, pool table and free breakfast! Would recommend.

• USA, Female, 18-24
25th Jun 2016

It Is very cozy here ! I received a very warm welcome and immediately felt at home in Guadys cute little abode. I am a sucker for free coffee and the beds were comfy. It is only a coupke blocks from the main street giving it a safe feeling and a quiet night. The staff were soo amazing! They really helped me effeciantly plan out my trip and book an amazing rafting trip that took me to my next destination.

• Germany, Couple, 25-30
14th Jun 2016

Very good located hostel. Close to San Jose downtown bus station (600m) to catch the bus to and from Juan Santamaria Airport. Friendly host that is willing to give you recommendations for possible destinations. Helped us book an amazing rafting tour on the Rio Pacuare. Good WiFi connection. Spacious living room with couches, tables and TV to hang out with others. The free coffee and the kitchen were a plus. Delicious Costa Rican breakfast.

• USA, Female, 25-30
11th Jun 2016

I feel that a few updates and improvements are neccessay. For the most part the concierge service was good, most of them spoke English, always got us taxis, placed food delivery orders, these simple things are good. The furniture needs updating, billiard table was missing cues and balls. The plus side, TV and wifi always available, ccommunal tables to eat food, and socialize with orher guests is a good idea. I felt safe in the neigborhood. My sister and I thought for the price not bad, staff a

10th Jun 2016
6.0

I had stayed her previously in a dorm room and was very disappointed with this visit when I splurged for a private. Our room windows did not have screens and the window would not close- therefore the night was buggy and noisy.

oohh come on!!! We can not belive all this you just wrote!! You are just making all this uo because you wanted to check out 1 day before and 3 hours later than check out time that day, you got really upset because we didnt give you the money back or change the reservation. but thanks anyway for staying with us and taking the time to review us even that you didnt do it last time you satyed with us.

• Netherlands, Female, 18-24
10th Jun 2016
7.7

Nice quiet hostel. Close to ticabus terminal and big supermarket.

• England, Female, 41+
9th Jun 2016

Very friendly and welcoming hostel. Good security, lockers, comfortable beds and clean bathrooms. It had everything I needed and I always got help with my questions at reception. Great wifi too. Restaurants close by and it was easy to get a bus to the airport. Whilst there I saw an advert to have a massage. Carrying a backpack for long periods of time was taking its toll and I highly recommend booking an appointment with Isaac Pichardo. Did a great job! Wonderful free breakfast too!

2nd Jun 2016

My friend and I stayed at Gaudy's for one night when we got to San Jose. My flight got delayed and changed around, and as a result my checked-in bag was lost. Andres, one of the staff members, was incredibly helpful with calling the airline multiple times until he was able to arrange for my bag to be sent to our next hostel in another city. He also recommended places to go and things to do based on what we wanted. Overall, great experience and extremely helpful staff!