Gaudys Backpackers Hostel

• Ave. 5 / Calle 36 y 38, Casa 3636, Del Banco de Costa Rica de Paseo Colon, 200 al nor, San Jose, Costa Rica
Fabulous 963 Total Reviews
Fabulous 963 Total Reviews

• USA, Male, 18-24
12th Feb 2017

Great, helpful customer service. Peaceful and quiet atmosphere.

• Australia, Female, 31-40
  • Globetrotter
7th Feb 2017
6.6

I was very unhappy with the hostel. I selected it because it said it was close enough to the airport to be cheap. They wanted $26. I have stayed in TripOn2 before which offered it for cheaper, with an incredible breakfast and atmosphere. I would not stay here again. In the room there was 4 lights, and only 1 worked. The water was freezing cold and it was the worst food I've been fed for breakfast. Only available between 7:30-8:30am. Shocking!

ohh what a review! thank you very much for taking the rime as soon as you checked out to write it. Actually we are close to the airport, we toldyou the 3 options for gettimg to the airport, public bus (only 1 block away from Gaudys), shuttle service ($12) and taxi $26 (our own car) but the 3 of them were really expensive for you, lights have to be turned on and hot water works 24 hours maybe a bit diffivult for you yo manage the mixer in the shower, we server pancakes and fruits and our typical rice and beans for breakfast, if that was your worst food ever, we are very very sorry for you, read our trviews on all the websites we are on and see hundreds of people loving it! thank you again for your nice comments.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
29th Jan 2017
7.1

Place was alright. It was really far from where we were dropped at the bus station, so a little less than ideal location. Definitely felt safe in the hostel, but the area was a bit dodgy at night. close to a supermarket but thats about it. the beds were probably the squeakiest in all costa rica so it was tough to sleep. nice lounge areas in the hostel though!

• Canada, Female, 31-40
26th Jan 2017
8.0

Staff was amazing!! Great location! Excellent breakfast. Would stay again :)

• machylane
  • Canada, Female, 18-24
23rd Jan 2017

Staff was extreme kind and helpful. clean and great vibes with a big common area. 15 minute walk to the city and a short taxi to the airport. Quiet hostel, stayed two times at Gaudy's and enjoyed both my stays.

• India, Male, 25-30
21st Jan 2017
7.4

I reached late in the evening, and was pleasantly surprised by the security at the place. The place is very close to the Pan-American Highway (CR-1) and just 20mins away from airport even by bus. I would definitely recommend if you want a silent place to stay and mind your own business. The staff, especially 2 gentle (may be not) men werent best thing there. They were fairly rude, and I felt I was unwelcome here. I definitely felt they owned the place and i was being watched every min by CCTV.

• Germany, Female, 25-30
21st Jan 2017

Really nice hostel. I was there just for a night but still it seemed welcoming and cool. Well Wirkung wifi, hot showers, free coffee and tea and a big book-exchange. But my bed squeezed awfully with every move..

• USA, Male, 31-40
18th Jan 2017

The place was nice and clean with a really helpful staff. It was a few steps away from "cental" San Jose, but it was not a bad walk to get around. I'd stay here again if I find myself in San Jose for some reason.

• Italy, Female, 25-30
15th Jan 2017

Nice place, best value for money. Simple and clean. Just bathrooms are really old. Location is ok if you are passing by in San Jose cause is well connected to airport and bus stations but it's kind of far from center, museums, and nightlife. Getting Round you'll find just offices and a really expensive super market. Amazing staff really kind and helpfull!!

• Australia, Female, 25-30
14th Jan 2017

We had a nice stay at Guadys. Staff were really friendly and helpful - gave us advice on public transport, ordered us a cab and carried our bags to our room. Our private room was spacious, clean and the bedding was really comfortable. Hot shower with decent water pressure was a bonus. Free breakfast consisted of toast, jam and beans and rice. Would recommend as a nice quiet stop over :)