Geckos Hostel Reviews

Rua Rita Lourenço da Silveira, n325, 88062060, Lagoa da Conceição., Florianopolis, Brazil

A great hostel! Best location, it´s very clean, beds are conformable and staff is so friendly and helpful, especially one of the owners, Rossa, cool guy! Would stay there again, totally recommended.

• 20th Jan 2015
  • Bolivia

great vibe!

• 16th Jan 2015
  • Israel

If you're looking for a party hostel-run away, this place is dead when it comes to atmosphere! It is close to a major bus stop, supermarket, pharmacy ect. Offers trips at the area, has a nice pool, feels VERY clean and new! Problem is, there aren't a lot of showers. At the top floor there are two rooms, one for 6 and one for 8, and only ONE bathroom (that includes a shower and toilet.. )

Hi and thank you for your review. I just would like to remind you that people/guests make the atmosphere. We do not like to oversell our services( fully equipped bar, BBQ, night parties tickets etc..) so, when it happen that there are guests who prefer to chill out on the hammock,reading a book or watch a movie, we like to respect their will and let them do what they want and not what we want. About the bathrooms: we have 5 bathrooms for 32 guests, one every 6 persons, not so bad like you say.

good choice for a hostel in florianopolis. the only negative thing about staying here is figuring out how the public transport system works in florianopolis.

We had a very nice time staying at Geckos. The owners are super nice and helpful, as the rest of the staff. There were barbecues at night and a great friendly atmosphere. Would definitely go back!

Simply the best hostel I ever stayed in! I won't exaggerate if I affirm that Gekos is a hostel with a 5* Star service quality! (believe me, I work in luxury hotel business so I know what I am talking about). Location great! Facilities great! But the most important thing, which REALLY makes the difference is the staff! They were so helpful every time I needed something, they were ready to help. Nice, pleasant, positive people! I will definitely come back one day! Thank you guys! Irina

• 24th Dec 2014
  • Moldova

Guys! This hostel is one of the best options in town. I saw other hostels with probably cooler atmosphere but they are too far from everything. This hostel has the perfect combination of elements and it's extremely well located if you want to get to the beaches, the supermarket, clubbing, and so on. Max the owner is a funny Italian guy, and the stuff is welcoming and helpful.

Really enjoyed our stay at Geckos hostel. Arrived early in the morning and they offered us breakfast which was a fantastic start and let us into our room super early! Staff extremely helpful, kitchen facilities fantastic and bbq was delicious!

What a lovely stay. Staff is very atentious.

Great hostel with fantastic owners who were very helpful with everything.

É a segunda vez que me hospedo nesse hostel e eles sempre me surpreende positivamente. A atmosfera do lugar é incrível, os staffs são muito atenciosos e sabem indicar as melhores festas e restaurante da cidade. Fica perto das melhores praias de Floripa. Os banheiro e quartos são limpos. Oferecem um bom café da manhã e as jantas oferecidas pelo hostel também são ótimas. Recomendo!

Awesome place! Cool atmosphere, very clean and the staff was very helpfull. Very well located, close to the bus station and bus stops. Loved the pool!

• 2nd Dec 2014

Excellent breackfast . The place is really clean and it is close to everything.

• 2nd Dec 2014

Excellent position , close to all facilities, great atmosphere. I really enjoyed! I will definetely come back !

• 28th Nov 2014

Good location, nice staff!! Nice hostel!

Not a bad place, helpful staff and nice chill out areas. Not being able to BYO alcohol is a bit cheeky. The Brazilian 'all you can eat' bbq was a bit of a let down - was certainly not all you could eat and the food came out in small amounts over time, making it hard to get a decent amount of meat on your plate. Good location, easy to get to great beaches and not too far from bus terminal.

Hi there and thank for your nice review! I ´m so sorry for the slow BBQ service on the day you were here, but a big group sign up for the BBQ once it had already started and this is the reason of the delay.Anyway a lot of meet have been served and i ask everybody many times if they wanted more. For what concerning the hostel policy about alchool, i would just remind that our prices are really cheap: 5 r$( less then 2 USD) for a caipirinha and 3r$(1,20 USD) for the cheapest beer!Safe travels! :-)

It´s amazing place.....too close Restaurants,Stores and nearby Lagoa da Coinceição... I recomend one.

I really enjoyed my stay here. Close to the center of Lagoa, and also near bus stops to see the rest of Florianopolis. Very friendly staff and a nice common room with a bar to meet other people.

Loved the hammocks and upper deck. Good location.

Almost perfect... really recommend to stay in Floripa Perfetta location, staff, sicuramente il miglior Ostello della Lagoa

View all Florianopolis Hostels