Geckos Hostel Reviews

Rua Rita Lourenço da Silveira, n325, 88062060, Lagoa da Conceição., Florianopolis, Brazil

We had such a great stay at geckos hostel! The staff were all really lovely and helpful. Facilities are great and the place was really clean. And the breakfast was awesome. Thank you Max and staff:):)

Overall we've had a brilliant stay; staff have been incredible (really helpful and friendly) and the hostel had a great crowd of people in it. There have been a few issues during our stay with no hot water for 2 days and people sleeping in hammocks(essentially turning our 6 bed dorm into an 8 bed) but these things happen. Overall a great placr to stay.

Hallo and thanks for choosing Geckos Hostel. We are really sorry for missing hot water for last Sunday, but unfortunatly the system failed right during the week end when no elettrician company attends. The problem has been solved in the first working day. Safe travel and see you !

Friendly, helpful staff. Nice pool and solid breakfast. Great atmosphere with bar! Organized tours and transport to parties make it even easier to see the island and have fun.

I was supposed to stay for just 5 days but I decided to doubled my stay!! This hostel is in my heart forever! The crew is lovely and amazing, always organizing tours and funny activities. We had so much to talk! Everything that I needed they give me some help. The owner likes to keep a family environment so the place is always clean, no hard parties allowed so during all my stay I could relax a lot and have a lot of peace and also a good time! From my stay here I'll bring friends for all my life

• 7th Jan 2016

Defo one of my top ten hostels! Breakfast is awesome, good and friendly staff, options and booking for tours, pool and hammocks to hang around, close to everything you need (supermarkets, laundry, clubs, stand up padde ;) )

Great breakfast, close to all the cafes, shops. Friendly & helpful staff. Heaps of activities to do. Will definitely come back to Floripa!

Great staff, specialy the Owner Max

• 20th Dec 2015

Great location, helpful staff, nice in-hostel bar, organized tours and parties, and clean facility. What else does a perfect hostel need? Rooms can use more electricity outlets, but this is one of the best hostels I've stayed.

The staff at Geckos were really friendly and helpful with recommendations. The hostel was quite a way from the main beaches but close to the Lagoa town which had lots of cafes and some bars. Breakfast was good too!

An amazing atmosphere and the best staff. The facilities were average but The breakfast was excellent too. I went for 2 nights, ended up staying for 6!

• 12th Dec 2015
  • Scotland

The owner, Max, is amazing. I had just stupidly booked the wrong day. But they allowed me to sleep on a matress for free. Very kind! And the hostel is cool and the breakfast is very fine.

We stayed in the double room where we did have a good stay but the location was a bit far from the beach. One frustrating thing was that the bathroom next to our double room had a tap that would make a loud "honking" noise that we could hear in all hours of the night, not very good for sleeping in.

We really liked the hostel. It was always clean , the breakfast was very good , not only butter and jam, also fruits , cake , ham and chees . The staff was very friendly and helpful. The owner made us free birthday caipis and one time we cooked the charwoman brought us some fresh herbs. We definitely recommend this place!!!

• 3rd Oct 2015