Geckos Hostel Reviews

Rua Rita Lourenço da Silveira, n325, 88062060, Lagoa da Conceição., Florianopolis, Brazil

I did like the hostel very much. The atmosphere was very kindly and the staff friendly. I have met a lot nice people there. The caipirinha is very good. Only one shower for 12 people, was quite often occupied.

Hi and thanks for your review. I would like to remind only that in the whole hostel we have 5 bathrooms for 32 people. One each 7 guests. Hope to see you again here soon!

Hammocks on the balcony are a nice way to see out the rain. Breakfast was pretty standard (bread,ham,cheese,fruit). Hostel was clean and facilities good. Nice location.

The stuff is really good, people were really friendly and the hostel is near the terminal, really happy with it had a great time! They sell drinks but the prices are really cheap, the hostel have a lot of activities and the stuff is open to help you on anything you need.

• 10th Feb 2015
  • Chile

Geckos is very close to Mole beach.Beds are good though 4 female room is tiny and difficult to get on to top bed. Kitchen is good, place is being cleaned from sand all day. Good tours and available activities. Had a nice stay, recommended.

Loved it. Especially the breakfast was awesome! Loved the toast! And maybe the next one who brings a big Danish flag for their collection will get a discount - I didn't have one ;)

One of my favourites. A really comfortable hostel with great people and an awesome vibe. Definitely recomendable

• 29th Jan 2015

Geckos was amazing! Great atmosphere, good location and helpful staff. I had an awesome time there and met great people. I recommend it and would stay there again.

• 26th Jan 2015

I am still here because it was so good I decided to stay longer. An awesome hostel. Had bbq's together, there's a pool to chill, it's big enough to have fun but small enough to make it a social and chilled environment. Has airconditioner and it's like a cool old house so it has an awesome feel to it. Recommend 100%

Awesome hostel! We had a great time here as it seems to attract the chilled type of traveller which creates a great vibe. Really cheap with great caipirinhas! Dorms were quite stuffy as no air con but we slept in the hammocks on the balcony instead! Beds aren't that comfy but atmosphere makes up for it. In the centre of the island so not too hard to get any where! Swimming pool was really great. Wifi was pretty quick at times but wouldn't even let us join when too many were using it

A great hostel! Best location, it´s very clean, beds are conformable and staff is so friendly and helpful, especially one of the owners, Rossa, cool guy! Would stay there again, totally recommended.

• 20th Jan 2015
  • Bolivia

great vibe!

• 16th Jan 2015
  • Israel

If you're looking for a party hostel-run away, this place is dead when it comes to atmosphere! It is close to a major bus stop, supermarket, pharmacy ect. Offers trips at the area, has a nice pool, feels VERY clean and new! Problem is, there aren't a lot of showers. At the top floor there are two rooms, one for 6 and one for 8, and only ONE bathroom (that includes a shower and toilet.. )

Hi and thank you for your review. I just would like to remind you that people/guests make the atmosphere. We do not like to oversell our services( fully equipped bar, BBQ, night parties tickets etc..) so, when it happen that there are guests who prefer to chill out on the hammock,reading a book or watch a movie, we like to respect their will and let them do what they want and not what we want. About the bathrooms: we have 5 bathrooms for 32 guests, one every 6 persons, not so bad like you say.

This hostel has an awesome location in lagoa, near to the main beaches in Florianopolis. The staff is great, the environment inside is a plus, because you feel like in home. it is the only hostel in brazil where the internet is fast.

good choice for a hostel in florianopolis. the only negative thing about staying here is figuring out how the public transport system works in florianopolis.

We had a very nice time staying at Geckos. The owners are super nice and helpful, as the rest of the staff. There were barbecues at night and a great friendly atmosphere. Would definitely go back!

Great hostel, right beside the lake and lots of bars. The owners are so lovely and very helpful. I was there for Christmas and there was a wonderful meal prepared for all the guests. On Christmas day a bus was organised for all the guests to visit some beaches in the south of the island. I had a great time and would definitely stay there again.

Simply the best hostel I ever stayed in! I won't exaggerate if I affirm that Gekos is a hostel with a 5* Star service quality! (believe me, I work in luxury hotel business so I know what I am talking about). Location great! Facilities great! But the most important thing, which REALLY makes the difference is the staff! They were so helpful every time I needed something, they were ready to help. Nice, pleasant, positive people! I will definitely come back one day! Thank you guys! Irina

• 24th Dec 2014
  • Moldova

Guys! This hostel is one of the best options in town. I saw other hostels with probably cooler atmosphere but they are too far from everything. This hostel has the perfect combination of elements and it's extremely well located if you want to get to the beaches, the supermarket, clubbing, and so on. Max the owner is a funny Italian guy, and the stuff is welcoming and helpful.

great time great peaople form all the wordl

• 19th Dec 2014

Really enjoyed our stay at Geckos hostel. Arrived early in the morning and they offered us breakfast which was a fantastic start and let us into our room super early! Staff extremely helpful, kitchen facilities fantastic and bbq was delicious!

« first « Prev 1 2 3