Geckos Hostel

9.3
Superb 359 Total Reviews

• Ireland, Male, 25-30
24th Jan 2017

I just left and I miss this place, i want to go back... great hostel in perfect location, met so many nice people and everyone hung out and went out together, and the staff are the best, amazing :)

23rd Jan 2017

I had a great time during my stay at this hostel, the best in Floripa! The staff and the guest's atmosphere are awesome, I couldn't wish more. It was very hard to leave actually and I miss all the friends that I've made there. Also the BBQ and the pool was amazing! Congrats guys for making my stay special ;) only the pans in the kitchen are a bit old and rotten

19th Jan 2017

Great location. Good breakfast and a spacious, well provisioned kitchen to cook in. They seem to understaff in the evening with the bartender having to deal with everything else going on. Overall lots of nice chill areas (many hammocks) + pool!

Hallo and thanks for booking with us. It was a pleasure to host you here. We are very happy that you liked our hostel and you had a nice experience here with us. About the pre payment: the procedure of asking the 3 digit code is informed on the hostelworld booking page and it is authorized by hostelworld. When a guest books, he agree with this. It is absolutly safe, as hostelworld it self created this procedure to allow hostels to charge the guest in case of no show. We are a famouse and respected hostel in Florianopolis and we have a great online reputation. So all the payments are 100% guaranteed. You have chosen the paypal option to compleate the prepayment. Probably by accident ,you did in the wrong way. You order a payment for January the 25th that will be processed only on February the 2nd, when your check in was on January the 19th and check out on January the 21st. We explained you this at check in. In order to be flexible and help you guys, we allowed you to check in and check out even if your bill is still open(we do not receive the paypal payment yet, right because you put the wrong date). So what you misunderstood for confusion, it was just a way to be smart and to help you even if the accomodation payment had not been sucessfull. We undestood that you were not familiar with paypal and we thought it was better to wait for the payment instead of ask you to cancel the wrong payment and do it again with the right date. We thank you once again to have chosen Geckos Hostel and we wish you a safe travel in Brazil!Att, Geckos Staff

18th Jan 2017

This is hands down the best hostel I have ever stayed at. The hostel area is great for hanging out and socialising. It is also very clean. The breakfast is excellent. There is a pool and a tv with all the good channels. A bar with nice options at good prices. The location is ideal. Close to everything you need. The staff, Rafa, Lu and the rest are super cool. Max is also a really cool guy. I will definitely stay there again.

10th Jan 2017

The place Is amazin! They have a nice common área and a nice kitchen. The bar and the personal Is very good! They have a cool swiming pool and stay near markets, restaurants and the bus station. Would go back there :)

• mikeywhyte123
  • England, Male, 25-30
12th Dec 2016

This was my first ever experience of travelling so I didnt know what to expect. Geckos hostel is amazing!! The space, the vibe, the staff are incredibly helpful. When you arrive they provide you with all the information you need about the area, they really know how their customers think. 10 out of 10! Highly reccomended. Oh and all the excursions are very good as well 👌🏾

• Brazil, Male, 18-24
23rd Nov 2016

The hostel atmosphere was really cool, everyone was friendly and it was very good located. I would stay there again for sure

• kiwicaz
  • New Zealand, Female, 25-30
22nd Nov 2016

Super fun atmosphere and staff!! Good location. Plenty of showers but they weren't too clean.

16th Nov 2016

Best hostel in floripa, location and staff are amazing.

3rd Nov 2016

Brilliant hostel, does everything perfectly. My room was great with it's own patio overlooking the garden. The common area including the pool and garden is massive and is perfect to recline in after a long day. My favourite part of my stay was the staff, who went above and beyond to provide the best help, advice and atmosphere. Really enjoyed this hostel and meeting everyone there, found it really difficult to leave. Shout out to everyone there, i'll be back one day soon ! Partha