Geckos Hostel

Superb 374 Total Reviews
Superb 374 Total Reviews

21st Mar 2017

Geckos hostel is one of the best hostel i've been to in South America, the Staff is friendly, the hostel is awesome and with great facilities, and the location is perfect at the same time to party and to join easily the best beaches of the island in my opinion Joaquin and Mole. A special thanks to Max the owner which is a great traveller and passionated about receiving people from all around the world. I'll definitely come back the there next year!

• England, Couple, 25-30
19th Mar 2017

Great place! Good location on quiet street near the central town Has a pool and lots of hammocks. We had a private room which was nice Decent showers Lovely staff All good!

• aciriaco
  • Brazil, Female, 25-30
7th Mar 2017
8.0

Pros: very good location. Great staff. Fair taxes. Cons: Cleanish. It is a party hostel, somtimes it can be very noisy even in the dorms. Breakfast no included. Anyway is a good hostel! I'd come back for sure.

• Singapore, Male, 31-40
24th Feb 2017
5.7

I think the staff is pretty unhelpful. I checkout but request to leave a cabin size luggage at their premises while I go to the beach because my flight is at night but the staff was very unwilling to let me leave my bag there. I want to leave the luggage bag there because it is pretty inconvenient to bring it around to the beach. Never have such problem from other hostels before.

Hey !thanks for booking with us. It is been a pleasure to host you here. But what are you saying about your lagguage??!!we always allow people to leave their luaggages in the hostel, and actually we also provide a spare locker in commom area where people can leave their values/lagguage after the check out. Everybody do this. Or they leave the lagguage in a safe area close to the reception where we can look after. But you cannot think to occupy the locker in the room once you checked out, for the simply reason that that locker has to be used by the next guests who has a booking. This should be really easy and obviouse to understand. And we told you right this: you have to leave your bed and locker free wihtin the check out time because we need to clean and organize them for the next guests who check in and who want to find everything ready at their check in time. And we told you that you could leave your stuff with us at the reception or in the spare locker outside the room. I m so sorry that you do not undesrtand this easy and smart procedure, that guarantee to everybody comfort and safety. Safe travel !

• Portugal, Male, 18-24
22nd Feb 2017

good location and great staff

17th Feb 2017
7.4

The people staying at the hostel and the staff were super chill, but after staying here, I wished that I was a little closer to the beaches.

9th Feb 2017

Nice hostel in Lagoa, good staff and easy to meet travelers.

• Ireland, Male, 25-30
24th Jan 2017

I just left and I miss this place, i want to go back... great hostel in perfect location, met so many nice people and everyone hung out and went out together, and the staff are the best, amazing :)

23rd Jan 2017

I had a great time during my stay at this hostel, the best in Floripa! The staff and the guest's atmosphere are awesome, I couldn't wish more. It was very hard to leave actually and I miss all the friends that I've made there. Also the BBQ and the pool was amazing! Congrats guys for making my stay special ;) only the pans in the kitchen are a bit old and rotten

19th Jan 2017

Great location. Good breakfast and a spacious, well provisioned kitchen to cook in. They seem to understaff in the evening with the bartender having to deal with everything else going on. Overall lots of nice chill areas (many hammocks) + pool!

Hallo and thanks for booking with us. It was a pleasure to host you here. We are very happy that you liked our hostel and you had a nice experience here with us. About the pre payment: the procedure of asking the 3 digit code is informed on the hostelworld booking page and it is authorized by hostelworld. When a guest books, he agree with this. It is absolutly safe, as hostelworld it self created this procedure to allow hostels to charge the guest in case of no show. We are a famouse and respected hostel in Florianopolis and we have a great online reputation. So all the payments are 100% guaranteed. You have chosen the paypal option to compleate the prepayment. Probably by accident ,you did in the wrong way. You order a payment for January the 25th that will be processed only on February the 2nd, when your check in was on January the 19th and check out on January the 21st. We explained you this at check in. In order to be flexible and help you guys, we allowed you to check in and check out even if your bill is still open(we do not receive the paypal payment yet, right because you put the wrong date). So what you misunderstood for confusion, it was just a way to be smart and to help you even if the accomodation payment had not been sucessfull. We undestood that you were not familiar with paypal and we thought it was better to wait for the payment instead of ask you to cancel the wrong payment and do it again with the right date. We thank you once again to have chosen Geckos Hostel and we wish you a safe travel in Brazil!Att, Geckos Staff