Geckos Hostel

• Australia, Couple, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
17th May 2017
7.1

Pretty nice place. The owner is friendly and has heaps of recommendations of stuff to do. Really quiet vibe, but I think it's just the time of year (plus it was bad weather so everyone was a bit depressed!). Breakfast isn't included, but is 7RS if you choose to get it. Bathrooms could have been cleaner but overall I'd stay again.

• Scotland, Female, 18-24
29th Apr 2017

Really lovely hostel and really clean, with great facilities and a well equipped kitchen. Staff were really helpful and it was a lovely place to be to chill out and go to the beach. It was quite quiet when we were there, with a slightly older crowd so no one was really keen to have drinks or anything but unsure if this was just the time we were there or if this is its reputation!

• Brazil, Male, 25-30
21st Apr 2017

It is very well located place, close to nearby markets, nightlife spots and discos and to some of the beautiful aereas, hiking paths and beaches around Lagoa da Conceição. The staff was quite simpathetic. The receptionist even offered an avaiable double room for the same price of shared room alredy reserved beforehand. The faclities are not that new, but everything worked perfectly and the rooms were clean. Nice environment, chilling music always.

21st Mar 2017

Geckos hostel is one of the best hostel i've been to in South America, the Staff is friendly, the hostel is awesome and with great facilities, and the location is perfect at the same time to party and to join easily the best beaches of the island in my opinion Joaquin and Mole. A special thanks to Max the owner which is a great traveller and passionated about receiving people from all around the world. I'll definitely come back the there next year!

• England, Couple, 25-30
19th Mar 2017

Great place! Good location on quiet street near the central town Has a pool and lots of hammocks. We had a private room which was nice Decent showers Lovely staff All good!

• aciriaco
  • Brazil, Female, 25-30
7th Mar 2017
8.0

Pros: very good location. Great staff. Fair taxes. Cons: Cleanish. It is a party hostel, somtimes it can be very noisy even in the dorms. Breakfast no included. Anyway is a good hostel! I'd come back for sure.

• Singapore, Male, 31-40
24th Feb 2017
5.7

I think the staff is pretty unhelpful. I checkout but request to leave a cabin size luggage at their premises while I go to the beach because my flight is at night but the staff was very unwilling to let me leave my bag there. I want to leave the luggage bag there because it is pretty inconvenient to bring it around to the beach. Never have such problem from other hostels before.

Hey !thanks for booking with us. It is been a pleasure to host you here. But what are you saying about your lagguage??!!we always allow people to leave their luaggages in the hostel, and actually we also provide a spare locker in commom area where people can leave their values/lagguage after the check out. Everybody do this. Or they leave the lagguage in a safe area close to the reception where we can look after. But you cannot think to occupy the locker in the room once you checked out, for the simply reason that that locker has to be used by the next guests who has a booking. This should be really easy and obviouse to understand. And we told you right this: you have to leave your bed and locker free wihtin the check out time because we need to clean and organize them for the next guests who check in and who want to find everything ready at their check in time. And we told you that you could leave your stuff with us at the reception or in the spare locker outside the room. I m so sorry that you do not undesrtand this easy and smart procedure, that guarantee to everybody comfort and safety. Safe travel !

• Portugal, Male, 18-24
22nd Feb 2017

good location and great staff

17th Feb 2017
7.4

The people staying at the hostel and the staff were super chill, but after staying here, I wished that I was a little closer to the beaches.

9th Feb 2017

Nice hostel in Lagoa, good staff and easy to meet travelers.