Gemas House - Hostel Reviews

16 de Septiembre # 99 Col. Centro, Queretaro, Mexico

Beautiful home, kind host, no breakfast.

The place is beautiful, and in a perfect position, central but in a quiet neighborhood at the same time. The staff is very kind (they made me pay less than what i expected!), the only bad thing is they don't speak english. I think there are no more than 3 rooms, so interaction is difficult.

Beautiful!

There is no better place to stay in Queretaro. We loved it!!

• 2nd Mar 2013

very good family run hostel near the city center with garden; very nice staff - a real good place to stay

Excellent

• 26th Jul 2012

Beautiful place, almost worth staying there just to see the house.

Exelente lugar, muy cerca del centro, muy amable la señora Gema, exelente lugar y hermosa ciudad Queretaro

Very nice hostel, the owner was very nice and helped us out with everything. The house is very beautiful with an amazing garden. It was all very clean and we were sad that we couldn't stay longer!! We didn't meet any other people though...

A wonderful house and location, but I didn't see much of the other guests.

I had a wonderful time and wish I could have stayed more. The courtyard was beautiful and the room was spotless

The house has amazing garden

A really lovely retreat, we were sad to only stay one night as this is a great, peaceful place to unwind! The lady owner is lovely and speaks a little english (good for us!) and the hostel is very close to the centre of town so you can walk in and take in the nightlife of Queretaro. Would definitely stay again! Also, make sure that you know where the hostel is, as our taxi driver didnt know that 16 Septembre ran both sides of the church and drove around a good while before we found the place!

A pleasant guesthouse. Very clean and quite central with a lovely garden to sit and relax in.

Gema's House is absolutely beautiful - there can't be many in the world with such a stunning garden. A couple of notes - C. 16 de Septiember is in two parts (Poniente - i.e. west & Oriente i.e East). Both have separate numbering systems. Gema's House is on oriente. (Without this, my taxi driver got confused).

really nice place, only thing is it doesn't do breakfast anymore, but the lovely lady made us coffee in the mornings. really relaxing and peaceful, but also very close to the main bit of town. from the outside it's not obvious it''s the right place, but just ring the doorbell. it's calle 16 septiembre east, not west.

I would like to complain about this rate your site charges, because the clients finish paying twicE!!! I had to pay the rate for the reservation online, and than when I arrived at the hostel, the owner, who is trustfull, told me she doens´t receive this money from the reservation, which she should, so I had to pay her the full amount!! It isn´t fair, hu? The other sites of hostels aren´t like this!!!

great place, friendly staff, nice courtyard. two blocks to many of their historic plazas and churches. when i come back, I'll definitely stay there

Great place. It would be ideal if internet access was available.

I was a pleasure to stay here - any time again!!

View all Queretaro Bed and Breakfasts