Generator Amsterdam

8.5
Fabulous 976 Total Reviews

• India, Female, 41+
22nd May 2017

I and my family loved our stay in Hostel Generator. We loved Amsterdam and I think choosing to stay in Generator made it even more memorable. We loved our cosy private room with the bunker beds and the clean white linen. The staff at the reception were so very courteous. The location of the hostel made it easy for us to go to any part of the city by tram. We also spent time in the beautiful Ooster park adjacent to the hostel. We loved eating at the cafe in the premises. Thank you Generator.

• USA, Male, 18-24
20th May 2017

Very great place to stay at. Kind of far from the center but there is a tram about a 5 minute walk away that will bring you there pretty fast. Room was clean and nice with a great staff that was always there to help 24/7. Good experience, well worth the money.

• Canada, Female, 31-40
18th May 2017

I had a great time here. It was a fairly close walk to the major attractions which was nice. The staff were friendly to me, but I did however hear a couple of them mocking another guests question that they asked. That kind of made me look at them differently. Other than that though it was a nice stay. Definitely a place for those who like to party.

Hello Jessica!!! Thank you for leaving a review about your stay. We are happy to see that you have enjoyed your stay here. I hope that you also had a great time in Amsterdam. Have a great day, Evald!!

• schemmel117
  • USA, Male, 18-24
18th May 2017

I got super lucky with a room upgrade 😁

Hello Cole!!! Thank you for the perfect score, we are happy to see that you enjoyed your time here. I hope that you also had fin tome in Amsterdam. Enjoy your day, Evald!!

• Romania, Female, 31-40
17th May 2017

Quiet/ Clean/ Central/ Social. Worth it.

Hello Ana!!! Thank you Ana for your review. We are happy to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us. I hope that you also had a great time in Amsterdam, and that you made some nice memories here. Have a great day, Evald!!

• Italy, Male, 31-40
15th May 2017

Nice place to stay

Hello Pedro!! Thank you for leaving a review about your stay. I hope that you have enjoyed your time here, and that you had fun in Amsterdam. Have a great day, Evald!!

• USA, Female, 18-24
13th May 2017
7.1

Hostel was nice a lot to do there, biggest issue was the shower wouldn't drain properly. We contacted someone but it wasn't fixed by the time we left

Hello Dara!! Thank you for leaving a review about your stay. I am sorry to hear about the shower. I will pass your feedback to my colleagues, so that it doesn't repeat again. I hope that everything else went fine, and that you have enjoyed Amsterdam. Have a great day, Evald!!

• coreyedgar
  • Australia, Male, 18-24
12th May 2017

Look, it is a little pricey but honestly it's such a great atmosphere, the facilities are amazing and it's only like 10 minutes by tram to the city center. And a 10 minute walk to the closest train station. I used uber at night which was 9-14 euro from where all the bars/red light district etc. :) but there are also night busses every 15 minutes or so. It's very modern and very clean and super safe! I had the best time. X

Hello Corey!!! Thank you for leaving a review about us. We are happy to see that you have enjoyed your stay. I hope that you had fun in Amsterdam, and that you made some cool memories here. Enjoy your day, Evald!!

• England, Male, 41+
12th May 2017

total happyness staffed by beautiful people going again

Hello John!!! Thank you for the perfect score!! We are very glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay here. I hope that you have enjoyed Amsterdam, and had fun here. Have a great day, Evald!!

• Canada, Male, 25-30
12th May 2017

Generator Amsterdam is a clean hostel, with sturdy bunk beds and excellent showers. It feels more like a hotel than a cozy hostel. By public transit, it's 20 min from Centraal Station (downtown). It's located in the middle of a large park, which is quite nice. I only stayed here for 1 night, but overall I think it's a good place to stay, if you like the price.

Hello Edward!!! Thank you for leaving a review about your stay. We are happy to hear that you have enjoyed our hostel. I hope that you short stay went well, and that you had time to explore Amsterdam a bit. Have a great day, Evald!!