Generator Amsterdam

Fabulous 867 Total Reviews
Fabulous 867 Total Reviews

24th Mar 2017

Really neat place to stay! It used to be a university, so there's lots of fun little spots around the hostel to hangout or hideout and get some quiet time (private library, etc.). There's also parties during the weekends in the huge "lecture hall", but S omeone said you have to pay? You're already paying a lot to stay there. Decent menu if you need to buy a snack. Make sure when you rent bikes for a day, you know that it's only for the rest of that day, not 24 hours :/ They didn't tell me.

• USA, All Female Group, 18-24
23rd Mar 2017

Amsterdam hostel prices are expensive, but I would 100% stay here again. While the front desk was often just one person and thus waiting for a while to be seen, my group and I were able to check in early and drop our things off before exploring the city for the day. The hostel is close to both the tram and metro, and has a bike rental service, making transportation extremely accessible. Beds and linens SUPER comfy. No noise at night. Helpful individual lights, pouches, and plugs for each bed.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
18th Mar 2017

Best hostel I have ever stayed at

Hello Michaela!!! Thank you for leaving a review about your stay. We are happy to hear that you have liked it here. I hope that you enjoyed Amsterdam, and made some nice memories here. Have a great day, Evald!!

• India, Male, 41+
18th Mar 2017
2.0

It is Very Very Expensive.... As Per Price Zero Facilities..... Room Size & Bathroom Very Very Xtra Small.... Better To Stay in Hotel..... Location is Very Far From Central ..... Nothing to say any good side.... Never go again this property....

Hello Arun!! Sorry to hear that not everything was to your liking. I see that you have stayed during the weekend, prices vary in Amsterdam depending on the day of the week and season. Weekend prices are usually higher then during the week. Center is only 15 minutes away by public transport, and 10 minutes away on bike. I hope that the rest of your trip went well. Enjoy your day, Evald!!

16th Mar 2017

This place was amazing all around! Location was prime and super clean. Don't have a single complaint!

Hey Alexandra!!! Thank you for leaving a review about your stay,and for the perfect score. We are happy to hear that you have liked it here. I hope that you enjoyed Amsterdam as well. Have a great day, Evald!!

16th Mar 2017

This hostel has so much character and has such a great atmosphere! I stayed in a 4 person mixed dorm and it was very comfortable! Very small but it was clean and nice. Only downside was that they had no hand towels for hand washing and keep in mind that they charge €5 to rent a towel! So definitely bring your own! The lockers were very spacious and can easily hold a carry on suitcase and they sell good quality padlocks at the front desk. The food was also good and not too expensive.

Hello Paige!!! Thank you for leaving a review about your stay. We are happy to hear that you have liked our hostel. I hope that you enjoyed your trip, and made some nice memories in Amsterdam. Have a great day, Evald!!

• England, Couple, 18-24
13th Mar 2017

Generator was a really nice clean place, more like a hotel than a hostel really. Late checkout and lockers for stuff was a real godsend.

Hello Isobel!!! Thank you for leaving a review about your stay. We are happy to hear that you have liked our hostel. I hope that you have enjoyed Amsterdam as well. Have a great day, Evald!!

• Canada, Couple, 18-24
13th Mar 2017

Amazing hostel! You can tell a lot of thought went into the design! Stayed in a 4 bed dorm with my girlfriend and the room was perfect! Decent privacy and a bathroom and shower in the room! Overall a really good experience! Might be the best hostel I'll ever stay in!

Hello Kyler!!!! Wow, thank you for your kind words. We are happy to hear that you have liked it here. I hope that you have also enjoyed Amsterdam, and that you made some nice memories here. Have a great day, Evald!!

• Brazil, Male, 31-40
9th Mar 2017
6.9

When I arrived the staff at the reception was ok no friendly as in other hostels and this place is pricy comparing to other good hostels, the only thing that caught my attention was this Portugues lady in the kitchen which was extremely friendly and really fun to be around, I think her name is Ana belle or something. Overall the facility is great, the staff don't make any effort or engage in any conversation apart Ana belle and the place is bit pricy but it pays off matching the quality rooms

Hello Alexsandro!!! Thank you for the review and the feedback. I hope that you have enjoyed Amsterdam, and made some nice memories here. Have a great day, Evald!!

9th Mar 2017

Good Hostel. It lives up to the Generator name. Rooms were clean as usual. The have a luggage area where you can rent lockers. The location is slight walk to go anywhere but other than that it is located next to a beautiful park. Bike rental from them was €17.50 so I would recommend renting in town for half that.

Hello Gabriel!!! Thank you for leaving a review about your stay. I hope that you have enjoyed Amsterdam, and that you have made some nice memories. Have a great day, Evald!!!