Generator Amsterdam

Fabulous 1406 Total Reviews
Fabulous 1406 Total Reviews

• Australia, Male, 18-24
16th Sep 2017

Staff were amazing and would help in any way they possibly could!

• Vietnam, Female, 25-30
15th Sep 2017

Although it is more expensive compared with other hostels, but trust me, when you walk in, you wont be disappointed. It looks like a hotel than hostel and very clean. The best hostel I have ever stayed.

15th Sep 2017

Had a great stay in a shared dorm. Staff were allll fantastic, helpful and welcoming. The little bar/restaurant in the lobby was my go to for three days and it was great every time. The one and only complaint i have is that my room was not cleaned for days. Walking on the floor barefoot felt really gross, there was some light molding in the showers that would come off easily when cleaned...just really basic cleaning was not done at all in the three nights and four days i was there.

• Canada, Female, 25-30
13th Sep 2017
6.9

Overall I thought this place was pretty nice but a bit overrated - I got the impression they were advertising as a hostel, but running as a hotel where you had to share your room with other people. Maybe I was just disgruntled that they didn't offer a breakfast or provide any space for guests to do their own cooking. Other than that, good location and nice staff!

• Australia, Female, 18-24
10th Sep 2017

This hostel has it's pros and cons. It definitely has great facilities, bike hire, cafe, cleanliness, that whole jazz but the rooms were also kind of small and awkward when trying to access the lockers in your room but still, they were good. The location was a little bit of a pain, it's kind of out in the middle of nowhere. Don't get me wrong, it opens onto the edge of a beautiful park and the trams are not far away but walking there is not fun at all.

• phoebeangelatos7233
  • Australia, Couple, 18-24
9th Sep 2017

The hostels interior fit out is amazing. Super stylish and creative. The beds are comfy and the lockers are a great size to fit all your stuff. The cafe has the best cheese burger I've ever had. Breakfast from the downstairs canteen was also good and only €7.50. Such a cool spot in the middle of the park. If you want to meet lots of young people this may not be the best place as it's a bit more expensive than your average hostel so it's not fully a back packer vibe. I loved it regardless xx

HI! Thanks so much for leaving us such a lovely review. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in town :-)

6th Sep 2017

It's the generator man! I stayed for 5 nights just enjoying Amsterdam. Rented a bike In the hostel for 15 € a day. Lattes at the bar are great btw.

Thank you for leaving us a review. We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your time with us. Getting around Amsterdam by bike is the way to go! ;-) We look forward to seeing you next time you are in town.

• USA, Male, 25-30
6th Sep 2017
8.0

It was the largest hostel I have every stayed in it was like a hotel. It was really cool with nice amenaties however it was about a 15 min tram ride or a 30 min walk to the city center. Right behind the hostel is a nice park. If you looking to be outside of the city center this is the place to be. It feels like it is newly renovated and the bunk beds are really nice. My only issue about the room is that the cleaning lady never swept the floor or cleaned the bathroom.

Thanks so much for leaving a review of your stay. We are glad to hear you enjoyed it here! Sorry that your room was not cleaned properly. I will address this with housekeeping. On your next visit just come down to reception so we can make sure everything is perfect :-) We hope to see you next time you are in Amsterdam!

• possumperner
  • Australia, Male, 25-30
5th Sep 2017
6.0

Bit out of town. Shared rooms were abit annoying no other English speaking in my room. Felt like a relatively unhappy vibe. But I guess most the guest do drugs Was ok for a couple of nights. No more than 4 could I stay

• England, Female, 25-30
5th Sep 2017
7.4

It's a really nice hostel and great staff but for this price, which is a lot for a hostel, I expect something extra special. The architecture is really nice and the bedding is very good quality but our shower/toilet and room was not cleaned daily. I had to ask for the shower to be unblocked and one day we ran out of loo roll. The oosterbar is rubbish and you have to pay €5 to get in. The menu in the cafe is severely lacking in vegan options and it's quite expensive.

×