Generator Berlin Mitte Reviews

Oranienburger Strasse 65, Berlin, Germany

Small room but had a super stay anyway! Friendly staff, clean hostel, perfect location, nice people!

• 4th Sep 2014
  • Sweden

Perfect for young people. We had fun and a nice time

It is a big hostel, very well located. Totally renovated, very very clean. I was in a 8 bed bedroom mic, the beds are really good, with a light and outlet each one; bathroom ensuite, one complete and one more shower and sink (separeted). Lot of people all the time. Very well insulated walls and doors. The laundry is not worth it, expensive and it take like 3 hours to wash and dry your clothes, and is always busy. I 'll recommend this place.

• 3rd Sep 2014
  • Argentina

Hi, thanks for your nice review and recommendation. The laundry is currently being looked at and we do hope to offer better facilities soon. Safe travels and see you in Berlin again soon. Rosa, General Manager

This was more than a hotel than a hostel. Best hostels bed I have ever as a huge traveler experiance. It was very clean and the location is a dream come true. They have everything you need - I would deffeynly ho back there.

Wouldn't stay at this hostel again as rooms were very tiny and music at night echoed through the whole hostel and I couldn't sleep. However staff were excellent.

Hi, thank you for taking the time to review our hostel. It is our goal that our guest can enjoy a good nights sleep and I apologize that we did not provide this in your case. If you would like to speak about this further, feel free to email me on rosa.hoehn@generatorhostels.com Rosa Hoehn, General Manager

Loved staying here! Beautiful building, very clean, great facilities. Definitely recommend.

Very good location, tram/metro in the same road, but you can walk it's about 15 minutes to town . Great security, big rooms, lockers that pull out under the beds big enough for a small case. Great bar and music, cafe style food. The staff were excellent, so helpful, breakfast was good but you had to pay. I would definitely recommend this hostel, its also for families and there are separate toilets/showers for disabled people.

Hey there, thanks for taking the time to write. We're glad you enjoyed your stay and Berlin. Safe travels and #Genlove.

The laundry facility consists of only two laundry machines and two dryers. So it takes FOREVER to get the laundry card! The dryers are not vented to the outside so the hot air just circulates inside. They make you clean your clothes in this little laundry bag they give you which does not help in wringing out the water from your clothes so they are dripping wet when you take them out of the washer. So it takes forever for things to dry. Also, it costs 6 euro to rent a towel!

Nicest people working there

Sirens went off at 3:30am so the entire hostel (yes, all 5 storeys) were evacuated. I didn't mind - got to meet awesome people outside! Whenever someone showered, the bathroom floor was FLOODED (imagine showering with water above your ankle.. ew). Took them a while to fix the issue but it was slightly better the next day. Outside was noisy during the night but I sleep like a log so all good. Rooms were cheap but wait, you must pay for EVERYTHING ELSE. 5.50 € for breakfast, 12 € for bike rentals.

Couldn't recommend this hostel more. The best facilities of any hostel I've stayed in, staff were so helpful, great for meeting people, good location, and I loved the style of the interior - especially the courtyard.

This hostel has an attached restaurant and bar, and no kitchen, and enforces a no-outside-food-or-beverage rule so the costs of staying here are quite high. The rooms look quite nice, and the beds with built in chargers are awesome, but my room had an ensuite that would stink like a swamp (and stink up our entire room within seconds of opening the door) no matter how much the staff cleaned it. If you're not traveling on a budget, this could be a nice hostel, otherwise there are better options.

Absolutely amazing hostel! Very clean facilities, staff very helpful and friendly, able to leave luggage in a secure luggage room. Have a bar and a cafe in the premises which is awesome! And they are right opposite where the pub crawl starts! Would Definately stay here again!

Excellent location for connectivity, centrality and night life (probably couldn't get any better). Very helpful and fun staff. The six-bed dorms are a bit cosy (that is, not much personal space) but there's a nice communal chill area, and anyway if you're spending your time in the dorm room then you're missing out on amazing Berlin!

Very good and clean hostel in a nice area. If I come back to berlin again I will definitely book this hostel again!

• 21st Aug 2014

Really cool hostel with lots of facilities! Just remember to bring a lock for the lockers as they are not provided

Hostel has been recently refurbished, as the beds and all the furniture look very, very nice. This hostel had such nice beds that I miss it when I go to sleep in my own bed. There are individual lights and power outlets for each guest. Although the room was a bit too small (I don't think all the rooms are like that), the rest more than makes up for it. Breakfast is nice, but I didn't like the policy of paying 4 euros on check-in and 5 euros if you book later. Also, security could be improved.

Expensive, but it's a clean hostel with most facitlities. It could use a kitchen (own food is not allowed). It's fun to stay and a really friendly staff.

Outlets and a small ledge are at each bed, which is a huge plus in my book. It's nice to have an area to set my glasses and my phone while charging it over night.

• 18th Aug 2014
  • Kevins89notch

This was more of a hotel atmosphere than a hostel, but it was still very enjoyable! There was a small courtyard with a ping pong table, which was located right outside of the bar, which served excellent drinks and had very friendly (local) bartenders. The burgers are excellent and affordable! Location was great - walking distance within many major museums and sights. The rooms were very clean - easy to meet people in the bar and common area. Also had a large, comfortable library area.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7