Generator Berlin Mitte Reviews

Oranienburger Strasse 65, Berlin, Germany

Good too meet other travellers. The rooms are great. The bar is a good place to drinks some local pints while you find some fellow travellers to go out with, which you can do ind the local neighbourhood, or you can take the metro right outside the hostel.

• 25th Oct 2014
  • Denmark

I could not recommend it higher! On my next trip I'm definitely staying in Generator! Everything at this place was amazing!

Thank you so much for your great review and see you again soon :)

Pretty good hostel - good location and modern, clean and new. Not a fan of the automatic timer lights in the bathroom - had to step out of the shower a bunch of times to turn them back on which resulted in water going everywhere. Need bathmats of some sort. Overall v good though.

Hi, thanks for taking the time to review. If you could let us know the room number by email, we will take care of the light in the bathroom. Thank you so much!

Best hostel I've ever been, by far!

• 15th Oct 2014
  • Portugal

Easily by-passable security, average location, and ludicrousness of needing a special access card to do laundry. Besides these points, a the Berlin Generator is a good hostel.

Initially we were in an 8 bed dorm, there was no atmosphere here. We stayed for one night and then upgraded to a private room. This was very clean and well presented (as in the ad). The problem is the lights, they are motion sensitive in the toilet and shower rooms meaning at night they turn on when you don't want them to and in the morning you are plunged into a dark shower having to resort to the motion sensor dance. Also beware the rule of no outside food to be brought onto the premises.

Awesome hostel. I would recommend that you defiantly stay here. It is close to the S Bahn which goes everywhere and most things are in walking distance. The facilities are new and fantastic lockers in every room and if you forget anything or run out they have it for sale in the lobby. The layout of the dorms give a sense of privacy and wifi works great😀

• 11th Oct 2014

Hey there! Thank you for your kind review. Have you also checked out the cool Berlin souvenirs in our GenStore? Safe travels! The Generator Berlin Mitte Team

Love the style if these generator hostels and the friendliness of the staff. Big windows without curtains so make sure to bring nightmask.

• 10th Oct 2014

Hey, thank you for reviewing your stay with us. All our rooms have blackout curtains or pull down shades. If you experience technical issues during your stay, our front office team is happy to fix them. Safe travels.

This was an amazing place for a hostel. Staff were so nice, facilities were great.

The staff was most friendly upon arrival. Rooms were rather clean. Breakfast was alright, but the coffee was abysmal, as it was instant coffee. Location was absolutely wonderful and the staff always helpful when you'd need directions. Only horrible things were the doors, especially at night. When a door would slam in the hallway, your dorm room's door would shake so much that it would sometimes open itself. Still, great hostel - would recommend it, if only for the location and the staff

Hi there, Thank you that you took the time to write us. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay in our Hostel and liked the location. It’s our claim, that our guests sleep well. We regret that it wasn't so in your case. Our maintenance team will take care of the doors. Our team will be happy to welcome you again at the Generator Berlin Mitte. Kind regards, Melanie Upmann Assistant General Manager

The cleanest most modern hostel I have stayed. Excellent facility's friendly staff can't fault this place what so ever! Location is also perfect in the heart of Berlin, The free walking tour is a must!

• 5th Oct 2014

The foods great, but I wish there wasn't a rule about outside food. I booked in advance, not thinking it would be a problem. But being on a food budget I would have loved to be able to bring in snacks.

This place was sooo much better than i expected and great value for money spent. The rooms were clean and spacious for a hostel. The staff was friendly and ready to help with all you needed. It was in close proximity to all major sights. Would definitely stay here again.

The best Hostel I have ever stayed. Ever !! Incredible.

Because of the size of the place, it doesn't really feel like a hostel, more so a hotel. Wouldn't recommend for someone travelling alone, as there was no real common area. In saying that, the hostel was really clean, and was in a really good location. Doona was a highlight.

I paid for late check out, but was asked to leave at 11:30.

• 3rd Oct 2014

Hey, thanks for sharing your experience. We have reviewed the process with our housekeeping and front office team, to ensure you'll be able to sleep in next time. See you again soon! Rosa, General Manager

Chain hostel (which means a clean and modern place, but with a huge price tag). Would stay here if you want to be around heaps of people I guess! You could find better value, especially as this place doesn't offer a kitchen or free breakfast, elsewhere.

Rooms were far too warm making it quite difficult for everyone to sleep. Also many of the rooms face the court yard where the bar is and the music on a Saturday was almost deafening in the rooms - not good when you have an early flight and need sleep! The under bed boxes that you need to noisily drag out are terrible. The bar was expensive and the food not good quality - fine if you've just arrived and are starving. Met some nice people here though.

• 2nd Oct 2014

Hi, thank you for taking the time to review your stay. One of our main features is for guests to have a good nights sleep. I apologize that in your case we failed to provide this. In any case, our reception is staffed 24hours and they are happy to make sure the hostel is nice and quiet. Safe travels! Rosa, General Manager

The staff are amazingly helpful and super friendly. If the Generator in Paris and Rome are anything like this location I'll be there once they open! For my first hostel experience I think they've set the bar really high!

Thank you for your great review - we're so happy that you liked staying with us. Paris and Rome are going to be amazing - we can't wait to go there ourselves!! See you there :) Rosa, General Manager

this place is the shizz. staff are amazing and helpful considering how many beds they have. security is fantastic, beds are the best I've seen with space for your electronics. couldn't reccomend this place more. thanks dudes.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7