Fabulous 1,488 Total Reviews
Fabulous 1,488 Total Reviews
Generator Berlin Mitte Located at Oranienburger Strasse 65, , Berlin.
Germany
Berlin Berlin 10117 Oranienburger Strasse 65
89% 1488
52.5251300 13.3914800
    Rooms available

1st May 2016

Great hostel in a very good location: Oranienburgerstr. is full of nice places to eat and also various art galleries (if you're into art). My room was cleaned daily; there is also a nice bar, where you can socialize with other travelers; a garden with chairs and a small cafe inside. It is also very easy to get around Berlin from there: S-bahn and U-bahn stations are just in 2 minutes walk.

• China, Female, 25-30
1st May 2016
8.0

great location. the room is sooooo narrow i have to squize into my bed... and the staff of the front desk never smiled

28th Apr 2016

Was not there for a long time. Pricey but good vibes. Great location. Had trouble with the washing machines

Thanks for leaving a review, glad you enjoyed the vibes and our great location. Our staff is available 24/7 to help with any troubles. Hope to welcome you again. Erik (FO Manager)

• Canada, Female, 18-24
22nd Apr 2016

Generator was easy to get to from the central train station and close by to all the attractions. The free walking tour and pub crawl at night were a great way to meet people. Rooms were clean and lockers were nice and big.

Dear Janet, thank you for your top review. Sounds great that you loved the tours. We hope to see you soon. Lovely greetings Josie FOH

• New Zealand, Female, 18-24
19th Apr 2016

Absolutely awesome, super easy to find from the airport, very warm and welcoming, the beds are super comfy would definitely book again

Dear Claire, thanks a million for your lovely review. It makes us happy that you had an awesome stay and that you liked our beds. So, then we see you soon Claire. Kind regards Josie FOH

• chris1992
  • England, Male, 18-24
17th Apr 2016

We had a great time while staying at this hostel. The staff were helpful, very friendly and easy to approach if something went wrong (problems with the key card). We happily recommend staying here. On a side note, it's fairly far from most clubs so a taxi or s-bahn is needed to get around. All round top place.

Thank you for your positive feedback which I will share with my team. I hope we can welcome you back soon. Erik (FO Manager)

• England, Female, 41+
5th Apr 2016

I'm nearly 80 so was amazed to be at ease among so many young people speaking so many languages - that may explain my rave review. However, the situation of the hostel could not have been better - within walking distance of the main cultural sites and conveniently close to the river (short walk to the Reichstag and even closer to the Berliner Ensemble). The staff was very helpful and food and drink available at any hour. Excellent.

So nice to read your review. Happy to hear our hostel is enjoyed by all ages. I agree about the location, it's unbeatable. Hope we can welcome you again. Enjoy your day. Erik (FO Manager)

• India, Male, 25-30
4th Apr 2016

Absolutely brilliant guys. I mistakenly booked room for wrong dates. The guys behind the desk changed the dates for me without any fuss. Also great hostel - all very clean - all brilliant facilities!

Hi there, thank you for your review. It's great that you had such a great stay and our team did such an amazing job. See you soon. Kind regards, Melanie AGM

• mrrorymcdonnell8887
  • Ireland, Male, 25-30
4th Apr 2016

I've done my fair share of travelling and this was simply the best hostel I've ever stayed at. It was clean, modern, the rooms were beautiful - well lit, spacious, and airy (4 bed private). The bar and cafe we're the perfect way to star and end you day with great coffee and beers not to mention the staff. The staff we're so friendly and just awesome people all around. If I'm ever staying in Berlin again the only reason I wouldn't choose this Hostel is if it was full. Cannot rate it h

Hi there, thank you for your 10 of 10 rating. We are so proud that you called us the best hostel you've ever stayed in. See you soon. Kind regards, Melanie AGM

• USA, Female, 18-24
2nd Apr 2016
6.9

This hostel had a frat house vibe. If you have come to Germany to party this is the perfect place for you. I was aggressively hit on to the point that I had to say embarrassingly rude phrases like " Please leave the table I am sitting at I am not interested." And this was in the cafe at the hostel, not at the bar. The location is perfectly downtown. The rooms were clean but outrageously tiny. The main reason I will never be back is that the rooms are SO LOUD all night. Would NOT recommend.

Hi there, thank you for your review. We are deeply sorry that you stay wasn't like you expected. Kind regards, Melanie AGM