Generator Berlin Mitte Reviews

Oranienburger Strasse 65, Berlin, Germany

This hostel has an attached restaurant and bar, and no kitchen, and enforces a no-outside-food-or-beverage rule so the costs of staying here are quite high. The rooms look quite nice, and the beds with built in chargers are awesome, but my room had an ensuite that would stink like a swamp (and stink up our entire room within seconds of opening the door) no matter how much the staff cleaned it. If you're not traveling on a budget, this could be a nice hostel, otherwise there are better options.

Absolutely amazing hostel! Very clean facilities, staff very helpful and friendly, able to leave luggage in a secure luggage room. Have a bar and a cafe in the premises which is awesome! And they are right opposite where the pub crawl starts! Would Definately stay here again!

Excellent location for connectivity, centrality and night life (probably couldn't get any better). Very helpful and fun staff. The six-bed dorms are a bit cosy (that is, not much personal space) but there's a nice communal chill area, and anyway if you're spending your time in the dorm room then you're missing out on amazing Berlin!

Very good and clean hostel in a nice area. If I come back to berlin again I will definitely book this hostel again!

• 21st Aug 2014

Really cool hostel with lots of facilities! Just remember to bring a lock for the lockers as they are not provided

Hostel has been recently refurbished, as the beds and all the furniture look very, very nice. This hostel had such nice beds that I miss it when I go to sleep in my own bed. There are individual lights and power outlets for each guest. Although the room was a bit too small (I don't think all the rooms are like that), the rest more than makes up for it. Breakfast is nice, but I didn't like the policy of paying 4 euros on check-in and 5 euros if you book later. Also, security could be improved.

Expensive, but it's a clean hostel with most facitlities. It could use a kitchen (own food is not allowed). It's fun to stay and a really friendly staff.

Outlets and a small ledge are at each bed, which is a huge plus in my book. It's nice to have an area to set my glasses and my phone while charging it over night.

• 18th Aug 2014
  • Kevins89notch

The rooms are really nice. For a group of people who know each other before hand. This is the best choice.

Nice new hostel. Pretty annoying that there is no kitchen... or even just a fridge. And if there is no kitchen breakfast should be free coz most people are on a budget and you've made it difficult to allow that especially when its not that cheap anyways. Beds were good. Rooms were a little hot but didn't stop you sleeping. Close to the metro lines and restaurants. Overall its a nice hostel but id probably stay somewhere that had a kitchen and was maybe smaller so its more interactive.

This place is way more like a hotel than a hostel. If you are on a group college vacation this is the place for you! Loads of groups of lads and girls around drinking downstairs in the common area. Nice bar. My room was really clean. Cosy bed. Bathroom. Wi-Fi in the room. Breakfast is not included and definitely not worth it! Great location for sight seeing, get a taxi to the party area. Pretty decent for the lone traveller and it's handy that they have a pick up point there for the walking tour

Very clean, staff were helpful, comfortable bed with own power socket and light. Very good.

Best hostel we stayed in over 3 months of travelling! Great wifi, clean rooms, great location, great staff, comfortable beds and heaps of chill out areas!

Great location, pretty easy to get anywhere. The staff were all super nice. My credit card fell off my jacket and it was returned to me a couple of minutes later by the staff, so... great people! Take a big lock if you want to use your room locker, for the space for the lock is quite thick (otherwise, you must pay €2 a day for keeping laptops or passports safe in a special locker).Breakfast not included, but is €4,5 if you pay for it at check-in, and it is quite good. I'd definitely go back.

• 14th Aug 2014
  • Costa Rica

Definitely a big party hostel. Kinda sketchy area (hookers for days) but not too bad. Beds were nice and comfy though. Lots of Aussies, brits and Canadians. You probably won't sleep, but this may depend on your dorm mates.

Cannot recommend this place enough!! Perfect location, excellent facilities n the staff were so friendly and helpful, especially Freddie on reception! The only tiny criticism that I wuld have is that there's no kitchen 2 cook but the food is so reasonably priced in the cafe it's not really an issue! Definitely staying here again when I return to Berlin!!

Hands down the best hostel I've ever stayed in. Great atmosphere, helpful staff, amazing facilities, good location. It can't be beaten.

We had a lovely stay. The hostel was great and it gives you the perfect opertunity to explore Berlin.

• 11th Aug 2014
  • Belgium

It was wonderful to stay at Generator Berlin and yes, definitely, it was the best hostel I've ever stayed. Rommates were also cool, and bar opens 24/7 so I could have very late dinner at hostel. In addition, it is not that far from museum island that I walked to muesum island, unter de linden and the brandenburg :)

There wasn't enough space in the room (we stayed in a 6-bed room) for luggages, and it's a little warm for those sleeping away from the windows. Apart from those, everything else was good.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7