Generator Berlin Mitte Reviews

Oranienburger Strasse 65, Berlin, Germany

Beautiful, well-furnished, modern, well-located, clean hostel. I almost had a feeling that it could be a hotel. There is a parking right behind the building, and very close to underground/train stations. One down thing is that there isn't a kitchen.

• Japan

Our stay at this hostel was amazing! The staff were very nice and the place was very clean and welcoming! Not to mention that it's very close to some of the main attractions of Berlin!!!!!! The only thing we did not like was that on friday and saturday nights the music was too loud as we were on our rooms trying to sleep and could hear perfectly all the songs. Definitely will go back to a Generator Hostel!!!!!!!

• Spain

Very neat place, felt secure and nothing like slumpy hostel places where you are afraid of what/who will appear in the next corner. Bed linen included in the already low price. The breakfast buffet was not that rich, but decent.

• Greece

This hostel couldn't have been in a better location and it was perfect for exploring Berlin. The room was very clean and the light, outlet, and shelf on each bed were great to have. The wifi worked well in every part of the hostel. I was travelling solo in winter so the hostel wasn't very busy but I still managed to meet people and enjoy the facilities. My only complaint is that the front desk staff were not very helpful - they offered no information upon check in and seemed annoyed when asked.

The dormitory was good, except for some hairs/spots in the bathroom that were not removed by cleaning. The location and facilities (restaurant, bar, own ATM) were great! One pity was that we only had good and tasteful juice the first day during breakfast. Everything else including the staff was great. It is a nice central place to come with friends and my friend and I met some nice people who stayed here. We may consider to go to Generator's next time as well!

• 3rd Dec 2014

Thank you for reviewing us. We have followed up the breakfast juice and I can assure you we have resolved it for the future. Glad that you enjoyed meeting people, that's what hostelling is all about. See you again soon at one of the other Generators or back here in Berlin. #Genlove

Fantastic hostel - cool design, lots of facilities and good location. Social atmosphere could have been a bit better for me

Hi there! thanks for your comments. We hope you tried the free walking tour and went for games night as well. We are always happy to tailor activities to our guests whishes, so if you have further suggestions on the social programme, feel free to drop us an email: rosa.hoehn@generatorhostels.com Safe travels!

Stayed here for a week, big and clean. Good wifi throughout, also computers downstairs. Nice decor and cafe/bar. Only downside, the lockers underneath the female dorm beds you have to pull all the way out, my lock wouldn't fit, tried to jam in on and it broke haha so had to rent one of their locks for a few euro. Quiet a few events on, don't expect to be told about any of them, you have to ask staff, most of the time were friendly and helpful. I thought the location was nice too.

I enjoyed my stayed at the Generator Hostel. Well, i must be honest...they overpriced everything inside there, even to rent a towel we had to paid 12 euros for that and got a refund less than we should have received. Anyway, if you are looking for fun there is the exactly place, well located and safe, otherwise for those who are looking for strict budget i really dont reccommend! You will get pissed of as soon as you arrive there.

This had potential to be a good stay as it's quite modern and clean, but they just got it wrong for us. No real atmosphere, no kitchen, pretty expensive bar

Very clean and very nice place to stay for hostels! I would definitely stay there again.

Overall great place, easy to get to from the Hbf, very, very clean, fun and helpful staff, excellent beds with each having outlets and lights. Overall highly recommend staying here My first night there was a Saturday and they had a DJ spinning, it kept me and my friend up until 3:30, ask for a room that does not overlook the courtyard,they have a great lounge. common room, could they put out a hot water dispenser and some cups to make our own tea? Paying 3 euros at the cafe gets a bit dear.

Clean and comfy. Highly recommend breakfast; cheese, meat, toast, cereals, and fruit.

Very friendly and helpful staff. Excellent internet facilities. Breakfast offered was a bit overpriced for what it's worth.

• 9th Nov 2014
  • Malaysia

Really clean place with excellent facilities. Very large hostel which made it seem a little in-personable at times. Staff were friendly and polite but weren't able to give too much advice around clubs and events over the weekend we stayed there. Bar and cafe on site was pretty cool.

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed at.

Hi, thank you for your awesome review. See you soon at the Generator Berlin Mitte. Regards, Melanie

Highly recommended. Extremely good location. Very friendly staff and very clean. No complaints

• 29th Oct 2014

Breakfast is not that satisfactory, apart from that it's a very nice hostel

Good too meet other travellers. The rooms are great. The bar is a good place to drinks some local pints while you find some fellow travellers to go out with, which you can do ind the local neighbourhood, or you can take the metro right outside the hostel.

• 25th Oct 2014
  • Denmark

Thank you for your review. It's great that you met nice people during your stay here. We hope you'll stay in touch! Safe travels

I could not recommend it higher! On my next trip I'm definitely staying in Generator! Everything at this place was amazing!

Thank you so much for your great review and see you again soon :)

Pretty good hostel - good location and modern, clean and new. Not a fan of the automatic timer lights in the bathroom - had to step out of the shower a bunch of times to turn them back on which resulted in water going everywhere. Need bathmats of some sort. Overall v good though.

Hi, thanks for taking the time to review. If you could let us know the room number by email, we will take care of the light in the bathroom. Thank you so much!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7