Generator Berlin Mitte Reviews

Oranienburger Strasse 65, Berlin, Germany

Initially we were in an 8 bed dorm, there was no atmosphere here. We stayed for one night and then upgraded to a private room. This was very clean and well presented (as in the ad). The problem is the lights, they are motion sensitive in the toilet and shower rooms meaning at night they turn on when you don't want them to and in the morning you are plunged into a dark shower having to resort to the motion sensor dance. Also beware the rule of no outside food to be brought onto the premises.

Awesome hostel. I would recommend that you defiantly stay here. It is close to the S Bahn which goes everywhere and most things are in walking distance. The facilities are new and fantastic lockers in every room and if you forget anything or run out they have it for sale in the lobby. The layout of the dorms give a sense of privacy and wifi works great😀

• 11th Oct 2014

The staff was most friendly upon arrival. Rooms were rather clean. Breakfast was alright, but the coffee was abysmal, as it was instant coffee. Location was absolutely wonderful and the staff always helpful when you'd need directions. Only horrible things were the doors, especially at night. When a door would slam in the hallway, your dorm room's door would shake so much that it would sometimes open itself. Still, great hostel - would recommend it, if only for the location and the staff

Hi there, Thank you that you took the time to write us. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay in our Hostel and liked the location. It’s our claim, that our guests sleep well. We regret that it wasn't so in your case. Our maintenance team will take care of the doors. Our team will be happy to welcome you again at the Generator Berlin Mitte. Kind regards, Melanie Upmann Assistant General Manager

The foods great, but I wish there wasn't a rule about outside food. I booked in advance, not thinking it would be a problem. But being on a food budget I would have loved to be able to bring in snacks.

This place was sooo much better than i expected and great value for money spent. The rooms were clean and spacious for a hostel. The staff was friendly and ready to help with all you needed. It was in close proximity to all major sights. Would definitely stay here again.

The best Hostel I have ever stayed. Ever !! Incredible.

Because of the size of the place, it doesn't really feel like a hostel, more so a hotel. Wouldn't recommend for someone travelling alone, as there was no real common area. In saying that, the hostel was really clean, and was in a really good location. Doona was a highlight.

I paid for late check out, but was asked to leave at 11:30.

• 3rd Oct 2014

Hey, thanks for sharing your experience. We have reviewed the process with our housekeeping and front office team, to ensure you'll be able to sleep in next time. See you again soon! Rosa, General Manager

Chain hostel (which means a clean and modern place, but with a huge price tag). Would stay here if you want to be around heaps of people I guess! You could find better value, especially as this place doesn't offer a kitchen or free breakfast, elsewhere.

Rooms were far too warm making it quite difficult for everyone to sleep. Also many of the rooms face the court yard where the bar is and the music on a Saturday was almost deafening in the rooms - not good when you have an early flight and need sleep! The under bed boxes that you need to noisily drag out are terrible. The bar was expensive and the food not good quality - fine if you've just arrived and are starving. Met some nice people here though.

• 2nd Oct 2014

Hi, thank you for taking the time to review your stay. One of our main features is for guests to have a good nights sleep. I apologize that in your case we failed to provide this. In any case, our reception is staffed 24hours and they are happy to make sure the hostel is nice and quiet. Safe travels! Rosa, General Manager

The staff are amazingly helpful and super friendly. If the Generator in Paris and Rome are anything like this location I'll be there once they open! For my first hostel experience I think they've set the bar really high!

Thank you for your great review - we're so happy that you liked staying with us. Paris and Rome are going to be amazing - we can't wait to go there ourselves!! See you there :) Rosa, General Manager

this place is the shizz. staff are amazing and helpful considering how many beds they have. security is fantastic, beds are the best I've seen with space for your electronics. couldn't reccomend this place more. thanks dudes.

The Generator turned out to be a great choice in terms of the overall experience. The 4 bed room we had was very small, but really that didn't matter to us because we just needed a place to sleep and shower. The staff was friendly and helpful, the in-house bar was nice and a good place to kickoff the night. We met a good group of people the couple nights we were there. If you're looking for an open atmosphere and opportunity to meet people from all over, this is a good place to stay.

Not a bad hostel. More like a hotel with very little atmosphere. Bar and Cafe quite expensive and extra breakfast cost is a bit much. Bathroom didn't get cleaned at all and was in a poor state after 3 days.

Hi, thank you for taking the time to drop us a note on your stay. We are taking each comment seriously and use it to improve our services. If you have cleaning requests, our front office is happy to arrange for those. Safe and exciting travels! Rosa, General Manager

The hostle was hip, the bar staff was really great. Celebrated my birthday there, got a free cupcake with a candle. Thought that was sweet. The. Only negative review I have is that the next day the cleaning person stripped my bed and whatever else I had there was gone for good. It's annoying when it's your phone charger and electic converter.. I'd prolly stay again, but I'd advise to lock Everything up!

• 27th Sep 2014

Hi, thanks for your comments. We have spoken about it with our housekeeping staff to make sure this does not occur again in the future. I'm glad you liked your birthday treat. Safe travels and see you back in Berlin! Rosa, General Manager

Great hostel. Good location and atmosphere. Only 2 minor complaints: noise from the central courtyard (which most rooms are facing) is quite loud which can be annoying if you need to sleep early and the under-bed lockers were annoying to use with so little floor space.

It is up there as one of the best "boutique" hostels I have stayed in. Highly recommended.

Great location, staff was great! Lack of Air con in our room meant no one could sleep, as soon as someone got a shower is was hot and sweaty, ventilation wasn't working properly. Great other than that though!

Small room but had a super stay anyway! Friendly staff, clean hostel, perfect location, nice people!

• 4th Sep 2014
  • Sweden

Perfect for young people. We had fun and a nice time

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7