9.0
Superb 1,950 Total Reviews
9.0
Superb 1,950 Total Reviews
Generator Berlin Mitte Located at Oranienburger Strasse 65, , Berlin.
Germany
Berlin Berlin 10117 Oranienburger Strasse 65
90% 1950
52.5251300 13.3914800
    Rooms available

6th Jan 2017

Good hostel for solo travellers or groups looking to meet people. Bar downstairs is reasonably busy and a good starting point to make friends for a night out. Location is awesome and very close to key tourist attractions. Clean facilities and staff were nice - at one point I left a pair of $250 Raybans at the check in and came back the next morning to find them waiting for me. Thanks!

Hi there! Thank you so much for your marvelous review, feels good to make our guests happy :-) Have a great trip and see you again some day! All the best, Ernesto (Front Office Agent)

• England, All Female Group, 18-24
6th Jan 2017

Really nice hostel with friendly, helpful staff and free luggage storage for after you check out! Would definitely recommend. One negative was that the information the reception gave us to get to the airport (Schonenfeld) was incorrect/out of date and we nearly got a train going to the wrong place because of that.

Thank you for leaving a review. Nice to hear you liked the staff and our free luggage storage. Sorry to hear you had some trouble with the trains. Last weekend they were working on the tracks and trains were not running as usual. Maybe the staff member wasn't aware. I will forward it to my team. Have a great day! Erik (FO Manager)

• France, Female, 31-40
3rd Jan 2017

Excellent place. The staff at the cafe is not always super efficient though... It depends on the day!

Hello Theophile, thank you for taking time to write us an review. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. we hope to see you again one day. best regards Whitney,fO

3rd Jan 2017

I loved the Generator. I stayed in an 8 bed dorm and it was very close quarters but the rooms were clean and the vibe at the hostel was awesome

Hi Brittany, Thank you for your nice review. We are very happy that you had a good time at Generator. We hope to see you again one day. best regards Whitney,FO

• Australia, All Female Group, 18-24
3rd Jan 2017

It was really inconvenient not having any kitchen facilities. Not even a kettle, sink or mircrowave. The hostel is in a great location with lots of food options around. Special mention to the woman with shorthair at the cafe who was very friendly and the hilarious guy at reception who knew of lots of great burger places (apparently West Berlin is a dud). However, the wifi signal would occasionally drop out and the room for an 8 bed dorm is TINY! Like living in a shoebox.

Hi there! Thanks a lot for taking the time to review us. I will pass on the special greetings to my colleagues, I'm sure they will be happy to hear that. Sorry to disappoint you with the cooking facilities, but we have a café where you can get tasty food and drinks. Hope you enjoyed your time with us in Berlin, see you next time!

1st Jan 2017

Really close to public transportation and the staff was very friendly! I would come back and stay here next time I'm in Berlin.

Hi Sierre, Thank you for taking time to write us an review. We are very happy that you enjoied your stay with us. We hope to see you again one day. Have a good day. Whitney, FO

• shazila28
  • Malaysia, Female, 31-40
30th Dec 2016

My personal recommendation for anyone to stay here! Its really a cool place, convenient location & the staff were very friendly and helpful 😊 Love it! The cafe & the bar downstairs was good too! Wifi was amazingly good 😜

28th Dec 2016

This place went beyond my expectations for the value (booked a twin private room). Perfect location, lots of local activities, great facilities, and great staff. Whenever I come back to visit Berlin, this will be my first spot to check for availability

Hey Ivan, thank you for your great review. Good to hear that you liked it and we are looking forward to welcome you here again. Best regards, Stefan, FO

27th Dec 2016

Very clean and nice hostel to stay at. We were in a 6 person room. Which included a unsuited shower and separate toilet with sink. The room was quite large so you rarely got in the way of others. The hostel itself it's very large as well. Lounge area and cafe which serves breakfast and coffee. And a separate bar which has a large selection of beers and liquor. Easy to get to with a metro station only a few meters down the road.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
26th Dec 2016

The Generator Mitte was a great hostel with everything that you need in it. I would definitely stay here again and would highly recommend it especially for solo travellers as it is a very social hostel so it is very easy to meet new people. Only downside was that the dorm I stayed in did not look like it was cleaned daily as the floors weren't vacuumed the 3 days I was there which was a bit disappointing but other than this loved it!

Hi there, thank you for your kind words. It's fantastic that you had a nice stay at the Generator. We'll pass your comment to our Housekeeping Manager to check how we can improve on the points you mentioned. We would love to welcome you again. Kind regards, Melanie AGM