Generator Berlin Mitte Reviews

Oranienburger Strasse 65, Berlin, Germany

The hostel is pretty nice, great location, but the day we arrived the guy in the reception was rude, the others days the rest of the staff was pretty nice. They gave me an upgrade from a 8 people room to a 6 people room, but the new room was the smallest room I've ever been in a hostel, was hot as hell and the windown didn`t open, outside was 20ºC but inside the room was like 40ºC.

I arrived late for breakfast and the person in charge of it denied to give me any food at all. Although I know it was my fault for arriving 10 minutes late, it wasn't gentle not providing me with anything when I had already pay for that breakfast (it wasn't included) I could barely grab some bread left. So, if you are considerading to take breakfast, be strictly on time or you'll be given an unpolite denial.

be careful how much they charge you. we ended up paying €66 each for one night and when we questioned this, one worker seemed surprised as the going rate should be €20 but another worker said this is fine and we're lucky we paid so little because they had upgraded us to a private room when we had booked for an 8bed mixed dorm. other than this, really great hostel with good facilities and decor etc.

• 20th Aug 2015

I thought their employees in the reception were little bit unkind for me

Hi there, thank you for your review. We are sorry that you didn't felt treated kindly from our staff at reception. We will train them to ensure that everybody feels treated kind. Kind regards, Melanie AGM

The staff here were excellent! Very welcoming and absolutely hilarious! The facilities were clean and modern. Very close to the S ban(spelling) making it easy to get places, just you will need to take the train to get places or else it's going to be a walk to get places.

• 19th Aug 2015

Hi there, thank you for your review. It's awesome that you had such a great stay at the Generator. We would love to welcome you again. Kind regards, Melanie AGM

Nice hostel, nice position, on the whole it's ok, but there's no air conditioning in the rooms, windows can't be opened and you have no choice but to sweat. Oh, they don't answer to the emails.

The rooms are very clean and cozy, but the greatest thing was the AC, it worked beautifully well! I liked how the shower and toilet were separate, too. It allowed more people to get ready at the same time. The lockers need a padlock and are pretty roomy, but they're located under the bottom bunk and are very noisy. Only thing I found a little annoying was the long line at the reception at all times. I had to wait at least 10 minutes every time I had a question or needed something.

Hi there, thank you for writing about your experience with us. It's awesome that you had a great stay at the Generator. We'll pass your points to the responsible department to improve our service. Kind regards, Melanie AGM

A great hostel with modern facilities and very friendly staff that gave us tips on where to go and what to do. A nice courtyard with seating to chill and a simple but decent breakfast for a small fee. Clean and comfy beds and bathrooms.

Clean place. Well connected.

Hi there, thank you for your kind review. We would love to welcome you again. Kind regards, Melanie AGM

It's a good place

Really good hostel but there was music playing one night until 12, I personally didn't mind this but it might be annoying for some people. Really good location and the staff were really nice. Bit pricy at the cafe if you miss breakfast but yummy food. Really good walking tours, would stay here again.

Fantastic experience, the staff are always willing to help, with a special mention to both the Freddy's. I would 100% return to the Generator in Berlin!

• 10th Aug 2015

the bedding did not feel or look clean and could have had better drink deals.

Hi there, thank you for your review. We 'll pass your points to the responsible departments to improve our service. Kind regards, Melanie AGM

Best Hostel ever, good Atmosphere, the stuff are very helpful, the room is big, and they also have a bar downstairs of the hostel, definitely i would come back there.

• 9th Aug 2015

Hi there, thank you for your review! We are really happy that you enjoyed our hostel and our bar so much. We would love to welcome you again. Kind regards, Melanie AGM

Excellent location, staff, and atmosphere.

• 7th Aug 2015
  • Sweden

Unfortunately for us they had messed up our reservations along with two other girls so instead we ended up in a 8 bed mix dorm instead or 6 bed female. They did offer us free drinks and breakfast but it was during a heatwave and that first night was by far the worst night sleep of my life. And then once we moved our other room had AC and knowing that kinda just put a damper on the whole thing. But apart from that it was clean, comfortable beds just a little too big to meet anyone.

Great place, centrally located and close to transport for going anywhere. The staff were always helpful and made the stay pleasant!

Hi there, thank you for your kind words. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay so much! See you soon. Kind regards, Melanie AGM

Hostel is very hip, great place for those looking for a social environment and exciting atmosphere. The staff is all very welcoming and kind. My room was clean and the beds were super comfy! The only downside is they don't have air conditioning, but it wasn't something I would say was a huge downfall, the experience and people made up for it! Would stay here again in a heartbeat!

Good place. Generic, corporate feeling, but it was clean, well run and in a good area close to one of the main transportation lines. Kind of a bummer they don't want you to bring in your own food or drink, but I guess I get why.

We couldn't open the window in our 6 bed dorm and there was no ventilation so everyone in the room kept waking up in the middle of the night unable to breathe. I asked the guy at the front desk why we couldn't open the window and he said it was a German regulation. There's a regulation about not opening windows but nothing about putting 6 people in a 3rd floor room with no ventilation. Usually generators are pretty nice but this place was clearly unprepared for any kind of heat.

Hi there, thank you for your review. Our team member was right, due to a too low parapet height we have restrictions from the government and are not allowed to open the windows completely. We do have fans at reception which can be rented free of charge. We are sorry that your stay wasn't like you expected. Kind regards, Melanie AGM

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7