Generator Hostel Barcelona Reviews

Carrer de Còrcega 377, Barcelona, Spain

The events at the bar are really good

• 15th Jan 2015

Good sized rooms, very clean,helpful staff, comfy beds

Dear Ryan, Thanks for sharing your experience after staying in Generator Barcelona. We are sure that's very helpful for other guest, Thanks for your time and hope to see you soon. Nuria Molina, AGM

This does feel more like a hotel (except the dorm style rooms) in that it is large and you do not know people. However this was a welcome change after hostel ing for many nights. Good location, walkable to all major sites but a bit of a hike. Food is decent but not included in the price. And just like every other review I will mention the wait times at the front desk - to check in, get stored luggage, ask a question etc. I waited a while on numerous occasions.

Dear Cora, Thank you for your stay and comments at Generator Barcelona.We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our hostel during your stay. Apologice if you had you wait some queues sometimes everyone arrive at the same time. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Barcelona. Kind Regards, Nuria Molina, AGM

I strongly recommend this hostel! Congrats for the staff, atmosphere and facilities. Very suitable for those with a small budget and staying for few nights in the city, like me.

Dear Miguel, Thank you for sharing your experience after staying in our hostel. Very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay at Generator Barcelona , our staff will be very happy as well. Hope to see you again soon. Kind Regards. Nuria Molina, AGM

I arrived late at night and saw two huge yellow stains on my cover. I do understand it was a clean cover generally, but the staines were not washed away and it was really a terrible feeling. Luckily, it was changed after 2 days. So please check your covers for stains! (I do have photos of the cover)

Dear Ana, Thank you for your stay and review of Generator Barcelona. We would like to apologice for the inconvenience, next time tell us at reception and we will change your cover ASAP, thank you for your time and your comment, we are improving day by day.. Hope to see you soon again. Kind Regards. Nuria Molina, AGM

No Soap in the bathroom!!

Hello Sara, thank you for your stay and comments in Generator Barcelona, we will considerer about the soap at the room. Hope to see you soon. Kind Regards, Nuria Molina, AGM

One of the top hostels I've stayed in. Nicely arranged dorms with plenty of room and great beds with power points and lights for each. Very clean hostel however the cleaners can be extremely loud and kept stripping my bed sheets off daily to fold the same sheets at the end of my bed lol but great atmosphere, loved the lighting in the bar and breakfast area! Staff were helpful and the bartender s were a lot of fun :) would love to stay again!

Dear guest, Thank you for your stay and review of Generator Barcelona. Happy to hear your feedback we try to do all our best. Hope to see you soon again. Kind Regards. Nuria Molina, AGM

I felt very unsafe at this hostel! I stayed in an 8 person mixed dorm that was absolutely tiny! There was no room to put my luggage, let alone in a safe location! It was messy and the cleaners just barged in to clean whenever they liked and talked loudly and were very rude about it! I ended up staying in a hotel room because i felt so unsafe and uncomfortable there!

• 8th Dec 2014

This hostel is great! I can definilty recommend this hostel. it is very cheap and the rooms are really clean and organized. This was my first stay in a hostel and it felt like a hotel. Nothing to complain about. The food in the hostel is good as well, same as the breakfest.

• 7th Dec 2014

Dear, Thank you for your stay and comments in Generator Barcelona. Happy to hear your first time in a hostel has been with us and you enjoyed. Hope to see you again soon. Nuria Molina, AGM

This hostel is one of the best I've ever stayed in because it's so clean and the beds are amazing. The location is perfect and it's very safe. The hostel is very quiet, which my sister and I liked. The roof-top bar is a nice addition! There are no kitchen facilities, so making breakfast/lunch/dinner is quite tough! The staff are nice. But remember, you're in Spain... Never be in a hurry :)

• 30th Nov 2014

I absolutley loved my time in Barcelona- I was blown away at how beautiful the hostel is... as a backpacker it was definitley one of the best I have ever stayed in!! I loved the design there were loads of cool things in the lounge and the bar- although a little pricey! The roof terrace wasn't open and I was told never has been which was dissapointing as it was one of the reasons I booked here! We also had a CRAZZZYYY guy in our room but that cant really be helped! Was the only down side really!!

• 3rd Nov 2014

Loved this hostel. We thought our hostel in Paris was nice until we arrived here. For the money, this place was great. It was in a good location, it was very clean, and the staff was very friendly and helpful. The restaurant was OK, but if you want really good food you obviously have to explore the city! Security was great, the decor was fun and inviting, I would absolutely stay here again. No breakfast included but wouldn't even expect it to be for the value! All female 6 bed dorm with bath!

Dear, Thank you for sharing your experience after staying in our hostel. Very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay at Generator Barcelona, our staff will be vey happy as well. hope to see you again soon. Kind Regards. Nuria Molina, AGM

I really like this place, near with everything, i can easily go by underground or by foot to differents places, the staff is good and profesiaonal. Thank you so much from Siberia and Sahara)

Dear, Thank you for your stay and comments. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the bar during your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip. KInd Regards. Nuria Molina, AGM.

Great hostel. Great location. Cool bar and lounge rooms giving a great atmosphere. Only issue I had was the super tiny showers I couldn't turn around in and the god awful smell in it. Thats all. Barcelona is a cool cool place.

It really good to receive your comments after staying in Generator Barcelona. Thanks for comment some of the most important aspects in here, such the location and the bar atmosphere that we get thanks to guests like you. I have already shared your comments about the shower size to consider in future project, that's really helpful too. We hope to see you again in Barcelona. Enrique Portales, GM.

Very friendly and helpful staff. Great rooms, comfy beds and good showers. Bar and food also very good.

• 16th Oct 2014

A great experience for a great price. The staff are incredibly helpful and kind, good location, and the restaurant/bar is a great place for mingling and getting a quick dinner before going out.

• 16th Oct 2014

Thanks a lot for sharing your experience after stayin in our hostel. The staff is very happy about it too. It is really great to know that you like the location and the services we provide, such the food and beverage one. Thanks for your time and we hope to see you again in Generator Barcelona. Enrique Portales, GM.

It was a very funny staiing.

• 9th Oct 2014

Pretty good Location. The bar close to the reception is really nice and opened to general public. Good Wifi. The room was very, very hot during the night.

• 3rd Oct 2014
  • tnakano22

The service was poor and sometimes unpleasant to deal with. But the biggest disappointment of all was to be bitten by bed bugs!!!!

Dear guest, thanks for sharing your opinion after staying in our hostel. I do apologise if you didn't find the service you expected, also I have already checked the room and I can confirmed that everything is fine and we have no incidents as you said, we have a full protocol in this situations and we check in a daily basis all the rooms, the staff have been trained for this. Apologise and thanks for your time. Enrique Portales, General Manager.

Excellent big young hostel in the center of Barcelona

• 10th Sep 2014

Thanks for sharing your experience after staying in our hostel. It is good to read it and all the team is very happy with that. We hope to see you again in Barcelona. Thanks for your time Enrique Portales Generator Barcelona GM