Generator Hostel Barcelona Reviews

Carrer de Còrcega 377, Barcelona, Spain

When booking with hostel world you pay a deposit which usually means that you are paying towards your stay but for some reason this isn't the case for the generator. Hostel world say there are no booking fees but when booking with generator there are, was confused and the staff just shrugged and said that's the way it is even thought it's never been like at any other hostel I've stayed.

Great hostel. Will stay there every time I'm back in Barcelona

Dear guest, Thanks for sharing your experience after staying in our hostel. It is really good to know that one more guest will back in the future. I have already shared with the team and all of us are very happy. Thanks for your time and we hope to see you very soon in Generator Barcelona. Enrique Portales Generator Barcelona GM

I had a great time! I meet some good people! The atmosphere was great definitely will stay there again next time I'm in Barcelona

Dear guest. Thanks a lot for sharing your experience in Generator Barcena. I am sure more guests will appreciate them because it helps very much to understand the services we offer and how much you can enjoy in here. I will share them with the team. We hope to see you soon in Generator Hostels. Thanks for your time. Enrique Portales, Generator Barcelona GM

A bit far out from the nicer parts of the city but the place itself cannot be faulted. By far the nicest hostel ive stayed in.

• 26th Jun 2014

Dear Guest, thanks a lot for sharing your comments after staying with us.As you could see, we are located close to Passeig de Gracia and thanks to the metro stations close to us, we get most important parts in 2 or 3 stops. Thanks for your time and we hope to see you again in the futurein Barcelona. Enrique Portales, Generator Barcelona GM.

Great hostel would stay again

Dear guest, Thanks for sharing your experience in Generator Barcelona. It is very important for us to read your opinion and also we know how important is for new guest, this helps a lot to understand how we are and the services we offer. Thanks for your time and we hope to welcome back very soon. Enrique Portales, Generator Barcelona GM

Beautifully decorated- but the common rooms weren't really used by guests. A money grab- absolutely everything cost extra. Just another super huge hostel, not much heart. It wasn't awful but i probably wouldn't stay there again. Very hotel like- anonymous, lots of big groups, very uniform.

Dear guest, Thanks for having time to share your view of our hostel. I have already shared your comments with the managers in order to work harder to get the atmosphere you expect from us. I am sure we will get it, because we want to offer it and that's important in a hostel, I totally agree with you. Thanks again for this and we hope to see you in the future. Enrique Portales, Generator Barcelona GM

Great hostel, decent priced drinks, well-priced food (though I didn't end up ordering any), beds were comfy and clean as were the rooms they were in. Great evening atmosphere with performances and an in-house bar/DJ as well as a lounge. Cool art and design throughout the hostel!

Dear guest. Thanks a lot for sharing your experience in Generator Barcelona. It is really great to read your positive comments that I have already shared with the team. Your description of the service we provide is really great and it helps a lot to understand how you can enjoy in here. We hope to see you very soon in any of Generator properties around Europe. Thanks for your time. Enrique Portales Generator Barcelona GM

Everything was good except for the under bed lockers in the dorms. They are all at ground level and open from the front not the top like at other Generator Hostels. Really difficult to use, you have to get your face on the floor to see into the lockers. I will stay somewhere else next time because of these awful lockers.

Dear Guest, Thanks for having time to share your comments after staying with us. Apologize if the locker design is not good for you, I have already transmited it to the designer to find a solution for us and also to get a best one in future projects. thanks for the rest of positive comments. Enrique Portales. Generator Barcelona GM

We were really excited for our stay at Generator as we had heard good things. But our own experience did not turn out so well. Our first impressions of the staff were not great but we thought they may have just been having a bad day. But our next few encounters proved that the staff at this facility have zero concept of customer service and overall rude in general. The rooms were unclean with men's underwear and toiletries everywhere and no men staying in there! Don't stay here!! Overrated!!!

Dear guest, Thanks for having your time to transmit your opinion about our hostel. I have already shared it with all managers in order to ensure that all staff realises about it. I am sure we will improve the way we provide the service. Thanks again for your valuable opinion Enrique Portales Generator Barcelona GM

Generator rocks! I love the bar/restaurant part of the hostel and the rooms were nice, too. If you're looking for a fun place to stay and party with like-minded folks, Generator is the place for you. Generator is close by the Sagrada Familia, and walking to Las Ramblas is definitely doable (though you might need Sangria to make it back!) I only have one complaint: The shower in our room smelled foul because the water just sits on the floor, but we got past that with some Febreeze.

Nice room, very clean, great bar/restaurant, close to local shops and cafes and close to Metro

id definitely stay here again.

Excellent hostel! The staff were very friendly and helpful. The rooms were spotlessly clean and comfortable and the location was fantastic, with resturants, bars and shops close by and a metro line that takes you quickly to key attractions. I will definitely be staying with Generator again!

Very good position..staff really friendly .Rooms clean and very nice atmosfere . One of the Best hostel i have been so far .I recommend to everyone

• 27th Mar 2014

This hostel, like everyone else says, has an awesome atmosphere- beautifully decorated and has a cool bar where they give you free shot coupons when you check in. We only stayed one night for a quick weekend trip, but it was a good place to spend the night. It wasn't very easy to meet people though; the layout is more like a hotel than a youth hostel.

Best hostel in Barcelona. Very cheap and they have all the facilities you might need. Only downside was the no-breakfast included policy. Overall great hostel. Barcelona is a huge city and this hostel is close (5min walk) to 2 metro stations running different lines/connections, so you can easily go anywhere. Totally recommend it for a great time in Barcelona. Viva la Catalunya!

The hostel was very nice. The accommodations were incredible as well. We really had no problems with anything at the hostel.