Generator Hostel Copenhagen

Fabulous 4564 Total Reviews
8.8
Fabulous 4564 Total Reviews

11th Feb 2017

Overall I am very pleased and satisfy with the hostel room and facilities. The bed frame is very firm, the mattress is clean , the shower & toilet are nice and clean. The thing I love the most is the lounge/bar area. There are big screens where people can watch football/movies and there are various games to be played Contra: the breakfast option is not that good. It's good value for the price in Copenhagen but the food choices are just good enough.

11th Feb 2017

This hostel was great! Perfect location and awesome atmosphere!

• hagenas8046
  • USA, Female, 18-24
6.3

I did not enjoy my stay at Generator. The staff were okay but didn't make any extra effort. It was not easy to meet other travelers in the bar and hangout areas. The guests ranged from small children to elderly, and I was quite uncomfortable sleeping across from a very old man who also only left his bed to eat then returned right back to it. My matress was the absolute worst I've ever had at a hostel, felt as if the springs were going to rip through. All the bathrooms and showers smelt

• Australia, Female, 18-24
10th Feb 2017

I stayed in the 6 bed female dorm and I loved how modern the room was! The location is great, I walked everywhere. They also had an information sheet when you check in which gave you heaps of information about the hostel and facilities. Would recommend

• England, Female, 31-40
10th Feb 2017

Great location. Welcoming atmosphere. Good happy hour. Reasonably clean, could be a little bit better on that front. Comfortable bed. Didn't find it as social as some of the smaller hostels but all in all a good stay.

9th Feb 2017
4.6

This is not a hostel for backpackers, this is a hotel! Location is okey, staff is okay but you have to pay extra for everything. There is no common area, there is only a huge bar which you should pay for what you eat or drink, otherwise they don't let you stay there!+

• Portugal, Male, 18-24
9th Feb 2017
7.1

Overall good.

6th Feb 2017

One of the best hostels i ever stayed at its a really cool place, friendly staff, great atmosphere and close to almost everything you need ✌🏻

• Australia, Female, 25-30
3rd Feb 2017

Great location and very clean rooms. I was in a 6 bed room, it was a little small but otherwise great. The hostel was good but it had a bit of an older vibe. I'd definitely stay again!

Dear M, thank you for your review and feedback. We are pleased to hear you liked our hostel and had a nice stay with us. Thanks for visiting, it was a pleasure having you here, Team Generator Cph.

2nd Feb 2017
2.0

I paid extra for a refundable deposit, and canceled 32 hours in advance when the policy is 24. They not only did not refund my deposit, but charged me for a room. I even went out of my way to contact them directly about my cancelation, and they still charged me for services I never redeemed, even though I cancelled within with cancellation policy. Now I have to go through my credit card and make a claim for fraudulent charges. This is bullshit.

Dear C, we are sorry to hear you did not make it to Copenhagen to stay with us. You contacted us around 5PM the day before your arrival which unfortunately is too late to cancel the booking free of charge in accordance to our cancellation policy. The deposit - and whatever extra you paid for a refundable deposit - is paid directly to Hostelworld and is not something we as a hostel can refund. We would recommend that you contact hostelworld in regards to the refund of the deposit. Best regards, Team Generator Cph.