Generator Hostel Copenhagen Reviews

Adelgade 7, Copenhagen, Denmark

Felt more like a hotel than a hostel. No kitchen. Too much open space in the common area. Little to no social activities such as tours directly organized and advertised through the hostel. Couldn't drink your own beer in the common area either just to top it off.

Hi A, thank you for staying with us. We have a cafe in the hostel with a full menu and offer a discounted breakfast buffet also. On the outside terrace there is a picnic area where guests are able to eat their own food and drink. We have a partnership with a free walking tour company, and provide leaflets with activates that Cph offers. The common areas also have various games making it a fun and chilled area. Plus everyday there is an in-house event. Team Generator Cph

Felt like a hotel but with dorm rooms. There were plenty of families among all your usual drunk Australians and stag party Englishmen. Location was perfect as you can quickly walk to most of Copenhagen's attractions. Booze prices were decent considering the alternatives. No AC and barely openable windows mean that the top floor was so INCREDIBLY hot that I woke up at 7am and slept for a few more hours in air conditioned common room.

Hi W, thank you for staying with us. We do have an extremely central location, for attractions, night life, shopping and guests arriving from the airport. With Copenhagen being a pricey city, we offer discount on the breakfast and two happy hours for all guests. In this lovely yet hot summer season, we offer fans to guests, which they can rent from the reception team. Team Generator Cph

Generator hostel was a very clean hostel with an excellent staff. The hostel was walking distance from the center of town, offered free walking tours and bike rentals. The hostel had a restaurant and a bar which were popular among the fellow travelers. We stayed the night of kareoke night and it was a blast meeting people from around the world.

Hi K, we are happy to know that you had a good stay here, and that you found our central location a bonus. Copenhagen is a biking city and we want our guests to join in the fun by renting bikes from our reception team. We have weekly events, so there will always be something fun happening in our lounge area. Thanks Team Generator CPH.

Liked our stay. Location was great. Bed/locker/power point/opening windows/other guests in dorm good. Negatives: the floor of room didn't seem to be vacuumed properly (sandy), shower drained poorly, so that during a long shower would partly overflow into room. Ventilation in hall terrible. Room had no fan or aircon. There was no water fountain available for guests to source water. Common area good, but less social than I expected.

• 14th Jul 2014

All in all pretty great! Very nice wifi, bathrooms, rooms. Lockers for after check-out filled up somewhat quickly, but they let you leave bags above them for free. I did it that way and had no issues.

• 13th Jul 2014

Overall a good visit. The manager helped us change rooms after a sleepless night from drunken roommates. Location is convenient and facilities are good. Unfortunately not anywhere to even boil water if you want to make something for yourself. They sai it's because they have a restaurant which is understandable but asking us to leave the dining space with our store bought yogurt breakfast when it was raining outside and no where to go inside was a bit harsh.

Pros: great location, modern facilities, great to have a bar and cafe downstairs with reasonable prices (when comparing to restaurants in the are) Cons: equivalent of AU$6 just to rent a towel for one night is too expensive! My room was facing the evening sun so was very hot even with the widow open (no air con) and with the window open it was very noisy due to downstairs bar although they did give me free ear plugs which worked :)

Hey L, Thanks for staying with us. Happy you enjoyed yourself here. Copenhagen can be expensive but we aim to create some value for you, even if it doesn't match Aussie prices, it's good for Copenhagen. Thanks and see you next time :) Team Generator CPH

Very nice, clean and modern hostel and it it relatively close to the city center. My only complaints is that they do not have a kitchen for cooking and that they do not allow you to have your own drinks within the hostel so you have to buy their drinks. In addition the hostel doesn't really organize anything or facilitate you meeting new people. I would recommend this hostel to groups traveling, but not for individuals.

Positive: 1) 2 showers, 1 bathroom, and extra sink in dorm; 2) friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable graveyard shift staff; 3) nice breakfast buffet; 4) excellent wi-fi. Negative: 1) dorm was hot and stuffy first 2 days; 2) neighborhood gets noisy at night; 3) service quality was mixed during the day; 4) only 2 washers and 2 dryers for the entire hostel. Advice: 1) buy washers and dryers for every floor; 2) make sure the maids have their own laundry room; 3) ensure that all staff know the city.

Hi,thank you for your feedback, we will take them on board. We are happy to know that you enjoyed the breakfast and that the ensuite facilties. We offer communial shower rooms also, but to give a bit more privacy all rooms come with ensuite shower rooms. Taking a trip to a city, everyone wants to be connected to the social media world, and with our free wifi and computers allow this. Our laudry room is accessable 24hrs a day to give more flexibility. Thanks Team Generator CPH.

This was a good spot to stay, in effect it is a bar, with accommodation upstairs! One here for the one night, but it was close to the city centre, even though it was a bit difficult to find, but the drink in here is cheap (for Scandinavia), you have a free use of computers, unlike other hostels, has a nice balcony, there are pool tables, if you need anything to eat you can get it here too. If I was coming back to Copenhagen, I would definitely stay here!

Hey, thanks so much for your super review. We are happy that you enjoyed your time here and that we added to your experience. We are real easy to get to from the airport, you only need to take a metro ride to Kongens Nytorv and then walk 5 minutes from there. Our bar has a great atmosphere with guests from different countries all adding to the social vibe, we offer daily events and happy hour every day, twice a day ;) Be sure to come back and stay with us. Thanks Team Generator

Great place to stay and meet other great travlers!

• 8th Jul 2014

Hi, thanks for the great rating! Sounds like you had good times here, come back for more :) Team Generator Cph

Had a wicked stay at the generator. Nice helpful staff. Clean bed and bathrooms. Great location and I felt safe for my entire stay.

Hi, thanks for the positive feedback. Happy you had a good time here, enjoyed the super central location, friendly staff and clean rooms. See you next time! Team Generator Cph

Security was pretty good, although no one seemed to be able to close the door to our room properly so it kept opening. Woke up in the morning to find it open, so I am glad the security was good elsewhere. The staff were really great and very helpful. Cleanliness wasn't the best, my sheets were stained, as were others in my room. The shower, toilet and sink were all separated - shower in one room, toilet in another and sink in our bedroom. Has a good lounging area w/ pool and computers to use.

Hi, thanks for staying with us. We will take your feedback on board, you can always see reception if something is not up to your expectations and we'd be happy to help you out. We like to keep it clean and comfortable for you :) See you next time! Team Generator Cph

That's nice. The facilities like the hotel. Clean

Generator is a cool hostel, but it is a douchebags nest! Never seen a hostel with such an amount of people that do not care about making noise or being disrespectful. The staff was really kind and professional, the lobby was cool (but not many outlets to charge my computer). The parties in the lobby could be heard in my room till past midnight, and that was really annoying. And no air conditioning, so I roasted in the room. Really too expensive for what it is and for the type of guests they have

Hi G, thanks for your feedback. We welcome everyone who enjoys hostel living here, and think we have a nice group of guests!! You are always welcome to see our reception and we can help you out, with ie. a quieter room. Some guests like to party other like to sleep and we just want to keep you all happy :) Hope you check us out again next time! Team Generator Cph

I like there's a bar inside the hostel

Great space to stay and meet people, You can walk anywhere in Copenhagen but this is a great starting point. Lot of cheap places to eat close by. Room s are clean and beads are comfy, My choice if I come back to the city again.

Hi K, thanks for reviewing us. Sounds like you had a great time here, and we hope to see you back here soon :) Team Generator Cph

Exellent location, not very well cleaned. I went to the receptiion twice to complain about the dirty floor and dirty bathroom. By the second time the lady of the front desk awnswered very clearly that i was in a hostel not in a hotel and that the cleaning staff is only instructed to empy the bins and prepare the beds for those who are cheking in.

Immediate street is filthy, wish it was more welcoming. staff was 110% really helpful and terrific. Thanks.so much. I had fun there and I am 63.

This was easy to find from the train station and has a great location in Copenhagen. The staff were helpful and it has a great entertainment area. I was there overnight only but would return.

Dear guest, thanks for the great feedback and see you next time for more good times! Team Generator Cph

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5