Generator Hostel Copenhagen Reviews

Adelgade 7, Copenhagen, Denmark

This is a fantastic place to stay. The common areas are the best of any hostel I've stayed at in Europe and even during the week there were always a lot of people to meet downstairs at the bar. The room lockers are spacious as well. Also a great location near Nyhavn. Cannot recommend this hostel highly enough!

It was a clean hostel, in a central location with good lockers in the room. The staff was really friendly and gave us even an upgrade for a better room :) However the hostel wasn't that cozy and the bar area was a bit too smelly during the day..

Really loved my stay at this hostel - staff were very friendly and helpful, great breakfast, clean and comfortable. I had booked a 6 bed dorm but was put into a 4 bed dorm, so very nice! Ensuite but separate shower and toilet in room, both were very clean. I was in a room directly above the bar and balcony which could get noisy at night, but the window's are very good and provide a lot of sound reduction. Only complaint was my pillow - much too small and uncomfortable!

We are from Taiwan. we stayed in double twin room, it's very clean, there's a window, so we can enjoy sunshine in the morning, all the facilities are really good, the breakfast is nice too, and the staffs are also really kind. We love this hostel.

Hi Y, Thank you for your nice words. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay here at Generator Copenhagen. Almost a perfect score. We hope that you managed to enjoy all that was on offer in our breakfast buffet. There is lots of choice. We hope to see you again soon! Greetings Team Generator Cph

This place was great. Only problem is that their are not enough laundry machines for the amour of people who stay here. So don't wait until the last minute to do laundry.

Loved this hostel. Great atmosphere. Really liked that the bathrooms and showers were in the rooms. Plenty of amenities. Karaoke in the bar was a lot of fun.

Great location, quite big so quite individualistic but still nice hostel. showers ensuite with dorm rooms were great. only thing I hated was the grandfather who stayed in my dormroom. Eh?

Hey there R. Thank you for your nice feedback about our hostel. Here at Generator we are open to all ages. We all want to stay young forever anyway, and with our youthful vibe all our guests can ;) We hope to see you again soon. Team Generator Cph

In general the hostel is quite nice, but it might need to be more clean in the rooms. It seems they just change the bedline. The mattresses are quite old and you can feel the springs.

Quite pricey but so is everything in copenhagen. Great location. Rent bikes! Nice accomodation and a good bar vibe at night. I would definitely recommend.

• 1st Sep 2014

Hey A, thanks for the review and happy that you had a good time here - that's what it's all about! See you next time :) Team Generator Cph

Overall very nice facilitated, however the design of the facilities especially the separateness of toilet, sink and bath room created a little bit of inconveniences.

Hi Z, thank you for leaving a review. Every room in our hostel has a private shower room (the 8 person dorm has 2) and a toilet. The dorm rooms also come with an additional sink. This is all to make things more comfortable for the guests in shared rooms. Thanks for staying. Team Generator Cph

Perfect location, close to the places shops, cafes, sights in Copenhagen. A very big hostel (hotel-like). Staff are usually impersonal (been twice already), plus teach them to raise their heads once in a while and not focus too much on the computer screen (probably their phones too) esp at the reception - they need to see when people are standing there waiting. Good bar atmosphere - Alessandro is great! Second time I got there my sheets were kinda dirty, but reception was too busy.

Hi E, thanks for your feedback. Good to hear that you had a good time in the bar and enjoyed yourself. We try our best to be there for you, and we are always. Sometimes reception can be busy and there may be a queue or something important that a colleague needs to pass on, but we will be with you as fast as we can, and we do everything we can to reduce lines, because, who likes them?! :) We wish you would have seen us so we could have helped you out. Thanks, Team Generator Cph

Great hostel! Clearly designed for travelers by travelers. It has everything you need plus a great staff and a fun bar to meet people in. I will be staying here again!

Hi H :) What a super review, thank you so much. We are glad that you had fun while you were here with us; we had a great time having you. Team Generator Cph

Nice hostel, good value for money. The rooms/bathrooms are clean, the stuff is friendly.

Hi Z, thank you for leaving a good review. It is great to know you had a good stay. Please come again.Team Generator Cph

Great location and facilities, as you'd expect from Generator. Staff seemed indifferent and felt a litte robotic - a smile goes a long way in lifting the spirits of travellers who may have just finished a long trip to reach the hostel. Staff were efficient, though. Bar and common rooms were great. Breakfast not included.

Hi there P, a big thank you for your review. We are glad that you felt what we offer is great and that the location made for a good stay. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Denmark. Team Generator Cph

huge hostel many people nice breakfast live music

Great Hostel.

Super thank you - 100 percent makes us a happy family! Cheers from the team and come back soon! :) Team Generator Cph

My Generator Hostel Copenhagen was fantastic! Very affordable price for my one night stay, centrally located in Copenhagen city and the bar area was awesome!

Hey J, thank you for your 100% score and positive review. YaaHoo :) You have made us all so happy. We truly wish to check you in again soon. Team Generator Cph

Everything was really good except for the fact that the bar closed early and that it was a little bit expensive, but the hostel is very good. Lockers under the beds, light and plugs for each bed, security in different doors, elevators, internet in the rooms, bar, receptionists were polite. etc.

Best place to stay in CPH. It seems expensive but relative to copenhagen it is the cheapest but there is no sacrifice of quality. It is in a fantastic location, rooms are lovely, staff are brilliant - though they seem to be short staffed so queues build up at busy times and it can be chaotic trying to check out/in. The only downside or weakness is they dont provide enough lockers for the luggage. So it is almost a mob scene trying to get lockers. That said said still a brillaint hostel :D

Hi S, thanks, we aim to be the best place to stay in CPH!!! So good to hear that you had a fun friendly and comfortable stay here. Spread the word and see you next time! Team Generator Cph

The hostel was great and rooms were clean, although I got the impression that they weren't cleaned daily. The shower had hair in the plug hole for a couple of days and I had to remove it myself. I took this as a sign that no cleaners check the room over on a daily basis and I think this could be improved for a more comfortable stay. Reception were very helpful and it was nice to have the benefit of it 24/7. I liked the storage boxes underneath the beds, meaning less things lying around.

Hi D, thanks for your comments. We take our cleaning seriously, with so many guests under one roof, it is important :) If anything is not up to standard, do see us, we are here 24-7! Good to hear that you had a fun time here, and that you felt safe with your bags. A big thanks from the team and see you next time! Tema Generator Cph

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7