Generator Hostel Copenhagen Reviews

Adelgade 7, Copenhagen, Denmark

Cleanest hostel I have ever stayed in. Very efficiently run, has a fun bar on location.

Nice, clean hostel. Room was also clean but bin wasn't emptied while I was there - 3 days. Good location: close to metro, shopping area and some of the main tourist attractions are just a short walk away. Common area was nice and funky. Didn't choose to have breakfast there. 65DKK if you book in advance or 75DKK that morning. Aldi around the corner and other small places where you can grab a hot drink and a pastry. The only real disadvantage was having to pay €11 to use a foreign credit card!

Overall the hostel is very good, the «not so good» things are: - you have yo buy a locker or bring one if you want to keep your stuff locked inside the dorms - the breakfast, for 75 DK could have a more diversified offer, however the food that is offered has good quality - it's huge so you do not have that « feel at home» kind of feeling, however everybody is friendly All the rest is pretty cool, the staff is awesome.

A bit too big for my taste, but everything was well organized and rooms and facilities were clean and comfy. Would recommend. Not cheap, but nothing is cheap in Copenhagen.

Nice Hostel in the middle of town, but could be cleaner

The location is good, not far from the subway station and it is close to restaurants, supermarket and convenient store. Staff are really helpful and friendly. The room mates I met were nice. Each bunk bed has its own plug and reading light. Shower and toilet are in the room. However, the door of our dorm opened by itself twice when I was there, which doesn't seem safe. No kitchen and food are not allow in the dining area.

Fast, easy check in and check out. No hassles. Would clarify directions from Metro station to state "as you exit the staircase, You will see a McDonalds on your left, then keep walking straiight and D'Angleterre hotel will be on your left. Keep walking two blocks to Gothersgade, turn left and walk three blocks to Adelgarde. Turn right and walk to Generator hostel

• 21st Mar 2014

if I came back to Copenhagen I would defo stay here again.the hostel is very modern and clean.the bar and dining area is massive.The breakfast is excellent and the prices are reasonable.A very beautiful city and a great location so easy find as well especially arriving by bus at 5 am in the morning.The staff are excellent as well and so efficient well done guys great job you should be so proud of your hostel.

Friendly staff in a great hostel with a lovely atmosphere; the room was nice and clean and had everything you need; the bar is very welcoming and invites to stay and to forget that you have great pubs around

Really nice hostel. I especially likes the lockers under the beds (remember a padlock) and that the beds are very stable - no problem getting to the top bunk. The dorms are ensuite which in general is a advantage. I did however have to get up almost in the middle of the night and due to the Danish weather had to dry my hair. It's a shame the commune showers doesn't have a hairdryer or just electric output so I didn't have to wake my entire dorm.

Overall I'm not super impressed with this hostel. It looks nice but check in was 2 PM (never experienced that in a hostel before) and check out 10 AM which is way too early. Staff was very aloof. Had to wait 3 hours before being able to check in and when I finally got to my room I had been assigned the top bunk while the bottom one was empty with dirty sheets, making be question why I had to wait so long to check in. TINY bathroom and shower, no hand soap by the sink. Prefer Cph. Downtown

Great hostel and although very large was also very clean. Dorms had great facilities and were clean. Lounge area/bar was great and overall hotel was fresh, modern and designed amazingly.

This is a lovely hostel. We stayed in a private room (double) for a few days and found it to be lovely. The rooms and common areas and all sparkling clean and the staff were really friendly and helpful. It's also incredible easy to get to from the airport, and is nicely positioned just a few minutes walk from the main bar/restaurant area. The bar is great for watching football in too! Only complaint is that we found they closed the kitchen early a couple of nights because they were understaffed.

We had a brillint time at the hostel. It provided the perfect base for our stay, and had a cool and funky atmosphere. We only stayed a couple of nights but i would recommend it to my girlfriends in the future as it seems a great place to hang out! my only qualm is its price. You do a great job and provide good facilities but it is still rather pricey for a hostel. People generally book hostels for money saving budget purposes; but i realise everything in copenhagens expensive.

• 8th Mar 2014

The hostel had a great location in the city and gave us easy access to restaurants, public transit, and many of the major tourist sites. The staff were friendly and helpful and addressed all our needs quickly, even giving us good dinner recommendations. The layout of the rooms was, however, a bit annoying- the underbed storage lockers seem like a great idea until everyone wants to open them at once and there is no space in the room!

Nice location, metro stop Kongens Nytorv is only 15 mins away from the airport and it's a direct route without changing trains anywhere. Beds have plastic covers for privacy. Go for the free Copenhagen walking tour because you will learn a lot about Denmark and Copenhagen from there

This is a great hostel with excellent location, clean environment and safe atmosphere. It's rather like a hotel I would say. I stayed in a 8 people mixed dorm. The bunk beds are clean and there are boards to provide private space! Staff is helpful in general, some of them are really kind and recommend places to go, however, maybe few of them are a bit too busy to answer questions...

• 7th Mar 2014
  • Hong Kong

Pretty good place for Copenhahen, heaps of people.

Amazing hostel, so central we never had to get public transport! We got a private double room which was clean and cosy, the chill out area is amazing. Definitely do the free walking tour as well!

Some people from the staff were not so nice to the customers and not helpful by given advices about the city!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4